Help...Working on one machine and not another

Hi All:

I am having some strange problems with an install.  I am developing using pb
7.0.2.  My application works fine on my test machines (98 and NT w/ service
pack 4), but some things are not working on the client machine.  I am
developing on 98 machine, but have compiled on both 98 and NT in trying to
resolve the issue. My client is using NT w/ service pack 6.  I am looking
for pointers as to where to start looking for the problem.  Any direction
would be greatly appreciated.  (Client is getting agitated)  Please help.

John J. Brutin

begin 666 John J Brutin.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..D)R=71I;CM*;VAN#0I&3CI*
M;VAN($H@0G)U=&EN#0I/4D<Z1G)E:6=H="!,;V=I> T*5$E43$4Z4')E<VED
M96YT#0I414P[5T]22SM63TE#13HU,3DT,C8R,#$Q#0I414P[5T]22SM&05@Z
M-3$Y-#(V-3,P-PT*14U!24P[4%)%1CM)3E1%4DY%5#IJ8G)U=&EN0&MW:6,N
F8V]M#0I2158Z,C P,# V,C-4,C(T,#(U6@T*14Y$.E9#05)$#0H`
`
end

0
John

You may get some more useful help more quickly if you are specific about your
symptoms besides "doesn't work". Do you get error messages? Do you get any of
your application windows open. Does the problem happen right away or only after
a few hours of use? When you start your app, does the screen go black and the
hard drive start to melt? <g>

The more information you can give us, the more helpful we're likely to be.

Let us know,

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:40:25 -0700,
John J. Brutin <jbrutin@kwic.com> wrote:
>Hi All:
>
>I am having some strange problems with an install.  I am developing using pb
>7.0.2.  My application works fine on my test machines (98 and NT w/ service
>pack 4), but some things are not working on the client machine.  I am
>developing on 98 machine, but have compiled on both 98 and NT in trying to
>resolve the issue. My client is using NT w/ service pack 6.  I am looking
>for pointers as to where to start looking for the problem.  Any direction
>would be greatly appreciated.  (Client is getting agitated)  Please help.
>
>John J. Brutin

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit and
winner of PowerTimes 1999 "Little Helper of the Year"

Terry

HELP: One works; One does not work
http://www.am920woky.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html?refreshed=yes http://www.newstalk1130.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html?refreshed=yes The top URL works fine when pasted into my Firefox 2.0.0.6. However, when I paste the 2nd one, it will not work. Any thoughts? I have WMP 11 installed. I have Windows XP Home. Not sure if any other information is needed in order for someone to possibly solve this problem. Thanks!!! On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:38:44 -0500, in message <8ZWdnVwA6_3YDy7bnZ2dnUVZ_vGinZ2d@mozilla.org>, Michael McKenney wrote: > http://w...

Another wierd occurence. DNN modules fail on one machine and work on another.
I am working with a patner to add content to a couple of portals. I created a tab for just the 2 of us as admistrators for file storage, calendar, tasks, etc. Every module on the page fails for him on his PC and returns server errors but works great from my PC. We are working only a few miles apart. Examples: clicking on an image in the free simple image gallery does nothing. clicking on a download in the free downloads module returns a server error. creating an event and trying to enter multiple dates returns a server error. Every once in a while he can't even get to ...

EAS server work for one Id but not another
Sybase central seems to be running ok with both asa and dynamo for one ID in NT but another ID (newly created) did not have the plug-in shown for dynamo. How do I get it work for the other ID? the root directory for Sybase has been moved to another disk to fix disk space problem.. PowerBuilder seems to be running OK except for the missing Sybase central functions and database access for the new NT ID Gary, Try re-installing. This is pretty strange. Scott "Gary" <GaryNoMail@nomail.nil> wrote in message news:7jZbsVTTAHA.269@forums.sybase.com... > ...

works on one page does not work on another
i dont understand why this is not working i have spent 2 days and i ettign close to my deadline please help me if you can. im going to post cs file first then html- im working with VSudio.net and c# problem is i get an invalid cast type. i did th exact same thing on another page i dont understand why it isnt working now. namespace CM.Shop.mainarea { using System; using System.Data; using System.Data.SqlClient; using System.Drawing; using System.Web; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; using System.Collection...

Same web service reference working on one machine, failing on another
Hi, I am having a problem with a web service reference. I reference a web service and on my local machine it works fine. When I copy it onto another machine the web service isn't found. I get: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: http://tempuri.org/BuildTitle.I have checked the properties of the web reference and it points to the right place in both cases. I can see the web service when I use a browser from the machine it is failing on. I thought it might be my machine.config but other projects on this machine are able to reference the same web service. I am at a c...

How to copy an application from one machine to another machine
Hello,  I've seen online that an ASP.NET site which has been designed on one computer won't work when moved/copied to another computer.  I found a couple of articles which mention that if you go to IIS , browse for your folder (the ASP.NET website) , right click on the folder, properties->Create it will convert the folder to an application and then you can execute it without raising an error... But I can't find the folder/the ASP.NET website in IIS?  So I haven't been able to "Create it".. Could anyone help me out please? ...

Imagebutton works in one page, does not work in another. Why?
I have two pages, both of which display an imagebutton that, when clicked, displays the full-sized image. In one case this works perfectly, in the other it does not, even though the imagebutton shows the image and puts the same code into the HTML.  The code in both pages is identical except for trivial differences such as control names.Page GDB2.aspx: The image button is set with: -     ImbIndi.ImageUrl = document.DOCPathDebugging: the immediate window shows    ?Imbindi.imageurl    "~\UploadedDocs\robertb\7.bmp"The page display...

Copy a file from one machine to another machine
Edited by moderator XIII: Please read this article: How to post on forums Hai All, I need a Help. How to copy a file from One Machine to another Machine in the same Network using C#. Please Enlighten me.   Thanx, Karthik.A   Hi, use the System.IO.File.Copy() method. You can lay a network share to the other server so the destination address becomes accessible. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. But i need to do it without Share if it's possible thro! FTP . I need the code. ...

Copy files from one machine to another machine
--0-1622779252-1267620021=:77322 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Hi all, I need to copy files from one machine to another machine. I need to use Net::SCP module . Can you please give/help me small Perl snippet which will copy the files Please advice Regards Irfan. --0-1622779252-1267620021=:77322-- On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM, Irfan Sayed <irfan_sayed2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to copy files from one machine to another machine. I need to use Net::SCP module . > Can you please give/help me small Perl snippet whi...

Session fails to work on one server but works on another... (same project)
Ok, I have a strange problem, I use session on one computer and it works, however using the same project on another computer makes the session fail...  Im assigning an object to the session and yes, its set to serialize...   What could be the reason for this kind of behaviour?  check how much RAM the other machine has. If available RAM is too low then asp worker process get recycled, and you loose your sessions. Other reason might be, u r using SQL server as u r session manager, but that sql server doesnt exists in other machine. check theseRaghu(MCSD.NET, MCAD.NET, MCDB...

Help with copying data from one gridview to another gridview on another page
Hello,I have a page, frmJobListings.aspx, with a data grid that is populated with data from a table called, tblJobPostings.  I would like to copy all rows of data from three of the columns, JobRefNum, JobRequirements, and JobTitle on the page and populate a datagrid on another page called, frmJobDetails when I click on a button called, btnJobDetailBuilder. Problem: When I click on the btnJobDetailBuilder the page frmJobDetails opens but does not display the datagrid, errors, or any information.  I know that I need to do a data bind, but not sure if or how to databind to the 'Re...

Selecting data from one table, and counting from another in one query. Help!
Hello,I wrote a news system that has a commenting system. Instead of having to actually keep track of the number of comments inside the news table, I want to get the count directly from the NewsComments table. So my tables:News: id, author, subject, postdate, news, category, commentcountNewsComments:Id, Author, Message, postDate, IP, Browser, NewsId As you can see, when a new comment is posted I have to update the comment count. I don't want to do that. I basically need to select all rows from the news (WHERE Category = 'CATID'), and at the same time COUNT the number of COMM...

SQL access works for database on same machine as IIS but fails when connecting to another machine
I have been developing a web app against a sql server that resides on the same machine as the IIS server and up to now have had no problems. I have recently set up a connection to a sql server (QA) which is in the same domain but on a different machine and I get a no access error when I try to navigate to a page that pulls data from QA. I only have a problem when I run from the published web site, not when I run it from my local host.  I think there might be an issue with the IIS configuration or maybe a missing asp account but I'm not sure and the guy who w...

One PowerBuilder app triggering an event on another PowerBuilder app's Frame
Running 2 concurrent PowerBuilder apps (both MDI). Is there a way to trigger a user event on the frame of one of the apps from the other? I can get a handle to the frame window, and I am guessing that a Send() of some kind would do the trick, but I don't know which parameters to use or where the parameters for the Send() are documented. Thanks for the help. I recently had the same situation. You can use send or post to send a message to a window in another application. First you need the handle of the window you are sending the message to. Since it is in another applica...

Web resources about - Help...Working on one machine and not another - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The working class (also lower class , labouring class , proletariat , or laboring class ) are those employed in lower tier, subordinate jobs. ...

Kenny Mayne Says Working at ESPN Beats ‘Real Work’
SportsCenter anchor Kenny Mayne has reached a new, multi-year agreement to remain with ESPN. Mayne, who returned to the SportsCenter anchor desk ...

Mercedes-AMG working on a successor to the SLR?
... the Mercedes SLR McLaren, debating whether to build a 650-hp front-engined or a 1,050-hp mid-engined coupe. Continue reading Mercedes-AMG working ...

Is Apple working on its own version of Microsoft’s incredible HoloLens project?
... a person's home and then use it to deliver augmented content to the user. It's similar to the incredible HoloLens product Microsoft is working ...

On IDPD, working toward a more accessible and inclusive world
... us to make Google, and the world, more inclusive, we asked four Googlers from our Disability Alliance to share more about what they’re working ...

The 14 most impressive AI scientists working at Google DeepMind
Google DeepMind, a group of approximately 140 people aiming to "solve intelligence" in London, is arguably one of the most interesting technology ...

Verizon's working Minecraft cell phone makes blocky video calls
Video calls and Internet surfing in Minecraft are now possible with a Verizon cell phone that functions inside the game. Just don't expect high-def. ...

Apple may be working on a multicolor 3D printer
... new printer since the heady days of the LaserWriter 8500 in 1997, but a new patent application published today suggests that Apple may be working ...

PR Guru Working For Clinton Server IT Firm Donated To Hillary’s Campaign
PR Guru Working For Clinton Server IT Firm Donated To Hillary’s Campaign

The Arkham Origins developer is working on two new DC Comics games
WB Montreal, the developer most well-known for 2013's Batman: Arkham Origins , looks like it's again focusing on comics for its second big project. ...