How do I get the version of a file on the hard drive

How do I get the version of a file on the hard drive from within
PowerBuilder.  I cannot find a built in function or an example of an API
call.

Thanks,

Scott Rupke
scott@storertv.com

0
Scott

Take a look at this thread.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=896798178.3398.0.nnrp-07.c1ed0
e5f%40news.demon.co.uk&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26selm%3D896798178.3398
..0.nnrp-07.c1ed0e5f%2540news.demon.co.uk

(This link may span several lines and you may have to copy-and-paste them
into your browser's URL)

HTH

-EGM

Scott Rupke <scott@storertv.com> wrote in message
> How do I get the version of a file on the hard drive from within
> PowerBuilder.  I cannot find a built in function or an example of an API
> call.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott Rupke
> scott@storertv.com

0
Edward
4/11/2002 11:01:57 PM
Hi!
*** Scott Rupke wrote:

 SR> How do I get the version of a file on the hard drive from within
 SR> PowerBuilder.  I cannot find a built in function or an example of an
 SR> API call.

I've got a simple NVO-wrapper for GetFileVersionInfo API function.
I use it for detecting the build number of application's PB runtime (see the
example app in the archive).
The NVO, n_cst_dll, does not have external references and was tested with
PB6,7,8.

http://sqlbatch.com/t/dl.cgi?prod=pb&id=dllinfo

Bye
[SQL Batch  - SQL-script interpreter] http://sqlbatch.com/sb/
[PowerBatch - PowerBuilder Compiler ] http://sqlbatch.com/pbc/

0
Anatoly

Help on how to get Product Version and File Version on exe file
Hi All, Is there a way of getting the Product and File version of my pb application during runtime? Is there a pb function I can use or do I have to use an API function to do this? Currently using PB 9.0.1 Build 7171 Regards and Thanks, Willie ...

Get File Version from EXE File
hi folks how can i get the file version from a exe file. i need that information for a setup download website. best regards Philipp Use System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(path) to get the version info of a file.Hope this helps!Paul yes, thanks a lot :)...

Urgent: unable to get version information from powerbuilder 8 generated dll files
Hi, Wins2K/PB8 Version 8.0.1 Build 9056 After I built machine codes (DLLs) for my application, my codes (in attachment) could not get version information of those files. It failed after calling VerQueryValueA API. By the way, my local external functions are declared as followed: FUNCTION ulong GetFileVersionInfoSizeA( REF string lpFilename, REF ulong lpdwHandle ) LIBRARY "version.dll" FUNCTION boolean GetFileVersionInfoA( REF string lpFilename, REF ulong lpdwHandle, ulong dwLen, REF string lpData ) LIBRARY "version.dll" FUNCTION boolean VerQueryValueA(...

Urgent: unable to get version information from powerbuilder 8 generated dll files
begin 644 getversioninfo.txt M=6QO;F<)9'=(86YD;&4-"G5L;VYG"61W3&5N9W1H#0IS=')I;F<);'-?=F5R M<VEO;FME>7-;,3)=(#T@>R`B4')O9'5C=$YA;64B+"`B4')O9'5C=%9E<G-I M;VXB+"`F#0H)"0DB3W)I9VEN86Q&:6QE;F%M92(L(")&:6QE1&5S8W)I<'1I M;VXB+"`B1FEL959E<G-I;VXB+"`F#0H)"0DB0V]M<&%N>4YA;64B+"`B3&5G M86Q#;W!Y<FEG:'0B+"`B3&5G86Q4<F%D96UA<FMS(BP@)@T*"0D)(DEN=&5R M;F%L3F%M92(L(")0<FEV871E0G5I;&0B+"`B4W!E8VEA;$)U:6QD(BP@(D-O M;...

Retaining file paths to signature files on the hard drive.
Hi there. I am a relatively new user of Thunderbird and have discarded my Outlook and Outlook altogether for Thunderbird and at present, I am using version 2.0.0.22 with Windows XP Service Pack 3. I run a copy of TB on my desktop as well as on a separate memory stick. However, I have encountered some problems with email signatures. I have identical folders on both my desktop version of TB and my portable version. The file path to my signatures on desktop is C:\Documents and Settings\ (user name)\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\signatures\(file name.txt). The path to...

File upload from local hard drive
Hi, can this be done? I have an Excel-based application that generates txt files on computers that are not connected to my LAN and are at different sites. These text files need to be sent over the Internet and then imported into a "master console" of sorts (on a LAN-connected workstation) that keeps track of the data. To this point, users of this app email the txt files as attachments to the person responsible for importing them. This has been somewhat clunky and has some other issues that I won't bore you with but suffice to say it doesn't work really well. Long-term p...

How to get file version?
I read in a <filename> but I don't know how get the file version out of the file. It seems Perl stat() doesn't work this way. Anybody knows what Perl function or module will work? Thanks, HL Ha Le wrote: > I read in a <filename> but I don't know how get the file version out of > the file. It seems Perl stat() doesn't work this way. Anybody knows what > Perl function or module will work? > what file version do you refer to? david Could you be more specific about what you mean by "version"? You mean for an executable...

Large .det File Filling Hard Drive
hfUx9HgZExfWyFyRHuaKxPtPP552BPalWoM+75eIVZ/2oO3m+pkBLWWYAgSA QAQBiayUgNW2fElbuHf8CEQ1K2GelXUelVo+ut9fR/2nMSODyMqYR28Atpfm Wbm/ezK8zTBHQi6JrCy+XprL8zOz+HZvbj7xeW6uPxBxoUXILz4//ri34ntO ahRzjJ9J57IgsnJNu4kxYbLCfTpYuM/vWbjPhGV5t6DIzbNcz4A1IGEkR8Rh wPZbe2HfzrwbwBKGCUAACGQQaEs22pbHAB0XAo0jK9Cs1LNfHte0QW9TCDTJ s7IkwjJ799ru2mXPJIrnMz8XZc/0CvcZz0Vs+JEvFuffEtm5JVLC5+V3yr1C 2yQ/kpaFRf0rPpioRMgKNCDj14CkojxDHF98uwABIAAEgAAQ8BGI5VmxP97a 3cCa51kZK9KIrIx15AZid1kEpMqzUm0xvM6z4hI4bhI3VtqSsnqdkw0NB/KY pAjX8ObHQJYxzAACQAAIAIGBINA4sgLNCiIrA5nDgzOjNM+KzTSvyIcSPrOZ i6xITvozCfZZtM/i/UcS7j+TkH8jug+SQkJ30Vx3Ae...

Getting file version
I want to get the version of a file Here's what I have in the Global External Functions Function long GetFileVersionInfoSize (string lptstrFilename, long lpdwHandle) Library "version.dll" Alias for "GetFileVersionInfoSizeA" and here's what I have in a button in an empty window long ll_dummy = 0, ll_size = 0 string ls_file = "C:\MyFile.EXE" ll_size = GetFileVersionInfoSize (ls_file, ll_dummy) messagebox(string(ll_size), "") ll_size always = 0 no matter what. When I try the same code in Microsoft Access, it works perfect...

How to get the version number of a file ?
Hello, I use a VB exe file with my PB Application. I wish to know the version number. Is is possible with API? I have tried to use the PFC but only the date is avalaible and returns "00/00/00". May someone help me ? Check the File version Information thread in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general I haven't found the definitive answer yet, but this shows the general method (using various API calls), and hopefully someone will come up with a solution soon! Simon Olivier AIMOND wrote in message ... >Hello, > >I use a VB exe file with my PB ...

Get executable file version
I am using PB 9. I generate an executable file and put the version 2.1.0.0 on all project versions' fields. How can I get this numbers on my application? Thiago Campos Pereira wrote: > I am using PB 9. > > I generate an executable file and put the version 2.1.0.0 on all project > versions' fields. How can I get this numbers on my application? > > http://eshop.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,44648,00.html -- Roy ...

Get Logical drives and files.
Hi everyone, In my application , I have a textbox and a button. In the textbox I will enter the path of any folder like........C:/asp   Now what I want , by clicking on the button all the subfolders and files should get printed in a treeview like structure using AJAX. I don't want any postback to the server...   It's very urgent. Any help of any type is accepted.. Thnx in advance.rajkumar sharmahttp://www.apnasaathi.blogspot.com Hi, you can base your code upon this article: http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/052803-1.aspx. You can wrap the grid in an UpdatePanel...

Getting File Version
I'm sorry, I see it's been asked here a couple times but I need a different version number than the one the example on codexchange gets. Looking at the deployment window in PB I set the following just to see where everyone is pulling from. executable: product verison 1.2.3.4 file version: 4.3.2.1 used by installer product version: 9.6.3.5 file verison 7.4.1.8 Now using NSIS to build my installer, it pulls 7.4.1.8. Using the version10 project from codexchange, it pulls 1.2.3.4. I've tried this code: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1002724 and I get an array out...

How to get a file version of an exe
If I right click on a file and select properties, I get a window with a version tag that shows me the version of the file. How can I get that with code? I have been looking at the following window api call: BOOL GetFileVersionInfo(LPCSTR lptstrFilename, DWORD dwHandle, DWORD dwLen, LPVOID lpData ); Does anyone have some sample code that does this? I always get confused when trying to match arguments with windows api and I'm not sure how to use this if this is even the right way. Thanks > If I right click on a file and select properties, I get a > ...

Web resources about - How do I get the version of a file on the hard drive - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global Android version distribution since December 2009. As of September 2013, Android 4.1/4.2 Jelly Bean is the most widely-used Android version, ...

Next-gen Porsche 911 may include plug-in hybrid version
Filed under: Green , Porsche , Coupe , Electric , Future , Hybrid , Luxury , Performance Porsche 911 product line director Dr. Erhard Mossle ...

Warning: All but one version of Internet Explorer will now be left open to attacks
Are you running an old version of Windows or reading this article in an old version of Microsoft's popular web browser, Internet Explorer ? It's ...

CBS, Warner Bros. Said to Consider Online Version of CW Network
CBS Corp. and Time Warner Inc.’s Warner Bros. have discussed creating a paid streaming service for their jointly owned CW network to generate ...

Dilly Dally release studio version of Drake cover
by Andrew Sacher photo: Dilly Dally at Baby's All Right in 2015 (more by Amanda Hatfield) As you probably know if you've seen them live lately, ...

Microsoft is killing support for old versions of Internet Explorer and Windows 8 today
... or security updates from Microsoft, leaving users out in the cold if it ever became compromised. According to Netmarketshare , the three versions ...

IDG Contributor Network: Post-acquisition, LastPass rolls out new version with more user interface bling ...
... I'd have to look elsewhere for all my password management needs. It seems my concerns might have been a little premature if the latest version ...

Betas for new iOS and OS X versions go public
Now you can try out the latest and greatest operating systems for Apple’s flagship products with public betas for both iOS 9.3 and OS X El Capitan ...

'The Flash' Season 2 Spoilers: Grant Gustin On Whether Zoom Is Actually Evil Version Of Barry
"The Flash" star Grant Gustin opened up on what he thinks about the popular fan theory suggesting that Zoom is actually an evil version of Barry. ...

Yes, Fox Really Should Make A PG-13 Version Of 'Deadpool'
For those who don't know or don't care, "Beyond the Trailer" host Grace Randolphdropped a video on January 13th basically complaining that releasing ...