how to set input focus to the specific row and column in DW

Hi,
I have a scenario where I have to add a new row to datawindow and set the
input focus to the specific column in the new row (which column  is it
depends on other program parameters). How can I do it?
Thanks,
Mirek

0
MPA

Use Scrolltorow( al_newrow), SetRow(al_newrow),
Setcolumn(as_colname), ...

> Hi,
> I have a scenario where I have to add a new row to
> datawindow and set the input focus to the specific column
> in the new row (which column  is it depends on other
> program parameters). How can I do it? Thanks,
> Mirek

0
NiKo

Set font for specific column of specific row
How do you set the height, weight of a specific column of a specific row (either at runtime or design time)? TIA, Scott Expressions for font.height, font.weight Scott Crystal wrote in message <9Hzv#kdeBHA.318@forums.sybase.com>... >How do you set the height, weight of a specific column of a specific row >(either at runtime or design time)? >TIA, >Scott > > By setting up an expression for each of these properties, based on the condition that you want to control them... Can you give me an example, based on the text of a column equaling some va...

set background color for a specific column and specific row
- Using powerscript, how do I change the background color of a row for a specific column? P.S: I cannot change from datawindow because, I will need some nested if statements to determine the color to chag to and datawindow does not accept nested if right? - how do i highlight the whole row of a selected row? I used SelectRow() option. but if i click on a column (it will hightlight the whole row except for that column. That column will only be highlighted for the length of the text. I want the whole of the clicked column to be highlighted. Thank You. 1) Using power...

Set focus on dw column
Is there any way of setting focus to a datawindow column. Whenever I open a window or add a row I have to click on the first row in the datawindow to then start tabbing through the fields. Setfocus doesn't seem to work on the datawindow but it does with other objects like the singlelineedit. Any ideas? dw.SetColumn ("colname") dw.SetFocus () Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten Michael K wrote: > Is there any way of setting focus to a datawindow column. Whenever I > open a window or add a row I have to click on the first ...

Set Focus in DW column
I have a small problem. I have a datawindow with 2 columns in a tabular format. Tab order has been set in the data window. Both of the columns are numeric(7,2). I set focus to the DW and focus is set to the first column as it should be. The problem comes in that because it is numeric and no data is there (I insert a row to add data) a "0" is in the column and the cursor is sitting in front of this "0". I want the whole column selected so that the user does not have to delete the "0". What do I need to do? I could find this in any docs. Thanks fo...

Set focus to a field/column in DW
Hi all, How to write the script to set the focus to a field/column in DW? Thanks! this.SetColumn('column_name') should work. HTH. Ben McBride Chan wrote: > Hi all, > > How to write the script to set the focus to a field/column in DW? > > Thanks! Try using setcolumn() and setrow(). These will set the current context, however if the row and column are not visible you also need to use scrollrotow(). Unfortuntely there is no scrolltocolumn method. -- ________________________________________________________________ Alex Whitney ...

how to set focus on a dddw column in a dw
Hello, I have a dropdowndatawindow named dw_sel_dep that contain a column named cd_department (type dddw with allowing edit property set on). When i try to use: dw_sel_dep.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str) // to add an empty row dw_sel_dep.setfocus() // to set focus on i have not the curson within the cd_department column Why ?? What is missing ?? TIA Roby Hi, Have you tried to use setColumn rather than setFocus? On 8 Jun 2004 02:31:31 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Roberto Lammoglia <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> w...

setting the focus to a row/column of a web datawindow
Hi all, I'd like to set the input focus for a html page containing a web datawindow to a certain row and column (first row, column "username"). of the datawindow. For the time being I've succes using document.dwClient_dataForm.username_0.focus(); in a function called in the onLoad() event of the page. Just to be sure, is that the correct method to achieve what I want? I thought it should be something like dwClient.SetRow(1); dwClient.SetColumn("username"); dwClient.SetFocus(); but this fails claiming that dwClient has no properties. ...

How to set a column invisible in a datawindow for a specific row.
anyone can help??? Hi, depends on how the specific row is specified. In general you have to use an expression for the visible property of the column. To hide the column in the first row, the expression is if( getRow() = 1 , 0, 1) If the expression returns 1, the column is visible, if 0 unvisible. It depends on your PB version, where to code this expression in the datawindow painter. Chris Werner "KIWA" <angtoonyew@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Ss2r4oW6CHA.181@forums.sybase.com... > anyone can help??? > > KIW...

dw.Rows and dw.Columns in dw.NET 1.5
Hi, I have extended (in VB.NET) the datawindow.NET 1.5 by adding 2 simple collections : Columns and Rows. I can now use the datawindow / datastore just like the .NET DataTable. For example (VB.NET) : To enumerate columns and set the backcolor to red : For each col As DatawindowColumn in dw.Columns Debug.WriteLine("column " & col.ColumnName & " type " & col.ColumnType) col.BackColor = Color.Red Next To set the value of 0 to column "foo" of each rows : For each row As DatawindowRow in dw.Rows row("foo") = 0 Next ...

Set specific color for a specific row???
Hi guys. I need help again. It's the same project that i'm doing right now. I wanted to set a different color for a specific row in DataGrid. I've already populated it with a data from SQL Server using DataSource and DataBind. It possible? If not, what specific Data Control can I use to do this. Take for instance: -> first column of DataGrid displays date and what i wanted to do is to set the entire row to any color, lets say yellow, if the date falls under weekends (sat and sun). Again, is this things possible? Thanks in advanced for suggestions and answers.Please don'...

How can I set Background Color Of Datawindow Column For a Specific Row ?
Respected Friends, Using following code I can change datawindow background colour of a column. Datawindowcontrol.Object.column.Background.Color = RGB(255,128,0) But this will change colour of whole column. I want to change colour of this column , for certain specific ROWS depending on Runtime condition, and not all Rows. Can somebody give me a clue. Milind Vartak You can code it in the Font/Background color of the column. Ex: if(myCol = 1, rgb(255,255,255)...

How to access and set row and column specific property using Modify()
How do you access and set (row,column)-specific property using Modify()? The PB on-line documentations usng Modify() all shows accessing and setting column specific-property using Modify() such that all rows in that column had the new property - but what about specific to a "cell"? I have asked this question before under a different subject line, and got one person who responded that the only way to do this is to use he Expressions tab in the dw painter. I need a second opinion on others who may not have read the question before. Thanks, John Salvo Maybe I do ...

Dw Rows --> Another DW's Columns
I am trying to figure out the fastest was to move data between 2 tables where some of the data in the source table's rows are to become columns in the destination table.... something like (in logical terms) an array-inversion function. Source Table contains columns... student_id course_id student_grade Destination Table contains columns... course_id stu_1_id stu_1_grade stu_2_id stu_2_grade stu_3_id stu_3_grade ....... stu_10_id stu_10_grade The intent is to present the grades in the same course for up to 10 students in a side-by-side fashion across one row in the...

How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at
How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at runtime? In article <35BF1672.BE14830C@public.szonline.net>, zhangyuh@public.szonline.net says... > How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at > runtime? > > > > Please see my response in the dw newgroup. Please do not post the same question in multiple newgroups. -- John Strano [TeamPS] Have a heart, http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/JCredit/eds_stry.htm ...

Web resources about - how to set input focus to the specific row and column in DW - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Specific - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Specific Pathogen Free , of a laboratory animal guaranteed free of particular (i.e., specific and named) pathogens "Specific" generally means ...

Specific activity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... SI quantity related to the phenomenon of natural and artificial radioactivity. The SI unit of "activity" is becquerel, Bq, while that of "specific ...

Post Planner Launches Time Zone-Specific Facebook Posting Feature
So your company is based in San Francisco, but you’ve got a big fan base in Berlin. Posting to your Facebook page at 3 p.m. from California means ...

Navy Football to Feature Position-Specific 'Navy Fleet' Helmets for Army Game - Bleacher Report
For the first time in NCAA history, a college football team will have its players wearing different helmets during the game based on the position ...

"So the product is being deliberately misused despite a specific warning label, and y'all are complaining ...
"Nobody was irreparably broken or even like stubbed their toe? BURN BUNCH EMS DOWN. Bomb this company back to the stone age before the hair of ...

Obama: No specific, credible threat indicating plot against U.S.
After a meeting with his national security team, the president tells Americans to "go about their usual Thanksgiving weekend activities"

Tesla Seatbelt Recall Specifics, & Video On How To Check Your Seatbelt Yourself
... of a Model S in Europe with a seatbelt that wasn’t properly attached to the outboard lap pretensioner. [&hellip Tesla Seatbelt Recall Specifics, ...

Obama: No 'specific and credible threat' to U.S. - CNNPolitics.com
... step" to keep the country safe, President Barack Obama said Wednesday, seeking to reassure travelers and adding there is no known "specific ...

Obama: ‘No Specific And Credible’ Terrorist Threat To U.S. Over Thanksgiving Holiday
Obama: ‘No Specific And Credible’ Terrorist Threat To U.S.

Obama assures Americans there's 'no specific and credible' terrorist threat to the U.S.
After meeting with his national security team Wednesday, President Obama assured Americans that there's currently “no specific and credible intelligence ...