How can I use another vendor's COM objects in PowerBuilder application? #2

I am planning to user another vendor's COM objects in our existing
PowerBuilder Application. Can anyone provide detailed steps how to do it and
also sample code ? Thank you.

0
Vikram

Vikram Suva wrote:

> I am planning to user another vendor's COM objects in our existing
> PowerBuilder Application. Can anyone provide detailed steps how to do it and
> also sample code ? Thank you.

Look at the oleobject documentation (ConnectToNewObject(), etc.)

I really recommend properly coding the ExternalException event for
oleobject...it allows you to gracefully recover from erros in 3rd party
COM objects.

We had a case where a C++ COM object was GPFing on us and by properly
coding the ExternalException event we were able to gracefully recover
from it without shutting down the PB app...makes working with COMs much
safer.

0
Jacek

How can I use another vendor's COM objects in PowerBuilder application?
I am planning to user another vendor's COM objects in our existing PowerBuilder Application. Can anyone provide detailed steps how to do it and also sample code ? Thank you. Read chapter 25 of the Application Techniques section in the online books -- it deals with OLE and ActiveX implementations. Also, have a look at the OleObject object and the ConnectToNewObject and GetAutomationNativePointer PowerScript methods. Last but not least, read previous posts in the ole-ocx-activex newsgroup. -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.co...

How can I use another vendor's COM objects in PowerBuilder application? #3
I am planning to user another vendor's COM objects in our existing PowerBuilder Application. Can anyone provide detailed steps how to do it and also sample code ? Thank you. Vikram Suva Read chapter 25 in the Application Techniques section of the online books -- it deals with OLE/COM/ActiveX technologies. For a quick reference, see the online help for the ConnectToNewObject and GetAutomationNativePointer PowerScript methods. -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com http://www.exp.com/app/expertProfile?expertID=512231 &qu...

Can I Execute An ASP.NET 1.1 Application's ASPX Page By Using Server.Execute From An ASP.NET 2.0 Application's ASPX Page
Hi All,Can someone help on this?I have 2 ASP.NET applications, 1 built in 1.1 and the other on 2.0In 1 of the aspx pages in my ASP.NET 2.0 application, I do Server.Execute and call another aspx page which is part of the ASP.NET 1.1 application. On doing this, I get this error: Invalid path for child request. A virtual path is expected.Is there any solution for this except for using Response.Redirect (WHICH I CANT USE). If not then can someone suggest a wayout for this:Whenever a new user signs up in my ASP.NET 2.0 application, I need to create a new user in my ASP.NET 1.1...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris hi, I'v tested it yet, i couldn't use it with the global/local external functions declarations method. It could be that some components need to be initialized first and global/local e...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
From: "Chris Fauvel" <chris_fauvel@fintech.net> Subject: Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript?? Date: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 2:33 PM I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Use the C...

Using PowerBuilder's or Infomaker's Query Painter in my applicatoin
I am at the point in my application where I would like to allow my users to create customized queries, and possibly reports. I have figured out how to use syntaxfromsql to convert sql to the special datawindow code, and this works find for me. But some of my users arn't as gifted in the sql department. So now I wish I had a nice GUI query builder. My question is; Is the query painter, and maybe even the datawindow painter accessable from Powerbuilder script kind of like an activeX? Or an object that I can drop into a window. I think I am to the point that I could recreate th...

One PowerBuilder app triggering an event on another PowerBuilder app's Frame
Running 2 concurrent PowerBuilder apps (both MDI). Is there a way to trigger a user event on the frame of one of the apps from the other? I can get a handle to the frame window, and I am guessing that a Send() of some kind would do the trick, but I don't know which parameters to use or where the parameters for the Send() are documented. Thanks for the help. I recently had the same situation. You can use send or post to send a message to a window in another application. First you need the handle of the window you are sending the message to. Since it is in another applica...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

Using Henter-Joyce's JAWS program with a PowerBuilder Application
Has anybody used JAWS program in conjunction with an application written in PowerBuilder? JAWS is a utility program written by Henter-Joyce. This program helps blind or visually impaired computer users use various computer applications. The product works majority of the time with PowerBuilder. The main problem areas are: Tabpage labels RadioButtons and CheckBoxes within a datawindow I would appreciate any information regarding JAWS used with PowerBuilder applicaitions. Terry Treadwell wrote: > > Has anybody used JAWS program in conjunction ...

Using Henter-Joyce's JAWS program with PowerBuilder #2
Has anybody used JAWS program in conjunction with an application written in PowerBuilder? JAWS is a utility program written by Henter-Joyce. This program helps blind or visually impaired computer users use various computer applications. The product works majority of the time with PowerBuilder. The main problem areas are: Tabpage labels RadioButtons and CheckBoxes within a datawindow I would appreciate any information regarding JAWS used with PowerBuilder applicaitions. ...

Dropdownlist on website
When I access an application written in asp.net 2.0 on my pc (uses XP) and on a laptop (using Vista), I can type into the dropdownlist to search for a record.  But other pc's (using XP) do not allow the user type to do a search.  Only the first letter of the word or the drop down are available to do a search.   Does anyone know why it would work with some pc's but not on others? I think this behaviour is in IE 7, check to see what versions of IE the PC's have that done work.-------------------------------------------------------...

Can anyone let me know the module's detail used in DotnetNuke.com's online help center?
Need Help!the dotnetnuke.com's online help center module is very good, i want to use it in my dnn3, but i cann't find more detail about it! it is free?if not, where can I buy it??Need Help??this link dotnetnuke.com online help center http://www.dotnetnuke.com/default.aspx?tabid=787&helpculture=en-us&helpmodule=Languages This is the Speerio Navigator module. It is not yet available but will be soon (as soon as I have a chance to fix a few bugs, write the documentation and package it up).NikNik KalyaniSpeerio, Inc.[DotNetNuke and ASP.Net solutions here]...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application i #2
Hi All,I built a website which works. I needed to be able to generate 2 versions of the same website so I built a tool that dynamicaly generates the DAL and BLL. It also copies various standard files from a template to the target source location. It also processes variouse source files to customise them based on certain settings. Anyway it all works. I can generate a version of the original site. However, my problem comes when I run the tool to generate my orginal site. I am unable to build it and I get the following error:"It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition=&...

Use Cross page post back feature of ASP.NET 2.0 while redirecting the user to another page to access previou's page's control
Hi.I am new to .Net..Can anyone tell me how to use  Use Cross page post back feature of ASP.NET 2.0 while redirecting the user to another page to access previou's page's control??  Thanku in advance  set postbackurl of the button's to where u want to redirect page. on second page check is it redirected from previouse using cross page post back like below and then find control which u want on second pageif (PreviousPage.IsCrossPagePostBack) {TextBox text1 = (TextBox)PreviousPage.FindControl("TextBox1"); Response.Write(text1.Text); }www.askaspdo...

Web resources about - How can I use another vendor's COM objects in PowerBuilder application? #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.general