Is the latest Powerbuilder 7.02 certified with windows 2000?

0
Peter

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 01:12:53 -0800, Peter Kellner <peter@kellner.com>
wrote:

> Is the latest Powerbuilder 7.02 certified with windows 2000?

I heard Sybase was waiting for official release to place the final w2k
stamp of approval.  Since that happened yesterday, I don't think 7.02
is officially w2k certified.

--
  Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
  mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com

  Vote for your favorite tools!
  http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2000/

 Mine are:
   - Sybase Enterprise Application Server
   - PowerJ
   - Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere
   - Power Designer V7
0
Boris
2/18/2000 2:10:08 PM
Sybase is actually in a marketing meeting trying to figure out their
strategy on another code base for Windows 2000.  Their latest 7.0.2 split
from 7.0.1 was such an incredibly stupid idea that they want to top that.

We are really enjoying retesting and finding new problems in 7.0.2.  I'm
really enjoying the waste of time.  We now have 8014 for Sybase support.
That's supposed to join the code bases back together again.

Sorry Sybase, but you folks are complete knuckleheads on this one.  Whoever
has this idea should be fired.  (And nice job on the 7.0.2 install mess)

"Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]" <NOSPAM_bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com> wrote in
message news:=VGtOCM6DL8ydxj+GCcmWql0c8tr@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 01:12:53 -0800, Peter Kellner <peter@kellner.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Is the latest Powerbuilder 7.02 certified with windows 2000?
>
> I heard Sybase was waiting for official release to place the final w2k
> stamp of approval.  Since that happened yesterday, I don't think 7.02
> is officially w2k certified.
>

> --
>   Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
>   mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com
>
>   Vote for your favorite tools!
>   http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2000/
>
>  Mine are:
>    - Sybase Enterprise Application Server
>    - PowerJ
>    - Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere
>    - Power Designer V7

Windows 2000 with PowerBuilder 7.02 printing on HP8150
My question involves Windows 2000 with PowerBuilder 7.02 printing letters and reports on an HP8150 printer. The printer appears to work correctly on my users network for other jobs other than PowerBuilder but fails when our PowerBuilder application prints its jobs. The customer applied an old driver to get the printing to work better but wants the latest drivers installed for the latest features on the HP8150 printer. Any thoughts in this matter?? Thanks for checking! A.O. ...

Powerbuilder 7 on Windows 2000?
We are trying to run a powerbuilder application on Windows 2000 Server running windows terminal services. When the application starts we get the error Null Object Reference for the instantiation of pfc_app_manager. This exact same executable runs fine on Windows NT and Windows 98. Note..we are running Powerbuilder 7.02 build 8033. Thanks George It sounds like it can't find all the pbd's in your library path. Make sure all your pbd's are accounted for and in the same directory as the exe. Regards, John Olson [TeamSybase] Developower, Inc. www.developower.c...

Powerbuilder 7 and Windows 2000
I am trying to find official documentation on the Sybase web site as to which version of Powerbuilder will work with Windows 2000, without any luck. Does anyone know where such information can be found? Thanks I believe PB v7.04 and PB 8.0 support Windows 2000. "Ann Lyman" <ann_lyman@amsinc.com> wrote in message news:XkJLPHz#AHA.85@forums.sybase.com... > I am trying to find official documentation on the Sybase web site as to > which version of Powerbuilder will work with Windows 2000, without any luck. > Does anyone know where such information can be...

PowerBuilder 7.0 and Windows 2000
Is PowerBuilder 7.0 Windows 2000 compliant? Thank you! LPG Please post to the relevant powerbuilder.xxx forum. This is an easerver forum for PB developers. thanks, Bill PS. PB7.03 is certified for Win2K LPG wrote: > Is PowerBuilder 7.0 Windows 2000 compliant? > > Thank you! > > LPG -- Bill Green[TeamSybase] ----------------------------------------------------------- Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2001/ Good Links to know, good places to go: Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often ...

powerbuilder 7.0 and Windows 2000
I have loaded an application that is written in PB 7.0 to a laptop with Windows 2000 and am having strange problems. This same application is loaded on multiple desktop PCs (all with Windows 95 or 98) and works fine. The main problem is an Application error that comes up frequently in different parts of the application ( "The Instruction at "0x77e2bf4b" referenced at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read"). This immediately terminates the program. Do you think that PowerBuilder 7.0 is not compatable with Windows 2000?? Thanks Sue Officiall...

PB 6.5 on Windows 2000 (PowerBuilder ODBC Windows 2000)
Hi. One of our developers recently installed pb 6.5.1 on a new w2k machine. Here's what he reported: "The database looks fine, complete with all of the tables, but when I bring up any table it says 'This table has no columns and no data'. This happens with both Sybase and Oracle. Thus I cannot save any new code changes in PowerBuilder - this prevents me from doing everything. I don't know how to get past this except for reinstalling PowerBuilder from scratch, complete with the ODBC drivers." I'm running pb 6.5.1 on my w2k machine without proble...

Powerbuilder 7.0.2 and Windows 2000
We use (we haven't developed it) a database application (Oracle 8i) which was developed and last compiled on Powerbuilder 7.0.2 (intended to run on Windows NT 4) Now we plan to upgrade to Windows 2000 and are not sure about any problems; a test installation didn't show any problems. On the other hand Sybase claims on multiple occasions that Version 7.0.3 is fully Windows 2000 compliant. Now what exactly are the issues with 7.0.2 on Windows 2000. I couldn't find any detailed information on the Sybase homepage, in the release documents for 7.0.3 or in this newsgroup. T...

PowerBuilder 7.03 and Windows 2000 SP4
Was PowerBuilder 7.03 ever certified against Windows 2000 Service Pack 4? If not what was the latest Windows 2000 Service Pack that PowerBuilder 7.03 was tested against? Until we moved to PB9, that was the configuration that we deployed with and had no issues. Alex <Ted> wrote in message news:4149efaa.300b.1681692777@sybase.com... > Was PowerBuilder 7.03 ever certified against Windows 2000 > Service Pack 4? If not what was the latest Windows 2000 > Service Pack that PowerBuilder 7.03 was tested against? ...

Powerbuilder 7.02 and MS SQLServer 2000
We are looking at migrating current powerbuilder 6.51 applications to Powerbuilder 7.0.2 (7.0.2 due to version compatibility to a 3rd party software package that will be migrated at the same time) In addition to the Powerbuilder migration, there is the possible move from Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to SQL Server 2000. My question is, are there native SQL Server 2000 database drivers, will the SQL Server 7.0 drivers handle the database connection, or is there another solution I'm overlooking. I've looked through the news groups, and seen many mixed feelings regarding ...

IS Powerbuilder 7.03 Certified with Windows XP Proffesional
Hi Guys, Is Powerbuilder version 7.03 or Version 8.0 is a Certified (or compatible) with Windows XP Pro. I want to know, since i want to install into my computer??? Thanks and Regards, VJ Compatible - yes. Certified - No. See http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1018633 for more details. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase -- http://www.sybase.com/mysybase <Vijay_Gopal> wrote in message news:CF19EC7AEA2449230068B15485256BCF.0068B16685256BCF@webforums... > Hi Guys, > > Is Powerbuilder version 7.03 or Version 8.0 is a Certified (or comp...

Urgent: (Repost) Powerbuilder 7.0.2 on Windows 2000
Sorry for this repost but I feared it would be lost otherwise: We use (we haven't developed it) a database application (Oracle 8i) which was developed and last compiled on Powerbuilder 7.0.2 (intended to run on Windows NT 4) Now we plan to upgrade to Windows 2000 and are not sure about any problems; a test installation didn't show any problems. On the other hand Sybase claims on multiple occasions that Version 7.0.3 is fully Windows 2000 compliant. Now what exactly are the issues with 7.0.2 on Windows 2000. I couldn't find any detailed information on the Sybase ...

Windows 2000 PowerBuilder 7.0 deployment and EAServer 4.1 on UNIX
Has anyone successfully deployed a PowerBuilder 7.0 application using EAServer 4.1 on a Unix/Solaris platform and a Windows 2000 platform for the client? I am having difficulty with blobs and resultsets being correctly handled and properly returned from Unix to Windows. If in fact this is a Sybase issue, how does one escalate? The problems I was encountering went away once I upgraded the PowerBuiler on the development machine to Version 7.0.3 build 10135 to match the PB VM 7.0 on EAServer 4.1. ...

Powerbuilder & 7.0, 7.01 build 7027, 7.02 build xxxx y sigue
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01BF792A.2CDB2550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Me gustaria saber cual es el mejor metodo para conseguir la ultima = version disponible por Sybase.=20 Hasta ahora aparte de un contrato de mantenimiento que teniamos con = Sybase (UPS) y que actualizaba la version cada 6 meses y debido a la = cantidad de Bug's que han aparecido repentinamente en la 7.0 (despues de = una muy estable 6.5) no teniamos otro metodo para actualizar versiones...

PowerBuilder 7 on Windows ME?
Hi All: Could I use PowerBuilder 7.0.2 on Windows ME platform? Thanks Anthony Chen I've used it in Win ME and now i'm using 7.0.3., since the upgrade it gives less protection faults. "AnthonyChen" <anthonychen@mpinfo.com.tw> escreveu na mensagem news:PyLJSPKcAHA.216@forums.sybase.com... > Hi All: > Could I use PowerBuilder 7.0.2 on Windows ME platform? > > Thanks > > Anthony Chen > > > >...

Web resources about - Is the latest Powerbuilder 7.02 certified with windows 2000? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles