importing an excel file into a datawindow

hello everybody
    I am trying to import an excel file into a datawindow(like a text file).
Is there any method or work around to achieve this.

An alternate which i thought was using oleobject, opening the excel file and
using SaveAs to save into a text file for import into a datawindow.for this
I can't find any method to open an excel file through OLEOBJECT.

Thank in advance
Magesh Babu.V

0
ewak

This script will open a particular excel file

// Create the oleobject variable xlapp
xlApp = Create OLEObject

// Connect to Excel and check the return code
ret = xlApp.ConnectToNewObject( "Excel.Sheet" )
if ret < 0  then
 MessageBox("Connect to Excel Failed !",string(ret))
    return
end if
xlApp.Application.Workbooks.Open(ls_path)

"ewak" <ewak@vsnl.com> wrote in message
> hello everybody
>     I am trying to import an excel file into a datawindow(like a text
file).
> Is there any method or work around to achieve this.
>
> An alternate which i thought was using oleobject, opening the excel file
and
> using SaveAs to save into a text file for import into a datawindow.for
this
> I can't find any method to open an excel file through OLEOBJECT.
>
> Thank in advance
> Magesh Babu.V

0
Stoyan

Import excel file into datawindow
Hi to all , How can i import excel file into datawindow ? My application expect only to *.xls file and not to *.txt file thanks david. use the odbc driver for excel <David> wrote in message news:44f14e06.1f22.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi to all , > How can i import excel file into datawindow ? > My application expect only to *.xls file and not to *.txt > file > > thanks > david. ...

How to import Excel file to datawindow?
The way we are doing this is using OLE with EXCEL to save the file as tab delimited text file and then import that text file into Datawindow. User simply selected EXCEL file for import and never knows what is being done behind the scene. Another option is to define an ODBC Excel DSN. You need to setup a Named Range in Excel with the first row containing column headers. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. Techwave 20002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002 Session E179 - Advanced Infomaker with Help of its Friend PowerBuilder <SAIYED&...

Import Excel file in datawindow
open datawindow at runtime and save data in Excel file then update that Excel file, Now I want to import Excel file into datawindow then update oracle database .So anybody have clue please send me email. thanks Hi, Have you try dwcontrol.ImportFile ( filename {, startrow {, endrow {, startcolumn {, endcolumn {, dwstartcolumn } } } } } ) Regards Fred kamlesh Patel a �crit dans le message <35E1A2BF.539A92AF@hotmail.com>... >open datawindow at runtime and save data in Excel file then update that >Excel file, Now I want to import Excel file into datawindow th...

importing excel file data to a datawindow
I'm trying to import data from an excel file that contains 20 columns and about 25 rows. However, some of the columns contain alphabetic data that contains several lines of text. Therefore, when I save the file as a tab delimited text file it causes problems when importing to the datawindow. The datawindow thinks that the column data, which gets word-wrapped, is several different records when in fact it is only one. By the way I am using PB 5. Gerald Whenever I need to pull data from an Excel file I just use OLE to fire up Excel, copy the data to the clipboard, and the...

Import data into a DataWindow from an Excel file.
Hi, I need to import data into a DataWindow (PB 8) from an Excel file. The data is in tabular format with the first row as column names. I would prefer not to use the Excel file as a database but to use an order like ImportFile. The user has to choose the file and then it has to be read into the DataWindow. Thank you in advance. Mart=edn. Hi Martin, If you name the area in Excel, you'll be able to access it via ODBC, Otherwise you can connect through OLE....and then access data directly, or export it to something you can import to DW. Regards Martin gid pisze: > H...

Import Files to Excel File
Greetings, I have a directory full of invidual GEN000*.Result files. Each one of these files has some output which looks like this: PDI Number: GEN000240 Finding Category: CAT I Reference: UNIX STIG: 2.5.3.1 Description: A non-local/non-authoritative (Government) time-server is used. Status: Not Reviewed For example: GEN000240: Please perform a manual review of the domain.net network time server/client using Checklist Section 3, GEN000240, to check the configuration. SRR Script Version: UNIX_51-28Jan2011 UNIX SRR Checklist Page: 28 I want to parse over 300 of these...

how to import or transform an excel file to sunbird/ics-file?
I often get some list of appointment-data by way of excel-files an want to include them into my sunbird 0.2 calendar. Are there any ways of transforming/creating an ics-file out of an excel-file? Thanks in advance Patrick I suppose Excel can export a CSV file for Sunbird to import, but I have not tried it. -- Rod Whiteley ...

Importing data from either Excel Files or CSV files
Hi, I am having trouble uploading data from Excel/CSV files.  Any idea how I can get my ASP.NET application to do this?  Also, I need to transfer the data into SQL Server tables.  Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.  Thank you, Jules  this link help youhttp://www.codeproject.com/cs/database/CsvReader.asp  Try this one... its a good option http://www.codeproject.com/cs/database/FinalCSVReader.asp Thank you Bupender Thanks chrisjob012!  Mark as answer if reply helped you  this gives us the confident to reply further I am new to progra...

Excel experts : Filling an complex Excel file and parsing a complex Excel file
I am stuck with below mentioned problem The requirement is that, we have Excel file template(.xls) which has Macros and most of the Worksheets are either hidden OR locked. When the end user clicks on a button to download it, follows modifications has to be done to the Excel sheet. Unlock the Excel worksheet, fill some data at certain cells and then lock it back Write some data into a hidden worksheet There are two options as far as I know Excel Interop/MICROSOFT Excel 11.0 Object Library  OLEDB Driver I cannot go with option 1 becaus...

Components for importing/exporting datasets from/to Excel files or csv file [Edit]
Could you please recommend free and/or commercial components (source code available) for importing/exporting datasets data from/to Excel and csv files? I read about EMS Advanced import/export VCL components but I want to use something lighter and preferably free. My other requirement is that the components don't need Excel, i.e. they don't use excel automation to read or write excel files. Most of the components that I've seen seem to be dead or they don't exist anymore. Thanks Get Flexcel - it's one of the most impressive components I've ever used http://...

Import File from Excel.
PB 6.5 without PFC I have to re-write a process which imports an Excel file and then processes the data. It currently is done using a transaction object connecting to Excel through ODBC and then using embedded sql to access each row/column. The file is very large and it takes a while for the import to run. While re-writing this object, I would like to improve the performance time and wanted to look at other options for importing the Excel data. Here are the options I have so far: 1. Import through the ODBC Excel transaction object as it is currently done. 2. Use...

Importing excel file
I am using the office spreadsheet component , How do i load data from an existing excel file into the spreadsheet ?  I have used the data and datasrc attributes of the spreadhseet component to specify the file path of the excel file. but it is n't working, could anyone pls help me.Manjula...

Importing Excel Files
Hi, All, I needed to import Excel Files into PB 6.5 but PB's importFile() does not support it. So I used an OLE control to hold the Excel first then used the OLE functin getData() to retrieve the data. But getData() only gets 62 rows of the Excel file PB development environment and 72 rows at run time. I did use a blob data type for the getData() argument. Will anyone offer some help please? Thank you very much. Ben Hi, Export the Excel Files in tab delimetied Text Files (*.txt) and then import with the ImportFile() Function. Don't forget to close Excel while impo...

importing from an excel file
Hi. How do I import a single worksheet excel file? Nothing automagic. You can probably look for old messages (http://www.techno-kitten.com/Troubleshooting/Anyone_Else_See_It_/anyone_else_see_it_.html has a list of search engines). I'd expect most solutions involve OLE, which means that you'll need to have a compatible version of Excel on the target machine. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 28 Aug 2003 23:40:40 -0700, "Gomez, AF" <afgomez@food2live.co.uk> wrote: >Hi. How do I import a single worksheet excel file? ...

Web resources about - importing an excel file into a datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo