Java and Distributed PowerBuilder

I'm trying to figure out where the import library is located for a java
applet to talk to distributed powerbuilder. The JavaBean Proxy generator
created the Java code successfully, but I can't find out where the import
library of com.sybase.dpb is.

Thanks,
Bill Anderson

0
Williams

It's jdpblib.jar. I found mine in C:\Program Files\Powersoft\Shared and added
it to the class path. I think you also need jgl3.1.0.jar. That one was under
C:\Program Files\Powersoft\Shared\ObjectSpace_JGL\lib.

Jiggy
eMail: jiggys@usa.net
Website: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/3837/

Williams Communications Group wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out where the import library is located for a java
> applet to talk to distributed powerbuilder. The JavaBean Proxy generator
> created the Java code successfully, but I can't find out where the import
> library of com.sybase.dpb is.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill Anderson

0
Jiggy

Java and Distributed Powerbuilder
I'm trying to figure out where the import library is located for a java applet to talk to distributed powerbuilder. The JavaBean Proxy generator created the Java code successfully, but I can't find out where the import library of com.sybase.dpb is. Thanks, Bill Anderson c:\program files\sybase\shared You need to have JDPBlib.jar in your CLASSPATH. You also need JGL3 class library in your CLASSPATH -- Dean Jones, CPD Professional 6.0 Team Powersoft PowerTeam, Inc. www.powerobjects.com dean@powerobjects.com Williams Communications Group wrote in message ... ...

Dropping Distributed PowerBuilder Support in PowerBuilder 8.0
I heard a long time ago that distributed PowerBuilder support was going to be dropped in PowerBuilder 8.0 in lieu of using EAServer. Is that true? When is PowerBuilder 8.0 coming out. Target for PB8 is Q1 2001. DPB is not being enhanced but the capabilities will still be there. On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:40:03 -0400, Chuck_Kiefriter wrote: >I heard a long time ago that distributed PowerBuilder support was going to >be dropped in PowerBuilder 8.0 in lieu of using EAServer. Is that true? >When is PowerBuilder 8.0 coming out. Chuck, I apologize, but I gave you inac...

java powerbuilder to java functions
We are currently on PowerBuilder 8.0, backend Sybase, and are looking into web development using pure Java, no EAS. Are there any class libraries out there that have been written for java/powerbuilder, for instance the equivelent of Rowcount() or Find, or other datawindow functions, but now instead of using datawindows we will be using arrays. I hate to reinvent the wheel and it seems like somebody must have done this already. Larry Horowitz Larry, I'm lost. No EAS, no DataWindows. Where does PowerBuilder fit into the solution here? -- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSy...

Distributed PowerBuilder
I am in the process of moving an existing PB5 PFC application Distributed PB 5. I have several concerns in regards to the capabilities of this option. We are considering moving the database access along with the business NVOs/Rules from the client machine to an application server. These are some of the concerns we have... 1.In terms of using datastores on the server machine and datawindows on the client machine, how will the communication be facilitated? - should the datawindows on the client app be external? 2. In regards to the datawindow to server communication for r...

Distributed PowerBuilder
Hi all. I am trying to figure out the steps, when you build dpb. Can and shall I use PFC both on client and server? If yes, do I have to have one set of pbl:s for the client and one for the server? Can I run the client pbl:s in one instance of powerbuilder, and the server pbl:s in another? Can I share objects on client and server, under development? Does anyone know any document, describing the steps? PowerSofts "Building Distributed Applications" is ok, but it don't cover everything. Regards Stefan Uhlin/ConNova ...

Distributed powerbuilder
Is it possible to establish a connection between two powerbuilder apps across the internet using TCP/IP and Winsock? I'm not going through a web browser, just straight from one app to another. I have tested this on an application on our LAN, and it works perfectly. But not so when I try it over the internet. Any ideas? The server that the applicaton server resides on is behind a firewall. Could this cause any problems? I'm running on WinNT/98/95 using PB 6.5 Jan Erik Hermansen On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 09:20:57 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.di...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Distributed PowerBuilder
I am in the process of moving an existing PB5 PFC application Distributed PB 5. I have several concerns in regards to the capabilities of this option. We are considering moving the database access along with the business NVOs/Rules from the client machine to an application server. These are some of the concerns we have... 1.In terms of using datastores on the server machine and datawindows on the client machine, how will the communication be facilitated? - should the datawindows on the client app be external? 2. In regards to the datawindow to server communication for r...

Powerbuilder to Java
Will the component factory enable me to migrate my Powerbuilder Application to real Java Code ? Will this work for nonvisual and for visual objects ? I need to migrate my Powerbuilder Application to Java because it should work on IBM NCs without Winframe. Please help me. Thanks a lot !!!! Erwin Selg wrote: > Will the component factory enable me to migrate my Powerbuilder > Application to real Java Code ? > Will this work for nonvisual and for visual objects ? I need to migrate > my Powerbuilder Application to Java because > it should work on IBM NCs witho...

distributed powerbuilder
What about giving us DPB back? Maybe it is not powerfull enough to write huge multitier applications but realizes a good way for interapplication communication. Also for smaller multitier functionality customer is not always interested in buying EAS. I'd never understood the reasons for stopping this technology. -- Chris Werner "Chris Werner" <cw@f-s.de> wrote in message news:Oa6MXhkHDHA.277@forums-2-dub... > What about giving us DPB back? Maybe it is not > powerfull enough to write huge multitier applications > but realizes a good way for i...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

SMP Distributed Powerbuilder
Hi, Does Distributed Powerbuilder take advantage of multiprocessor machines ? Is it possible to make it run on as many processors as I want ? TIA Diego Hulse (diegohulse@usa.net) Develop Informatica suporte@develop.com.br No and Yes. DPB ~can~ be configured to run under multiprocessor systems but it requires you to manage thread contention yourself. Mike Diego Hulse <diegohulse@usa.net> wrote in message 35A529C1.6E48@usa.net... >Hi, > >Does Distributed Powerbuilder take advantage of multiprocessor machines >? > >Is it possible to make it ...

Web resources about - Java and Distributed PowerBuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles