How can I get values from a CrossTab Column ??

Tnx

0
Mirko

If your crosstab in static mode, just refer directly by the names of
columns (you'll see it on DW painter).
If your crosstab in dynamic mode (that is your columns build dynamicly in
run time) you have to write some code. The main thing here is that PB
assigns itself names to generated columns. Just find out what is "base"
name for your column in DW painter (in my case it's 'summa') By this name
you can refer to the column, but to the first column only. To refere to the
second, third ... and so on columns just add '_1' for second, '_2' for
third and so on suffix to your "base" name. In my case it's summa, summa_1,
summa_2 and etc.
Since you don't know the number of your generated columns you don't know
the number of iterations in your loop. So you can assume 1000 iteration for
your loop for example and define exseption in your code. So when it'll fire
you'll go out from your loop properly.

It's undocumented features of PB, but I've found this way myself - it
works!
Hope this help.
Best regards
Dmitry.

0
Dmitry_Kovtun

pls help me! about Crosstab DW .how can i get the header columns value ?
hi! I have a crosstab datawindow : 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 ..... ANDY $123 $453 $987 $847 $372 $884 ..... JOHN $643 $787 $232 $454 $355 $443 ..... ------------------------------------------------- compute_1 ...... my problem is : HOW CAN I GET THE header VALUE (exe->2001) INTO THE compute_1 for [compute expression]? please help me... You can't. What I have done is mimic the crosstab logic in a stored procedure. It is complicated though. > hi! > > I have a crosstab datawindow : > ...

getting the value of crosstab column
I have a similar problem with a crosstab report as follows. I have to generate a report based on currency transactions. So crosstab header(1) was the currency & 2 was its respective opening balance. The report format is like this Date Doc No Account Particulars BEF CDF FRF USD Opening Bal 2000.00 (100.00) 200.00 15000.00 10/02/02 5 MKS TRF CDF RCT 100.00 10/02/02 6 RAJA BEF PMT (100....

How can i get the default-value of a column
I' m using this statement with VB 6.0: select column_name, table_name, "default" from syscolumn, systable join syscolumn on systable.table_id = syscolumn.table_id where table_name='TRegieBuchungen' => it works fine with ISQL. But when i refer to the result-set of VB, i always get an Error "No update tables are specified". Any ideas? thanks! Christian c.pauzenberger@telecom.at ...

how can get the group column value?
My dw have group and group total columns, I can use getitem to obtain the first group's group total value, but how can I get the other group's group total value? I use dw_report.getitemnumber(?, "group_total) no matter what value of ?, all return the first group total value!! pls help!!! ...

How can i get the default-value of a column?
I' m using this statement with VB 6.0: select column_name, table_name, "default" from syscolumn, systable join syscolumn on systable.table_id = syscolumn.table_id where table_name='TRegieBuchungen' => it works fine with ISQL. But when i refer to the result-set of VB, i always get an Error "No update tables are specified". Any ideas? thanks! >select column_name, table_name, "default" from syscolumn, systable join >syscolumn on systable.table_id = syscolumn.table_id where >table_name='TRegieBuchungen' >...

How to get crosstab datawindow column value
my problem How to get crosstab datawindow column value Hi Wisdom, Try dot notation. There is a good possibility to show data as well: MessageBox( "Data", dw_Crosstab.Describe( "DataWindow.Data" ) ) Alexander Wisdom Pan schrieb: > my problem > > How to get crosstab datawindow column value don't forget to set the statis property to TRUE, before trying to access the dynamically generated columns. "Wisdom Pan" <pan_steve@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:jB9UYNty$GA.110@forums.sybase.com... my problem How to g...

How can I get the value of a column in a datagrid?
Hello. I have a datagird with textboxes on a column item template, I also have 2 other columns that are hidden and I want to retrieve his value. But I havent found how to do it. Thanks very much in advance This is the code that loops through all rows. find the textboxes controls Private Sub btnguardarplandesarrollo_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnguardarplandesarrollo.Click Page.Validate() If Page.IsValid Then Dim cont As Int32 = 0 Dim di As DataGridItem For Each di In dgplandesarrollo.Items Dim responsabili...

Get Value of column dynamic of datawindow crosstab
Hello to all. I have datawindow crosstab and I need to obtain the value of the generated columns . Thanks! Hola a todos. Tengo un datawindow crosstab y necesito obtener el valor de las columnas generadas dinamicamente Read the thread started by Davy De Permentier with the subject "CrossTab" on friday. "Raul Gil" <gl_ra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:414f86f2$1@forums-1-dub... > Hello to all. > > I have datawindow crosstab and I need to obtain the value of the > generated columns . > > Thanks! > &...

Re-Post : getting the value of crosstab column
Hi all, I'd posted this several times. But, i couldn't get any solution. Is there any problem regarding the explanation? Is it non-readable? Please help me to arrive at a solution. Thanks Arun ...

Can't get a hidden column value
When I hide a column and try to retrieve a value from that column for a specific row I get nothing. Here is my code: <-----VB -----> Dim sdgUserID As String = CType(e.Item.FindControl("lblUserIDHold"), Label).Text <----- HTML -----> <asp:TemplateColumn Visible="False" HeaderText="Hold"> <ItemTemplate> <asp:Label Visible="False" Runat="server" ID="lblUserIDHold"> <%# sUserID %> </asp:Label> </ItemTem...

GridView, How can i get de value from a chekbox column
Hi, how you doing?  I try ti get it using code like Cbool(.SelectedRow.Cells(x).Text) but it doesn't work. How can i get the checkbox column value?. I mean i want to know if its checked or not. Thks Use the control's ID in a FindControl  bool checkIt = ((CheckBox)gridView.SelectedRow.FindControl("checkBoxID")).Checked DonFalcon Web Technologies, LLC.Net Hosting | email & survey marketing ok, thks, but the "checkBoxID", from where can i know it? How can i know the id of the chkbox? Hi:   You can try TemplateField instead of B...

how can I get the property value on any column of DW in JS
Hi I have one column (Text field) and a button in my datawindow. On Button click I want to write a javascript that tells me the value of color property of that field. How can I get that value of DW filed in JavaScript. I wrote the following method. function demo(){ var f = document.obj_dataForm; var dw_prop; dw_prop = obj.getProperty("beg_dt.Color"); //obj is the refernce to datawindow and column name is beg_dt alert ("property on : "+dw_prop); } Thanks ...

How can I get other column value of DataSource in ItemDataBound event?
Hi all In ItemDataBound event, How can I get other column value of DataSource? for example ,I have 3 column,customer_id,customer_name,customer_tel customer_id,customer_name has display on DataGrid. Now I want to get customer_tel in ItemDatabound event. How do I? Thanks a lot. Clare There is a DataItem property of the e.Item that ruturns items datasource. All you need to do is to cast it to an appropriate type. If you binding your grid to DataTable or DataView, it is DataRowView Dim dtr as DataRowView = ctype(e.Item.DataItem,DataRowView) Bug [MCSD]...

how can I Get value in "row " in crosstab
In crosstab,thare are three data:'row', 'column' and 'value'.When execute it,'row' ,'column' and 'value'display different data.Now I want to get data in 'row'range when user clicked the cells.How can I do? thanks! Hi, The first thing you need to do is put the crosstab in static mode, using: dw_1.Modify("DataWindow.Crosstab.StaticMode='yes'") Do this after the crosstab has been created (ie. after the retrieve). You can now use GetItem/SetItem on each of the cells. If your 'value' column was cal...

Web resources about - How can I get values from a CrossTab Column ?? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Inside the crosstabs: Why Republicans don't support a minimum-wage hike
Democrats are vowing to make the minimum wage a midterm issue and will start by making a push to raise it once Congress is back in session this ...

Crosstabs
Kyle Leighton looks at the effect Mitt Romney's 47% remarks had on the polls. Full size version....

Updated with crosstabs: Dead heat in the 23rd
With two weeks left in the special election for the 23rd Congressional seat, Democrat Bill Owens has turned a seven-point deficit into a four-point ...

Beware the Crosstabs! Part the Second - Ten Miles Square - The Washington Monthly
Last week I took someone to task for placing too much weight on Gallup’s reports of Latino voters supposedly disproportionate turn away from ...

David Goldstein (@GoldyHA) on Twitter

Incarceration in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A graph showing the incarceration rate under state and federal jurisdiction per 100,000 population 1925-2008. Does not include prisoners held ...

Questions - Bill Clinton and Bush Tax Cuts - June 7-8, 2012 - Rasmussen Reports™
Rasmussen Reports - The best place to look for polls that are spot on

Market Data - ABI Research
technology market intelligence About About Us Management & Advisory Board Analysts Worldwide Locations Sourcing Guidelines Privacy Policy Research ...

One day later, pro-transportation tax forces say their side is winning
On Monday, Channel 2 Action News released an automated poll that put metro Atlanta support for a transportation sales tax at 42 percent – with ...

Why Gingrich is on top
A poll released today by Public Policy Polling shows former House Speaker Newt Gingrich capping off an amazing month’s rise by taking the lead ...