Is there a problem with the function Trim on PB 6.5?

Is there a problem with the function Trim on PB 6.5?

0
Brian

Brian,

What are the symptoms that lead you to this conclusion?

Roy

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:02:15 -0500,
Brian Haake <Brian.Haake@World-Color.com> wrote:
>Is there a problem with the function Trim on PB 6.5?

Roy Kiesler
Software Engineer
Logica Inc.
mailto://kieslerr@logica.com
0
Roy
9/18/1998 2:03:10 PM
I was trying to use Trim and later LeftTrim to trim a string.  The string
was local that I had set to a value from a column in a datawindow.  Neither
of the two functions seemed to work.

I also tried the PFC of_trim function.  I assume it also use Trim and it did
not work either.

I have now replaced Trim with a for loop that removes the spaces.

Roy Kiesler wrote in message ...
>Brian,
>
>What are the symptoms that lead you to this conclusion?
>
>Roy
>Brian Haake wrote:
>>Is there a problem with the function Trim on PB 6.5?

0
Brian
9/18/1998 3:47:33 PM
    Could you post the code where you use the trim function?

Tiffany D Tishinski

Brian Haake wrote:

> I was trying to use Trim and later LeftTrim to trim a string.  The string
> was local that I had set to a value from a column in a datawindow.  Neither
> of the two functions seemed to work.
>
> I also tried the PFC of_trim function.  I assume it also use Trim and it did
> not work either.
>
> I have now replaced Trim with a for loop that removes the spaces.
>
> Roy Kiesler wrote in message ...
> >Brian,
> >
> >What are the symptoms that lead you to this conclusion?
> >
> >Roy
> >Brian Haake wrote:
> >>Is there a problem with the function Trim on PB 6.5?

Works absolutely fine for me...
Check for Nulls my friend (hint - read help), don't write any loops :-))

0
Philip