HELP!!! GPF access violation when i try to access to object.data of my nested report

I'am just trying to modify some columns in my nested report.
To do this i create a datastore for using in futur some dw function like
sort, group.

ids_groupbuf is a instance variable on my window

ids_groupbuf = create datastore
ids_groupbuf.dataobject = "dw_sif450_prt_1_cicg_detail"
ids_groupbuf.settransobject(it_trans)
ids_groupbuf.retrieve()

I modify something ....

ll_rowcount = ids_groupbuf.rowcount()

FOR ll_row=1 TO ll_rowcount
    ids_groupbuf.Object.cc_rca[ll_row] = ll_row
NEXT

And finally i try to put my modification on the nested report called
nst_cicg which is located in dw_report

dw_report.object.nst_cicg.object.data = ids_groupbuf.object.data

In the way explained in powerbuilder Online books:

>This example replaces all the data in the nested report in row 2 with
data from dw_2. The columns in the DataWindow object >in dw_2 must match
the columns
>in the DataWindow object for the nested report:
>
>dw_1.Object.NestRep[2].Object.Data =  dw_2.object.data

But i have a gpf in PB050.exe
Exception: Access violation (0xc0000005), Adress: 0x11101fb5

Tested in V5.0.04 and V6 on Windows NT4

Please, could somebody help me ?

Best regards.

Marra Roberto
Data Consulting S.A.
Com@dataco.ch

0
Marra

[...]

Need help creating Data Access Object for Access databases
I have a small web application that displays data from a desktop application, and I am updating it.  Converting DataGrids to ListViews, adding in some Ajax. I would like to create a DAO for the databases, but the desktop application from which I get the data has the WORST database design ever.  Think of it as forcing Access to work like a flat file - something you could do in Excel.  When trying to create a DAO with Visual Studio, VS sort of says "You want what..?" and I don;t know what to tell it. Typically the examples one finds through Google are using SQL ...

trying to object model and access data
Hi, I have 2 classes represnting business objects. EmployeeRecord.cs represents 1 row of a report which in turn is represented by the EmployeeReport.cs class. The latter inherits from ArrayList and I bind to a datagrid (similar to this by using public read-only properties in the EmployeeRecord class). However, there are 3 different types of Employee record which make up the report meaning that I know in advance that some cells (i.e. class members) in the report will be blank for certain types. However, I'm having to return blank strings in the database calls for thes...

PowerBuilder Crashes when trying to access data window data source
Hi there, I installed powerbuilder on a new computer and now it crashes when I open a data window and then try to access the data source (SQL). It bombs out completely with no error message. The version of powerbuilder is8.0 and it worked fine on the previous computer. I have regenerated the data window, exported and imported the data window etc but nothing seems to fix the problem. The problem also occurs if I make a new data window. I can access the database (oracle) in the database painter fine. Anyone any idea what is going on ? Thanks Hugh > I installed p...

access data... access...
Hi, I'm trying to handle a simple structured access db in c#... but I'm a bit confused on how to do it! How can I select, insert, edit and remove records from an access database? should I use datasets? Thanks I suggest reading microsoft's Documentation on ADO.Net. OleDb is the DataProvider you want to use if you're going against an Access DB. another thing: how can I get, having an opened oledbconnection, all the tables, and the fields in those tables, from the database?...

accessing nested report data
I have a datawindow with a nested report in the trailer group. The nested report has one piece of data called amount. How can I access that data in scripts for each group? I've tried unsuccessfully syntaxes like: dw_1.object.d_nested[4].object.amount[1] dw_1.object.d_nested.object.amount[1] dw_1.object.d_nested[4].object.amount Thanks The help file topic "Syntax for nested objects" should give you a good leg up. If I understand you correctly "amount" is in the trailer band for a group? > dw_1.object.d_nested[4].object.amount[1] This sho...

Access Data in Nested Report
Hy EveryBody I have a problem. I have a datawindow 'Free Form' with a nested report (datawindow Grid), and I want to access data from nested dw. I tried with GetChild, but doesn't work, error returned = -1. Anybody has some idea ? I use: PB.9.0.1 - 7066 Thanks Using Dot Notation, you can access the data inside the nested report in a tabular datawindow. A string is returned with each data item separated with tabs (~t) and each line separated by new lines (~r~n). You can parse them line by line and then column by column. Sample: Messagebox ('Data', strin...

Accessing a object in nested report
I have a dw dw_1 having nested report nest_rep1. There is nested report nest_rep2 in nest_rep1. I need to access computed field cf_1 of nest_rep2 in script. I tried this syntax but gives runtime error "Error accessing external object" dw_1.object.nest_rep1[1].object.nest_rep2[1].object .cf_1[1] However, accessing object of nest_rep works with below syntax dw_1.object.nest_rep[1].totaldue[1] gives proper output but acessing nested report object nest_rep2 fails. Can anyone provide solution about it? Thanks in Advance Vaishali The syntax looks fine. You may h...

Direct Data Access or Disconnected Data Access
For which one should i opt ? Direct Data Access or Disconnected Data Access ? I'm currently reading a book on ASP.NET 2.0 and both access methods are explained , but i would like to know what the general tendency is ? Do you opt for Direct or Disconneted access ? Thx Tom Neither one is really better than the other if you're speaking generally.  However, certain situations make one preferred over the other.  Connected access (data readers) is generally faster and uses less memory.  This is the preferred method when you have an application that demands the highest perfor...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

Web resources about - HELP!!! GPF access violation when i try to access to object.data of my nested report - sybase.powerbuilder.general

CP violation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In particle physics , CP violation (CP standing for Charge Parity ) is a violation of the postulated CP-symmetry (or Charge conjugation Parity ...

Microsoft Attacks Google for Privacy violations - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore MichalSpocko's photos on Flickr. MichalSpocko has uploaded 24 photos to Flickr.

Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez Denounces Civil Rights Violations in Puerto Rico - YouTube
February 16, 2011 - Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez (IL-4) spoke out against the Puerto Rican government's campaign to silence student protestors and ...

Gul defies Erdogan’s Twitter ban and calls move ‘violation of rights’
The content of Abdullah Gul’s message – and the way it was delivered – is a message to Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s religiously conservative government, ...

Russia closes 12 McDonald's restaurants over hygiene violations
Russia has temporarily closed 12 branches of McDonald's on health grounds and is carrying out more than 100 inspections, the US fast food chain ...

William sees red over second paparazzi violation
William sees red over second paparazzi violation

Report alleges labour violations at Apple supplier in China
Report claims dangerous conditions, labour violations at another Apple plant.

'Violation and betrayal': Low pay offer hurt ADF's fighting edge, say ADFA academics
Miserly pay approach potential threat to 'operational success', academics argue.

Nick Kyrgios issued code violation at Japan Open - The Courier-Mail Search Search
NICK Kyrgios has hit out at the Australian media following his loss to Frenchman Benoit Paire at the Japan Open on the weekend.