How can I reference to a Nested Report?

how can i have access to a nested report?
I need to change its SQL in runtime.
I've tried with GetChild, but it returns -1

PB7.0
Win XP

Thanks in advance
0
Manuel

Manuel;

    You have to use the "Dot" notation ... Assuming you have a nested DWO
called "DW#2" with a Text object inside of that called "st_Title":

DC.Object.DW#2.Object.st_Title.Background.Color = rgb (192, 192, 192)

I still have no idea why Sybase has not allowed us to use the GetChild( ) on
that type of DWO!

HTH

Regards ... Chris

<Manuel> wrote in message news:44771fdf.523.1681692777@sybase.com...
> how can i have access to a nested report?
> I need to change its SQL in runtime.
> I've tried with GetChild, but it returns -1
>
> PB7.0
> Win XP
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Chris
5/26/2006 5:49:47 PM
You can, ONLY if it is not composite:

Nested reports and external data sources   You can't use GetChild to get a
reference to a report in a composite DataWindow when the data source of the
nested report is external.

composite you have to use DOT notation...

"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.dot.com> wrote in message
> Manuel;
>
>    You have to use the "Dot" notation ... Assuming you have a nested DWO
> called "DW#2" with a Text object inside of that called "st_Title":
>
> DC.Object.DW#2.Object.st_Title.Background.Color = rgb (192, 192, 192)
>
> I still have no idea why Sybase has not allowed us to use the GetChild( )
> on
> that type of DWO!
>
> HTH
>
> Regards ... Chris
>

> <Manuel> wrote in message news:44771fdf.523.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> how can i have access to a nested report?
>> I need to change its SQL in runtime.
>> I've tried with GetChild, but it returns -1
>>
>> PB7.0
>> Win XP
>>
>> Thanks in advance

0
Austin
5/26/2006 7:44:45 PM
 Yeah ... stupid I think - GetChild ( ) should work on all DW's!

"Austin Phillips" <aphillips_at_aticousa_dot_com> wrote in message
> You can, ONLY if it is not composite:
>
> Nested reports and external data sources   You can't use GetChild to get a
> reference to a report in a composite DataWindow when the data source of
the
> nested report is external.
>
> composite you have to use DOT notation...
>
> "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.dot.com> wrote in message
> > Manuel;
> >
> >    You have to use the "Dot" notation ... Assuming you have a nested DWO
> > called "DW#2" with a Text object inside of that called "st_Title":
> >
> > DC.Object.DW#2.Object.st_Title.Background.Color = rgb (192, 192, 192)
> >
> > I still have no idea why Sybase has not allowed us to use the
GetChild( )
> > on
> > that type of DWO!
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Regards ... Chris
> >

> > <Manuel> wrote in message news:44771fdf.523.1681692777@sybase.com...
> >> how can i have access to a nested report?
> >> I need to change its SQL in runtime.
> >> I've tried with GetChild, but it returns -1
> >>
> >> PB7.0
> >> Win XP
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance

0
Chris
5/29/2006 11:27:49 AM
Set

  dw_1.dw_report.object.datawindow.processing = 5

before using getchild.

After this getchild works for me on a nested report in a freeform
datawindow.

Regards,
Eric

Manuel wrote:
> how can i have access to a nested report?
> I need to change its SQL in runtime.
> I've tried with GetChild, but it returns -1
>
> PB7.0
> Win XP
>
> Thanks in advance
0
Ontsnapt
5/29/2006 1:33:47 PM
 Interesting!!!

"Ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Set
>
>   dw_1.dw_report.object.datawindow.processing = 5
>
> before using getchild.
>
> After this getchild works for me on a nested report in a freeform
> datawindow.
>
> Regards,
> Eric
>

> Manuel wrote:
> > how can i have access to a nested report?
> > I need to change its SQL in runtime.
> > I've tried with GetChild, but it returns -1
> >
> > PB7.0
> > Win XP
> >
> > Thanks in advance

0
Chris
5/29/2006 2:31:49 PM
Its of course

  dw_1.object.datawindow.processing = 5

instead of

Ontsnapt wrote:
> Set
>
>  dw_1.dw_report.object.datawindow.processing = 5
>
> before using getchild.
>
> After this getchild works for me on a nested report in a freeform
> datawindow.
>
> Regards,
> Eric
>

> Manuel wrote:
>> how can i have access to a nested report?
>> I need to change its SQL in runtime.
>> I've tried with GetChild, but it returns -1
>>
>> PB7.0
>> Win XP
>>
>> Thanks in advance
0
Ontsnapt

how can i get a reference to a nested report?
TIA -- Savoulidis Iordanis Athens - Greece Look at the online help for the GetChild ( ) and datawindowchild object type. Savoulidis Iordanis wrote in message ... > >TIA >-- >Savoulidis Iordanis >Athens - Greece > > Getchild concerns only composite reports and dddws. Not what I need. I want to use RowsCopy() getting the rows from a NESTED report. You need to use dot notation. Suppose you have datawindowcontrol dw_1 which contains a nested report called d_report in the column col_report. dw_1.Object.col_report[1].Object.d_report dw_...

How can I get the reference of nested report in datawindow?
I will like to insert or modify data in nested report. I am using pb65. thanks. simon Simon, Reference the DataWindow's GetChild() function in the on-line help. HTH Mark DeRosa CPD simon wrote in message ... >I will like to insert or modify data in nested report. >I am using pb65. > >thanks. > >simon > > GetChild() can only get reference to dddw or to a report in a composite dw. it can't get reference to nested report. simon Use the dot notation. e.g. dw_1.Object.nt_cutomer.Object.Data = dw_customer.Object.D...

can't reference nested report
I'm using PB6.5 and i want to composite a new function to change all window control: editmask, datawindow and userobject which contain the colum, compute field, nested report with date and datetime mask from user parameter: date format 'dd/mm/yyyy' or 'mm/dd/yyyy. This is challenge to me in the part of nested report since i can't refer objects inside nested report by PB describe function, e.g. dw_1.describe(dw_column_name + '.object.datawindow.objects') where dw_column_name is column name varible which show the PB assigns it an arbitrary name e.g. '...

nested reports in nested report
Hi, I have a report with a nested dw in a nested dw. I would like to change som properties of both datawindows/reports (width and moving som columns - it's a grid report) But how do I reference the nested report. I cant use GetChild (fails as it is not a Composite). I have managed to get the to the first report and change the width of i with the syntax dwobject dwo_1 dwo_1 = dw_report.Object.dw_1 dwo_1.width = 3000 But trying to get to the next level this fails, i.e. i tried dwobject dwo_2 dwo_2 = dwo_1.Object.dw_2 // fails at runtime Does anyone have a sugg...

How can i direct reference columns and their data in a nested but not composite report.
hi to all, In pb7.0 examples/data windows/retrieval/refereing nested reports the example is fail. I tried the same in a composite report and it works out. My question is how can i direct reference columns and their data in a nested but not composite report. Can anyone help me using the same example. All the code is in the window w_nested_reference and the commandbutton cb_ok clicked event in pb7.0 examples. Thanks in advance. ...

Can't access nested report data through dwobject reference variable
Hi, I have a function that takes a dwobject variable by reference. This function does various things with that dwobject (a column object). It gets its type, coltype and data. Then it sets its data. Here's some snippets of syntax: string ls_type, ls_data[ ] ls_type = adwo_object.Type ls_data = adwo_object.Primary adwo_object.Primary = ls_data All of this works when a simple column object is passed to this function. Example of a call from within a datawindow control event: dwobject ldwo_object ldwo_object = this.Object.mycol inv_object.of_func(ldwo_object) I have t...

Nested report inside nested report
Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report inside already existing nested report? Yes, What problems are you having? Just retreive the main report and the nested - nested report will retrieve. > Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report > inside already existing nested report? ...

Nested Report (is a row in a nested report)
I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report. I tried the following statements: dwobject ldw_report any la_data[] ldw_report=tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.Object.dw_1[1] la_data=ldw_report.Object.Data // this statement fails, if there is no row if UpperBound(la_data) > 0 then ... How about: DataWindowChild ldwc tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.GetChild('dw_1', ldwc) IF ldwc.RowCount() > 0 THEN ..... Brad Dirk wrote: > I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report. > > I tried the following statements: > > dwobject ldw_r...

Nested Report -> Nested Report RowCount()
Hi All, I'm nearly there, just one more thing to work out . . . I have a composite which contains three nested reports dw_letter -> nested_1 nested_2 -> nested_4 nested_3 I can't use GetChild because this is deeper than one level, thus I am using dot notation ls_user = dw_letter.Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user id_col] I need to build on this to step through all the users in the nested datawindow, thus I need to know how many rows are in there, e.g. To do this I need something like rowcount ll_max_rows = dw_letter....

Nested Report Reference
PB 5.04 I have a dw composite with one datawindow inside. I try to get a reference with getchild function. It always returns -1. Why ? Thanks HI, Your nested report is external or SQLSelect. If it's an external one, it's normal : no child with external. else datawindowchild DWchild; dw.getchild("report_name",DWchild) works fine. regards Fred Francois RENARD a �crit dans le message <01be0353$bdcc3c00$140301b6@FRENA.laheninvie.com>... > >PB 5.04 >I have a dw composite with one datawindow inside. >I try to get a reference wit...

GetChild on Nested Report that contains Nested Reports?
I have a composite report that contains five nested reports. One of the nested reports contains nested reports within it. GetChild does not work on this NR. This was listed under the GetChild help. Nested reports: You cannot use GetChild to get a reference to a report in a composite DataWindow when the report itself is a composite or nested DataWindow. I need to get a handle to this NR so I can apply translations. Any ideas? There are multiple rows, therefore PB doesn't know which nested report to apply the change to. What type of change are you doing? > I hav...

GetChild returns -1 with nested reports in nested reports
We have a composite datawindows with 4 reports. One of the reports has 2 nested reports. When we use GetChild to get a reference to the 4 reports, the report with the nested reports returns -1. When we remove the nested reports all works fine. Is this normal behaviour or a bug?? We're using PB5.0.02. -- Greetings, Hans Groeneveld, TSD Automatisering B.V. h_groeneveld@tsd.nl Hans Groeneveld wrote: > > We have a composite datawindows with 4 reports. One of the reports has 2 > nested reports. > When we use GetChild to get a reference to the 4 reports,...

Nested report does not line op to the previous nested report
Hi everyone, I have a problem with lining up nested report. I created a composite report with 4 nested reports. The fist nested report is a free form report. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th report are grid reports. The 2nd grid report line up directly to data show in the 1st report. But 3rd and 4th report each start on a new page. But I do not want this. I want to line them up like 2nd report to the 1st report.. How can I solve this problem? I checked if the new page property is set for the repport, but this is not the case. They all have property 'autosize heigth' and 'slide dir...

nested report reference #2
Hi, I've learned from another thread that I can get a reference (type dwObject) to a nested report using dot notation. The problem is, that I have to know the name of the nested report (dwo.name) at implementation time. Is there a possibility to get a reference to a nested report if the name is known only at runtime? I need this to handle nested reports in dynamic reports that can be changed by the user. -- Chris Werner AFAIK, your only hope would be GetChild, so on types of datawindow presentation that support it, you'll be able to get the reference with...

Web resources about - How can I reference to a Nested Report? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 ( ETRS89 ) is a ECEF (Earth-Centered, Earth-Fixed) geodetic Cartesian reference frame , in which ...

New York Times Removes Reference to President Obama and Cable News
... — Noah Rothman (@NoahCRothman) December 18, 2015 The Times story was published Thursday, but by Friday morning, the reference to cable news ...

Reference Pricing tweak for Medicaid
Reference pricing is a common payment reform for commercial insurance. Common, non-urgent, deferrable procedures are prime candidates. Hip replacement ...

Here's how to remove all Donald Trump references when you're online
... screen, a new Google Chrome extension can help. Here's how the Trump Filter works. The extension " searches the web pages you visit for references ...

See The Classic Movie References Found In Pixar's Greatest Films
... all well aware of just how clever Pixar movies are. These emotionally engaging stories are full of intricate themes and crammed with references ...

Zootopia Trailer Adds a Godfather Reference to Disney Film - Collider
Watch a new trailer for the Disney animated movie Zootopia, which takes place in a world inhabited by talking animals and features Jason Bateman ...

Hillary Clinton Ends Democratic Debate With A Star Wars Reference
The other day, President Obama ended his White House press conference with a reference to The [...]

Review: Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones
These Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones are pretty darn fantastic, and worth every penny.`

The Force Is Strong With This Sportscaster Who Drops ‘Star Wars’ References Like A Jedi
The Force Is Strong With This Sportscaster Who Drops ‘Star Wars’ References Like A Jedi

Disney Inundates General Hospital Episode With References To New Year's Eve College Football Playoff ...
ESPN says it isn’t worried about viewership for tomorrow’s college football playoff games on New Year’s Eve , but the degree to which TV viewers ...