How to import Excel file to datawindow?

0
dodo

The way we are doing this is using OLE with EXCEL to save the file as tab
delimited text file and then import that text file into Datawindow.

User simply selected EXCEL file for import and never knows what is being
done behind the scene.
0
SAIYED
7/5/2002 1:52:47 PM
Another option is to define an ODBC Excel DSN.  You need to setup a Named
Range in Excel with the first row containing column headers.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

<SAIYED> wrote in message
> The way we are doing this is using OLE with EXCEL to save the file as tab
> delimited text file and then import that text file into Datawindow.
>
> User simply selected EXCEL file for import and never knows what is being
> done behind the scene.

0
Terry