How can I get the reference of nested report in datawindow?

I will like to insert or modify data in nested report.
I am using pb65.

thanks.

simon

0
simon

Simon,
    Reference the DataWindow's GetChild() function in the on-line help.

HTH
Mark DeRosa
CPD

simon wrote in message ...
>I will like to insert or modify data in nested report.
>I am using pb65.
>
>thanks.
>
>simon

0
Mark
8/21/1999 12:09:04 AM
GetChild() can only get reference to dddw or to a report in a composite dw.
it can't get reference to nested report.

simon

0
simon
8/21/1999 3:32:12 AM
Use the dot notation. e.g.

dw_1.Object.nt_cutomer.Object.Data = dw_customer.Object.Data

--
MANAGING DIRECTOR,
FREEMAN CHAN

CREST MART SDN. BHD.
N0. 41B, JALAN R 1/3,
RAWANG INTEGRATED INDUSTRIAL PARK,
48000 RAWANG,
SELANGOR DARUL EHSAN, MALAYSIA.

TEL: 603-60933128
FAX: 603-60932188
E-MAIL: cresmart@tm.net.my

0
Freeman

how can i get a reference to a nested report?
TIA -- Savoulidis Iordanis Athens - Greece Look at the online help for the GetChild ( ) and datawindowchild object type. Savoulidis Iordanis wrote in message ... > >TIA >-- >Savoulidis Iordanis >Athens - Greece > > Getchild concerns only composite reports and dddws. Not what I need. I want to use RowsCopy() getting the rows from a NESTED report. You need to use dot notation. Suppose you have datawindowcontrol dw_1 which contains a nested report called d_report in the column col_report. dw_1.Object.col_report[1].Object.d_report dw_...

Urgent
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1. I have a report with the following layout: Datawindow A contain Datawindow B, Datawindow B contain Datawindow C And I want to get a reference to Datawindow C. However, I tried to use GetChild() for Datawindow B. It retured -1. Thus, I also tried to get another Datawindow D which is nested in Datawindow A and no nested datawindow nested in it. Then, using GetChild is worked for this case. Am I missing something?? is there any other way round?? Any ideas or suggestion are welcome. Thanks in Advance. Best Regards, Andy Cheung ...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Getting reference to nested reports
In PB 6.5, I can't do a GetChild to get access to a nested report, unless the DW is a Composite. Anyone know if that has changed in PB 7/8? The limitation is still there in 7.x and 8.0. -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com http://www.exp.com/app/expertProfile?expertID=512231 "Jim Deerkoski" <jimdeer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E4m5U0rSBHA.210@forums.sybase.com... > In PB 6.5, I can't do a GetChild to get access to a nested report, unless > the DW is a Composite. > > Anyone know i...

getting the reference to a nested report
Hi, I have a tabular report (dw_list) with in the detail band a nested report (dw_nested). How can I get a reference to the nested report?? In a composite report one can do something like: datawindowchild ldwc dw_composite.getchild("nameNestedReport",ldwc) ldwc.SetTransObject(SQLCA) ldwc.insertrow(0) ... (or one can use sharedata to fill the nested report) However, if dw_list is not a composite report, dw_list.getchild("nameNestedReport",ldwc) DOES NOT WORK Is there a way to get the reference to the nested report?? Is the...

How can I reference to a Nested Report?
how can i have access to a nested report? I need to change its SQL in runtime. I've tried with GetChild, but it returns -1 PB7.0 Win XP Thanks in advance Manuel; You have to use the "Dot" notation ... Assuming you have a nested DWO called "DW#2" with a Text object inside of that called "st_Title": DC.Object.DW#2.Object.st_Title.Background.Color = rgb (192, 192, 192) I still have no idea why Sybase has not allowed us to use the GetChild( ) on that type of DWO! HTH Regards ... Chris <Manuel> wrote in message news:44771f...

Get Reference to a nested datawindow
Hi all!... I have a little problem. I 'm using PB 8 and i need to get reference to a nested dw in a main dw. I have main datawindow, say dw_print, and a nested dw called dw_1. I'm trying to use dot syntax to get reference to nested datawindow dw_1, as i have read in old posts, but i take an error when applying this solution. In the old posts (relatively to PB 7) someone suggested to use this notation: ====================================================== dwcontrol.Object.nestedcontrolname { [row ] } .Object.dwcontrolname. & property { .property } { = value }...

How to get reference of a nested report in a dw?
Hi, I can use GetChild() method to get reference of report in a composite dw, but it failed(return -1) to get reference of nested report in a dw. How can i get reference of a nested report in a dw? Best Regards Johnson Here is the example in powerbuilder help : In this example, dw_1 is composite report, emp_state is the name of the nested report (datawindowchild) and state_child is the reference to this datawindowchild. DataWindowChild state_child integer rtncode rtncode = dw_1.GetChild('emp_state', state_child) IF rtncode = -1 THEN MessageBox( & ...

Getting a reference to a nested report object.
Hi guys, Anyone know a way of getting a reference to a nested report object. I almost want to do something like reportObjectDataType reportObject for i = rows to 0 step -1 reportObect = dw_main.GetItemReport('nested_report_name', rownumber) var = reportObject.value if var = 'this' then dw_main.deleteRow(i) end if next I realise that this won't work but hope it shows what I am trying to do... Could really use some help, it will be a mission to change the report to to return the rows I dont' want in the first place (belive it...

Getting a reference/handle to nesteds reports
I have a datawindow with several nested reports. I wish to get a handle to each of them and then try and export their contents to flat text. I thought <dw_control>.getchild(<'name of nested report'>,<datawindowchild variable>) would work, but it returns a -1. I'm using PB6.5, Windows2000 Pro. It is absolutely correct and must work. Check for the correctness of 'name of nested report'. Stuart_O'_Donnell wrote: > I have a datawindow with several nested reports. > > I wish to get a handle to each of them and then try...

How to get data from nested report in datawindow?
I am using PB6.5 I used an nested report in current datawindow to get some data from database and I need to use data retrieved from nested report to compute in current window , and I do not how? Any help is apreciated... Mladen Mladen, If your nested report is on a composite DW and it doesn't itself have nested reports in it then you can use GetChild() to get a ref to the nested report then use the ref to call typical DW functions. Use those functions to grab the data and do what you want with it. If GetChild() doesn't work (because your DW doesn't match...

Getting a reference to a DW in a nested report
I need to get a reference to a datawindow in a nested report. The format (dw_1.Object.rpt_1) gets me a dwObject reference. I need an actual datawindow reference. Please, no off the cuff answers (and flat out uninformed answers). TeamPS preferred. Mail or post answer (preferably both) at wmarshal@ca.coopers.com. Wade Marshall Coopers & Lybrand Consulting Edmonton, AB, Canada. Wade, There are quite a few restrictions when dealing with nested DWs. Is this a true nest (i.e., an instance per master row), or a nest inside a composite? You can get a child handle on a nest ...

can't reference nested report
I'm using PB6.5 and i want to composite a new function to change all window control: editmask, datawindow and userobject which contain the colum, compute field, nested report with date and datetime mask from user parameter: date format 'dd/mm/yyyy' or 'mm/dd/yyyy. This is challenge to me in the part of nested report since i can't refer objects inside nested report by PB describe function, e.g. dw_1.describe(dw_column_name + '.object.datawindow.objects') where dw_column_name is column name varible which show the PB assigns it an arbitrary name e.g. '...

How can I get the data from Nested Report, Any Clue
Hi guys, Can anybody help me to get the data from nested report in summary band. There are two rows and six columns in that nested report. I would like to access and modify that datain nested report. Does anyone here have any clue. The first report has all the details and nested report has grouping and both depends on a stored procedure to get the data. I need to access that data and modify it. I tried declaring child datawindow but that is getting whole lot of data. What i need is only those two rows and 6 columns of data. Thanks in advance Hi, How about using dot nota...

Web resources about - How can I get the reference of nested report in datawindow? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo