Initial cursor position in datawindow from PB 7 to PB 9

We noticed that in the PB 7 version of our product, when the cursor is
placed in an empty field on on a datawindow, the cursor is offset a little
bit from the left side of the field, so there is some blank space between
the left side of the field the the first character in the field.  In the PB
9 version of the same product, the cursor is crammed all the way to the left
side of the field with little/if any blank space between the left side of
the field and the first characer.
Our customers have complained that it is hard to locate the cursor in the PB
9 version, since the cursor is all the way to the left side of the field.
I found a newgroup posting about this with PB and NT, caused by a font
update in Office or a problem with user32.dll dated Nov 7, 2000.
I am running XP SP1, PB 9.0.1, Build 7151, and Office 2000.
I can run both the PB 9 and PB 7 versions of the product on my PC and the PB
7 version does not cram the cursor to the left side of the dw field.  I also
tested the PB 9 version on a W2K both without Office and the cursor is all
the way to the left.
Any fixes or ideas to try?
TIA
Paul Watje