linking a sql field to point to the value of another sql field

is it possible to create hyperlinks in powerbuilder such
that if you retrieve two fields from a database.. and want
to display the first field on the screen and have it link to
the value of the other field (when clicked) which is
actually a URL address, you can?

any help will be appreciated. thank you!
0
no

Database triggers - SQL Server
I would like to ensure data integrity in a column (actually multiple columns will need a trigger) in my table(s) by setting up a trigger which allows an update of my database field only if the value which is being written to the field in the database exists in another column (in another "check" table).eg. I only want values "Yes", "No" or "" in many of my fields, which I store in a column named "YesNoBlank" in another table.Does anyone know the easy way to do this? / Syntax for the trigger? Why not use PK/FK instead of trigger? I ...

How to save a picture in a SQL image field and how to show a picture from a SQL image field
HI! I am searching now a real long time in the forum and I found a lot of stuff to this topic. But please help me it doesn't work! On my webapplication there is a possibility to save a private picture.If a new user is saved in the database I want to save a fixed picture as startpicture.Dim picturePath As String = Request.ServerVariables("APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH") & "img\anonymous.jpg" Please tell me the way how to save this anonymous.jpg from the picturePath into the database and after that how to display the picture. Thank you! .         ...

UserID field in SQL Express won't match to SQL 2000 field
Hi - I am using .net2, with Sql Express for the Users/Membership etc, and a SQL 2000 database for my actual web application.I want to associate my user in the aspnet_Users table of the SQL Express database, with records from the SQL 2000 database.In SQL Express the datatype for the UserID field is uniqueidentifier, length 16.  In SQL 2000 therefore, I added a table, with a column name of UserID as uniqueidentifier, length 16.When I try to insert the UserID from SQL Express into the UserID field of the SQL 2000 table, I get the error: Guid should containt 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxx...

Updating non-nullable field in SQL with default value through dynamic field
Hi, I'm running Server 2008 and the 3.5 sp 1 Dynamic Data. I've got a Dynamic Data application using Entity Framework for its model, and I have a non-nullable datetime field that I don't want to scaffold; I want the database's default value to go in every time. In my partial class in the entity project, I've decorated the field with [Scaffold(false)], and I've also set the field setter to be private. The field does not render out to the page (good), but it still expects a value and breaks when I try to submit the rest of my fields exposed in a DetailsView control. I...

Selecting value in one field then causes value in another field to be selected.
I have a web form which contains a date field, the date is populated using a DatePicker which is Javascript based. The form also has a drop down box containing 3 values. What I want to do is when a date has been selected that this will cause the dropdown list value to change to dated which is one of its 3 values. i.e. when the date field is not blank then the value will be selected in the dropdown. What I also want to happen is when the date has been selected and the dropdown value is dated then the date field and the dropdown field will be set to read only.Anyone any ideas how to this usin...

how to pass field value to another field
how can i take an id field value from one table and insert it to a field in another table? my insert for document is this: const string sql = "INSERT INTO document(doc_id, doc_name) VALUES(doc_id, doc_name)"; my insert for staff data: success = (int)ApplicationBLL.InsertData(staff_name, staff_loc); each staff must be linked to one document. therefore i have staff_id in both tables. staff_id (pk with identity seed) in staff table and staff_id in document table. But when i run application it says cannot insert null into staff_id in document. could I hardcode it to pass staff_id f...

Pass a form field value from one page to another and fit it into a Sql query
Hi all  I'm trying to do the following and hope you can help 1 User selects a value in a dropDownList(Scheme) on Page1 and then clicks Next button which has a PostBackUrl of Page2 2 on Page2 collect the value that was submitted from Page1 and use this value to query a database. e.g. select * from databasetable where SchemeID = (the value of Scheme Passed from Page1) Anyone know how I can achieve this? regards Chubster  it wasn't me, a big boy did it and ran away Hi Chubster, Using cross page postback, access the PreviousPage property of Page2 to retrieve values f...

Retrieving the description field or SQL Comment field from a view
Hi, I have managed to use the INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES to retrieve a list of all my views. I was wondering if it was possible to retrieve the Description or SQL Comment field from a view via ADO.NET, which can be found in the Enterprise Manager Design View properties (right click - properties) I want to hopefully utilize this field for dynamic page titling of a datagrid bound view.  Many Thanks in anticipation!...

Hiding a hyperlink field if another field has a certain value
Hello all,I have a GridView and in it is have a bound data field and a hyperlink field.  The data field provides status information on data and when that data reaches a certain stage i want a hyperlink to be available in the hyperlink field.  The hyperlink cannot be there any other time.This is what I have tried already... Protected Sub grdvCPBatches_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles grdvCPBatches.RowDataBound If e.Row.Cells(4).Text = "Not Uploaded" Then e.Row.Cells(5).TemplateControl.C...

How to define field attribute for a numeric field in SQL table?
I need create a field to store tax rate. I need only 2 decimal points. I defined the field as decimal, precision=5 and scale=2. Does it mean that it can hold value from 0.00 to 999.99? Actually, it should be able to hold from -999.99 through 999.99. TerriTerri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question True... here comes my really problem. My aspx form always does rounding for me while I update the table. If I enter 0.7 it will become 0 in the table. If I enter 2.7 it will become 3 in the table. What is the trick? You'll have to show us your code surrounding th...

populate a field with another field value onclick event
On ButtonClick, I want the hidden field orderValue to read the value from Amount. The above alert statement is correct but when I write the document.Test.orderValue.value tot he database it inserts a blank field. When I view source files, the value from OrderValue is still blank. Pls assis in how i resolve this function ClickEvent() { if (document.getElementById('btn').onclick) { document.Test.orderValue.value = document.Amount.value; alert(document.Test.orderValue.value); } } <form name="Test"> <input type="hidden" name="o...

How do I get the Identity field value after a sql insert so the value can be included in the email sent upon submit?
I have  a form that gathers a bunch of data, inserts into a sql database via a stored procedure, and then emails a user some details.  How can I include the value of the unique identifier for the row just inserted into sql in the email?    Here's my code behind.. and I don't know how/where to query the db to get the value and insert it... Protected Sub Submit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Submit.Click InsertConflictSearch.InsertParameters("SearchStatusID").DefaultValue = "1"InsertConflictSearch.Insert...

For SQL gurus... how to manage % with fields value
Hi!I've a table "Progetti" with a list of projectsfor each project I can have many steps in the table "ProgettiFasi" (one project many steps)for each step I've a value "ProgettiFasi.ValoreImponibile"I can insert each step in a "proforma invoice" (pre-invoice), that I find in "EstrattiConto" tableIn each "proforma invoce" (EstrattiConto table) I can have many steps of differents projects but about the same customer, I see all steps in the detail table "EstrattiContoDettaglio"each "proforma invoce" has a to...

Sql fields.
What is the command to see how many lines were returned with a Select statement? @@ROWCOUNT***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

Web resources about - linking a sql field to point to the value of another sql field - sybase.powerbuilder.general

GPL linking exception - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A GPL linking exception modifies the GNU General Public License (GPL) to create a new, modified license. Such modified licenses enable software ...

Facebook Tests Aggregated Tags Linking External Sites
Facebook appears to be testing the linking of its aggregated tags on its news feed leading to destinations outside of the social network, rather ...

An Industry Standard for Linking on Mobile
Linking is an important part of what makes the web great, but right now it's too hard to implement and expose deep links on mobile. There's no ...

Facebook vs. Google: the battle for deep linking supremacy
Facebook and Google are in an arms race, but this time not over active user counts. Both tech giants are making big moves in the deep linking ...

Mobile app deep-linking and new Cards - Twitter Blogs
Twitter Cards are being used by more than 10,000 developers, mobile apps and websites to richly represent content on Twitter, including article ...

ResortApp — The app linking you to America's premier resort towns on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about ResortApp — The app linking you to America's premier resort towns. ...

Flickr: Linking Paths' Photostream
Explore Linking Paths' photostream on Flickr. This user has 368 photos on Flickr.

Sway SXSW Takeover: Skeme & Lil Uzi Vert Talk Linking With DJ Drama, Ghostwriting & New Projects - YouTube ...
From two opposite coasts and walks of life, Inglewood native Skeme and Philly emcee Lil Uzi Vert join DJ Drama and the Sway In The Morning crew ...

Studies linking fluoride in water to health issues prompt Australian review
Australian health authorities are reviewing the case for fluoride in drinking water amid concerns scientific evidence supporting the benefits ...

Syrian Opposition Claims It Has Evidence Linking Assad Forces To Recent Chlorine Gas Attack
BEIRUT (Reuters) – Syrian opposition activists have posted photographs and video that they say shows an improvised chlorine bomb to back up claims ...