How can I get info about the version of an EXE

Should I use:

GetFileVersionInfo .ecc

or is this an easier way ??

Thnaks

1
Mirko

That or you can look at: of_GetFileVersionInfo

http://www.pfcguide.com/extensions/ext_0014.asp contains an userobject
called
n_cst_winsrv_shell32 that sports a function called of_GetFileVersionInfo()
--
the code is courtesy of Simon Caldwell.

0
Dawn_Brown_Eyes_

<Dawn_Brown_Eyes_[TeamSybase]> ha scritto nel messaggio
> That or you can look at: of_GetFileVersionInfo
>

> http://www.pfcguide.com/extensions/ext_0014.asp contains an userobject
> called
> n_cst_winsrv_shell32 that sports a function called of_GetFileVersionInfo()
> --
> the code is courtesy of Simon Caldwell.

0
Mirko
5/16/2002 6:09:01 AM
I have used this code, but I have a question, I have
WIN2000 Italian, if I try to get file version of
Explorer.exe , it returns the rights data, using :
Language 0410 Charset 04b0

if I try on the pb.exe it returns the returns the right values using:
Language 0409 Charset 04e4

if I try on an exe created by PB it doesnt returns the right values becuase
it uses:
Language 0409 Charset 1252

if I set the charset to 04e4 it works;

Can you (or Roy Kielser) explain me what is the problem ?
Is it a compatibility problem with Win2000 Italian ??

Thanks in advance

0
Mirko

How can I change the version info in my EXE?
Hi. How can I change the version info in the EXE file of my application? The Builder writes there its own version (e.g. 6.5.1.620) and a few other pieces of information which I would like to change.... TIA, Rado Balvan datalock a.s. SVK From what I have read the general consensus seems to be that you cannot change this information reliably (check deja.com for more info). However, if you go to sdn.sybase.com you can vote for the ability to change this information to be included in the next version of PB. Kevin Lindsay Forward Vision Group "Radoslav Balva...

Getting the exe Version Info PB 8
Now that we can version our .exe (PowerBuilder 8.0)...am I to understand that I must code an API call and then translate the return from ulong to hexidecimal to the desired languag format in order to get that version as a string? Please.....someone tell me it is not true!!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ J. Christopher McCauley PDMS General Physics Corporation (925) 363 9672 (Fax) (925) 363 9669 jc_mccauley@mindspring.com You can use a wrapper DLL to return the information to you. Roy (with Simon's help) wrote one for you already: http://www.pfcguide.com/extension...

How i get the version info from any resource file (dll or exe)
Hello: How i get the version info from any resource file (dll or exe). The info is: File Description, Product Version, Company Name, Internal Name, Original Filename, Private Build, Special Build, Legal Copyright, Legal Trademarks, Language, Comments and OS. Thanks Diego Alvarez In article <u4Uo2mfk$GA.285@forums.sybase.com>, dlalvarez@altavista.net says... > Hello: > > How i get the version info from any resource file (dll or exe). The info is: > File Description, Product Version, Company Name, Internal Name, Original > Filename, Private Build,...

How to get PB 11.1 Deployment Version Info from .EXE
I noticed that in PB 11.1 now you can enter in information on a Tab called Version in the Project Object. Now, this is NOT for Winform. I mean just regular project. On this tab, you can enter the Product Version and File Version information under 'Executable Version used by Installer'. There are four boxes: major, minor, build, revision for both Product Version and File Version. Now, is there anyway to get to these numbers during Runtime? If so, how? Otherwise, what's the point of all of this? Also, what is the 'Installer' here? Is there an installer t...

can't get the exe version of TB 2 to run
I installed TB 2.0 on my win98 machine. When I clicked on the icon to start TB, it would do nothing. I would appear in the task manager and thats it. It would not start up. I downloaded the zipped version of TB 2.0 from here: http://ilias.ca/ftp/, and I can get that to work. So, I have no idea why the zip version works and not the exe version. So, I took the thunderbird.exe out of the zipped version, and put it into the exe version. Now, when I click to start it, it works. So, I don't know what the difference is between the two. All I know is it works. -- Pl...

Help on how to get Product Version and File Version on exe file
Hi All, Is there a way of getting the Product and File version of my pb application during runtime? Is there a pb function I can use or do I have to use an API function to do this? Currently using PB 9.0.1 Build 7171 Regards and Thanks, Willie ...

New version 2.xx is terrible. Can I get old version?
Name: Allan Johnston Email: gramjonatsbcglobaldotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: New version 2.xx is terrible. Can I get old version? Comments: The latest Thunderbird download version, 2.xx has eliminated menus we use and has slowed our computer to a crawl. If the previous version is still available I would appreciate your forwarding it to us so we can get back to having a working program. Otherwise it's back to MS Outlook Express. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Getting Version Info
Hi, I am trying to figure out how to include The version information about my app in the "AboutBox" I would like the information to be updated each time I compile or build the project. (Short of writing the information in manually) It's easy enough to create the About Box I think it would be a nice tough to have the latest information about the program listed. I am using BCPPB Version 6 Thanks for any help you can send my way. Pat Pat Clancy wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to figure out how to include The version information about my app in the "...

Hate version 3. Can I get a 2.x version and dump this one?
Name: Tom Hamilton Email: tommyt099atnetzerodotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Hate version 3. Can I get a 2.x version and dump this one? Comments: As written above. I have Windows Vista Premium and would will unload this version of Firefox (3.07). I would like to get the 22.x version back. Is it still available, and if so, where do I get it? If it is not available, I will seek another web browser. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives ...

Version of Powerbuilder from exe
I have an application that I'm taking on for support. Is there any way that I can tell the exact version of Power Builder that was used to build the application? Find the PBVM***.DLL file deployed with the application in Windows Explorer and right click and choose Properties. Then go to the Version tab. <Gary McGibbon> wrote in message news:4b0171db.642a.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have an application that I'm taking on for support. > Is there any way that I can tell the exact version of Power > Builder that was used to build the application? On Nov 17...

Exe version info
Hi, I'm working with pb65 and trying to obtain/modify the version info embedded into the exe files (that that you can see in the version tab of the properties window when right-click a file). I'm trying with delphi and a component called Tversioninfo, but its works fine for almost all kind of exes, but no for powerbuilder exes. Anyway this component only can obtain the info, not modify it. Anyone know how to do this, or at least an approach. TIA Pablo For modifying version information on PB6 executables, the only game in town is VersionEdit from E Cra...

Web resources about - How can I get info about the version of an EXE - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global Android version distribution since December 2009. As of September 2013, Android 4.1/4.2 Jelly Bean is the most widely-used Android version, ...

Microsoft developing iPhone version of its Swype-like Word Flow keyboard for Windows Phone
... For more news on Apps , Microsoft , and Keyboards continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Microsoft developing iPhone version ...

Next-gen Porsche 911 may include plug-in hybrid version
Filed under: Green , Porsche , Coupe , Electric , Future , Hybrid , Luxury , Performance Porsche 911 product line director Dr. Erhard Mossle ...

Microsoft is making a special version of 'Minecraft' for the classroom — here's why
Today, Microsoft announced "Minecraft: Education Edition," a special version of the smash-hit game that's designed for the classroom. To make ...

Deadpool Red Band Trailer Gets An Animated Version
... signature delivery and the comic-book-come-to-life feel , why wouldn't you? Then you'll at least tolerate this spliced together animated version! ...

Betas for new iOS and OS X versions go public
Now you can try out the latest and greatest operating systems for Apple’s flagship products with public betas for both iOS 9.3 and OS X El Capitan ...

'The Flash' Season 2 Spoilers: Grant Gustin On Whether Zoom Is Actually Evil Version Of Barry
"The Flash" star Grant Gustin opened up on what he thinks about the popular fan theory suggesting that Zoom is actually an evil version of Barry. ...

Pakistan ends YouTube ban after custom version launches
YouTube is now officially back in Pakistan, following the launch of a localized version of the site last week, Reuters reports. The Pakistan ...

See More Honest Versions Of Posters For Oscar Nominees And Films That Were Snubbed
These fake posters for 2015's prestige films are more direct than the real ones. A lot of people are upset about the lack of diversity among ...

Yes, Fox Really Should Make A PG-13 Version Of 'Deadpool'
For those who don't know or don't care, "Beyond the Trailer" host Grace Randolphdropped a video on January 13th basically complaining that releasing ...