Import data (rows) in a rich text edit control from a DataWindow

Hi to all,

How can i import in a rich text edit control Data ( rows )  from a
DataWindow Control
dynamic but  not to changed page in every row and the user to be allowed to
format the rows.
To be in one page like this

code      decription    amount   price
------- ------------ --------- -------
------- ------------ --------- -------
------- ------------ --------- -------
------- ------------ --------- -------
------- ------------ --------- -------
------- ------------ --------- -------

thanks in advance

0
nick

Rich Text edit control
Hi, When sharing data between a Datawindow and a Rich Text Edit Control, data is shared between columns (datawindow) and insertfields (Richtext) having same names. But this is not the case for computed fields in the datawindow. Has this been solved for further versions than 5.0? Thanks Gerhard Schmitz You'll never be able to get computed *fields* to sharedata, they don't exist in the result set (which is actually what is being shared). In order to get computed values to share, you would need to make them computed *columns*. On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:00:07 +0200,...

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

Rich text edit control not display data in header/footer
I have a problem to display data in header/footer. I retrieve data from database as string. It just display data in the body, not header and footer I turned on the property of HeaderFooter ********************** rte_1.pasteRTF(ls_data) Please help! Thank you Patrick, What were you expecting, and what results did you get? -- Regards, Millard [TeamSybase] "Patrick Lee" <patrick.lee@companionGroup.com> wrote in message news:45ae62eb$1@forums-1-dub... > I have a problem to display data in header/footer. > > I retrieve data from database...

Repositioning to previously displayed data in a rich text edit control
I have an application uses a rich text edit control. When data is doubleclicked my script checks for a valid branch point (using the selected data) in the data to scroll (or Find). Prior to scrolling to the new point in the display, I save the line number where the data was selected so that I can scroll back to that line if needed. I successfully scroll back to the line previously selected however, the line frequently appears at the top of the control. I would prefer to have the display appear exactly as it did when the information was originally doubleclicked! Can anyone help? ...

How to get a text from rich text edit control ?
It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to variable whatever user types ? Thanks. string ls_text this.SelectTextAll() ls_text = this.SelectedText() On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to >variable whatever user types ? > >Thanks. > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_news...

InsertDocument doesn't display data in rich text edit control
I migrated my PB app from 9.5 to 11.5.1 and none of my rich text edit controls display data. I had to set displayony = false to prevent runtime errors but the InsertDocument function does nothing. I've also set the InputFieldsVisible and InputFieldNamesVisible properties to true in the rich text edit control. Here is my power script: li_insert = rte_1.InsertDocument(ls_temp_env, true, FileTypeRichText!) I've verified that the file I am inserting contains data from a Sybase image column that I've uploaded into a blob datatype, that I then saved to a rtf file (ls_temp_env...

Rich Text Edit Control
Who's successfully using a - easy to use, cheap or free - rich text editor control in a VWD project?  What's the name of it?What's the name of the rich text edit control I'm typing into right now for this forum post?Thanks.Frank Free Text Box or FCKEditor.  The fact it's a VWD project isn't relevant.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.     I use FreeTextBox as well (though not in Studio, not that it matters much).&nbs...

Rich Text Edit in Datawindow
Hi All, I would like to retrieve from a column which stores my Rich Text Format Document using datawindows. I could retrieve and display / edit / save using the RTE object and embedded SQL and print from there too but I need to create a composite report where one part of the report retrieves this column, and print the whole report. Any ideas is much appreciated... TIA Mustafa ...

Rich Text Edit Datawindow
I have a requirement whereby letters need to be generated and sent out which contain data from the database, as well as the content of the letter (form letter). I'm thinking of using Rich Text datawindows to accomplish this. The main issue I'm struggling with is that the data for a given letter may have master/detail relationships. For example, a letter may be sent to a company which includes company related data (i.e Name, address...etc.), but may also contain a list of zero to many employees. I thought perhaps that I could use a nested datawindow for this, but that option...

Rich Text Edit Control
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213 I'd like to use a RTE on a window, together with a Datawindow control, get the data from a Long VarChar column on the Datawindow control, set them in the RTE, do some formating on the (BOLD, UNDERLINE, etc), get them from the RTE set them back in the column and save them to the database. Is this posible. TIA Stelios Stylianou Stelios - This is what the RTE Datawindow style is supposed to accomplish. From what I've heard it works FAIRLY well, but it has "issues". You have been warned. :) Olan "...

Rich Text Edit Control
HI All: I have a RTF control which imports a RTF file and I want the RTF file to print with it's original margin settings. The RTF document has the following margin sizes: L = 1, R = 1, T 1.80 and B = .25 What happens when I print (rte_1.Print(blah...)) the RTF document is expanded to the edges of the paper. When I view the RTF in PREVIEW mode, the margins are set to: L = .25, R = 0, T = 0 and B = .20 I tried scripting the desired margin settings (RTE_1.LeftMargin = 1 etc.. )and printed with the same result. I do NOT want the users to use the RTE_1.Preview = true window to...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Does anyone know how to set the font for a RTE programmatically? ---- AND ---- How can you tell in a script how far a RTE has been scrolled HORIZONTALLY? Hi Paul, There should be an easier way of setting the font size for RTE controls, but I have not found it yet. The code below will change the font size for the entire window. I don�t know how to change it for selected text. Give this a try. Hope it works. String ls_init_rtf ls_init_rtf = '{\rtf1{\fonttbl{\f0\froman Tms Rmn;}}' ls_init_rtf = ls_init_rtf + "{\f0\fs24\cf0\up0\dn0 a big brown house...

PowerBuilder Rich Text Control
Hello group, I have a problem.... I am trying to save the contents of a rich text control in an sqlserver table through jaguar. The problem is with a specific text column. Sql Server "sees" that column as text whereas in powerbuilder i see that column as char(32767). When the update statement executes then jaguar reports the following error: ******************************************************* **** EAS SERVER 4.2 (ERROR LOG) ********* ******************************************************* Sep 22 14:27:51 2003: Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (10434) ...

Web resources about - Import data (rows) in a rich text edit control from a DataWindow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo