Global Replace ??

Are there any good products that would allow me to globally replace within
all my painters?

I have thousands off occurances of a table owner name in datawindows and
inline SQL that needs to change... from DP21.  to DBO. .

Thanks,

Jason

0
Jason

PBL Peeper (see below) does this. In fact, it goes through special
contortions to handle Search & Replace in datawindow SQL.

And, not matter what tool you pick, always remember the first rule of
development. OK, so I didn't mean "Test, Test, Test." I meant the
second rule: "Backup, Backup, Backup." Don't trust your code to fate.
<BG>

Good luck,

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:49:29 -0600, "Jason Lipman"
<Jason.Lipman@state.sd.us> wrote:

>Are there any good products that would allow me to globally replace within
>all my painters?
>
>I have thousands off occurances of a table owner name in datawindows and
>inline SQL that needs to change... from DP21.  to DBO. .

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
1/28/2003 4:41:34 PM
PBSearch has a Global Search/Replace feature.

http://www.topwizprogramming.com/

Roland

"Jason Lipman" <Jason.Lipman@state.sd.us> wrote in message
> Are there any good products that would allow me to globally replace within
> all my painters?
>
> I have thousands off occurances of a table owner name in datawindows and
> inline SQL that needs to change... from DP21.  to DBO. .
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

0
Roland
1/28/2003 5:43:03 PM
Why not just modify the SQL in the DW/DS SQL Preview event?

That is, if you inherited all your DWs from one ancestor that you created, you
could put such code in the ancestor.  With enough devotion to OO, you almost
never need to globally replace anything.

Roland Smith wrote:

> PBSearch has a Global Search/Replace feature.
>
> http://www.topwizprogramming.com/
>
> Roland
>
> "Jason Lipman" <Jason.Lipman@state.sd.us> wrote in message
> > Are there any good products that would allow me to globally replace within
> > all my painters?
> >
> > I have thousands off occurances of a table owner name in datawindows and
> > inline SQL that needs to change... from DP21.  to DBO. .
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jason

0
woz