Initial cursor position in datawindow from PB 7 to PB 9

We noticed that in the PB 7 version of our product, when the cursor is
placed in an empty field on on a datawindow, the cursor is offset a little
bit from the left side of the field, so there is some blank space between
the left side of the field the the first character in the field.  In the PB
9 version of the same product, the cursor is crammed all the way to the left
side of the field with little/if any blank space between the left side of
the field and the first characer.

Our customers have complained that it is hard to locate the cursor in the PB
9 version, since the cursor is all the way to the left side of the field.

I found a newgroup posting about this with PB and NT, caused by a font
update in Office or a problem with user32.dll dated Nov 7, 2000.

I am running XP SP1, PB 9.0.1, Build 7151, and Office 2000.

I can run both the PB 9 and PB 7 versions of the product on my PC and the PB
7 version does not cram the cursor to the left side of the dw field.  I also
tested the PB 9 version on a W2K both without Office and the cursor is all
the way to the left.

Any fixes or ideas to try?

TIA

Paul Watje

0
Paul

Datawindow problems when migrating from PB 7.03 to PB 9
We are using PB 7.03 with MSSQL 2000 We are currently doing some tests prior migrating all our applications. I successfully migrate one application but at the run time some reports (datawindow) show me erronous information. We found that the datawindows that are not working correctly contains some outer joins and 3 or more tables (If a dw have only 2 tables with some outer joins, it's working fine) In PB 9 when we create datawindows with outer joins, PB put them in the FROM section of the SQL. In PB 7 it put them in the WHERE section. I think I will need to change t...

Migration from PB 7 to PB 9
We have been using PB 7 for quite some time. Lately one of our larger databases has been getting 'out of memory' errors during a retrieve a data window in our current application. Would upgrading to PB 9 prevent this? In addition, does PB 9 increase response times via ODBC (sql server) v. PB 7? Many thanks. Joe; Make sure that the application's client machine is really running out of memory. May be it's referring to "Out of System Resources". What version of MS-Windows are you using? If you are running out of memory, it may also be due to a low O/...

PB 7 + PFC + Cornerstone to PB 9
I just inherited the support for an application which was written with PowerBuilder 7.0.3 with Cornerstone 7. The application doesn't make extensive use of Cornerstone, but does use extensive inheriting of Windows, Datawindows, etc from the PFC (and thus from Cornerstone) We would like to remove the Cornerstone libraries and migrate the Application to PB9 (with PFC 9). This may be quite a bit of work. What I'd like to know is how different is the PFC from 7 to 9 and could we get away with just keeping the existing framework and still have full fuctionality of our applicati...

SyntaxFromSQL change from PB 7 and PB 9
I noticed that the syntax for column names has changed. Powerbuilder V7 the column name was note_id. Powerbuilder V9 the column name is user_notes_note_id. My application now gets an invalid row/column. Is there any to get the SyntaxFromSQL to not add the table name to the column name? PB 9 =========== release 9; datawindow(units=0 timer_interval=0 color=1073741824 processing=1 print.margin.bottom=96 print.margin.left=110 print.margin.right=110 print.margin.top=96 print.preview.buttons=no ) table( column=(type=long identity=yes updatewhereclause = yes...

PB 7.0.3 to PB 9.x
We have two web applications using web.pb developed in 7.0.3 and using ASE 12.5.x db. Right now it's running on Win NT. We already have our app in nvo's. We tried running one of the applications in Win2000 and we ran into memory errors. We are not sure if it's a case of incompatibility of pb and win2000. If anybody out there has experienced the same scenario, we would really appreciate any info. Anyway, if we have to migrate to a newer ver of pb like 9.x we would like to know if there is an alternative to using EASERVER? Anything, cheaper or free would be great? (is ...

PB 9 or PB 9.01
We have an old PB 6.5 app that we want to (finally) migrate to PB 9. Should we go to PB 9.00 or PB 9.01 (which seems to generate a fair number of GPFs from some of the posts we've seen).' Which of the 2 versions of PB 9 are more stable in your opinion? We don't need the new features that much, for us stability is the #1 issue. Frankly speaking, we'd keep it on 6.5 if we could, but that old IDE is so unusable by today's standards that we finally decided to make the jump to version 9. thanks in advance, John Hey John, Stability really depends on your...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

PB 7 vs PB 6 & PB 5
We have a large application, compiled with PB 5.04, running at about 20 client sites. Generally speaking, if a PB 5.04 app is compiled with PB 7, what changes can the developer expect in app performance and memory usage? Thank you, st I'm assuming that 5.04 app is a 16 bit app. With PB7, you're going to be compiling 32bit apps. There are issues associated with that (I don't know if you are calling 16 bit functions or not). The files will generally be much larger. I haven't seen much myself that noticable as far as memory or performance issues though. O...

Reverse Engineer a PB 7.0 datawindow towards PB 6.5
Hi All, Does anyone have any information on how to reverse engineer a PB 7.0 datawindow-object towards PB 6.5 ??? I tried Export-Change Release Version-Import, but that doesn't seem enough. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Bart Thans Ministerie van Middenstand en Landbouw - WTC III Dienst Informatica - DG3 Simon Bolivarlaan 30 1000 Brussel +32 (0)2 208 53 51 Bart.Thans@cmlag.fgov.be You have to take out the entries for the HTML datawindow generation from the 7.0 export file. --- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) ...

Powerbuilder Upgrade Issues (PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1)
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

Registryget function returning different value in PB 7 vs. PB 9
Heres the deal. We have an application that gets installed via InstallShield. It does a lot of stuff. One of the things it does is adds a couple of registry values. When I run the PB 7 code thru the debugger, the following code returns a 1 and life is good. RegistryGet ( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle\ALL_HOMES", "LAST_HOME", RegString!, ls_idx) BUT, when I run the same code thru the debugger in PB 9 it returns -1...life is not good. Why? Thanks! -KElly I run the same code in PB7 and PB9 and everything works as expected. What happens whe...

PB 9.03 vs PB 9.02
What is better to use for already existing large client-server PB app? In terms of stability, number of unfixed serious bugs, extra features... TIA We encountered lockup problems on some reports for our application with 9.0.3. I did lots of testing but couldn't pin down the cause, and the users were getting frustrated. After a while I rolled back to 9.0.2 with EBF 7610, and this seems to be very stable. Of course, the usual disclaimers apply: your mileage may vary, etc. Pat "Andrew" <gurzuf_no_junk_@rogers.com> wrote in message news:4314fe5e@fo...

PB 8 to PB 9
Hi, We have both PB 8 and PB 9. Our program is written by PB 8, is it possible to convert it to PB 9. If yes, are there anythings which exists in PB 8 but is obsoleted in PB 9? Also, I would like to perform Spell checking function in PB 8, are there any function I can use? Thanks Lai Open a copy of it in PB9 and it will migrate it for you. There's nothing important I can remember that got depreceated in PB9. There is no build in spell check in PB8 or PB9. However there are third party controls, and you can always use OLE to talk to Word and let it do the spell ch...

Web resources about - Initial cursor position in datawindow from PB 7 to PB 9 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo