Location of PB dll's for application deployment?

Hi,

When deploying a PB 7 app, I would like to put them in

<system drive>:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder

But how can I make my .exe know where to find them?

Regards,

Eelco

0
Eelco

Hi Eelco,

You could add an entry in the registry under the 'App Paths' key. Do a
search in the registry for pb70.exe. You'll see a path string value for this
key as well. You can do the same for your application.

HTH
--

Gegroet

- Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering, The Netherlands
  Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://www.knoware.nl/users/cypr115

Eelco Mulder <eelco.mulder@hetnet.nl> schreef in berichtnieuws
WmL9pspM$GA.284@forums.sybase.com...
> Hi,
>
> When deploying a PB 7 app, I would like to put them in
>
> <system drive>:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder
>
> But how can I make my .exe know where to find them?
>
> Regards,
>
> Eelco

0
Eric
11/19/1999 2:43:16 PM
On Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:43:16 +0100, "Eric Aling [TeamSybase]"
<NOSPAM_e.aling@cypres.nl> wrote:

>Hi Eelco,
>
>You could add an entry in the registry under the 'App Paths' key. Do a
>search in the registry for pb70.exe. You'll see a path string value for this
>key as well. You can do the same for your application.

We support installing our application more than once on a computer in
(obviously) different directories.  I have wondered how we could use
'app paths' when both instances of the application have the same name.
Any suggestions?

Thx.

Dan Harrel.

0
NOSPAM__dharrel
11/22/1999 1:49:57 PM
> We support installing our application more than once on a computer in
> (obviously) different directories.  I have wondered how we could use
> 'app paths' when both instances of the application have the same name.
> Any suggestions?

I think that something like this should :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
Paths\yourapp_v1.Exe
@="C:\\Program Files\\v1\\yourapp.Exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
Paths\yourapp_v2.Exe
@="C:\\Program Files\\v2\\yourapp.Exe

I did a quick test using the Start ... Run ... and it looks Ok. Need
more testing.

Bye.
---
Real Gagnon from Quebec Canada
* Visit the Java Js & PB How-to  http://tactika.com/realhome
* Subscribe to the Newsletter  mailto:realhowto@onelist.com
0
Real

DLL's obfuscated using DotFuscator when deployed don't work and the DLL's are easily decompiled. What to do?
I used DotFuscator Community edition that ships with VS2005 to obfuscate some of the DLL's from my PreCompiled website. When I deploy these obfuscated DLL's on the webserver, my site doesn't work. If I revert back to my old DLL's fo my precompiled website, it works fine. Secondly, the DLL's obfuscated with DotFuscator Community Edition are easily decompiled to the original source code using a decompiler like Salamander .NET decompiler (http://www.remotesoft.com/salamander/). Then, whats the use of this DotFuscator if it can't obfuscate the DLL's. Ple...

Which .dll's can cause errors in PB .dll's
I would like to find out which .dll's (not PB .dll's) can cause errors in PB ..dll's - for example in pbvm60.dll. I know that drivers to some HP printers can cause errors in PB programs. Have a nice day! Joanna Any DLL that PB interacts with can result in errors... /ck "Joanna Owczarzak" <windows@poznan.varico.com> wrote in message news:P1Ms22iLCHA.654@forums.sybase.com... > I would like to find out which .dll's (not PB .dll's) can cause errors in PB > .dll's - for example in pbvm60.dll. > I know that drivers to some H...

Upgrading to PB 7.03 DLL's --> Rebuild project generated DLL's???
We have several apps that are all built using windows machine code DLLs and were last compiled / rebuilt when first migrated to pb7. If I upgrade to pb7.03 and then install the latest build 10077 or whatever it is do I need to rebuild all the DLL's? I'm assuming yes and feel more comfortable doing it anyway but it is time consuming and always a risk putting out new DLL's on the network. I did think I read somewhere that one of the fixes or enhancements in 7.03 was faster network execution of DLL's. Is this true? thanks jack Jack, Although it sometimes...

GPF's In PB DLL's
Hello, I have posted already regarding a gpf we encounter in pbrte050.dll. We are currently in the midst of researching several gpf's that are occuring in different PowerBuilder dlls when running our application. We are using PB 5.0.03 (32 Bit) with SQL Anywhere 5.0.03 (build 884). The following are the regularly reported gpfs we are seeing: APP CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE PBRTF050.DLL @ 0137:10d01c9e APP CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE PBDWE050.DLL @ 0137:115e6d2a APP CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE PBDWE050.DLL @ 014F:115e6d2a APP CAUSED AN INVA...

List of PB Dll's required to create independent Executable for PB application
Hi All, I have application developed in PB9 and oracle9, i need to create Executable and need to run to machine which dont have Power Builder installed. Please tell the list of PB9 DLL's are required to copy while creating Executable. Thanks & Regards Mukul Trivedi There is a section in the documentation that discusses the deployment files needed (and permitted) for PowerBuilder. mukul wrote: > Hi All, > > I have application developed in PB9 and oracle9, i need to create > Executable and need to run to machine which dont have Power Builder > ins...

deployment pb dll's
I made a simple proto type of my app. I want to show it. I copied pbvm60.dll and my exe, but when I run it, I get an illegal operation error. If I point the shortcut back to my development dlls it works fine. All it does is read from file and poplate a treeview. There is no database connection yet. What am I missing? Is your prototype using datawindows? If so, include PBDWE60.DLL as well. pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Steve Strong <ucadm.steve@utah.ut.us> wrote in message news:368A7399.D33DB008@utah.ut.us... >I made a simple proto type of my app. I want to show it. I copi...

For some reason though it appears that one of my class files (_common.cs - in the App_Code directory) is being included in the WAP .dll file as well as when it compiles the App_Code at runtime.error CS0433: The type 'inlinehockey._common' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\25321638\9b5c4b00\assembly\dl3\3657f4e6\cd91aef5_4d5cc601\inlinehockey.DLL' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\25321638\9b5c4b00\App_Code.xad_ajc1.dll'  The error was not knowing what dll to use for the type w...

PB 11 deployment DLL's
Hi -- can someone point me to a list of DLL's I need to deploy with my PB 11 app? Can't find anything on SYBASE.COM. Thanks. There's a section in the Application Techniques HTML book in your Help: Deployment Techniques "Rick" <rickxyz--nospam.zyxcharnes@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MPG.21ffed6a914e2cb898978b@forums.powersoft.com... > Hi -- can someone point me to a list of DLL's I need to deploy with my > PB 11 app? Can't find anything on SYBASE.COM. Thanks. Thanks much. The two files that I don't see explained there ar...

Powerbuilder 8 deployment DLL's
Where can I find the list of deployment DLL's for PB8? Thanks! - Jason I just found it in Chapter 36 of Application Techniques online. Thanks anyway. Maybe this will help someone else :) Name Required for ------------------ ----------------------------------------------------- PBVM80.DLL All LIBJCC.DLL All PBDWE80.DLL DataWindows and DataStores PBRTC80.DLL Rich Text PBFNT80.INI Mapping unavailable fonts PBLAB80.INI Label DataWindow presentation style predefined formats PBTRA8...

Deployment dll's for PB 8
I'm trying to find a list of deployment dll's for a PB 8 application. My app uses a native database driver for Sybase ASE. I know I have to install the Sybase open client libraries, but which PB dll's do I need. I found some info on the sybase site, but I'm not sure it includes everything. So far, my list includes: pbvm80.dll libjcc.dll pbdwe80.dll Am I missing anything? TIA - Dave See the application techniques guide for a full list of deployment dlls: Name Required for PBVM80.DLL All LIBJCC.DLL All ...

Powerbuilder Executable
When I try to create a Powerbuilder (7) machine code executable, I keep getting a crash (Runtime error R0014) - saying that one of my application's dll's could not be opened. But, the dll's are all in the same directory as the executable. This directory is also registered in my path variables. I have also copied all the Powerbuilder dlls to the same directory as well. I've switched runtime tracing on and been able to establish that it's happening when one of my dlls is creating an object that is coded into a second dll. It is this second dll which cannot be opened. ...

PowerBuilder 8 Deployment DLL's #2
I am looking for the list of the DLL files which needs to be shipped to the user (Windows XP) machine during the Application deployment. Thanks in advance: vutkin@exchange.ml.com Look in the HTML books, Application Techniques. There is a section on deploying the application. <Larry Utkin> wrote in message news:40699ca8.2fbb.846930886@sybase.com... > I am looking for the list of the DLL files > which needs to be shipped to the user (Windows XP) > machine during the Application deployment. > Thanks in advance: vutkin@exchange.ml.com ...

What Runtime Dll's needed for PB 10 deployment?
Does anyone know what Runtime DLL's are needed to deploy PowerBuilder 10 app that connects to SyBase 12.5 on the backend? Thanks This exact topic was covered yesterday. Please search for that post "Dlls for deployment with PB10.0.1". <Sm> wrote in message news:4224b4c1.14f5.1681692777@sybase.com... > Does anyone know what Runtime DLL's are needed to deploy > PowerBuilder 10 app that connects to SyBase 12.5 on the > backend? > > Thanks ...

Web resources about - Location of PB dll's for application deployment? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...

New patent application suggests Nintendo’s NX console is like nothing we’ve seen before
Nintendo has been close-mouthed about its plans for the Nintendo NX, but a recent patent filing may have tipped the company's hand. If so, then ...