Getting SqlSelect from a nested report in a datawindow via a datastore

The title says it all... I've got a free form datawindow with a nested
report. I'm calling it via a datastore and I can't see to be able to get
the sql statement out and back for the nested report in the datastore.
Direction?

Chris
0
Chris

Well, it's still a little confusing.

Let me guess at a cause, though. Are you trying GetChild() on the
nested report to get its handle? If so, it doesn't work in nested
reports.  The only sql you'll be able to extract is that of the base
report, the freeform.

Let me know more in the case that I've totally misunderstood the
problem.

On Mon, 06 Apr 1998 15:35:10 -0400, "Chris Koerner"
<chriskoerner@compuserve.com> wrote:

>The title says it all... I've got a free form datawindow with a nested
>report. I'm calling it via a datastore and I can't see to be able to get
>the sql statement out and back for the nested report in the datastore.
>Direction?
>
>Chris

Larry Molter CPI, CPD-P
PowerCerv
0
lmolter1

Datastore using Datawindow with Nested report
Hi ! I want to create a bill in a datastore on a server in a client/server architecture. (All my datawindows are external !) ========================================================= The following instructions work fine with a datawindow control ! lds_consommation = create datastore lds_consommation.dataobject = "d_bill_consom" lds_consommation.InsertRow(0) lds_consommation.setitem(1,"amount"," 3802") dw_1.Object.dw_consommation.Object.Data = lds_consommation.Object.Data ========================================================= But, i have a ...

How to get data from nested report in datawindow?
I am using PB6.5 I used an nested report in current datawindow to get some data from database and I need to use data retrieved from nested report to compute in current window , and I do not how? Any help is apreciated... Mladen Mladen, If your nested report is on a composite DW and it doesn't itself have nested reports in it then you can use GetChild() to get a ref to the nested report then use the ref to call typical DW functions. Use those functions to grab the data and do what you want with it. If GetChild() doesn't work (because your DW doesn't match...

Urgent
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1. I have a report with the following layout: Datawindow A contain Datawindow B, Datawindow B contain Datawindow C And I want to get a reference to Datawindow C. However, I tried to use GetChild() for Datawindow B. It retured -1. Thus, I also tried to get another Datawindow D which is nested in Datawindow A and no nested datawindow nested in it. Then, using GetChild is worked for this case. Am I missing something?? is there any other way round?? Any ideas or suggestion are welcome. Thanks in Advance. Best Regards, Andy Cheung ...

How can I get the reference of nested report in datawindow?
I will like to insert or modify data in nested report. I am using pb65. thanks. simon Simon, Reference the DataWindow's GetChild() function in the on-line help. HTH Mark DeRosa CPD simon wrote in message ... >I will like to insert or modify data in nested report. >I am using pb65. > >thanks. > >simon > > GetChild() can only get reference to dddw or to a report in a composite dw. it can't get reference to nested report. simon Use the dot notation. e.g. dw_1.Object.nt_cutomer.Object.Data = dw_customer.Object.D...

Get the child of a Nested report in a tabular Datawindow ( possible, but... )
Hi, I'm using PB 5.0.04, I have a nested report within a tabular DataWindow. I need to change several properties of nested report. GetChild(), comonly used, can't get the child, it returns -1. But, If i do that : After the Retrieve() of dw_tabular... DataWindowChild ldwc_nested dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 5" ) dw_tabular.GetChild( "nested_report_object", ldwc_nested ) dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 0" ) ldwc_nested is a DataWindowChild that handles the nested report. I can do any ldwc_nested.Describe( &...

nested reports in nested report
Hi, I have a report with a nested dw in a nested dw. I would like to change som properties of both datawindows/reports (width and moving som columns - it's a grid report) But how do I reference the nested report. I cant use GetChild (fails as it is not a Composite). I have managed to get the to the first report and change the width of i with the syntax dwobject dwo_1 dwo_1 = dw_report.Object.dw_1 dwo_1.width = 3000 But trying to get to the next level this fails, i.e. i tried dwobject dwo_2 dwo_2 = dwo_1.Object.dw_2 // fails at runtime Does anyone have a sugg...

Getting rowcount from a nested nested report.
I have a Datawindow with a nested report dw_1. Within the nested report I have another nested report dw_2. How can I find the rowcount of dw_1 and dw_2. I am trying to see if any records are found if not I need to display a message stating now records found in dw_2. Any help would be great! Thanks, Tina ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp What if you put a static text "No Data Found" in the background layer, where it would not be seen unless there was no data to cover it up? Or maybe give it a vi...

It's possible to get the child of a Nested report in a tabular Datawindow, but...
Hi, I'm using PB 5.0.04, I have a nested report within a tabular DataWindow. I need to change several properties of nested report. GetChild(), comonly used, can't get the child, it returns -1. But, If i do that : After the Retrieve() of dw_tabular... DataWindowChild ldwc_nested dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 5" ) dw_tabular.GetChild( "nested_report_object", ldwc_nested ) dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 0" ) ldwc_nested is a DataWindowChild that handles the nested report. I can do any ldwc_nested.Describe( &...

It's possible to get the child of a Nested report in a tabular Datawindow, but... #2
Hi, I'm using PB 5.0.04, I have a nested report within a tabular DataWindow. I need to change several properties of nested report. GetChild(), comonly used, can't get the child, it returns -1. But, If i do that : After the Retrieve() of dw_tabular... DataWindowChild ldwc_nested dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 5" ) dw_tabular.GetChild( "nested_report_object", ldwc_nested ) dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 0" ) ldwc_nested is a DataWindowChild that handles the nested report. I can do any ldwc_nested.Describe( &...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Datawindow with report object! How to get a doubleClick in report
PB 9.0 I have a datawindow with a report object ( a datawindow with detail information ) How is it possible to determine the rownumber, when the user makes a doubleclick in the report object ?? Thanks for any help Peter GetObjectAtPointer()? -- This is a FAQ, read Help, then search www.groups.google.com/advanced_group_search pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip Salgannik "Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovic@gmx.net> wrote in message news:3fcafbcd$1@forums-1-dub... > PB 9.0 > > I have a datawindow with a report object ( a datawindow wi...

Get Nested Report Data from a PSR Report
Hi there, is there a possibility to get a reference of a nested report which is in a PSR Report? It seems that the GetChild Method does not work (it returns -1) GetChild can't work for nested reports, since there is a possible occurrence for each detail row, and that's documented. You might take a look at dot notation - see the help topic "Syntax for nested objects". <Oliver> wrote in message news:40f54b9c.3c29.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi there, > > is there a possibility to get a reference of a nested report > which is in a PSR Report? ...

how to get the number of rows of a datawindow nested in another datawindow?
Hi All! Has anyone an idea how to get the number of rows of a datawindow nested in another datawindow? I have a datastore l_ds = CREATE datastore l_ds.dataobject = "d_invoice" l_ds.SetTransObject(SQLCA) li_rows = l_ds.Retrieve(... and so on I am able to access a value in the nested datawindow like this: l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[1] l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[2] l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[3] (d_items is the nested datawindow) But I do not know how to retrieve the number of rows of the nested...

Web resources about - Getting SqlSelect from a nested report in a datawindow via a datastore - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo