IDE

How can I modify the IDE of PowerBilder?

________________________________

Alessandro Isola
Ateikon s.r.l.
Uff. Conegliano 0438/415709
www.ateikon.com

0
Alessandro

What exactly are you trying to achieve? The IDE is highly customizable
by itself, and if you really want to go deeper than that, there is a set
of instructions to make even deeper modificaitons, although these are
not for the faint of heart.

regards,
Bill

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]
Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards

Good Links to know, good places to go:

Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often
Find things like:
-- EAServer 3.6.1 maintenance release is available
-- PowerBuilder 7.03 maintenance release available
-- Components, White papers, articles and more
-- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
-- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)

PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com

Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com
Bill Green @ Power3 - wgreen@power3.com
Bill
1/31/2001 2:25:07 PM
I'd like to insert automatically fixed code everytime that I write a
procedure, such as the name of the programmer who write the code, the date
and so on.
I hope to understand what I mean.

Buy.

Alessandro Isola

0
Alessandro
2/2/2001 9:34:17 AM
Alessandro,

Check out PBPaste at www.pbdr.com.  It is a great tool.

--
Tom Mackin
tmackin@LNC.com

Alessandro Isola wrote:

> I'd like to insert automatically fixed code everytime that I write a
> procedure, such as the name of the programmer who write the code, the date
> and so on.
> I hope to understand what I mean.
>
> Buy.
>
> Alessandro Isola

0
Tom
2/2/2001 2:10:59 PM
There's no way to do this Automatically, it will still take an effort on the
developers part to intiiate an action to do this, but there are several ways
to "ease the pain". PBPaste has already been mentioned, and there are other
tools like ClipTracker where you can put specific data into a clipboard
database and with a couple of mouseclicks, paste it into your app. I have a
commenting tool that I use as well to insert comment blocks, and actually,
this would be a cool feature to add to it. Give me a day or two and send me an
e-mail. I'll send you the tool.

regards,
Bill

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]
Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards
http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2001/

Good Links to know, good places to go:

Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often
Find things like:
-- EAServer 3.6.1 maintenance release is available
-- PowerBuilder 7.03 maintenance release available
-- Components, White papers, articles and more
-- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
-- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)

PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com

Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com
Bill Green @ Power3 - wgreen@power3.com

Bill

What generals generally do

Powerbuilder IDE Hangs
Dear All I using powerbulder 7.0 build 5031 in windows xp machine. database is oracle 10g. my PBLs are stored in a common server and 3 user will be accessing the same. usually only one user will access at a given time. i have the following problem. Powerbuilder IDE is takeing a long time to any window. accessing database is fast. but, will take atlease 20-30 seconds to open any window. also, it is taking almost similar time for opening different events in the script window. as time progresses, the delay is even more. working with datawindows and other objects is not a prob...

Powerbuilder IDE crashes
Using PB 10.0 Build 4510 When trying to open a few windows the IDE crashes. I've tried regenerating the object. Regen OK, still can't open the window. Tried right mouse click on target, & Get Latest Version. Still doesn't work. Tried shutdown & reboot of PC, still no luck. Using Windowx XP Service Pack 2. Others in the same office can open these windows with no problems. any ideas? It looks like a FAQ, search this forum for deleting Layout Registry entry Regards Sharon pisze: > Using PB 10.0 Build 4510 > > When trying to open a few...

Printing in Powerbuilder IDE
Whenever I try to print code out of an object or the library directory it always comes out looking very, very bad. Is this an internal PB problem or can I change the settings somewhere and make it more readable? Or do I have to go and buy a third party tool in order to get a decent printout from PB? ------------------------ BlueRidge Solutions, Inc. http://www.brslc.com When you say that it is 'very, very bad', what do you mean? Is it a font problem, or do you just not like the layout? On Wed, 05 May 1999 21:21:41 GMT, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Lucas V...

PowerBuilder IDE Unstable
PB blows up all the time when I try to save my objects. It is really bad if I modify a dw from a window and the save it. Boom!!! It is really getting bad. Has anyone ran into this in pb 7.0.2? I found this on accident. If you are in the library painter and you right click on an object...Boom!!! This happens on other machines as well. HELP!!!! Really funny...I presume you haven't been following all the threads about PB 7 and the new IDE since its inception. The best solution thus far is to get PB 7.03 C3 Build 8046 which stabilizes things a lot (although not com...

Profitability of Powerbuilder and similar IDEs
Hello, I'm a newbie with Powerbuilder, but it seems like it has a very loyal user base, similar to that found for the Borland IDE products (Delphi, JBuilder, etc). Many of us Borland fans have been using the products for 20 years. However, just as DBase and Paradox were sold and then buried by the Microsoft steamroller, the Borland products are about to get tossed out with the spring cleaning. See the following article: http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=17981 If history is any guide, the software will be purchased by a competitor and then buried. People like me ...

No icons displaying in PowerBuilder IDE
I have just installed PowerBuilder 11 (build 6525) and notice that all the toolbar icons that reside under the menus are not displaying. The microhelp tags appear as the cursor moves over the space where the icon would normally display. I did the install right out of the box without changing anything. I am running Windows XP SP2. Any ideas? Is this too hard to answer? > I have just installed PowerBuilder 11 (build 6525) and > notice that all the toolbar icons that reside under the > menus are not displaying. The microhelp tags appear as the > cursor moves over th...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I was able to hit it 11:25 am Eastern Daylight Savings Time vie OE newsreader. Russ <rob.potts@veridian.com> wrote in message news:3485451A5E94D5550053492985256D08.0053493885256D08@webforums... This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I've notified the people in charge. Until it's resolve, you can still use the web-based newsreader at www.pfcguide.com. On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:14:52 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.futures_discussion <Joe_Slawsky> ...

PowerBuilder Application IDE Enhancement
Will there ever be a day that PowerBuilder and PowerJ will be combined into one IDE? This will make it much more convenient when developing web applications with JAVA. It seems like some of the DW functionality is already in PowerJ with the JAVA DW functionality. It looks like a duplication of effort on Sybase's part.... Chuck There were talks about that in the past, but nothing concrete came out of it, AFAIK. As far as the Java DW, it is lagging far behind it Windows ancestor, and likely will not be further enhanced. PB9 will have support for JSP targets, but if ...

Is PowerBuilder.General newsgroup broken?
Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. Mike Just saw some new ones now..Could be some haven't switched to the new servers.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. "Mike Niemann" <mniemann@oowidgets.com> wrote in message news:#VivpTX7CHA.331@forums-2-dub... > Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. > > Mike > > I had the same problem too! Then I right-clicked on the newsgroup and clicked properties->Local Files Tab->Clicked on the Reset to reset all the postin...

Powerbuilder IDE advice for Noob
I'm having a hard time using the Powerbuilder IDE -- I come from the Java/.NET worlds and am used to being able to quickly distinguish between object types and constructs, usually just a right-mouse-click or a hover will tell me what I'm looking at and where. Powerbuilder's IDE displays function arguments in the window title of the painter, which requires that you stretch the window out to full capacity to see some functions with alot of arguments. Navigating in the script windows from the painter(?) is painful -- I see something like of_foo(dw_bar.getitem(1,"bob&qu...

Welcome to the PowerBuilder.General newsgroup
Welcome to the Powersoft sponsored newsgroup for general PowerBuilder questions. While we encourage you to look around forums.powersoft.com to find a newsgroup that most precisely fits the topic of your question, we encourage those whose questions fall between the cracks to post their questions here. While Powersoft controls this newsgroup, there are some **MIS**interpretations of that fact that should be avoided: - "Posting a message means a guaranteed answer from Powersoft." In an effort to help PowerBuilder developers help each other become successful, Powersof...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
Can someone help me please. I am using PB7 Build 8033 and Excel 97 SR1 I have a spreadsheet which has 1 chart "graph", and 2 sheets "Model" and "Calculations". There are also 7 macros in module 1. I am trying to use OLE Automation to link to the spreadsheet, I need to populate some cells, run some macros and retreive some cells. I can get excel and the spreadsheet to open in automation mode, I can retreive and populate individual cell value, and I can successfully close and disconnect from excel and the spreadsheet. My problem is that I cannot s...

PowerBuilder (6+) IDE as OLE Server
I am trying to write an object palette tool for PowerBuilder enabling developers to place the correct class of object on a user object. Background: When painting windows I have found that a number of developers (myself included) sometimes put the wrong class (i.e. PB internal buttons/datawindows etc.) onto a window, consequentially the infrastructure (i.e. PFC) does not appear to work correctly. The tool is to provide a list of objects that are available for instantiation (not displaying "class" defintitions). To allow this to link into the PB IDE I need to be able to ...

ASA8 OEM Authentication from PowerBuilder IDE???
I have a question about ASA 8 OEM authentication... How can we execute the authentication from the PowerBuilder IDE. Within the code we use "execute immediate", but the sql painter doesn't like the "SET TEMPORARY OPTION CONNECTION_AUTHENTICATION='Company=Baxter;Application=RenalSoft;Signature=00 ....' " Right now the application installation [which includes the ASA8 OEM install] renders the PB database painter "readonly". So we either have to avoid installing the application on a development machine, or have to reinstall the ASA8 Studio each ...

Web resources about - IDE - sybase.powerbuilder.general

IDE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How to develop your own OS ep6: Ide & Source Code - YouTube
Thank you for watching please leave a like and subscribe. Links: Ide: https://github.com/Myvar/OsDevKit/releases/tag/v0.0.3-alpha Source code: ...

StarTech.com USB 3.0 to SATA IDE HDD Docking Station Review
... reviewed their portable SATA duplicator last year, and this time around we have another interesting gadget from their stables. SATA and IDE ...

More on Deceptive Climate Alarmism on the Ides of March: Orson Welles, Graphs, plus just relax about ...
... the North Sea, many Indian villages underwater 50-60 miles out from the coast of Virginia, etc.) This will continue until the climate tide changes ...

Hands-on with Node.js support in Komodo IDE 7
ActiveState has released a major new version of the Komodo integrated development environment (IDE). The update, which is called Komodo 7, introduces ...

Designing the Haskell IDE
I published a new blog post at the FP Complete site, with a peek at our efforts to create the Haskell IDE. I concentrated mostly on the interaction ...

Easily create and debug batch files with Batch IDE
... window, find and double-click the file. And if there are problems you must switch back to Notepad and do the same thing again. Batch IDE is ...

Java IDE Performance
... DZone last week. In a discussion of this link on DZone , the author of the post in question mentioned the poor performance of most Java IDEs, ...

Towards better refactoring support in IDEs for functional programming
A couple of days back I was thinking how we could improve the state of IDEs and let them give rich feedbacks to users focusing on code improvement ...

Deal "Really" Finalized? Will Greece Survive the Ides of March? Disastrous Piecemeal Breakup of Eurozone ...
... have to raise €70.5bn ahead of the bond swap – €30bn in sweeteners for the private sector, €5.5bn to pay off interest and €35bn to provide Greek ...