how to get rid of "Carriage return" and "new line" ASCII character

I have a string which include severals lines, I want to make it into one
line,
replace "carriage return" and "new line" (~r~n) charater with space, how
to do!

Thanks!

0
lam

A loop that uses Pos (as_Source, "~r~n") and Replace (as_Source,
li_CRLFPos, 2, " ") should do the trick.

Good luck,

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:00:42 +0800, lam <liuaim@163.net> wrote:

>I have a string which include severals lines, I want to make it into one
>line,
>replace "carriage return" and "new line" (~r~n) charater with space, how
>to do!

0
Terry
1/19/2000 3:13:36 AM
I try it as what you said, but it doesn.t work, any more suggesstion?

Terry Voth ���

> A loop that uses Pos (as_Source, "~r~n") and Replace (as_Source,
> li_CRLFPos, 2, " ") should do the trick.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:00:42 +0800, lam <liuaim@163.net> wrote:
>
> >I have a string which include severals lines, I want to make it into one
> >line,
> >replace "carriage return" and "new line" (~r~n) charater with space, how
> >to do!

0
lam
1/19/2000 4:30:30 AM
It works, thank you very much!

Terry Voth ���

> A loop that uses Pos (as_Source, "~r~n") and Replace (as_Source,
> li_CRLFPos, 2, " ") should do the trick.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:00:42 +0800, lam <liuaim@163.net> wrote:
>
> >I have a string which include severals lines, I want to make it into one
> >line,
> >replace "carriage return" and "new line" (~r~n) charater with space, how
> >to do!

0
lam

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Get "Mail"/"Get "News" / "Write"/"Post" buttons?
If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before proceeding. :-) Or is there an extension to do this which I don't know about? Thanks! Bob Bob P wrote: > If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" > changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me > and probably others...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

replace the "." with a ","

double quote

"Me" is better than "You"

"Using" or "With"

"To" and "From" missing

Replacing "\\" with "\"

Using "+" or "||"

"Get Mail" vs "Get All New Messages"
I have a few different email accounts set up in Thunderbird, and I'm using the unified view to view them. Recently, I noticed that the "Get Mail" button seems to only retrieve email for the first account (sometimes?). I'd like to click on that button and retrieve email for all of the accounts. I can get the behavior that I want consistently if I pull down the menu for "Get Mail" and select "Get All New Messages", but I'd prefer to get that in a single click if possible. I tried starting from scratch and recreating my profile, but I st...

Textarea element returns "carriage return/line feed" but I want j ust the "\n"
All, I have written a small cgi script that allows my users to submit some text to a db. everything work well except that it seems to be doubling their return keys. Each time they modify their entry the lines get one return key further apart. I read this in one of the Oreilly books... "Upon submission of the form, the browser collects all the lines of text, each separated by "%0D%0A" (carriage return/line feed)" how can I convert the "%0D%0A" to just the regular "\n" character? I cannot use the CGI.pm module. Thanks, Brad ******...

Web resources about - how to get rid of "Carriage return" and "new line" ASCII character - sybase.powerbuilder.general