Interface Object in PowerBuilder

Dear All:

Is it possible to create an Interface Object in PowerBuilder? Any assistance
with this request is deeply
appreciated.

Nick Hsu

0
nick

Yes and no.
It has been asked on future-discussion forum, and i asked for it in caseXpress.

But read article from Roland M�hlberger, "Using Interfaces with PowerBuilder".
http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/ Volume: 09 Issue: 11

You can get source code for free, but you need to pay to read article.
This article used to be on http://www.romu.com/

You can read it using google's cache.

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:18:59 +0800,

--
Olivier Citeau from Paris, France
Olivier

Nick Hsu

"Olivier" <ociteau-NOCANSPAM@yahoo.fr> ??? news:Ot3HqHiDDHA.293@forums-1-dub
???...
> Yes and no.
> It has been asked on future-discussion forum, and i asked for it in
caseXpress.

> But read article from Roland M�hlberger, "Using Interfaces with
PowerBuilder".
> http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/ Volume: 09 Issue: 11
>
> You can get source code for free, but you need to pay to read article.
> This article used to be on http://www.romu.com/
>
> You can read it using google's cache.
>
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:18:59 +0800,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> nick <nickcool@ms17.hinet.net> wrote:
> >Dear All:
> >
> >Is it possible to create an Interface Object in PowerBuilder? Any
assistance
> >with this request is deeply
> >appreciated.
> >
> >Nick Hsu
> >

> --
> Olivier Citeau from Paris, France

nick
4/29/2003 9:05:41 AM
Create a new standard visual object and choose olecontrol as the type.  On
the next window click the Insert Control tab and scroll down the list until
you find the one you are looking for.  Click the OK button to create.

Roland
--
Home of PBSearch
http://www.topwizprogramming.com/

"nick" <nickcool@ms17.hinet.net> wrote in message
> I mean 'OLEObject Interface', Thank you very much!
>
> Nick Hsu
>
> "Olivier" <ociteau-NOCANSPAM@yahoo.fr> ???
> ???...
> > Yes and no.
> > It has been asked on future-discussion forum, and i asked for it in
> caseXpress.
> >
> > But read article from Roland M�hlberger, "Using Interfaces with
> PowerBuilder".
> > http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/ Volume: 09 Issue: 11
> >
> > You can get source code for free, but you need to pay to read article.
> > This article used to be on http://www.romu.com/
> >
> > You can read it using google's cache.
> >
> > On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:18:59 +0800,
> >  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> > nick <nickcool@ms17.hinet.net> wrote:
> > >Dear All:
> > >
> > >Is it possible to create an Interface Object in PowerBuilder? Any
> assistance
> > >with this request is deeply
> > >appreciated.
> > >
> > >Nick Hsu
> > >

> > --
> > Olivier Citeau from Paris, France

Roland
4/29/2003 12:02:22 PM
I mean 'OLEObject Interface', that's register as HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface

Thank you very much!

Nick Hsu

"Roland Smith" <rsmith@cvps.com> �b�l�� news:eEsk5fkDDHA.81@forums-2-dub ��
���g...
> Create a new standard visual object and choose olecontrol as the type.  On
> the next window click the Insert Control tab and scroll down the list
until
> you find the one you are looking for.  Click the OK button to create.
>
> Roland
> --
> Home of PBSearch
> http://www.topwizprogramming.com/
>

> "nick" <nickcool@ms17.hinet.net> wrote in message
> > I mean 'OLEObject Interface', Thank you very much!
> >
> > Nick Hsu
> >
> > "Olivier" <ociteau-NOCANSPAM@yahoo.fr> ???
> > ???...
> > > Yes and no.
> > > It has been asked on future-discussion forum, and i asked for it in
> > caseXpress.
> > >
> > > But read article from Roland M�hlberger, "Using Interfaces with
> > PowerBuilder".
> > > http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/ Volume: 09 Issue: 11
> > >
> > > You can get source code for free, but you need to pay to read article.
> > > This article used to be on http://www.romu.com/
> > >
> > > You can read it using google's cache.
> > >
> > > On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:18:59 +0800,
> > >  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general

> > assistance

> > > --
> > > Olivier Citeau from Paris, France

nick

Does powerbuilder support multiple interface com object?
Greetings, Anybody has any idea on this one? Is there any workaround for that? We need to interface our existing PB application developed on PB 7.03, win 2000 with GIS com object.. But the problem how to get the interface other than Idispatch in PB. Thanks Raman Chawla ...

Does powerbuilder support multiple interface com object?
Greetings, Anybody has any idea on this one? Is there any workaround for that? We need to interface our existing PB application developed on PB 7.03, win 2000 with GIS com object.. But the problem how to get the interface other than Idispatch in PB. Thanks Raman Chawla ...

Does powerbuilder support multiple interface com object?
Greetings, Anybody has any idea on this one? Is there any workaround for that? We need to interface our existing PB application developed on PB 7.03, win 2000 with GIS com object.. But the problem how to get the interface other than Idispatch in PB. Thanks Raman Chawla AFAIK - it doesn't. Just to be sure, have a look at the component properties via the OLE tab on the PB object browser -- do you see any of the methods exposed by the 2nd interface? If not, the workaround would be to use a wrapper COM object that exposes all functionality through a single inte...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Interface In Powerbuilder
Dear All, I would like to apply OO design pattern concept into PB my application. However, I found there are no interface feature in PB/PowerScript. (For term "interface", I mean that user should use implements key word in java. e.g. public class Lion implements Predator ) Any way to implement interface in PB? Any reference material available? (I cannot find in PB manual) Thank You! Antony Roland M�hlberger is the autor of two essays published in PBDJ back in the days of PowerBuilder 8 or 9 (i am not sure about the version) you can find Part 1 in volume...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

powerbuilder com object vs pocketbuilder .... object
Our powerbuilder application is sending information to a feeding machine by calling a com object. Our program now runs on a mobile device. The software is written with pocketbuilder 2.04. Now we would also like to have the connection with this feeding machine. I talked to the supplier of the feeding machine. He told me that the com object was written in Visual studio C. The simplest solution for them would be to create a .Net object. Is this the way to go? Thanks Eric Up on CodeXChange we have a handful of "adapter" layers (sometimes called "shims&quo...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
From: "Chris Fauvel" <chris_fauvel@fintech.net> Subject: Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript?? Date: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 2:33 PM I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Use the C...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris hi, I'v tested it yet, i couldn't use it with the global/local external functions declarations method. It could be that some components need to be initialized first and global/local e...

PowerDesigner to PowerBuilder interface
Column check parameters- If the "List of Values" from the column check parameters are used in PowerDesigner, these carry through to database level validation. Is there a way to generate a column specific error message instead of the generic validation error message? Are the values entered through "List of Values" from the column check parameters in PowerDesigner, visible to the developer in PowerBuilder? If so, where? Extended Attributes Should the attribute definition file, powerpp.exa, contain default settings for the object type "business rule"?...

Interfacing Powerbuilder with Alchemy
Alchemy is a Report Archiving and Retrieval System that accepts reports from a client system and archives them. We would like to interface Powerbuilder 6.5 with Alchemy. Our problem is that Alchemy only accepts ASCII data. We are in the habit of saving our reports as PSR files which Alchemy can obviously not recognise. We prefer the PSR format because it preserves all the data as well as all datawindow formatting and graphics (bitmaps, etc). No other SaveAs() format does this to our knowledge. Has anybody out there used Alchemy with Powerbuilder? If yes, how? The broader more ...

Web resources about - Interface Object in PowerBuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles