Getting File Version - PB12

I'm sorry, I see it's been asked here a couple times but I need a different
version number than the one the example on codexchange gets.

Looking at the deployment window in PB I set the following just to see where
everyone is pulling from.
executable: product verison 1.2.3.4
file version: 4.3.2.1

used by installer product version: 9.6.3.5
file verison 7.4.1.8

Now using NSIS to build my installer, it pulls 7.4.1.8.  Using the version10
project from codexchange, it pulls 1.2.3.4.  I've tried this code:
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1002724 and I get an array out of bounds
error.

When I do properties on the exe, on the version tab the version shown on top
(not the details listbox at the bottom) is 7.4.1.8.  I would like to make my
about show the same info.

Anyone know how I can get at the installer file version entry of the exe?

Thanks.

0
Tom

This example shows how to pull properties like version from a file.
http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_osversion.html

"Tom" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message news:4c51c7d7$1@forums-1-dub...
> I'm sorry, I see it's been asked here a couple times but I need a
> different version number than the one the example on codexchange gets.
>
> Looking at the deployment window in PB I set the following just to see
> where everyone is pulling from.
> executable: product verison 1.2.3.4
> file version: 4.3.2.1
>
> used by installer product version: 9.6.3.5
> file verison 7.4.1.8
>
> Now using NSIS to build my installer, it pulls 7.4.1.8.  Using the
> version10 project from codexchange, it pulls 1.2.3.4.  I've tried this
> code: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1002724 and I get an array out of
> bounds error.
>
> When I do properties on the exe, on the version tab the version shown on
> top (not the details listbox at the bottom) is 7.4.1.8.  I would like to
> make my about show the same info.
>
> Anyone know how I can get at the installer file version entry of the exe?
>
> Thanks.

0
Roland
7/29/2010 6:53:57 PM
Thanks Roland, but that doesn't seem to work on PB generated files.

I pointed in_osver.of_GetFileVersionInfo at my exe and one dll we generate
and no info is returned.  I then tried a random dll I found and notepad,
both came back with info.

"Roland Smith [TeamSybase]" <rsmith_at_trusthss_dot_com> wrote in message
> This example shows how to pull properties like version from a file.
> http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_osversion.html
>
> "Tom" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message news:4c51c7d7$1@forums-1-dub...
>> I'm sorry, I see it's been asked here a couple times but I need a
>> different version number than the one the example on codexchange gets.
>>
>> Looking at the deployment window in PB I set the following just to see
>> where everyone is pulling from.
>> executable: product verison 1.2.3.4
>> file version: 4.3.2.1
>>
>> used by installer product version: 9.6.3.5
>> file verison 7.4.1.8
>>
>> Now using NSIS to build my installer, it pulls 7.4.1.8.  Using the
>> version10 project from codexchange, it pulls 1.2.3.4.  I've tried this
>> code: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1002724 and I get an array out of
>> bounds error.
>>
>> When I do properties on the exe, on the version tab the version shown on
>> top (not the details listbox at the bottom) is 7.4.1.8.  I would like to
>> make my about show the same info.
>>
>> Anyone know how I can get at the installer file version entry of the exe?
>>
>> Thanks.

0
Tom

Help on how to get Product Version and File Version on exe file
Hi All, Is there a way of getting the Product and File version of my pb application during runtime? Is there a pb function I can use or do I have to use an API function to do this? Currently using PB 9.0.1 Build 7171 Regards and Thanks, Willie ...

Get File Version from EXE File
hi folks how can i get the file version from a exe file. i need that information for a setup download website. best regards Philipp Use System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(path) to get the version info of a file.Hope this helps!Paul yes, thanks a lot :)...

Urgent: unable to get version information from powerbuilder 8 generated dll files
begin 644 getversioninfo.txt M=6QO;F<)9'=(86YD;&4-"G5L;VYG"61W3&5N9W1H#0IS=')I;F<);'-?=F5R M<VEO;FME>7-;,3)=(#T@>R`B4')O9'5C=$YA;64B+"`B4')O9'5C=%9E<G-I M;VXB+"`F#0H)"0DB3W)I9VEN86Q&:6QE;F%M92(L(")&:6QE1&5S8W)I<'1I M;VXB+"`B1FEL959E<G-I;VXB+"`F#0H)"0DB0V]M<&%N>4YA;64B+"`B3&5G M86Q#;W!Y<FEG:'0B+"`B3&5G86Q4<F%D96UA<FMS(BP@)@T*"0D)(DEN=&5R M;F%L3F%M92(L(")0<FEV871E0G5I;&0B+"`B4W!E8VEA;$)U:6QD(BP@(D-O M;...

Urgent: unable to get version information from powerbuilder 8 generated dll files
Hi, Wins2K/PB8 Version 8.0.1 Build 9056 After I built machine codes (DLLs) for my application, my codes (in attachment) could not get version information of those files. It failed after calling VerQueryValueA API. By the way, my local external functions are declared as followed: FUNCTION ulong GetFileVersionInfoSizeA( REF string lpFilename, REF ulong lpdwHandle ) LIBRARY "version.dll" FUNCTION boolean GetFileVersionInfoA( REF string lpFilename, REF ulong lpdwHandle, ulong dwLen, REF string lpData ) LIBRARY "version.dll" FUNCTION boolean VerQueryValueA(...

How to get file version?
I read in a <filename> but I don't know how get the file version out of the file. It seems Perl stat() doesn't work this way. Anybody knows what Perl function or module will work? Thanks, HL Ha Le wrote: > I read in a <filename> but I don't know how get the file version out of > the file. It seems Perl stat() doesn't work this way. Anybody knows what > Perl function or module will work? > what file version do you refer to? david Could you be more specific about what you mean by "version"? You mean for an executable...

Getting file version
I want to get the version of a file Here's what I have in the Global External Functions Function long GetFileVersionInfoSize (string lptstrFilename, long lpdwHandle) Library "version.dll" Alias for "GetFileVersionInfoSizeA" and here's what I have in a button in an empty window long ll_dummy = 0, ll_size = 0 string ls_file = "C:\MyFile.EXE" ll_size = GetFileVersionInfoSize (ls_file, ll_dummy) messagebox(string(ll_size), "") ll_size always = 0 no matter what. When I try the same code in Microsoft Access, it works perfect...

How to get a file version of an exe
If I right click on a file and select properties, I get a window with a version tag that shows me the version of the file. How can I get that with code? I have been looking at the following window api call: BOOL GetFileVersionInfo(LPCSTR lptstrFilename, DWORD dwHandle, DWORD dwLen, LPVOID lpData ); Does anyone have some sample code that does this? I always get confused when trying to match arguments with windows api and I'm not sure how to use this if this is even the right way. Thanks > If I right click on a file and select properties, I get a > ...

How to get file version? #2
I read in a <filename> but I don't know how get the file version out of the file. It seems Perl stat() doesn't work this way. Anybody knows what Perl function or module will work? Thanks, HL On Sep 26, Le, Ha (OPB) said: >I read in a <filename> but I don't know how get the file version out of >the file. It seems Perl stat() doesn't work this way. Anybody knows >what Perl function or module will work? How are you defining a file version? -- Jeff "japhy" Pinyan japhy@pobox.com http://www.pobox.com/~japhy/ RPI Acac...

Versionning Powerbuilder Executable files
We are using Microsoft SMS tool for deploying our NT PB applications. We would like to get the version number when generating a new executable file. But when we try to get the product version, it is the powerbuilder product version that we get (For example version 6.5.00.444). Does anyone know how to put a real version numbre when compiling our applications ? Use VersionEdit from http://www.ecrane.com. FWIW, PB8 will allow you to specify your own version info in the project painter. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.syb...

How to get the version number of a file ?
Hello, I use a VB exe file with my PB Application. I wish to know the version number. Is is possible with API? I have tried to use the PFC but only the date is avalaible and returns "00/00/00". May someone help me ? Check the File version Information thread in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general I haven't found the definitive answer yet, but this shows the general method (using various API calls), and hopefully someone will come up with a solution soon! Simon Olivier AIMOND wrote in message ... >Hello, > >I use a VB exe file with my PB ...

Get executable file version
I am using PB 9. I generate an executable file and put the version 2.1.0.0 on all project versions' fields. How can I get this numbers on my application? Thiago Campos Pereira wrote: > I am using PB 9. > > I generate an executable file and put the version 2.1.0.0 on all project > versions' fields. How can I get this numbers on my application? > > http://eshop.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,44648,00.html -- Roy ...

regex to get version from file name
--089e01633aa82c2de204f2eb5814 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Hi all, From the below file names I only need the version number 1.2.4 without explicitly specifying it. check_mk-1.2.4.tar.gz check_mk-agent-1.2.4-1.noarch.rpm check_mk-agent-logwatch-1.2.4-1.noarch.rpm check_mk-agent-oracle-1.2.4-1.noarch.rpm mk-livestatus-1.2.4.tar.gz mkeventd-1.2.4.tar.gz What regex can I use to obtain only the string value 1.2.4 from the file names (or whatever future versions based on the 3 numbers separated by 3 dots, [0-9].[0-9].[0-9]? Thanks! Wernher --089e016...

RE: How do I get DLL file versions
This approach works >> use Win32::API; sub GetFileVersion { my $fn = shift @_; if (! $ref_GetFileVersionInfoSize) { $ref_GetFileVersionInfoSize = new Win32::API("Version", "GetFileVersionInfoSize", [P, P], I); if ( ! defined $ref_GetFileVersionInfoSize) { warn "Cannot import KERNEL fcn : GetFileVersionInfoSize : $!"; return undef; } } # OK, we've got a handle for GetFileVersionInfoSize; use it! my $z = 0; my $sz = $ref_GetFileVersionInfoSize->...

How do I get the version of a file on the hard drive
How do I get the version of a file on the hard drive from within PowerBuilder. I cannot find a built in function or an example of an API call. Thanks, Scott Rupke scott@storertv.com Take a look at this thread. http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=896798178.3398.0.nnrp-07.c1ed0 e5f%40news.demon.co.uk&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26selm%3D896798178.3398 ..0.nnrp-07.c1ed0e5f%2540news.demon.co.uk (This link may span several lines and you may have to copy-and-paste them into your browser's URL) HTH -EGM Scott Rupke <scott@storertv.com...

How to get the product and file version after deployment
Hi All, Is there a way to get the product version and file version of my application after deployment? If we create a project from powerbuilder, there is an entry there for product and fie version, and I was gonna use it for the about window so that I won't have to change the about window everytime there is a new build. Is this possible? I'm using PB 9.0.1 build 7171 Regards and Thanks Willie There is an NVO at http://www.sybase.com/pb8examples/versioninformationexample you can use. On 8 Aug 2004 18:56:22 -0700, Willie Paredes wrote: >Hi All, > >I...

Web resources about - Getting File Version - PB12 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Donald Trump Pumps Jimmy Kimmel Ratings But Can’t Top Jimmy Fallon
Donald Trump , visiting Jimmy Kimmel ’s late night show, boasted that his participation in the GOP race for the White House has turned the franchise ...

Slack CEO perfectly sums up how the Fed's zero interest rate helped his $2.8 billion startup
It took less than two years for Slack CEO Stewart Butterfield to take his messaging app startup to a whopping $2.8 billion valuation. A lot ...

What's Next After the Freddie Gray Mistrial
The case against the first of six police officers charged ended in a hung jury.

Facebook Messenger’s face recognition tool rolls out to everyone outside of Canada and the EU
The releases keep on coming for Facebook’s Messenger service. Today the social networking company has announced that it has added new features ...

Tesla isn’t impressed by your DIY self-driving car
Turns out, claiming that you can best Tesla's Autopilot with a DIY system you built in your garage isn't the best way to win praise from the ...

Pharmaceutical CEO Martin Shkreli Arrested for Fraud
Martin Shkreli , CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals, was arrested in New York City on Thursday (December 17) on charges of fraud. You may remember ...

Oil, Cider, Slavery, Sledding: 10 Surprising Things in the Omnibus Bill
The House and Senate are expected to vote Friday to pass an omnibus spending bill that would fund the government through September 2016, ending ...

No evidence that San Bernardino shooters posted about jihad on Facebook
After this month's killings, there was widespread reporting (fueled by comments by FBI director James Comey) that Syed Rizwan Farook and Tafsheen ...

Microsoft Edge browser now includes SmartScreen protection from drive-by attacks
Drive-by attacks are among the sneakiest types of browser malware, but Microsoft has a plan to keep Windows 10 users safe. As part of the Windows ...

Brazil WhatsApp suspension lifted
Brazilian court lifts suspension of WhatsApp messaging service, imposed by a judge for failing to comply with court order.