import database from oracle to ms access through powerbuilder..!!

Hi everybody,

environment:
Powerbuilder8.0
Oracle8i
MS Access XP

I want to import data and tables from Oracle to MS Access through
powerbuilder. Can somebody tell me how i can do this..
Thanks,
Noaman Mughal

0
noaman

Pipeline object.

Good luck,

On 4 Sep 2003 19:00:40 -0700, "noaman mughal" <noaman_mughal@msn.com>
wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>environment:
>Powerbuilder8.0
>Oracle8i
>MS Access XP
>
>I want to import data and tables from Oracle to MS Access through
>powerbuilder. Can somebody tell me how i can do this..

See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
9/5/2003 2:14:19 AM
for faster access [onetime use], you could create links in access with "link
tables" using an ODBC connection defined on oracle database.

"noaman mughal" <noaman_mughal@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi everybody,
>
> environment:
> Powerbuilder8.0
> Oracle8i
> MS Access XP
>
> I want to import data and tables from Oracle to MS Access through
> powerbuilder. Can somebody tell me how i can do this..
> Thanks,
> Noaman Mughal

0
WS
9/5/2003 12:55:20 PM
How i can use pipeline for importing database from oracle to MS Access
...please can you explain me little bit..
thanks,
noaman mughal
"Terry Voth" <sequel@techno-kitten.com> wrote in message
> Pipeline object.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On 4 Sep 2003 19:00:40 -0700, "noaman mughal" <noaman_mughal@msn.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi everybody,
> >
> >environment:
> >Powerbuilder8.0
> >Oracle8i
> >MS Access XP
> >
> >I want to import data and tables from Oracle to MS Access through
> >powerbuilder. Can somebody tell me how i can do this..
>
> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 2.2.05 now available at the Sandbox
> See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*=

0
noaman
9/5/2003 3:55:10 PM
What is it in the manuals that's confusing you? Can you be more
specific?

Let us know,

On 5 Sep 2003 08:55:10 -0700, "noaman mughal" <noaman_mughal@msn.com>
wrote:

>How i can use pipeline for importing database from oracle to MS Access
>..please can you explain me little bit..
>thanks,
>noaman mughal
>"Terry Voth" <sequel@techno-kitten.com> wrote in message
>> Pipeline object.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>>
>> On 4 Sep 2003 19:00:40 -0700, "noaman mughal" <noaman_mughal@msn.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi everybody,
>> >
>> >environment:
>> >Powerbuilder8.0
>> >Oracle8i
>> >MS Access XP
>> >
>> >I want to import data and tables from Oracle to MS Access through
>> >powerbuilder. Can somebody tell me how i can do this..

See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

PowerBuilder With MS Access
How to select data from MS Access database and display that data with sle or listbox ... select into and fetch, both working with SQL Anyware but not working with MS Access. Please somebody help me .. Thanks. I haven't had any problem with this, unless the column is of type OLEobject. What does your code look like? <Anonymous@sybase.com> wrote in message news:862A388182456D4F002D7E7985256982.002D7E8085256982@webforums... &gt; How to select data from MS Access database and display that data<BR> &gt; with sle or listbox ... select into and fetch, both wo...

MS ACCESS and powerbuilder
Dear sir/madam I am Mr. Teo. Currently i work in a furnace firm as a system administrator. I need to write some program in order to link up the system in the office. However, i met some problems by using powerbuilder 5.0 and ms Access. 1) I compile by program as .exe but it cannot be executed in other computer which do not have powerbuilder 5.0 installed. I did install powerbuilder run time kit. The error message appear after i execute .exe is "db profile not found or db specify driver not installed". I am using MS Access as my database. Could you advise me that what shou...

Access to any database with PowerBuilder
Hi We are developing an application which will run with any RDBMS (oracle 7, 8, Sybase, Informix, DB2/AS400,...) . Only one RDBMS will be used on each site, but each customer may choose any RDBMS... This implies of course that we keep the SQL quite standard ... and other things .... Has anyone of you hints or ideas about this subject ? I find PowerBuilder is quite good when using ONE RDBMS, but not when generic code must be written And of course, ANSI SQL 89 or 92 is so restrictive, we must go further ... Thanks for any reply Hi, Our company has created a ...

PowerBuilder 9.0.2 native Oracle driver for Oracle 10g database
We are migrating from Oracle 8i to 10g. The PowerBuilder 9.0.2 application is extremely slow using PowerBuilder Oracle 8.4 or 9.0 native driver to connect to Oracle 10g database, We had to use 7.3 driver. After using trace we found that the SQL scripts with index hint cause slow down, but they are working ok using Oracle 8.4 driver with Oracle 8i database. Any suggestion which is best way to connect from PowerBuilder 9.0.2 to Oracle 10g database? We have tried the Oracle 8.1.7 client and Oracle 9.0 client. I found a solved case on Sybase support web site, but we do not have support...

MS Access and Powerbuilder Desktop
I am learning PowerBuilder Desktop (6.0) and would like to use a local Access database. Is there a Tech article somewhere that explains this process? Is this process the same or easier with 7.0? thanks. -- Mark Micklich markmick@pacbell.net It is same. If you are learning PB then SqlAnywhere DB is better choice. Access does not support Trrigers or Stored Procedures, SQL Anywhere does. SQL Anywhere is shipped with PB. On Sun, 28 Nov 1999 22:21:35 -0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Mark Micklich <markmick@pacbell.net> wrote: >I am learn...

Using MS Access with Powerbuilder
I created a database in MS Access 97 and when I tried opening up the tables in the Database painter, all the 'text' field sizes were doubled. I can't even alter the table. Please help. I am using PowerBuilder version 6.5.1 and version 6. Hey... you forgot about not being able to alter the table!! ...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

How to convert database MS Access to oracle?
How to convert database MS Access to oracle? My database in MS access 2003. and i want to convert that database in to ORACLE 8i. please guide me for the same. thanks in advance. You will have to do it manually.First, create your tables in Oracle.Next, Export your Access data to a CSV file.Then use the Oracle command line took, Sql Loader to inport your data from the CSV file into your new Oracle tables.--dweezilSELECT * FROM users WHERE clue = 'yes';Records found: 0 No you don't. There are tools by Oracle as well as all kinds of other vendors to do this automatically. Start he...

Problem connecting PowerBuilder to Access Database
Hello I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let me edit data in tables. Configuration is: // Profile access SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogId = "admin" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'" Why I can do this? Thank you. There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that the table is not updateable. You can override this in the update ...

cannot access powerbuilder configure odbc or databases
After installing powerbuilder 5.0 on NT4 sp3 .... and then go into powerbuilder and click on configure odbc and get the infinite hourglass Could anyone tell me what the problem could be ? I've tried to uninstall (which has never been successful and i end up deleting the directories and do a regclean) and re-installing it. And i still get the same results. Dist, Can you get to the ODBC setup through the control panel? Also, try reinstalling (no need to uninstall) PB and verifying that you install all required ODBC drivers. You may also have to go to the "Native Driv...

run MS Access queries from PowerBuilder
Hi all I use PB5.03 and Oracle 7.3. For some reason I've been asked to use MS Access 97 to create and populate tables using 'Make Table Queries'. The queries are defined on the MS Access97 tables linked to Oracle. I've no problem in connecting to MS Access97 and accessing those tables. But how do I run those queries from PowerBuilder. My colleague, who is a VB developer, says queries can be run from VB by issuing execute. Do we have any such facilities like that in PB? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Dalfina Dalfina Daz wrote: > Hi all > ...

Web resources about - import database from oracle to ms access through powerbuilder..!! - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles