Help! How do you link differents datawindow objects to a datawindow control during runtime?

I am developing a system in which I need to link a Datawindow control
with
differents Datawindow objects in runtime.Therefore, I set the Datawindow

control property DATAOBJECT with the value of the datawindow object I
want
(dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object1"), and then I change it with other values

during execution, doing dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object2" in the script
(of course then I do dw_1.settransobject(transaction_object)...).
When I run the system into PowerBuilder's environment (with the Run
painter),
THE SYSTEM WORKS. I made the executable without problem (no errors), BUT

(and this is my problem) when I run it, an error occurs: the error is:
"Application terminated.Null object reference at line..."
I don't know why the application object runs OK with the Run Painter
(the changes of datawindows objects during execution work),
but in  the executable don't (I have the dll's runtime, and there is no
conectivity problem).
I'm looking forward for your help. (Maybe I can't set different
dataobjects to a datawindow control simply changing the string of
it dataobject property, but I don't know what more I have to do, and,
if I have to do something more, Why does the application object work
when I
run it from the Run Painter?).
In the Company we have PowerBuilder Enterprise 5.0.
I've worked with PowerBuilder for two years.
Thank you very much.
My address is teabia@techint.tearg.com.ar

0
Rovedo

    Make certain that the datawindow objects exist in your compiled PBDs or
DLLs.  If they are not part of the library list, you'll need to include
references to them in the application's resource (PBR) file, so that they'll
be included with the executable.

Hth,
--
Anthony M. Perugini
Principal Consultant

Rovedo Pablo wrote in message <3496D99B.93488C07@techint.techint.com.ar>...
>I am developing a system in which I need to link a Datawindow control
>with
>differents Datawindow objects in runtime.Therefore, I set the Datawindow
>
>control property DATAOBJECT with the value of the datawindow object I
>want
>(dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object1"), and then I change it with other values
>
>during execution, doing dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object2" in the script
>(of course then I do dw_1.settransobject(transaction_object)...).
>When I run the system into PowerBuilder's environment (with the Run
>painter),
>THE SYSTEM WORKS. I made the executable without problem (no errors), BUT
>
>(and this is my problem) when I run it, an error occurs: the error is:
>"Application terminated.Null object reference at line..."
>I don't know why the application object runs OK with the Run Painter
>(the changes of datawindows objects during execution work),
>but in  the executable don't (I have the dll's runtime, and there is no
>conectivity problem).
>I'm looking forward for your help. (Maybe I can't set different
>dataobjects to a datawindow control simply changing the string of
>it dataobject property, but I don't know what more I have to do, and,
>if I have to do something more, Why does the application object work
>when I
>run it from the Run Painter?).
>In the Company we have PowerBuilder Enterprise 5.0.
>I've worked with PowerBuilder for two years.
>Thank you very much.
>My address is teabia@techint.tearg.com.ar

begin 666 Anthony M Perugini.vcf
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D5#IA<&5R=6=I;FE <&EN;F1E8RYC;VT-"D5.1#I60T%21 T*
`
end

0
Anthony
12/16/1997 6:49:02 PM
> (and this is my problem) when I run it, an error occurs: the error is:
> "Application terminated.Null object reference at line..."

Do you reference some column that is into the DataObject? I had a problem
like yours and I solved that using GetItem()/SetItem() functions.

Vinicius Assef
Vitoria(ES), Brazil
e-mail: viniciusassef@writeme.com

0
Vinicius

IS A BUG?. How do you link differents datawindow objects to a datawindow control during runtime?
Pablo Rovedo wrote: >I am developing a system in which I need to link a Datawindow control with differents Datawindow objects in >runtime.Therefore, I set the Datawindow control property DATAOBJECT with the value of the datawindow object I want >(dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object1"), and then I change it with other values during execution, doing dw_1.dataobject = >"dw_object2" in the script (of course then I do dw_1.settransobject(transaction_object)...). >When I run the system into PowerBuilder's environment (with the Run painter),THE SYSTEM WORKS. ...

datawindow.object.datawindow.objects ?
Hi? I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? string ls_objects ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) I hope to get a list of the controls in the datawindow objects. TIA ..Describe("DataWindow.Objects") On 5 Jan 2006 23:30:30 -0800, "Robert" <jooong@empal.com> wrote: >Hi? > >I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? > >string ls_objects >ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) > >I hope to get a list of the controls in the dataw...

Help!!! Assign Datawindow into Datawindow object
Usually I used to assign a datawindow (dw_train) in a datawindow object (dw_1) in a window is go to propertise of datawindow object and browse for datawindow. My Question:- How to this action into pb script? If you want to assign datawindow 'd_my_dw' to a dw control dw_1 in your script, you would say dw_1.DataObject = 'd_my_dw' If you are going to make an executable, do not forget to include d_my_dw in your resource file. On Fri, 04 Dec 1998 07:34:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript CKS21 <cks21@tm.net.my> wrote: >Usually I used to...

Binding DataWindow object to DataWindow control
When we create a datawindow object we can bind it to datawindow control which actually i dont know to do, so i have dragged and dropped the objects onto a window then the source code generated is something like this dw_window is my window dw_1 is datawindow object on the window forward global type dw_window from window end type type st_1 from statictext within dw_window end type type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window end type end forward What this line of code specify? type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window Is it that by dragging and dropping it automatically cr...

Error in putting datawindow object in datawindow control
When I choose dataobject from the Datawindow Control's Property Tab and save, Powerbuilder always crashes. If I restart PowerBuilder, the dataobject is already saved. Could anybody help me??? Same thing happend to me in previous version of 902 7509 <Rachel> wrote in message news:418669eb.61f4.1681692777@sybase.com... > When I choose dataobject from the Datawindow Control's > Property Tab and save, Powerbuilder always crashes. If I > restart PowerBuilder, the dataobject is already saved. > Could anybody help me??? ...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Assigning Datawindow objects to controls at runtime
I'm using the v6.5 professional release. I am trying to use a single window with two data window controls on it and assign the datawindow objects at runtime in order to use several different datawindows objects without having to create separate windows for each. I can run just fine while in the powerbuilder environment but when compiled I get failures on the retrieve statement. If I explicitly assign the datwindow object in the dw painter it works fine. I'm using SQL Anwhere 5 and the following statement to assign the DW at runtime: dw_control_name.dataobject = 'name_o...

Datawindow object and DW control link
Hi, On a window, I have a dw control and in the properties of the dw control, I have chosen a dw object 'A' in the same pbl. I have a dw object 'B' with the same name in another pbl. When I open the window, the dw object which appears on the dw control is the wrong one 'B'. Why is that, although I have set a right path in the dw control - properties, the dw control gets the wrong object ? Rgds, Vinu Vinu On the datawindow control, you will notice that in the dataobject property only the datawindow object name is stored. No library or path infor...

Help !! Datawindow Transaction Object Control
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C19DA4.68879D40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello=20 I have 4 Datawindow Web Control 's inside a Html-Page. I want to use a = Datawindow Transaction Object Control with the Web Controls. The first Test AboutBox() doesn't work. The Methode "Connect()" works but the Methode "Rollback() doesn't work. Who can help me ? <HTML> <HEAD> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D"#cccccc" l...

HALDUU/CANU Replace the DataWindow Object dynamically in a DataWindow control
I have an existing datawindow control for which I need to present different looks depending on the department using the control. There is quite a bit of logic around it so what I wanted to do do was resave with a different name of my original datawindow object and then use either object in the control. Thus when 1 type of user comes in 1 dw object is displayed and used and when another user type comes in another dw object is used. I believe I could probably use .ShareData, but was hoping I could simply replace the datawindow object for a single control (have done something similar f...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Help: PowerBuilder 7.0 DataWindow control
How do you install the DataWindows Control (ActiveX) to a client through Internet? I've read through the documentation but can't fin ANY information about this and how to build a simple web based Datawindow application that access an ODBC database on the server side using IIS.... Please help... I got it working, its great. There are doc's available on sdn, thats where I got the instructions on how to do it. I'm using IIS / mts w/ Windows2000 and Microsoft Access as the back end. Jay Shohet "Jonas Falck" <jonas@skal.net> wrote in message...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

Look for quick help on saving DataObject(in DataWindow Control) at runtime
Dear all, I need your help very badly on solving a problem to save a DataObject. I have created a DataWindow Control, for simplicity, called dw_1. During run-time, I used this keyword - DataObject - to call up a particular DataWindow to display within dw_1. And I could bring up any other DataWindows from a pre-defined set at any one time as I wish. As declared below: this.DataObject = 'd_employee_payroll'' (default) or this.DataObject = 'd_employee_personals' or this.DataObject = 'd_employee_hours_worked' OK this is how it works. Fine. Let's ge...

Web resources about - Help! How do you link differents datawindow objects to a datawindow control during runtime? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Joue avec Emilie HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Joue avec Emilie HD on the App Store. Download Joue avec Emilie HD ...

Arduino R.O.B - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
ROB is controlled with a NES Pad through arduino. It has 7 led into its head. To perform differents animations depending on the direction you ...

Passerine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it has roughly twice as many species as the largest of the mammal orders, the Rodentia . It contains over 110 families, the second most of any ...

BAF contre Telenet / Belgacom, les opérateurs devront bloquer The Pirate Bay
aux fournisseurs d'accès à Internet Belgacom et Telenet. Les opérateurs devront mettre en place un blocage DNS de onze adresses associées au ...

Canada : climat extrême
Tableaux et graphiques illustrant le climat canadien; records et normales tout au long de l'année

OFEV - Etat de l'environnement
Dans cette rubrique, vous trouverez des informations actuelles sur l'état de l'environnement. Vous avez différents modes de recherche:

chanteur
Acteur Chanteur : Stars & celebrites - Acteur et chanteur – Decouvrez le meilleur des evenements culture, les livres sur acteur et chanteur francais, ...

Good morning from Stockholm
... now is how to lift it to the next level. Stockholm is a nice city. Pretty in its own right, but in a subtle way at places. It's a different ...

Price Drop: Ducati Challenge
... through the championship mode. Multiplayer ModeChallenge your friends in the Wi-Fi Multiplayer Mode with races for up to 4 players. Different ...

ASICS for Litecoin. Here They Come. – Bitcoin Magazine
ASICS for Litecoin. Here They Come. - Bitcoin Magazine