Is DataWindow 2.5 in Dw.Net is same as DataWindow in PB11.2

Hi there ,
Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ?
Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ????
How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future
releases of PB...
Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ?

Regards , Van

0
Van
5/9/2008 3:44:11 AM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.general
📃 62418 articles.
⭐ 19 followers.

💬 5 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1666 Views

 I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase
 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008
 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows
 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows
All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as
Datawindow properties / events / functionality / behaviour is concened ??
Regards , Van
"Van" <Vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi there ,
>
> Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ?
>
> Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ????
> How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future
> releases of PB...
>
> Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ?
>

> Regards , Van

0
Van
5/9/2008 3:48:54 AM
Not speaking officially, since I don't work for Sybase so I can't, but
features that appear in one version (e.g., remembering retrieval
arguments which first showed up in PocketBuilder) eventually show up
in the other two products.  They've each got their own independant
development timelines though.  So what may show up in a Maintenance
Release for one product might be included in the next Major Release
for another, or visa-versa.
On 8 May 2008 20:48:54 -0700, "Van" <Vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase
> 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008
> 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows
> 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows
>
>All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as
>Datawindow properties / events / functionality / behaviour is concened ??
>
>Regards , Van
>
>"Van" <Vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi there ,
>>
>> Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ?
>>
>> Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ????
>> How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future
>> releases of PB...
>>
>> Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ?
>>

>> Regards , Van

0
Bruce
5/9/2008 4:41:38 AM
Yeah  , Sybase can confirm that. who will become rich very soon by selling
old tasty wine in a new bottle.
Good on us!!  : )
Thanks Bruce for your comments
Regards, Van
"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:ibl724pquaobvredcl87d9uu4hccoesfa3@4ax.com...

> Not speaking officially, since I don't work for Sybase so I can't, but
> features that appear in one version (e.g., remembering retrieval
> arguments which first showed up in PocketBuilder) eventually show up
> in the other two products.  They've each got their own independant
> development timelines though.  So what may show up in a Maintenance
> Release for one product might be included in the next Major Release
> for another, or visa-versa.
>
> On 8 May 2008 20:48:54 -0700, "Van" <Vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase
>> 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008
>> 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows
>> 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows
>>
>>All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as
>>Datawindow properties / events / functionality / behaviour is concened ??
>>
>>Regards , Van
>>
>>"Van" <Vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi there ,
>>>
>>> Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ?
>>>
>>> Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ????
>>> How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and
>>> future
>>> releases of PB...
>>>
>>> Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ?
>>>

>>> Regards , Van

0
Van
5/9/2008 6:31:23 AM
DataWindow .NET 2.5 uses the same DataWindow functionality found in
PowerBuilder 11.0. I think we will have a 2.6 update available later
this year that will contain the DataWindow enhancements being added to
PowerBuilder 11.5. It will also support the DataWindow Designer plugin
in Visual Studio 2008.
DataWindow .NET 3.0 will introduce the WPF DataWindow being developed
for PowerBuilder 12.
Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase
PowerBuilder Blog:
http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/
On 8 May 2008 20:44:11 -0700, "Van" <Vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hi there ,
>
>Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ?
>
>Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ????
>How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future
>releases of PB...
>
>Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ?
>

>Regards , Van

0
Dave
5/11/2008 3:04:10 PM
Noted with thanks..
Regards , Van
"Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <n0Spam__dfish@sybase.com> wrote in message
> DataWindow .NET 2.5 uses the same DataWindow functionality found in
> PowerBuilder 11.0. I think we will have a 2.6 update available later
> this year that will contain the DataWindow enhancements being added to
> PowerBuilder 11.5. It will also support the DataWindow Designer plugin
> in Visual Studio 2008.
>
> DataWindow .NET 3.0 will introduce the WPF DataWindow being developed
> for PowerBuilder 12.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> PowerBuilder Blog:
> http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/
>
> On 8 May 2008 20:44:11 -0700, "Van" <Vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi there ,
>>
>>Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ?
>>
>>Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ????
>>How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future
>>releases of PB...
>>
>>Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ?
>>

>>Regards , Van

0
Van