GPF open datawindow painter on PB 11.0 or PB 11.1

I have created an application PB 11.0 on Vista. It runs well although
sometime the PB is crashed. I could create many objects especially the
datawindows.

After some months I could not open the datawindow painter, The PB is
always crashed. I tried to install the EBF15249, the problem still same.

I tried to clean install the PB with PB 11.1 but it give no solution for
my problem.

Then I wait for the next EBF and the new EBF15360 was released and I
install it. Unfortunately the problem is not resolved yet.

I just wondering and guessing maybe my application was corrupt, then I
created the new workspace and new application in it. When creating a new
external datawindow and click the finish button, the PB start to crash.

Is there someone have ever faced the same problem with me? And how to
resolve it?

FYI, if I use PB 11.0 or PB 11.1 on Windows XP it runs very well for the
apps I build.

Thanks
Wadi Achmed
0
Wadi

Delete the following entry in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\11.0\Layout\Default\Datawindow

Regards
ARthur

"Wadi Achmed" <wadiachmed@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have created an application PB 11.0 on Vista. It runs well although
>sometime the PB is crashed. I could create many objects especially the
>datawindows.
>
> After some months I could not open the datawindow painter, The PB is
> always crashed. I tried to install the EBF15249, the problem still same.
>
> I tried to clean install the PB with PB 11.1 but it give no solution for
> my problem.
>
> Then I wait for the next EBF and the new EBF15360 was released and I
> install it. Unfortunately the problem is not resolved yet.
>
> I just wondering and guessing maybe my application was corrupt, then I
> created the new workspace and new application in it. When creating a new
> external datawindow and click the finish button, the PB start to crash.
>
> Is there someone have ever faced the same problem with me? And how to
> resolve it?
>
> FYI, if I use PB 11.0 or PB 11.1 on Windows XP it runs very well for the
> apps I build.
>
> Thanks
> Wadi Achmed

0
Arthur
4/3/2008 3:04:30 AM
Thank you very much Arthur, it works amazing.

Do you know why it could happen?
Or maybe Sybase has known this issue and doing some code to fix it.

Best Regards,
Wadi Achmed

Arthur Hefti wrote:
> Delete the following entry in the registry:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\11.0\Layout\Default\Datawindow
>
> Regards
> ARthur
>
> "Wadi Achmed" <wadiachmed@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I have created an application PB 11.0 on Vista. It runs well although
>> sometime the PB is crashed. I could create many objects especially the
>> datawindows.
>>
>> After some months I could not open the datawindow painter, The PB is
>> always crashed. I tried to install the EBF15249, the problem still same.
>>
>> I tried to clean install the PB with PB 11.1 but it give no solution for
>> my problem.
>>
>> Then I wait for the next EBF and the new EBF15360 was released and I
>> install it. Unfortunately the problem is not resolved yet.
>>
>> I just wondering and guessing maybe my application was corrupt, then I
>> created the new workspace and new application in it. When creating a new
>> external datawindow and click the finish button, the PB start to crash.
>>
>> Is there someone have ever faced the same problem with me? And how to
>> resolve it?
>>
>> FYI, if I use PB 11.0 or PB 11.1 on Windows XP it runs very well for the
>> apps I build.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Wadi Achmed

0
Wadi
4/3/2008 3:25:46 AM
It first showed up when they implemented the new painters in 7.0.
They fixed it in later releases, but it keeps cropping back in from
time to time.

On 2 Apr 2008 19:25:46 -0800, Wadi Achmed <wadiachmed@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Thank you very much Arthur, it works amazing.
>
>Do you know why it could happen?
>Or maybe Sybase has known this issue and doing some code to fix it.
>
>Best Regards,
>Wadi Achmed
>

>Arthur Hefti wrote:
>> Delete the following entry in the registry:
>>
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\11.0\Layout\Default\Datawindow
>>
>> Regards
>> ARthur
>>
>> "Wadi Achmed" <wadiachmed@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I have created an application PB 11.0 on Vista. It runs well although
>>> sometime the PB is crashed. I could create many objects especially the
>>> datawindows.
>>>
>>> After some months I could not open the datawindow painter, The PB is
>>> always crashed. I tried to install the EBF15249, the problem still same.
>>>
>>> I tried to clean install the PB with PB 11.1 but it give no solution for
>>> my problem.
>>>
>>> Then I wait for the next EBF and the new EBF15360 was released and I
>>> install it. Unfortunately the problem is not resolved yet.
>>>
>>> I just wondering and guessing maybe my application was corrupt, then I
>>> created the new workspace and new application in it. When creating a new
>>> external datawindow and click the finish button, the PB start to crash.
>>>
>>> Is there someone have ever faced the same problem with me? And how to
>>> resolve it?
>>>
>>> FYI, if I use PB 11.0 or PB 11.1 on Windows XP it runs very well for the
>>> apps I build.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Wadi Achmed

0
Bruce
4/3/2008 4:20:56 AM
Ok Thanks Bruce.

Hopefully in next release/update towards the problem goes away from
PowerBuilder :)

Regards,
Wadi Achmed

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] wrote:
> It first showed up when they implemented the new painters in 7.0.
> They fixed it in later releases, but it keeps cropping back in from
> time to time.
>
> On 2 Apr 2008 19:25:46 -0800, Wadi Achmed <wadiachmed@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thank you very much Arthur, it works amazing.
>>
>> Do you know why it could happen?
>> Or maybe Sybase has known this issue and doing some code to fix it.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Wadi Achmed
>>

>> Arthur Hefti wrote:
>>> Delete the following entry in the registry:
>>>
>>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\11.0\Layout\Default\Datawindow
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> ARthur
>>>
>>> "Wadi Achmed" <wadiachmed@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
Wadi

Saving datawindow from PB 11.5.1 into PB 11.1 format (syntax)?
Hello, Is there any possible way to save a datawindow created & written in PB 11.5.1 in the exact datawindow format/sytnax of previous version(s), namely 11.1? Reason being is that we have an application that is still not migrated from 11.1 to 11.5.1, and we have to write a custom report for it urgently. Out application can import the exported SRD datawindow report and store its syntax in the table & run it from there. Unfortunately, it complains about incorrect release number (11.5, rather than 11.1, and I have already tried just to change the version number - more...

PB 11 to PB 11.1
We already installed and working with PB 11. I could see the new version PB 11.1 for download. Let me know what are the new features in PB 11.1 and If I we want to install 11.1 do we need to uninstall 11. Thanks in advance, Jemson Kuriakose. Features: In the help file, or http://www.techno-kitten.com/Changes_to_PowerBuilder/New_in_PowerBuilder_11/New_in_PowerBuilder_11_1/new_in_powerbuilder_11_1.html If you're asking about uninstalling, then the answer is the same as with every maintenance release: uninstall the entire product, and reinstall, adding patches to the level y...

WebForm Pb 11.2 Ajax slower than Pb 11.0
Hi all, i have migrated a Pb 11.0 WebForm application to Pb 11.2 WebForm using ajax. I have installed it on Windows 2003 staging server with the same configuration of the production server but the performance are very slow !! Are there some particular settings to boost Pb 11.2 ajax performance ? Thanks Mark ...

Using PB 11.5
I'm setting up a new production server and the web form app didn't work after following the prescribed steps. Error text below. I'm using Vista, Pb 11.51 After seeing that the error message was looking for a Pb 11.0 dll, I copied them into the pb runtime directory on the new server and all worked fine. I'm concerned that a project that was compiled and deployed in PB 11.5 is using PB 11.0 dlls? IS this normal or is my development machine causing this? I was using PB 11.2 for C/S development but moved the projects to PB 11.51 for web form development. Any s...

Open Client 11.1.1 vs 11.1.0
Hi, We are using Open Client Ct library version 11.1.0 and I find all references to Open Cleint 11.1.1 and no 11.1.0. Can anyone let me know the difference (if any) between these two versions? Thanks, Bappa Roy Bappa, There are a couple new features in 11.1.1, as well as various bug fixes. I highly recommend using 11.1.1 over 11.1.0. For PC environments, you can just overlay. The latest EBF for PC 32-bit is 8021. Similar EBF #s for all other platforms too. John McVicker SPS Philadelphia, PA Bappa Roy wrote: > > Hi, > > We are using Open Client C...

PB 11.2 & 11.5 Datawindow Painter crashes
My datawindow painter craches with a win32 unhandled exception everytime I click on a column object. Any datawindow, any column, not stattext objects, or computed fields. I think it dies trying to show the Properties panel for the column because clicking on the control list panel has the same effect as clicking on the Design panel. This was happening in PB 11.2 so I upgraded to 11.5 but the problem persisted. It's really hard to accomplish my job using the source editor! Has anyone had this problem? PB11.5 build 2506 Vista Ultimate, SP1, Dell XPS 4GB ram -Jeff Tr...

Pb 11.2 and PB 11.5
Hi, I have a stand alone license and currnetly have PB 11.1 installed. My license info from sybase says it should support PB 11.0, 11.1 AND 11.5. License Type: Standalone Seat (SS) Alternative Use Enabled What is Alternative Use Licensing? Applicable to Product(s): Version Description 11.5 PowerBuilder Enterprise 11.5 for Windows x86 - 32bit (View EULA) 11.1 PowerBuilder Enterprise 11.1 for Windows x86 - 32bit (View EULA) 11.0 PowerBuilder Enterprise 11.0 for Windows x86 - 32bit (View EULA) I downloaded pb 11.5 and tried to install it and got...

Upgrade of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 AND 11.0 EBF's
X86 Update of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 was released 03 Mar 2009 Update of 11.0.0 to build 1598 was released 23 Apr 2009 Should 11.0.0 to build 1598 be applied to 11.0.1 ? ChuckGo No. EBFs should only be applied against the MR that it is intended. The 1598 EBF is intended for 11.0.0. And EBF for 11.0.1 is pending. - chris Charles.Gogolin@stanleyassociates.com wrote: > X86 > > Update of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 was released 03 Mar 2009 > > Update of 11.0.0 to build 1598 was released 23 Apr 2009 > > Should 11.0.0 to build 1598 be applied to 11.0.1 ? ...

W2K, ASE 11.9.2, PB 6.5 and PB 7.0 Database Painter
My application runs fine in compilted and debug using Powerbuilder 6.5 and 7.0, but I get all kinds of errors when trying to use the Database Painter in both versions. We just did a mass migration from Win NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 with the latest versions of Sybase drivers, Powerbuilder and Windows 200 patches. When selecting a table from the table catalog list I get.. ct_param(): user api layer: external error: An illegal value of 256 was placed in the status field of the of CS_DATAFMT structure. When running any type of SELECT statement from the Database Adminstrator I ge...

PB 11.1/11.2: Toolbar icons/bmp seems to create slow performance when opening our application!
We are using our own icons/bmp's inn our toolbar and this seems to give us ha big problem with slow performance when starting our application. The icons are put into .pbr file. We have used filemon.exe to look into the detail for process when running the .exe file. When using filemon.exe we see something strange: For every ico file we have in the toolbar it start looking for the filname on the disk's (following the users filepath..) And this seems to take quite an extra time. This behaveior can also be seen in filemon.exe when we are using the application and drag th...

PB 11.2 & PB 11.5
Can i have both PB11.2 & PB 11.5 co-exists w/o interfering & causing problem on my m/c? I will be running ONLY either PB 11.2 or PB 11.5 @ any time. Just want to make sure that when I run PB 11.2, the right DLLs are used (& dont get mixed up wth using PB 11.5 DLLs) Thnx Suresh It should not be a problem, since the DLLs have different names - you will see 110 and 115 (I think - my 11s are not on this computer) in the names. What gets tricky is having two maintenance releases of the same major release (11.5 is a major release). I have heard of people doing that by ins...

PB 11.5.1 Maint (build 4011) crashes when opening a datawindow
Well PB 11.5.1 Maint release is out. So I guess I will report the first issue. Already emailed my Sybase support to re-open the case # 11519783 - which was fixed in an ebf build 3141 When I try to open a datawindow (even after doing a full build) PB 11.5.1 (build 4011) crashes. The error is in the module pb115dev.dll. What is this DLL used for? After numerous checks and reverting back to a build that use to work (3141) and then trying PB 11.1.8204 (which worked) I checked the registry and deleted the following (make sure PB is closed first) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\So...

Migration to PB9.0.1 to PB 11.1
Hi All, I am trying to migrate some Powerbuilder 9 applications to Powerbuilder 11.1. I am sure that there must be many who have already done so. Are there any issues which one must be aware of for the migration? Specifically I am interested in finding out about the 'Automatically convert DBCS string manipulation Functions' setting in the Migration utility in PB 11.1.I am not very clear about when we should choose this option and when not to choose the setting ? Are there any changes in open source PFC from the PFCs supplied with Powerbuilder 10.0 Thanks in advance ...

Setting up PB 11 for Home use....learning PB 11
I have been working with PB 10.5 for about a year at work. I have registered as a member of ISUG and want to download PB 11 and set it up at home. To learn and take full advantage of the new features, what is the best setup. Do I need to set up a machine with MS Server 2003....etc? You could use the SQL Anywhere 10 that comes with it. <stockman68@verizon.net> wrote in message news:h77gd3522op44qt1gkjp9unnp9gnb6g6u5@4ax.com... >I have been working with PB 10.5 for about a year at work. > > I have registered as a member of ISUG and want to download PB 11 an...

Web resources about - GPF open datawindow painter on PB 11.0 or PB 11.1 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo