Help to get column count from HTML datawindow using JavaScript

Hi all,

How to get column count in HTML datawindow, using javascript.

If i use dw_control.Describe("DataWindow.Column.Count"), the it shows
errors, "Object does not support this property"

Is it any way to get column count from HTML datawindow using JavaScript?

Rammurali krishnan B

0
bgb

datawindow.column.count not returning column count using dot or Describe
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? ...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Help:Unique Count/Sum of the datawindow column
In my data window the data is displaying in the following scenarios. I need unique count of the QTY and CNT. I am trying using PB functions(SUM & COUNT) in the expression window. But it is not displaying the way i want. Can anyone please help me how to solve this problem? First Scenario: ID QTY CNT 1 2 2 1 2 2 2 2 1 2 2 1 3 2 2 3 2 2 ------------------------- TOT 2 5 -->T...

Get 2nd column data using javascript

How to create dynamic columns in the Datawindow Using powerbuilder

using multiple columns in CrossTab HTML Datawindows
Hi, I am having a problem trying to get a crosstab html datawindow to show all of the columns I have selected. e.g. I have three columns selected "office_name", "party_name", "candidate_name". The top column doesn't want to retrieve and display in the browser but it will in the preview box in the datawindow painter. I am using PB8. If anyone has come across this or has a solution please let me know. Thanks in advance! jamey Check your output HTML and see if it is there but isn't visible. If it is there then take a look at the HTML a...

how to get rid of null column in html datawindow?
hi, I have a datawindow in crosstab style. Where are some null column in the web page table, it looks not very good. I found powerbuilder insert many <TD></TD> in the web table. How can I do to get rid of it. TIA You can't. PB has to preserve the cell or the table will not be balanced. What would you prefer? You may want to modify the select statement to return " " instead of null. If the columns that contain nulls is limited you could do this via a computed column (if (isnull(column), " ", column)). HTH, steve [TeamSybase] ...

getting complier error while using Html in email body......help
hello everyone, i am try to create a HTML in the body of a email . i keep getting a complier error (" Error 1 Only assignment, call, increment, decrement, and new object expressions can be used as a statement") my code is as follows. can someone please tell me where i am going wrong. Email.Body = GetEmailBody Email.IsBodyHtml = "True" string GetEmailBody = ""; "<html>";------------------------------------- i get error over here"<body>";----------------------- get error over here "<span style=...

Hide and display of column groups in the html table using javascript
   HI    I have a table with treeview and column headers as group. The column header  span value is ="7". like this I have more than one column header. Each column header will have +/- image. When I click on the image the columns under the column header either display or hide. (I am able to handle the rows display and hiding by using the treeview with div tags).How can I achieve this by using the javascript or any other technique. It would be a great help to me.   Thanks, Venu ...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

Help: How to create html child element using string value with javascript
Hi All,       I have created html popup using javascript. In that popup, i have manipulate some values in html table. Now , I have two questions, first one is,       How to get popup window's html table values from parent window.(i.e) opener window. second one is,   I have a string variable contains  following value:                 <TR class="tableHeader" bgcolor="WhiteSmoke">      &nb...

Using Javascript to get resulting html objects and pass to new window?
Is there a way to use Javascript to identify and get the html from objects on the screen? I have several datagrids in a report in ASP.NET and I would like to take their resulting html grids on the browser page and feed them in to a new window with Javascript. Thanks in a advance for any ideas or thoughts on this. Look at innerHTML and outerHTML properties of HTML element Hello - In my datagrid - i have a hyperlink colum that pops up a window when the user clicks on it... <Columns> <asp:HyperLinkColumn DataNavigateUrlField="item_id" Text="De...

How to get the value from a textbox of a datagrid template column while in edit mode using client javascript
Hi, I have added a template column to my datagrid, and in EditItemTemplate tags i am displaying an asp textbox <EditItemTemplate> <asp:TEXTBOX id=TextBox1 Text='<%# Container.DataItem("MyDataField) %>' Runat="server"></asp:TEXTBOX> </EditItemTemplate> i need to get the value of the textbox using a client side scripting language like Javascript. i tried the document.forms[0].TextBox1.value option but does not work I need a solution for this Waiting for replies. i'm trying to figure out the same thing, my current m...

How to use CSS in HTML Datawindow when PB tags each object/column w/font and other attributes?
How can I take advantage of a CSS which I have coded in my web page, when the PB datawindow passes in attibutes re: font, style and so on? Is there any way to refer to an externally-maintained style sheet and its various styles when composing a new datawindow so that upon presentation in the HTML page the datawindow's contents will be displayed according to the rules set out in the style sheet? Thanks for any help Hal Hagan I do not believe this is possible. I have added case 208880 requesting this functionality from development. Regards, Dan van Leeuwen On Fr...

Web resources about - Help to get column count from HTML datawindow using JavaScript - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo