Is there a way to determine the date my PowerBuilder application was last compiled?

I would like to be able to determine, from within a PB application (using PB
10.5), if the application has been deployed since the last time a user ran
it.  In other words, is there a way to programmatically determine the date
and or timestamp of the last compile?

0
Libby

Add this instance variable to an object:

DateTime idt_compiled = DateTime(Today(), Now())

The compiled version of the object in the library will contain the datetime
the object was compiled.

"Libby Engelbret" <lengelbret@npomn.com> wrote in message
>I would like to be able to determine, from within a PB application (using
>PB 10.5), if the application has been deployed since the last time a user
>ran it.  In other words, is there a way to programmatically determine the
>date and or timestamp of the last compile?

0
Roland
6/26/2006 4:45:18 PM
I'm sorry, I don't understand.  That variable will be set whenever the
object is instantiated, so it will give you the instantiation date and time,
not the date and time of the last compile.  Or am I missing something?
"Roland Smith" <rsmith@cvps.com> wrote in message
> Add this instance variable to an object:
>
> DateTime idt_compiled = DateTime(Today(), Now())
>
> The compiled version of the object in the library will contain the
> datetime the object was compiled.
>

> "Libby Engelbret" <lengelbret@npomn.com> wrote in message
>>I would like to be able to determine, from within a PB application (using
>>PB 10.5), if the application has been deployed since the last time a user
>>ran it.  In other words, is there a way to programmatically determine the
>>date and or timestamp of the last compile?

0
Libby
6/28/2006 5:17:29 PM
You're missing something.  PB is compiled to pcode.  The value of those
variables gets set when that compilation is done, not when the script is
run.

> I'm sorry, I don't understand.  That variable will be set whenever the
> object is instantiated, so it will give you the instantiation date and
> time, not the date and time of the last compile.  Or am I missing
> something?
> "Roland Smith" <rsmith@cvps.com> wrote in message
>> Add this instance variable to an object:
>>
>> DateTime idt_compiled = DateTime(Today(), Now())
>>
>> The compiled version of the object in the library will contain the
>> datetime the object was compiled.
>>

>> "Libby Engelbret" <lengelbret@npomn.com> wrote in message
>>>I would like to be able to determine, from within a PB application (using
>>>PB 10.5), if the application has been deployed since the last time a user
>>>ran it.  In other words, is there a way to programmatically determine the
>>>date and or timestamp of the last compile?

0
Bruce
<head>
</head>
But remember, it only works if you initialize the variable directly at
declaration, so not in your code.<br>
If you do it in some script you're right, you get the date and time of
execution.<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">***********************************
**      Joost A. Bloemsma        **
**    PowerBuilder Developer     **
**      D2-Groep - DLM bv        **
**       <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.d2groep.nl">www.d2groep.nl</a>          **
** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:joost.bloemsma@dlm.d2groep.nl">joost.bloemsma@dlm.d2groep.nl</a> **
***********************************</pre>
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote:
  <pre wrap="">You're missing something.  PB is compiled to pcode.  The value of those
variables gets set when that compilation is done, not when the script is
run.

"Libby Engelbret" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:lengelbret@npomn.com">&lt;lengelbret@npomn.com&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:44a2b879$1@forums-2-dub">news:44a2b879$1@forums-2-dub</a>...
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I'm sorry, I don't understand.  That variable will be set whenever the
object is instantiated, so it will give you the instantiation date and
time, not the date and time of the last compile.  Or am I missing
something?
"Roland Smith" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:rsmith@cvps.com">&lt;rsmith@cvps.com&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:44a00f1e$1@forums-1-dub">news:44a00f1e$1@forums-1-dub</a>...
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Add this instance variable to an object:

DateTime idt_compiled = DateTime(Today(), Now())

The compiled version of the object in the library will contain the
datetime the object was compiled.

"Libby Engelbret" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:lengelbret@npomn.com">&lt;lengelbret@npomn.com&gt;</a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:44a00b0d@forums-1-dub">news:44a00b0d@forums-1-dub</a>...
      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">I would like to be able to determine, from within a PB application (using
PB 10.5), if the application has been deployed since the last time a user
ran it.  In other words, is there a way to programmatically determine the
date and or timestamp of the last compile?

        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

  </pre>
0
Joost
6/29/2006 6:22:21 PM
You might want to post in non-HTML if you want a majority of people to
be able to read your messages.

On 29 Jun 2006 11:22:21 -0700, Joost Bloemsma
<dontspam_joost.bloemsma@dlm.d2groep.nl_dontspam> wrote:

><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
><head>
></head>
>But remember, it only works if you initialize the variable directly at
>declaration, so not in your code.<br>
>If you do it in some script you're right, you get the date and time of
>execution.<br>
><pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">***********************************
>**      Joost A. Bloemsma        **
>**    PowerBuilder Developer     **
>**      D2-Groep - DLM bv        **
>**       <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.d2groep.nl">www.d2groep.nl</a>          **
>** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:joost.bloemsma@dlm.d2groep.nl">joost.bloemsma@dlm.d2groep.nl</a> **
>***********************************</pre>
>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote:
>  <pre wrap="">You're missing something.  PB is compiled to pcode.  The value of those
>variables gets set when that compilation is done, not when the script is
>run.
>
>"Libby Engelbret" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:lengelbret@npomn.com">&lt;lengelbret@npomn.com&gt;</a> wrote in message
><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:44a2b879$1@forums-2-dub">news:44a2b879$1@forums-2-dub</a>...
>  </pre>
>    <pre wrap="">I'm sorry, I don't understand.  That variable will be set whenever the
>object is instantiated, so it will give you the instantiation date and
>time, not the date and time of the last compile.  Or am I missing
>something?
>"Roland Smith" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:rsmith@cvps.com">&lt;rsmith@cvps.com&gt;</a> wrote in message
><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:44a00f1e$1@forums-1-dub">news:44a00f1e$1@forums-1-dub</a>...
>    </pre>
>      <pre wrap="">Add this instance variable to an object:
>
>DateTime idt_compiled = DateTime(Today(), Now())
>
>The compiled version of the object in the library will contain the
>datetime the object was compiled.
>

>"Libby Engelbret" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:lengelbret@npomn.com">&lt;lengelbret@npomn.com&gt;</a> wrote in message
><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:44a00b0d@forums-1-dub">news:44a00b0d@forums-1-dub</a>...
>      </pre>
>        <pre wrap="">I would like to be able to determine, from within a PB application (using
>PB 10.5), if the application has been deployed since the last time a user
>ran it.  In other words, is there a way to programmatically determine the
>date and or timestamp of the last compile?
>
>        </pre>
>      <pre wrap="">
>      </pre>
>    <pre wrap="">
>    </pre>
>  <pre wrap=""><!---->
>
>  </pre>

0
Bruce
6/30/2006 6:39:57 AM
Eh.... sorry ;-)

***********************************
**      Joost A. Bloemsma        **
**    PowerBuilder Developer     **
**      D2-Groep - DLM bv        **
**       www.d2groep.nl          **
> [...]

>>    </pre>
>>      <pre wrap="">Add this instance variable to an object:
>>
>> DateTime idt_compiled = DateTime(Today(), Now())
>>
>> The compiled version of the object in the library will contain the
>> datetime the object was compiled.
>>

>> "Libby Engelbret" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:lengelbret@npomn.com">&lt;lengelbret@npomn.com&gt;</a> wrote in message
>> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:44a00b0d@forums-1-dub">news:44a00b0d@forums-1-dub</a>...
>>      </pre>
>>        <pre wrap="">I would like to be able to determine, from within a PB application (using
>> PB 10.5), if the application has been deployed since the last time a user
>> ran it.  In other words, is there a way to programmatically determine the
>> date and or timestamp of the last compile?

0
Joost

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

Powerbuilder 8.0 compiled as a 64-bit application
Can Powerbuilder 8.0 be compiled as a 64-bit application and thus run in the new Windows-XP environment? Thank you for your help with this question. L.G. AFAIK It cannot. ...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

PowerBuilder Compilation
Hello I have got PB8.0 build 7039 i got a W2003 server with 2 gb ram/ dual processor, my 34 pbls are of 56MB size, when i compile them into DLLs, it takes about 4 hours for the full build and dll is of size 80MB size, i am planning to do the compile on that w2003 server, i just want to know whether PB8.0 will use the fact that it has got dual processor and will try to use both or I have to configure something to let him use that. thanks for the help! regards Sunil Honestly I have never used compiled PB code. PBDs work much better and are much more stable. Have you tried PBDs? ...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

PowerBuilder.Application
Hi, I try to use PowerBuilder.Application automation object in C++ with IDispatch interface but where can I find the DISPID of LibraryList, MachineCode, CreateObject members ? Thanks in advance Benoit. It's easiest to use the OLE call "GetIDsOfNames(...)". This remains version independent. Hope this helps, Reed Shilts PowerBuilder / PowerJ Kernel Group ***Nothing I Say Is Official*** Benoit ROUGE-PULLON wrote: > Hi, > > I try to use PowerBuilder.Application automation object in C++ with > IDispatch interface but where can I find the...

PowerBuilder.Application
Hi, I try to use PowerBuilder.Application automation object in C++ with IDispatch interface but where can I find the DISPID of LibraryList, MachineCode, CreateObject members ? Thanks in advance Benoit. ...

PowerBuilder Application
Hi, I've came across with this situation of a friend of mine that some time ago bought a car dealer application developed with Powerbuilder, and now the software company went out of business. The software company never provided him with any installation CD's for the program so if something happens to the computer he will loose all the information and won't be able to use the program. My question is how can i make a backup copy of the program so that it can be restored later in case something happens to the computer. I've identified the program files, database files a...

application in PowerBuilder
Hi. I'm looking for an application in PowerBuilder for my company. Our database are in Sybase. We need an ERP (inventario, compras, ventas, facturacion, importaciones, etc.). Can someone suggest me one? Thanks in advance! Puedes intentar en Consulting, una empresa peruana que vende el AXIOM, un ERP con todo lo que necesitas. www.consultingasociados.com C�sar. "Cecilia" <cpedraza@subaquatec.com> wrote in message news:YT$F$1jmCHA.329@forums.sybase.com... > Hi. > I'm looking for an application in PowerBuilder for my company. > Our datab...

Why my application runs faster within PowerBuilder than within a compiled Exec?
I recently noticed that a program I have runs significantly faster when run within PowerBuilder ("Running Man") than from the compiled executable. I have tried each of the different Compile options within the Project Painter (DLL, non-DLL, optimized for speed, optimized for space, not optimized,etc.), but nothing seems to change the performance. I might note that there is only one library (pbl). The performance has nothing to do with any outside database operations. It has only to do with PowerBuilder code. Can someone offer me any suggestions? Currenty I am ...

Display date in PowerBuilder using regional settings date(Thai
Hi all, Need help on how to display date in PowerBuilder with an editmask following the date format in the regional settings. We have a client using buddhist calendar and should display the year as 2552 if 2009 is the year. Problem is, even if I use [date][time] edit mask, PB still displays the date as 25/02/2009 wherein it should be 25/02/2009. Thank you in advance, please help, its urgent. Willie This solution was posted to Experts Exchange by Vikas Dixit (so I cannot take credit) Although this was not specific for the Thai Calendar, it may provide the tools you need to ge...

Deploying powerbuilder application as .NET web application
Hi when I deploy Client/Server PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any bug messages. Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed. Any information is appreciated. If this question has to do with PB 11 WebForm deploys, you want to post it in the sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webform section. This section is for DataWindow.Net, a different product. On 29 Jul 2008 05:32:55 -0700, Raju Gol...

migrating a powerbuilder application to a VB.Net application
I want to migrate an application built with powerbuilder to a VB.Net application. Someone is supposed to work on that application but the person can only work in the VB.Net environment.So i want to find out if there is a way of migrating my powerbuilder application to VB.Net Wrong newsgroup :-) <bernard>; <ghana> wrote in message news:46c6f6a8.1595.1681692777@sybase.com... >I want to migrate an application built with powerbuilder to > a VB.Net application. Someone is supposed to work on that > application but the person can only work in the VB.Net > envir...

OLE Application icons shown within a PowerBuilder application
Does anyone know how I can show the icon associated to an application that will be launched with a double click on a PB control? We are trying to offer the capability of attaching files in a PowerBuilder application and have been succesful on having the files stored in the database and from within PB launch the application, for example MS Word, Excel, etc. However, we would like to present the icon associated to the application that will be launched and don�t know how to do it. How can we do it? Any help, any idea will be appreciated. Thanks in advance ...

Web resources about - Is there a way to determine the date my PowerBuilder application was last compiled? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles