include/call (.net)-methods from own classlibrary in PowerBuilder 10.5 application

Hello

i have a classlibrary written in .net-framework - and now i must include or
call some methodes in my powerbuilder-10.5 -application.

how could i simple include this dll and his funtions ??

have anyone a clue for my problem?
many thanks in advance & best regards
Michael

Hi Michael;

  The easiest would be to migrate to PB 11.2 or higher that allows .NET
based WinForm applications built from the PB IDE to include .NET assemblies.

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"M.Erlinger"  wrote in message news:4cf8eee5$1@forums-1-dub...

Hello

i have a classlibrary written in .net-framework - and now i must include or
call some methodes in my powerbuilder-10.5 -application.

how could i simple include this dll and his funtions ??

have anyone a clue for my problem?
many thanks in advance & best regards
Michael

0
Chris
12/3/2010 3:43:19 PM
Hallo
thanks for your reply.

It's not possible to migrate, because there is no  no further development of
this application, and no investment in future Powerbuilder versions.

I thought there would be a possibility to call functions and methods of
DLL's  - in this example we have a classlibrary, written in c#/.net; and now
we need some function for work in the powerbuilder (10.5)-application.

maybe you have a clue or a help for my problem
thanks & best regards
Michael

"Chris Pollach"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4cf91017@forums-1-dub...

Hi Michael;

  The easiest would be to migrate to PB 11.2 or higher that allows .NET
based WinForm applications built from the PB IDE to include .NET assemblies.

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"M.Erlinger"  wrote in message news:4cf8eee5$1@forums-1-dub...

Hello

i have a classlibrary written in .net-framework - and now i must include or
call some methodes in my powerbuilder-10.5 -application.

how could i simple include this dll and his funtions ??

have anyone a clue for my problem?
many thanks in advance & best regards
Michael

FWIW: Not upgrading is only a matter of time before you get into trouble or
road blocks with new O/S's or .NET features that you may need to assimilate
in the future. Upgrading any development tool is more prudent IMHO.

Yes, you could create an interface DLL that brokers the .NET calls for you
in a PB 10.5 application if you are so inclined.

"M.Erlinger"  wrote in message news:4cf918a8$1@forums-1-dub...

[...]

12/3/2010 6:20:42 PM
Hello Chris

>FWIW: Not upgrading is only a matter of time before you get into trouble or
>road blocks with new O/S's or .NET features that you may need to assimilate
>in the future. Upgrading any development tool is more prudent IMHO.

Unfortunately, I can make the final decision here -  I am your opinion!!

>Yes, you could create an interface DLL that brokers the .NET calls for you
>in a PB 10.5 application if you are so inclined.

Please have you more information to this  - or maybe an example ??

Thanks for helping & best regards
Michael

Hi Chris

>FWIW: Not upgrading is only a matter of time before you get into trouble or
>road blocks with new O/S's or .NET features that you may need to assimilate
>in the future. Upgrading any development tool is more prudent IMHO.

Unfortunately, I can't make the final decision here -  I am your opinion!!

>Yes, you could create an interface DLL that brokers the .NET calls for you
>in a PB 10.5 application if you are so inclined.

Please have you more information to this  - or maybe an example ??
Thanks for helping & best regards
Michael

As with any Win32 development tool, if the assembly is COM visible, you could
call the methods through a COM callable wrapper.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f07c8z1c%28VS.71%29.aspx

If you want to access it more directly than that, you would need to use a later
version of PowerBuilder that provides directly support for referencing .Net
classes.

On 3 Dec 2010 05:21:41 -0800,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
M.Erlinger <michael.erlinger@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hello
>
>i have a classlibrary written in .net-framework - and now i must include or
>call some methodes in my powerbuilder-10.5 -application.
>
>how could i simple include this dll and his funtions ??
>

>have anyone a clue for my problem?
>many thanks in advance & best regards
>Michael

0
Bruce
12/3/2010 10:42:14 PM
Maybe someone can jump in here with an example.
I do not use any PB version <= 11.2 these days - mainly 11.5.1 currently.

"M.Erlinger"  wrote in message news:4cf94f20@forums-1-dub...

Hi Chris

>FWIW: Not upgrading is only a matter of time before you get into trouble or
>road blocks with new O/S's or .NET features that you may need to assimilate
>in the future. Upgrading any development tool is more prudent IMHO.

Unfortunately, I can't make the final decision here -  I am your opinion!!

>Yes, you could create an interface DLL that brokers the .NET calls for you
>in a PB 10.5 application if you are so inclined.

Please have you more information to this  - or maybe an example ??
Thanks for helping & best regards
Michael

0
Chris
12/4/2010 2:18:32 AM
Hello Chris

o.k. you said PB version 11.2 could work with own .NET-classes.
Please have you an example or a link to a help-information to include in a
powerbuilder application own .Net-classes/own .net-references / dll's....??

Thank's again & best regards
Michael

"Chris Pollach"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4cf9a4f8$1@forums-1-dub...

Maybe someone can jump in here with an example.
I do not use any PB version <= 11.2 these days - mainly 11.5.1 currently.

"M.Erlinger"  wrote in message news:4cf94f20@forums-1-dub...

Hi Chris

>FWIW: Not upgrading is only a matter of time before you get into trouble or
>road blocks with new O/S's or .NET features that you may need to assimilate
>in the future. Upgrading any development tool is more prudent IMHO.

Unfortunately, I can't make the final decision here -  I am your opinion!!

>Yes, you could create an interface DLL that brokers the .NET calls for you
>in a PB 10.5 application if you are so inclined.

Please have you more information to this  - or maybe an example ??
Thanks for helping & best regards
Michael

You control this from the WinForm target. Until you get to PB 11.x - you
will not see this feature.

"M.Erlinger"  wrote in message news:4cfcdc4c$1@forums-1-dub...

Hello Chris

o.k. you said PB version 11.2 could work with own .NET-classes.
Please have you an example or a link to a help-information to include in a
powerbuilder application own .Net-classes/own .net-references / dll's....??

Thank's again & best regards
Michael

"Chris Pollach"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4cf9a4f8$1@forums-1-dub...

Maybe someone can jump in here with an example.
I do not use any PB version <= 11.2 these days - mainly 11.5.1 currently.

"M.Erlinger"  wrote in message news:4cf94f20@forums-1-dub...

Hi Chris

>FWIW: Not upgrading is only a matter of time before you get into trouble or
>road blocks with new O/S's or .NET features that you may need to assimilate
>in the future. Upgrading any development tool is more prudent IMHO.

Unfortunately, I can't make the final decision here -  I am your opinion!!

>Yes, you could create an interface DLL that brokers the .NET calls for you
>in a PB 10.5 application if you are so inclined.

Please have you more information to this  - or maybe an example ??
Thanks for helping & best regards
Michael

0
Chris
12/6/2010 1:39:24 PM
......and in an existing application - how could i insert my function ?

"Chris Pollach"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4cfce78c$1@forums-1-dub...

You control this from the WinForm target. Until you get to PB 11.x - you
will not see this feature.

"M.Erlinger"  wrote in message news:4cfcdc4c$1@forums-1-dub...

Hello Chris

o.k. you said PB version 11.2 could work with own .NET-classes.
Please have you an example or a link to a help-information to include in a
powerbuilder application own .Net-classes/own .net-references / dll's....??

Thank's again & best regards
Michael

"Chris Pollach"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4cf9a4f8$1@forums-1-dub...

Maybe someone can jump in here with an example.
I do not use any PB version <= 11.2 these days - mainly 11.5.1 currently.

"M.Erlinger"  wrote in message news:4cf94f20@forums-1-dub...

Hi Chris

>FWIW: Not upgrading is only a matter of time before you get into trouble or
>road blocks with new O/S's or .NET features that you may need to assimilate
>in the future. Upgrading any development tool is more prudent IMHO.

Unfortunately, I can't make the final decision here -  I am your opinion!!

>Yes, you could create an interface DLL that brokers the .NET calls for you
>in a PB 10.5 application if you are so inclined.

Please have you more information to this  - or maybe an example ??
Thanks for helping & best regards
Michael

You asked about calling .Net methods from 10.5 and Chris started you on
a discussion about 11 which he doesn't mention that you have to deploy
your entire app as .Net which could be a headache and would at minimum
require a full application test by your testers.

Just follow what Bruce said.

On 12/6/2010 11:30 AM, M.Erlinger wrote:
> .....and in an existing application - how could i insert my function ?
>
> "Chris Pollach"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4cfce78c$1@forums-1-dub...
>
> You control this from the WinForm target. Until you get to PB 11.x - you
> will not see this feature.
>

> "M.Erlinger"  wrote in message news:4cfcdc4c$1@forums-1-dub...
>
> Hello Chris
>
> o.k. you said PB version 11.2 could work with own .NET-classes.
> Please have you an example or a link to a help-information to include
> in a
> powerbuilder application own .Net-classes/own .net-references /
> dll's....??
>
> Thank's again & best regards
> Michael
>
> "Chris Pollach"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4cf9a4f8$1@forums-1-dub...
>

> Maybe someone can jump in here with an example.
> I do not use any PB version <= 11.2 these days - mainly 11.5.1 currently.
>

> "M.Erlinger"  wrote in message news:4cf94f20@forums-1-dub...
>
> Hi Chris
>
>> FWIW: Not upgrading is only a matter of time before you get into
>> trouble or road blocks with new O/S's or .NET features that you may
>> need to assimilate in the future. Upgrading any development tool is
>> more prudent IMHO.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't make the final decision here -  I am your
> opinion!!
>
>> Yes, you could create an interface DLL that brokers the .NET calls
>> for you in a PB 10.5 application if you are so inclined.
>
> Please have you more information to this  - or maybe an example ??
> Thanks for helping & best regards
> Michael
0
Roland
12/6/2010 8:13:47 PM
I stated that he must create a Winform application which is a .NET based
application. Then he could include assemblies from the target perspective.

"Roland Smith [TeamSybase]"  wrote in message

You asked about calling .Net methods from 10.5 and Chris started you on
a discussion about 11 which he doesn't mention that you have to deploy
your entire app as .Net which could be a headache and would at minimum
require a full application test by your testers.

Just follow what Bruce said.

On 12/6/2010 11:30 AM, M.Erlinger wrote:
> .....and in an existing application - how could i insert my function ?
>
> "Chris Pollach"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4cfce78c$1@forums-1-dub...
>
> You control this from the WinForm target. Until you get to PB 11.x - you
> will not see this feature.
>

> "M.Erlinger"  wrote in message news:4cfcdc4c$1@forums-1-dub...
>
> Hello Chris
>
> o.k. you said PB version 11.2 could work with own .NET-classes.
> Please have you an example or a link to a help-information to include in a
> powerbuilder application own .Net-classes/own .net-references /
> dll's....??
>
> Thank's again & best regards
> Michael
>
> "Chris Pollach"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4cf9a4f8$1@forums-1-dub...
>

> Maybe someone can jump in here with an example.
> I do not use any PB version <= 11.2 these days - mainly 11.5.1 currently.
>

> "M.Erlinger"  wrote in message news:4cf94f20@forums-1-dub...
>
> Hi Chris
>
>> FWIW: Not upgrading is only a matter of time before you get into trouble
>> or road blocks with new O/S's or .NET features that you may need to
>> assimilate in the future. Upgrading any development tool is more prudent
>> IMHO.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't make the final decision here -  I am your opinion!!
>
>> Yes, you could create an interface DLL that brokers the .NET calls for
>> you in a PB 10.5 application if you are so inclined.
>
> Please have you more information to this  - or maybe an example ??
> Thanks for helping & best regards
> Michael

0
Chris

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

How to call AJAX function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application?
Dear All, I would like to know if it is possible (if yes then how) to call AJAX function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application. Any pointer or information is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Jessica The first thing you need to do is install the AJAX Extensions for ASP.Net. They can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca9d90fa-e8c9-42e3-aa19-08e2c027f5d6&displaylang=en You write a client-side JavaScript event handler - say myScriptFile.js. Then, in the PowerBuilder ...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

Calling VB.Net Method from PowerBuilder
I am having a problem calling a VB.Net method (written in the .NET (1.1) framework) from PowerBuilder version 9.0.1. Build 7096. Here is the VB.NET information: NameSpace: LdapAuthentication Class: LdapAuthentication Method: IsAuthenticated(domain,username,password) DLL: LdapAuthentication.dll I used the Regasm exe to register the DLL/Class and create the tlb. I did this as (regasm LdapAuthentication.dll /tlb: ldapauthentication.tlb) and it appears to have been successful. I have a simple window with a command button on it. Within this window, my code looks like this: ...

PowerBuilder 10.5 ASP.NET
Dear all, Is their any startup example let me do with Powerbuilder 10.5 a ASP.NET web application -- Osama Diab ...

Calling a C# (.NET) Method from PowerBuilder
Hello. I am looking for direction in regards to calling a C# module (written in the .NET (1.1) framework) from PowerBuilder. Here is the C#.NET information: NameSpace: DiscountLibrary Class: QS Method: CalculateQS() DLL: DiscountLibrary.dll From another message I found on this board, it suggested using the Regasm program to register the DLL/Class. I did this (regasm DiscountLibrary.dll) and it would appear to be successful (at least the reply told me that it was registered successfully). I am using PowerBuilder version 9.0.2. I have a simple window with a ...

ADO.Net in Powerbuilder 10.5.1
I find the problems in deploying the PB application which connect to MSSQL 2005 by using ADO.Net The Namespace is using "System.Data.SqlClient" In development environment, I can run the program either in Powerbuider or by the execution file. After I compile the program and deploy to the client machine, I got the error message when I run the application "Assembly Sybase.PowerBuilder.DB not found" Then I copy 2 files (Sybase.Powerbuilder.DB.DLL and Sybase.Powerbuider.DBExt.DLL) to the same folder of the execution file. Then I got the another error message &qu...

[...]

WebService in PowerBuilder 10.5.2-application
hello is it possible to use webService in PowerBuilder 10.5.2 ?? if yes - how ? - have anyone a small sample-application/demo ? many thanks for any information regards - Michael This is written with 11.5, but the .NET web services engine exists in 10.5.2, so it should work there as well. http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/?p=163 -- Paul Horan[Sybase] http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/ "M.Erlinger" <michael.erlinger@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4b7d7b33$1@forums-1-dub... > hello > is it possible to use webService in PowerBuilder 10.5.2 ?? > if y...

Calling C# .Net dll From Powerbuilder 10.0
I am in a major time crunch here and really need some HELP!! I am calling a LDAP class for user authentication from Powerbuilder. When I run it from my PC everything works fine, of course because I'm doing all of the development. When I run it from a PC that does not have PB or .Net framework loaded the PB application can not create the object. Please tell me that I don't need the .Net Framework loaded on all of the user's PC's?? They are running the PB application from a Network share. The create object is return -3. Any help is much appreciated. This is my code: ...

PowerBuilder 10.5 With Oracle Real Application Clusters
Hi Everybody I have some problems with my application, previously I worked with Oracle 10g and I didn't have problems, but the company changed to Oracle 10g with Real Application Clusters (RAC) and I have had some problems, the more critical, is that in some cases the data doesn't insert/update in the databases and the SQLCA object doesn't report any error message, do you have some comments about this? That is strange. We have used PB 10.5 with RAC on Oracle 9i with no issues. What driver are you using? Also, how is your TNSNames file set up with regard to RAC (f...

Web resources about - include/call (.net)-methods from own classlibrary in PowerBuilder 10.5 application - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Ruby - zenspider.com by ryan davis
Ruby facts, opinions, source code, links, and stuff.

SharpLZW - Free software downloads at SourceForge.net
ClassLibrary for encoding and decoding files using LZW compression algorithm. The base for the compression is the default ANSI table.

prototypes vs classes was: Re: Sun's HotSpot
Folks Just a gentle reminder that I took some pains at the last OOPSLA to try toremind everyone that Smalltalk is not only NOT its syntax or ...