Get The Value Of DropdownList Box Display Value

I've a DW with a dropdown listbox.
For some reason I would like to get the value of my Dropdown Listbox
"display value".
So can you tell me how...?

Thanks

-1
sofian

What we do is creating a computed field containing a 'lookupdisplay()' call
for that column. You can then access this computed field for getting the
display value.

HTH
--
Met vriendelijke groet,

- Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
  Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115

sofian <sofianlutfi@hotmailcom> wrote in message
> I've a DW with a dropdown listbox.
> For some reason I would like to get the value of my Dropdown Listbox
> "display value".
> So can you tell me how...?
>
> Thanks

0
Eric
8/9/1999 7:23:27 AM
ls_display_value =
dw_1.Describe("Evaluate('LookUpDisplay(colname)',"+string(dw_1.GetRow())+")"
)

HTH

Simon

sofian wrote in message
<01bee347$b08bfce0$661d100a@sofian.toyota.astra.co.id>...
>I've a DW with a dropdown listbox.
>For some reason I would like to get the value of my Dropdown Listbox
>"display value".
>So can you tell me how...?
>
>Thanks

0
Simon
8/9/1999 8:03:22 AM
I've done your suggestion but the result just "!" ...why ?
For an information , I wanna get the value and save it in string variable
of my window.

Thanks

Simon Caldwell <simonATgetrealsystemsDOTcom> wrote in article
<iP$7T1j4#GA.257@forums.sybase.com>...
> ls_display_value =

dw_1.Describe("Evaluate('LookUpDisplay(colname)',"+string(dw_1.GetRow())+")"

> )
>
> HTH
>
> Simon

0
sofian
8/10/1999 8:44:52 AM
Presumably you replaced 'colname' with the appropriate column name?

sofian wrote in message
<01bee437$a6d58d60$661d100a@sofian.toyota.astra.co.id>...
>I've done your suggestion but the result just "!" ...why ?
>For an information , I wanna get the value and save it in string variable
>of my window.
>
>Thanks
>

>Simon Caldwell <simonATgetrealsystemsDOTcom> wrote in article
><iP$7T1j4#GA.257@forums.sybase.com>...
>> ls_display_value =
>>
>dw_1.Describe("Evaluate('LookUpDisplay(colname)',"+string(dw_1.GetRow())+")
" )

>> HTH
>>
>> Simon

0
Simon
8/10/1999 2:43:19 PM
OK Thanks alot It's Work

> >> Simon

0
sofian

Web resources about - Get The Value Of DropdownList Box Display Value - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow

Air Astana - Join Now

Blog - Avisra

Online Booking Tool Support