How can I change the version info in my EXE?

Hi.

How can I change the version info in the EXE file of my application?

The Builder writes there its own version (e.g. 6.5.1.620) and a few
other pieces of information which I would like to change....

TIA,
Rado Balvan
datalock a.s.
SVK

0
Radoslav

From what I have read the general consensus seems to be that you cannot
change this information reliably (check deja.com for more info).  However,
if you go to sdn.sybase.com you can vote for the ability to change this
information to be included in the next version of PB.

Kevin Lindsay
Forward Vision Group

"Radoslav Balvan" <balvanra@datalock.sk> wrote in message
> How can I change the version info in the EXE file of my application?
> The Builder writes there its own version (e.g. 6.5.1.620) and a few
> other pieces of information which I would like to change....
> TIA,
> Rado Balvan
> datalock a.s.
> SVK

0
Kevin
12/16/1999 5:16:48 PM
Rado,

My company has a product, VersionEdit, that will do this.  It will also let
you modify version resources in a any standard EXE, DLL, OCX, etc.

Visit www.ecrane.com to get more information.

Regards,

Phil

Radoslav Balvan <balvanra@datalock.sk> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> How can I change the version info in the EXE file of my application?
>
> The Builder writes there its own version (e.g. 6.5.1.620) and a few
> other pieces of information which I would like to change....
>

> TIA,
> Rado Balvan
> datalock a.s.
> SVK

0
Phil
12/16/1999 6:10:29 PM
On Thu, 16 Dec 1999 13:10:29 -0500, "Phil Wallingford"
<philw@ecrane.com> wrote:

>My company has a product, VersionEdit, that will do this.  It will also let
>you modify version resources in a any standard EXE, DLL, OCX, etc.
Why doesn't that surprise me?<g>

Phil, do you currently have (or have plans for) the ability to do this
with Java jar files?

Jon Credit[TeamSybase]
CPD Professional PB6
DONT_SPAM_ME_JCredit@Sprynet.com