How to share the datawindow to inner datawindow of nested datawindow.

Ex
--------
dw_1 is normal datawindow dw_nes is nested datawindow, both are placed
one window

dw_nes contain dw_child datawindow

Question
----------------
i want to share dw_1 and dw_child.

I have tried the below code, getting error

dw_1.sharedata( dw_nes.object.dw_child)
0
kzganesan
6/19/2008 2:15:18 PM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.general
📃 62418 articles.
⭐ 19 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2414 Views

It's the dot notation. You will need to dw_nes.GetChild("dw_child", ldwc)
where ldwc is a _local_ datawindowchild.
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]m...
> How to share the datawindow to inner datawindow of nested datawindow.
>
> Ex
> --------
> dw_1 is normal datawindow dw_nes is nested datawindow, both are placed
> one window
>
> dw_nes contain dw_child datawindow
>
> Question
> ----------------
> i want to share dw_1 and dw_child.
>
> I have tried the below code, getting error
>
> dw_1.sharedata( dw_nes.object.dw_child)

0
Jeff
6/20/2008 3:25:03 PM
GetChild works on DDDWs and reports in composites. It never has on nested
reports and probably never will because there is an occurrence of the nested
for each row where it is embedded.
I think you will need to copy the data with dot notation. Or maybe implement
a different way.

"Jeff Wayt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> It's the dot notation. You will need to dw_nes.GetChild("dw_child", ldwc)
> where ldwc is a _local_ datawindowchild.
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]m...
>> How to share the datawindow to inner datawindow of nested datawindow.
>>
>> Ex
>> --------
>> dw_1 is normal datawindow dw_nes is nested datawindow, both are placed
>> one window
>>
>> dw_nes contain dw_child datawindow
>>
>> Question
>> i want to share dw_1 and dw_child.
>>
>> I have tried the below code, getting error
>>
>> dw_1.sharedata( dw_nes.object.dw_child)

0
Jerry