Generation of PowerBuilder-Application (5.03)

We are generating our applications with Powerbuilder 5.03 using PCode.

Normally the application works fine, but during some days the same
application aborts (Dr. Watson). Have anybody an idea, why this happens
or what can we do to avoid this problem?

Thank you very much!

On Mon, 09 Aug 1999 11:07:39 +0200, in
powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "G�nter Bethke"
<GIMmbH@T-Online.de> wrote:

>We are generating our applications with Powerbuilder 5.03 using PCode.
>
>Normally the application works fine, but during some days the same
>application aborts (Dr. Watson). Have anybody an idea, why this happens
>or what can we do to avoid this problem?

A general suggestion is upgrade at least to 5.0.04 .  That version was
more stable than 5.0.03.  If you can go to 6 even better, 5.0 is no
longer supported.

To get a more specific reply you will have to provide more details.
Try to determine if there is a pattern to the failure.  For ex, does
it always happen when you close a window, retrieve, etc...

Write down the DLL and address of the DR Watson error.   Is it always
the same?

Try to duplicate the error while running the executable in the trace
mode.  (Run  yourexe.exe /pbdebug )  The last few lines in the trace
file will point you to the last instructions executed by your app.

Please post the results here.

 Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
 mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com
    ___
  ____   _
 _____    _
  ____   _
    ___

 Dynamic Technology Group, Inc.
 http://www.dynamictechgroup.com/
0
NOSPAM_bgasin

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

Application generation for PowerBuilder
Hello! I'm using PowerDesigner 6.0 for PowerBuilder. Is anybody know the way how I can put more then 2 datawindow in the window over AppModeler? Don't want to leave you hanging, but I'm not a PowerBuilder guru. I'm pretty sure AppModeler can do it, but I'll have to get help to figure out how. Patience, Mike Nicewarner shevchdv wrote in message <01bd1d90$f68bdfe0$323601c2@sdv50>... >Hello! >I'm using PowerDesigner 6.0 for PowerBuilder. >Is anybody know the way how I can put more then 2 datawindow in the window >over AppModeler? >...

powerbuilder 5.03
I have a cuestion : Is possible use Watcom 4.0 and PowerBuilder 5.03 ?, Can it work together ?. I work with Watcom 4.0 and PowerBuilder 4.0.05, but I need to use the news caracteristics of version 5.03. I don�t have to work with SQL Anywhere 5.0, is this the problem. Excuse me by my liitle english. Thanks. Oscar Miranda Aguilar wrote: > > I have a cuestion : > Is possible use Watcom 4.0 and PowerBuilder 5.03 ?, Can it work together ?. Yes. Theoretically all you need to do is install 5.0.03 and define an ODBC profile. Are you getting some sort of error? Yes. My co...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

upgraded to 5.5.03, now getting DB error -157 in PowerBuilder
I just tried upgrading to SA 5.5.03 from 5.0.02, and our (PowerBuilder) application is giving the following error when it opens: Predefined Message "database error" not found transaction error -157 database error -157 SQLState 07006 cannot convert SQLDATE ti a date/time Any ideas? I'm guessing this is from a PFC function, but have no idea how to proceed. Any thoughts/advice/experience greatly appreciated begin 666 Daniel C Terrill.vcf M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..E1E<G)I;&P[1&%N:65L.T,- M"D9..D1A;FEE;"!#(%1E<G)I;&P-...

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

PowerBuilder 6.5 to Powerbuilder 9.0.1
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

PowerBuilder 5.0.03
When will the patch/update to 5.0.03 be available for download? The CD has already been released to various companies a couple weeks ago but it is still not available at: http://www.powersoft.com/services/support/pbuilder/files/pb_win_maint.html. Thanks in advance. Richard Amacker wrote: > > When will the patch/update to 5.0.03 be available for download? > > The CD has already been released to various companies a couple weeks ago > but it is still not available at: > > http://www.powersoft.com/services/support/pbuilder/files/pb_win_maint.html. >...

Migrating from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 8.0
We are doing a feasibility study of migrating a PFC based PowerBuilder Application from v6.5 to v8.0. This application is heavily PFC depended and also includes many custom based core layers. If anybody has done (PFC based) powerbuilder migration prior kindly suggest the best approach on the following. 1) How to successfully migrate from PowerBuilder 6.5/PFC - PowerBuilder 8.0/PFC. 2) How to fix/resolve post migration errors etc... . Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards Vamsi ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide....

Migration to PowerBuilder 6.5 from Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi all, I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soon. I would like to know if I have to migrate previously to Powerbuilder 5.0, or if it is possible to migrate directly from Powerbuilder 4.0 to 6.5. In the last case I would like to know if I can have any problems during the upgrade process. Thanks in advance... On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:46:07 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jorge Salamanca" <jsalamanca@fintec.es> wrote: >Hi all, > >I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soo...

Generating PowerBuilder Applications from Data Model
A few years ago I used a version of PowerDesigner (perhaps AppModeller) to generate a functioning PowerBuilder application directly from a physical data model. It was fine for editing static data. I now have PowerDesigner 9.5.0 and want to do it again for static data. I can't find how to do it in this version of PowerBuilder. Any ideas? The functionality of AppModeler was not carried forward to PD 7, 8 or 9.x. However, using the 9.5.2 release, you are able to generate and reverse engineer PB extended attributes in the PDM. In the OOM, you can now reverse engineer your entire...

Web resources about - Generation of PowerBuilder-Application (5.03) - sybase.powerbuilder.general