Having problems declaring external global function

Anybody have any problems declaring external functions?

I want to get the user's login name so I wanted to declare the GetUserNameA
API call, but I keep getting a syntax error.

FUNCTION long GetUserNameA(ref string user, ref long size) LIBRARY
"advapi32.dll"

Finally, I tried pasting a function straight out of the PB Help file:

FUNCTION boolean sndPlaySoundA (string SoundName, uint Flags) LIBRARY
"WINMM.DLL"

and I'm still getting a syntax error.

I'm using PB 7.0.2 on NT4sp5

Anybody know where I forgot to cross a "t" or dot an "i"? I've been staring
at this for quite a while (but of course, I'll probably spot it as soon as I
post the message on the newsgroup).

Anyway, thanks for any help you can provide.


1
Steve
3/30/2000 4:19:09 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 19 followers. Follow

7 Replies
982 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 7
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

Steve,

I'm using 7.0.2 build 8003 on NT 4.0 sp3

The first time I copied your external definition for sndPlaySoundA and tried to
save it as a local external function I got a syntax error.  On this particular
object I copied a global external function I already had to the local and it
saved... then I removed it leaving your definition and it saved.  Then I placed
your other API and it saved...  All I can say is try saving it 7 ways to Sunday
until is works!

-Charles

Steve Hansen wrote:

> Anybody have any problems declaring external functions?
>
> I want to get the user's login name so I wanted to declare the GetUserNameA
> API call, but I keep getting a syntax error.
>
> FUNCTION long GetUserNameA(ref string user, ref long size) LIBRARY
> "advapi32.dll"
>
> Finally, I tried pasting a function straight out of the PB Help file:
>
> FUNCTION boolean sndPlaySoundA (string SoundName, uint Flags) LIBRARY
> "WINMM.DLL"
>
> and I'm still getting a syntax error.
>
> I'm using PB 7.0.2 on NT4sp5
>
> Anybody know where I forgot to cross a "t" or dot an "i"? I've been staring
> at this for quite a while (but of course, I'll probably spot it as soon as I
> post the message on the newsgroup).
>
> Anyway, thanks for any help you can provide.

0
Charles
3/30/2000 7:04:29 PM
The problem with this is that I don't have ANY external functions that work,
so I can't even attempt to replicate your results. Not to mention that that
sounds like a pretty rocky solution.

In the meantime, anybody got any other ideas?

Charles Ginzel <cginzel@entergy.com> wrote in message
news:38E3A53D.241B8514@entergy.com...
> Steve,
>
> I'm using 7.0.2 build 8003 on NT 4.0 sp3
>
> The first time I copied your external definition for sndPlaySoundA and
tried to
> save it as a local external function I got a syntax error.  On this
particular
> object I copied a global external function I already had to the local and
it
> saved... then I removed it leaving your definition and it saved.  Then I
placed
> your other API and it saved...  All I can say is try saving it 7 ways to
Sunday
> until is works!
>
> -Charles
>
> Steve Hansen wrote:
>
> > Anybody have any problems declaring external functions?
> >
> > I want to get the user's login name so I wanted to declare the
GetUserNameA
> > API call, but I keep getting a syntax error.
> >
> > FUNCTION long GetUserNameA(ref string user, ref long size) LIBRARY
> > "advapi32.dll"
> >
> > Finally, I tried pasting a function straight out of the PB Help file:
> >
> > FUNCTION boolean sndPlaySoundA (string SoundName, uint Flags) LIBRARY
> > "WINMM.DLL"
> >
> > and I'm still getting a syntax error.
> >
> > I'm using PB 7.0.2 on NT4sp5
> >
> > Anybody know where I forgot to cross a "t" or dot an "i"? I've been
staring
> > at this for quite a while (but of course, I'll probably spot it as soon
as I
> > post the message on the newsgroup).
> >
> > Anyway, thanks for any help you can provide.
>


0
Steve
3/30/2000 8:20:49 PM
Put the declaration on a single line.

FUNCTION long GetUserNameA(ref string user, ref long size) LIBRARY
"advapi32.dll"

regards,
Bill


Steve Hansen wrote:

> Anybody have any problems declaring external functions?
>
> I want to get the user's login name so I wanted to declare the GetUserNameA
> API call, but I keep getting a syntax error.
>
> FUNCTION long GetUserNameA(ref string user, ref long size) LIBRARY
> "advapi32.dll"
>
> Finally, I tried pasting a function straight out of the PB Help file:
>
> FUNCTION boolean sndPlaySoundA (string SoundName, uint Flags) LIBRARY
> "WINMM.DLL"
>
> and I'm still getting a syntax error.
>
> I'm using PB 7.0.2 on NT4sp5
>
> Anybody know where I forgot to cross a "t" or dot an "i"? I've been staring
> at this for quite a while (but of course, I'll probably spot it as soon as I
> post the message on the newsgroup).
>
> Anyway, thanks for any help you can provide.

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]

-----------------------------------------------------------
Good Links to know, good places to go:

Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://www.sybase.com/sdn
Find things like:
-- Print to PDF component
-- Lotus Notes E-Mail component
-- Taking existing PB apps to the web white paper

PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com
Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com
-----------------------------------------------------------


0
Bill
3/30/2000 9:14:39 PM
FUNCTION boolean GetUserNameA( ref string username,  ref ulong slength )
library "advapi32.dll"

Try Global External Function,  The above line has worked for me from 6.0 to
7.02.8024

"Steve Hansen" <SteveHansen@st-ives.com> wrote in message
news:05lUnXom$GA.290@forums.sybase.com...
> The problem with this is that I don't have ANY external functions that
work,
> so I can't even attempt to replicate your results. Not to mention that
that
> sounds like a pretty rocky solution.
>
> In the meantime, anybody got any other ideas?
>
> Charles Ginzel <cginzel@entergy.com> wrote in message
> news:38E3A53D.241B8514@entergy.com...
> > Steve,
> >
> > I'm using 7.0.2 build 8003 on NT 4.0 sp3
> >
> > The first time I copied your external definition for sndPlaySoundA and
> tried to
> > save it as a local external function I got a syntax error.  On this
> particular
> > object I copied a global external function I already had to the local
and
> it
> > saved... then I removed it leaving your definition and it saved.  Then I
> placed
> > your other API and it saved...  All I can say is try saving it 7 ways to
> Sunday
> > until is works!
> >
> > -Charles
> >
> > Steve Hansen wrote:
> >
> > > Anybody have any problems declaring external functions?
> > >
> > > I want to get the user's login name so I wanted to declare the
> GetUserNameA
> > > API call, but I keep getting a syntax error.
> > >
> > > FUNCTION long GetUserNameA(ref string user, ref long size) LIBRARY
> > > "advapi32.dll"
> > >
> > > Finally, I tried pasting a function straight out of the PB Help file:
> > >
> > > FUNCTION boolean sndPlaySoundA (string SoundName, uint Flags) LIBRARY
> > > "WINMM.DLL"
> > >
> > > and I'm still getting a syntax error.
> > >
> > > I'm using PB 7.0.2 on NT4sp5
> > >
> > > Anybody know where I forgot to cross a "t" or dot an "i"? I've been
> staring
> > > at this for quite a while (but of course, I'll probably spot it as
soon
> as I
> > > post the message on the newsgroup).
> > >
> > > Anyway, thanks for any help you can provide.
> >
>
>


0
Tyler
3/30/2000 9:26:30 PM
Ok, so I clicked "New", then the "Object" tab, then "Function", then "OK"
"Return Type" = "(None)", "Function Name" = "uf_test"
script:
FUNCTION boolean GetUserNameA( ref string username,  ref ulong slength )
library "advapi32.dll"  <-- That's all on one line --^

Hit <ctrl-l> or try to save and I get a syntax error.

Is there anybody out there that's also having this problem? Should I be
looking at another upgrade to PB?

Tyler Cruse <tcruse@trlx.com> wrote in message
news:v9OYs9om$GA.290@forums.sybase.com...
> FUNCTION boolean GetUserNameA( ref string username,  ref ulong slength )
> library "advapi32.dll"
>
> Try Global External Function,  The above line has worked for me from 6.0
to
> 7.02.8024
>
> "Steve Hansen" <SteveHansen@st-ives.com> wrote in message
> news:05lUnXom$GA.290@forums.sybase.com...
> > The problem with this is that I don't have ANY external functions that
> work,
> > so I can't even attempt to replicate your results. Not to mention that
> that
> > sounds like a pretty rocky solution.
> >
> > In the meantime, anybody got any other ideas?
> >
> > Charles Ginzel <cginzel@entergy.com> wrote in message
> > news:38E3A53D.241B8514@entergy.com...
> > > Steve,
> > >
> > > I'm using 7.0.2 build 8003 on NT 4.0 sp3
> > >
> > > The first time I copied your external definition for sndPlaySoundA and
> > tried to
> > > save it as a local external function I got a syntax error.  On this
> > particular
> > > object I copied a global external function I already had to the local
> and
> > it
> > > saved... then I removed it leaving your definition and it saved.  Then
I
> > placed
> > > your other API and it saved...  All I can say is try saving it 7 ways
to
> > Sunday
> > > until is works!
> > >
> > > -Charles
> > >
> > > Steve Hansen wrote:
> > >
> > > > Anybody have any problems declaring external functions?
> > > >
> > > > I want to get the user's login name so I wanted to declare the
> > GetUserNameA
> > > > API call, but I keep getting a syntax error.
> > > >
> > > > FUNCTION long GetUserNameA(ref string user, ref long size) LIBRARY
> > > > "advapi32.dll"
> > > >
> > > > Finally, I tried pasting a function straight out of the PB Help
file:
> > > >
> > > > FUNCTION boolean sndPlaySoundA (string SoundName, uint Flags)
LIBRARY
> > > > "WINMM.DLL"
> > > >
> > > > and I'm still getting a syntax error.
> > > >
> > > > I'm using PB 7.0.2 on NT4sp5
> > > >
> > > > Anybody know where I forgot to cross a "t" or dot an "i"? I've been
> > staring
> > > > at this for quite a while (but of course, I'll probably spot it as
> soon
> > as I
> > > > post the message on the newsgroup).
> > > >
> > > > Anyway, thanks for any help you can provide.
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Steve
3/31/2000 2:09:40 PM
Open application object in the application painter.
Pick "Declare" on left side and "External Global Functions" on the right
Enter the declaration on a single line.

In the application open event add the following:
string TestStr
ulong slength = 255

TestStr = space( 256 )
GetUserNameA( TestStr, slength )
if IsNull( TestStr) = TRUE THEN TestStr = "<NULL>"
MessageBox( "User Name", TestStr )



"Steve Hansen" <SteveHansen@st-ives.com> wrote in message
news:GVzv2sxm$GA.307@forums.sybase.com...
> Ok, so I clicked "New", then the "Object" tab, then "Function", then "OK"
> "Return Type" = "(None)", "Function Name" = "uf_test"
> script:
> FUNCTION boolean GetUserNameA( ref string username,  ref ulong slength )
> library "advapi32.dll"  <-- That's all on one line --^
>
> Hit <ctrl-l> or try to save and I get a syntax error.
>
> Is there anybody out there that's also having this problem? Should I be
> looking at another upgrade to PB?
>
> Tyler Cruse <tcruse@trlx.com> wrote in message
> news:v9OYs9om$GA.290@forums.sybase.com...
> > FUNCTION boolean GetUserNameA( ref string username,  ref ulong slength )
> > library "advapi32.dll"
> >
> > Try Global External Function,  The above line has worked for me from 6.0
> to
> > 7.02.8024
> >
> > "Steve Hansen" <SteveHansen@st-ives.com> wrote in message
> > news:05lUnXom$GA.290@forums.sybase.com...
> > > The problem with this is that I don't have ANY external functions that
> > work,
> > > so I can't even attempt to replicate your results. Not to mention that
> > that
> > > sounds like a pretty rocky solution.
> > >
> > > In the meantime, anybody got any other ideas?
> > >
> > > Charles Ginzel <cginzel@entergy.com> wrote in message
> > > news:38E3A53D.241B8514@entergy.com...
> > > > Steve,
> > > >
> > > > I'm using 7.0.2 build 8003 on NT 4.0 sp3
> > > >
> > > > The first time I copied your external definition for sndPlaySoundA
and
> > > tried to
> > > > save it as a local external function I got a syntax error.  On this
> > > particular
> > > > object I copied a global external function I already had to the
local
> > and
> > > it
> > > > saved... then I removed it leaving your definition and it saved.
Then
> I
> > > placed
> > > > your other API and it saved...  All I can say is try saving it 7
ways
> to
> > > Sunday
> > > > until is works!
> > > >
> > > > -Charles
> > > >
> > > > Steve Hansen wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Anybody have any problems declaring external functions?
> > > > >
> > > > > I want to get the user's login name so I wanted to declare the
> > > GetUserNameA
> > > > > API call, but I keep getting a syntax error.
> > > > >
> > > > > FUNCTION long GetUserNameA(ref string user, ref long size) LIBRARY
> > > > > "advapi32.dll"
> > > > >
> > > > > Finally, I tried pasting a function straight out of the PB Help
> file:
> > > > >
> > > > > FUNCTION boolean sndPlaySoundA (string SoundName, uint Flags)
> LIBRARY
> > > > > "WINMM.DLL"
> > > > >
> > > > > and I'm still getting a syntax error.
> > > > >
> > > > > I'm using PB 7.0.2 on NT4sp5
> > > > >
> > > > > Anybody know where I forgot to cross a "t" or dot an "i"? I've
been
> > > staring
> > > > > at this for quite a while (but of course, I'll probably spot it as
> > soon
> > > as I
> > > > > post the message on the newsgroup).
> > > > >
> > > > > Anyway, thanks for any help you can provide.
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Tyler
3/31/2000 2:23:59 PM
Good deal. It works that way. I wonder why I can't write a wrapper function
for it? Oh well, I don't really care as long as it works.

Thanks everybody for your help.

Tyler Cruse <tcruse@trlx.com> wrote in message
news:anW6Q2xm$GA.201@forums.sybase.com...
> Open application object in the application painter.
> Pick "Declare" on left side and "External Global Functions" on the right
> Enter the declaration on a single line.
>
> In the application open event add the following:
> string TestStr
> ulong slength = 255
>
> TestStr = space( 256 )
> GetUserNameA( TestStr, slength )
> if IsNull( TestStr) = TRUE THEN TestStr = "<NULL>"
> MessageBox( "User Name", TestStr )
>
>
>
> "Steve Hansen" <SteveHansen@st-ives.com> wrote in message
> news:GVzv2sxm$GA.307@forums.sybase.com...
> > Ok, so I clicked "New", then the "Object" tab, then "Function", then
"OK"
> > "Return Type" = "(None)", "Function Name" = "uf_test"
> > script:
> > FUNCTION boolean GetUserNameA( ref string username,  ref ulong slength )
> > library "advapi32.dll"  <-- That's all on one line --^
> >
> > Hit <ctrl-l> or try to save and I get a syntax error.
> >
> > Is there anybody out there that's also having this problem? Should I be
> > looking at another upgrade to PB?
> >
> > Tyler Cruse <tcruse@trlx.com> wrote in message
> > news:v9OYs9om$GA.290@forums.sybase.com...
> > > FUNCTION boolean GetUserNameA( ref string username,  ref ulong
slength )
> > > library "advapi32.dll"
> > >
> > > Try Global External Function,  The above line has worked for me from
6.0
> > to
> > > 7.02.8024
> > >
> > > "Steve Hansen" <SteveHansen@st-ives.com> wrote in message
> > > news:05lUnXom$GA.290@forums.sybase.com...
> > > > The problem with this is that I don't have ANY external functions
that
> > > work,
> > > > so I can't even attempt to replicate your results. Not to mention
that
> > > that
> > > > sounds like a pretty rocky solution.
> > > >
> > > > In the meantime, anybody got any other ideas?
> > > >
> > > > Charles Ginzel <cginzel@entergy.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:38E3A53D.241B8514@entergy.com...
> > > > > Steve,
> > > > >
> > > > > I'm using 7.0.2 build 8003 on NT 4.0 sp3
> > > > >
> > > > > The first time I copied your external definition for sndPlaySoundA
> and
> > > > tried to
> > > > > save it as a local external function I got a syntax error.  On
this
> > > > particular
> > > > > object I copied a global external function I already had to the
> local
> > > and
> > > > it
> > > > > saved... then I removed it leaving your definition and it saved.
> Then
> > I
> > > > placed
> > > > > your other API and it saved...  All I can say is try saving it 7
> ways
> > to
> > > > Sunday
> > > > > until is works!
> > > > >
> > > > > -Charles
> > > > >
> > > > > Steve Hansen wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > Anybody have any problems declaring external functions?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I want to get the user's login name so I wanted to declare the
> > > > GetUserNameA
> > > > > > API call, but I keep getting a syntax error.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > FUNCTION long GetUserNameA(ref string user, ref long size)
LIBRARY
> > > > > > "advapi32.dll"
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Finally, I tried pasting a function straight out of the PB Help
> > file:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > FUNCTION boolean sndPlaySoundA (string SoundName, uint Flags)
> > LIBRARY
> > > > > > "WINMM.DLL"
> > > > > >
> > > > > > and I'm still getting a syntax error.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I'm using PB 7.0.2 on NT4sp5
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Anybody know where I forgot to cross a "t" or dot an "i"? I've
> been
> > > > staring
> > > > > > at this for quite a while (but of course, I'll probably spot it
as
> > > soon
> > > > as I
> > > > > > post the message on the newsgroup).
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Anyway, thanks for any help you can provide.
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Steve
3/31/2000 3:06:23 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

All Global External Function declarations cause syntax error in PowerBuilder 7
All Global External Function declarations cause syntax errors in PowerBuilder 7 with no description whatsoever. Does anyone know what causes this? (I'm using the desktop version) Has anyone successfully made external function calls in PowerBuilder 7? You can email me at reynolds@fincad.com Sybase claims that the external function calls can be added to any script window (painter). Is this really true? Is there an alternate place they can be declared? I am amazed that PowerBuilder 7 is actually worse than version 5. I didn't think that was possible. Th...

Declaring Global Variables and Global External Function By PowerScript
Does anyone can tell me, can I declare the global external function / global Variables by PowerScript ( such as, within the application's open event ), not in 'declare painter' ??? Thanks Samkola No. They need to be declared within the Global Variables painter. Ron Gallagher, CPDP Atlanta, GA rongallagher@mindspring.com samkola wrote in message <01beee19$8715d2a0$2d01a8c0@testing>... >Does anyone can tell me, can I declare the global external function / >global Variables by PowerScript ( such as, within the application's open >event ), not i...

a problem of Declaring external functions
I want to declaring external functions in pb7,such as Function ulong SendMessage( uint awindow,uint msg,uint wordparm,ulong longparm ) library "user32.dll" Function uint GetModuleHandle ( string ModuleName ) library "kernel32.dll" When I declare these,pb does not report any wrong. But when I call it ,it report "error calling external funciton...." What's wrong ?Who can help me?Thanks! <<Function ulong SendMessage( uint awindow,uint msg,uint wordparm,ulong longparm ) library "user32.dll" Function uint GetModuleHandle ( string Modu...

Global External Function problem
Any suggestions on how to deal with a library of global external functions.... We use a bunch of these in a standard library (pbl), but have to re-declare them in the application pbl for each application we develop. Is there anyway to automatically include these when we include the standard library pbl in a project? We are working in PB 65, and PB7 TIA, -david p- Don't make the global! Declare them as local external functions on the object which needs access to the functions, that way they will be there where ever the object goes... -Charles http://www.puterwerks.com ...

a problem of declaring extern function
I use pb7 and I declare extern funciton such as: FUNCTION ulong FindWindow(ref string lpClassName,ref string lpWindowName) LIBRARY "user32.dll" ALIAS FOR "FindWindowA" Function uint SendMessage( ulong awindow,ulong msg,ulong wordparm,ulong longparm ) LIBRARY "user32.dll" ALIAS FOR "SendMessageA" When I call these funciton,the Findwindow function is all right,but the SendMessage function can not be called. When I declare extern function such as : Function uint SendMessage( ulong awindow,ulong msg,ulong wordparm,ulong longparm ) LIBRARY &q...

Problem DEclaring Local External functions
Hi! When I opened a window and opened the Local External functions, hitting <enter> key in the edit area is closing the edit window! How can I insert a new line to declare a new external function? Thanks Ragni This is very troublesome I know, the was I do it is put the code in the edit (script place ) then paste it in the declare place. And add some blank lines there too at the end. Ragni Panjala wrote: > Hi! > When I opened a window and opened the Local External functions, hitting > <enter> key in the edit area is closing the edit window! How can I > ...

problem in calling global external function with optional arg ...
> > Hello, > > Does anyone know how to call an external function that has an optional > argument?? > Is there any changes in the syntax while declaring or calling the function > with optional arg. from powerscript? > > I have a custom external function that accepts two string params with the > second one optional. I need to call this function with and as well as > without the second parameter. When called with both parameters the function > executes properly. > But when called with just the one arg, the function is called and i see it >...

Problems with Global External Functions in PB 6.5
I use 32 bits DLL and I have some problems with the functions declaration. In runtime mode, I have an error message : ________________ Application terminated Error : bad runtime function reference ________________ This depend of the place of the called function in the declaration (number 1, 2, 3, ...) If I change the order of the functions in the declaration, this message could appears when I call an other function. Could you help me, please. ...

PowerBuilder data type to use in an external function declaration
Hi, I need to use an external function that work with an ocx.... This function is declared into an OCX (warning... it's not an OCX function.. it's an external function!). Well, this is the declare for VB... Declare Function L_GetControlBitmap Lib "LTOCX10N.OCX" (Ctrl As Object, hBitmap As LEADBitmapHandle) As Long the LEADBitmapHandle is a structure... but I don't know how define a datatype like Object!!! I try with object (but don't work, it's a PB object of course).. then I try to with an omObject... then I try with long where I put the handle...

VB Function Declaration declared in Powerbuilder
Could someone give me the PowerBuilder Function Declaration translation of the following function declared in VB? Thanks.... Declare Function VdrGetTopicItemEntry Lib "VDRAPI.DLL" _ (ByVal whatSessionToUse&, ByVal startingTopicItemID$, ByVal startingReportID$, _ ByVal startingVersionID$, ByVal howToFindTheEntry&, ByVal numberOfEntriesToSkip&, _ ByVal startingPageRBA&, ByVal returnedTopicItem$, ByVal returnedReportID$, _ ByVal returnedVersionID$, returnedPageRBA&, numberOfPages&, ByVal archiveSectionName$, _ originalPageNumber&...

How to declare the RegSetValueEx API function as a PB60 external function?
The RegSetValueEx API function declares as below: LONG RegSetValueEx( HKEY hkey, // handle of key to set value for LPCTSTR lpszValueName, // address of value to set DWORD dwReserved, // reserved DWORD fdwType, // flag for value type BYTE CONST * lpbData, // address of value data DWORD cbData // size of value data ); I don't know how to declare 'CONST BYTE *' for PB60. I delcare 'ref char lp_data[] 'for it. But PB60 told me 'Error calling external function RegSetvalueEx'. How can I do? And can you tell me where to find ho...

How to declare the RegSetValueEx API function as a PB60 external function?
The RegSetValueEx API function declares as below: LONG RegSetValueEx( HKEY hkey, // handle of key to set value for LPCTSTR lpszValueName, // address of value to set DWORD dwReserved, // reserved DWORD fdwType, // flag for value type BYTE CONST * lpbData, // address of value data DWORD cbData // size of value data ); I don't know how to declare 'CONST BYTE *' for PB60. I delcare 'ref char lp_data[] 'for it. But PB60 told me 'Error calling external function RegSetvalueEx'. How can I do? And can you tell me where to f...

Declaring External Function call for API function ShellExecute?
I've been trying to make an external function call from PB to the WINAPI function ShellExecute without much success. I've been able to create a C++ non-visual object and successfully called the function from there, but I would prefer to eliminate having the extra DLL and special NVO to maintain. I think just having it declared as a local external function would be a cleaner solution. Does anyone have any ideas how the declaration of the function should look? No matter how I've declared it, I always get the "Error calling external function ShellExecute..." error...

Data type problem in External functions to call win32 api functions
I want to call the win32 api function GetCurrentDirectory from powerbuilder 5.0 I declared this global external function : FUNCTION ulong GetCurrentDirectory(ulong num, REF string buffer) LIBRARY "KERNEL32.DLL" ....but the aplication crashes when I call it from a script Can someone please tell me if this is a datatype problem with the arguments. I tried other API functions successfully but this one gives me problems. The API declaration in C++ notation for this function is: DWORD GetCurrentDirectory( DWORD nBufferLength, // size of directory buffer LPTSTR ...

Web resources about - Having problems declaring external global function - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Anonymous declaring war on Singapore Government - YouTube
Anonymous declaring war on Singapore Government Greetings Government of Singapore, We are Anonymous and we believe that we have your undivided ...

Man Haron Monis ordered chocolate cake and a cup of tea before declaring, 'I have a bomb', inquest hears ...
At first, he appeared to be just another person wandering through Martin Place on a sunny Monday morning.

Most ACT Assembly members not declaring or using frequent flyer points
Most Assembly members are not declaring frequent flyer points and fewer still are using the points to offset the cost of flying

Eddie Hayson: How one of Australia’s biggest punters lost a $52 million bet — declaring himself insolvent ...
BROTHEL owner Eddie Hayson is on the brink of bankruptcy after declaring himself insolvent with $52 million in debts.

Malcolm Turnbull breaks ranks on citizenship, declaring constitution cannot be compromised
Malcolm Turnbull has declared official efforts to protect national security and prosecute the war on&nbsp;terrorism must not be allowed to erode ...

Odessa buries its dead, declaring 'never forget, never forgive'
Under thunderous skies, several dozen mourners could contain themselves no longer, bursting into chants of "Glory to the heroes" as the coffin ...

Shorten's delay in declaring
OPPOSITION Leader Bill Shorten failed to declare tens of thousands of dollars in political donations he received in the lead-up to the 2007 election ...

Humankind loves declaring 'war' on everything and now we have the data to prove it
You could be forgiven for thinking we live in a time of escalating conflict. But there's some good news, based on a new unique language analysis. ...

Great Barrier Reef: World Heritage Committee decides against declaring reef as 'in danger'
The United Nations' World Heritage Committee decides against declaring the Great Barrier Reef in danger.

Emails show UN health agency resisted declaring Ebola emergency
Internal emails and documents obtained by The Associated Press show that the World Health Organization resisted sounding the international alarm ...

Resources last updated: 11/29/2015 11:43:39 PM