generating a custom webpage in PB from a generated table and html template

Hey Y'all:

I don't have any clue where to start here on this part.  This is my problem:

I need to get a functionality provided in a legacy access 2000 app into my
PB development.  What is does is this:

Our users have a website where on one their pages is a project status page.
It lists the studies and what their current status is.  What's being used
now is this:

An access form called projects has an sql which generates the resultset.
When the user clicks on the internet option from the reports form, projects'
output is generated into an HTML table which in turn is taken to a html
template called status.htm that has the following tag:
<!--AccessTemplate_Body-->

This tells Access where to place that table.  That page then becomes
projtrack.html and our users post that page to the web.

If someone could throw me a bone here on how to marry the two I'd appreciate
it.  I figure a datawindow to get the equivalent data and I saw I have a
saveas option of HTML table, so I got that much.

The template was created in FrontPage..Don't know I'll be using that or a
new template

Evita R. Chapa
Senior Systems Analyst II
Command Technologies, Inc.

Which is your objective: to call the Access functionality or to
replace it?

As far as the HTML from the datawindow goes, you need to decide
whether you want to save the data set or the presentation layer. If
the former, you've got the right approach. If the latter, have a look
at the code I'm pulling out quite regularly this week <g>:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=kle7st0k8id2p40p3495s1m52j4e9l93s1%404ax.com

Let us know,

On Wed, 7 May 2003 14:09:45 -0500, "E Chapa" <echapa@commtechinc.com>
wrote:

>Hey Y'all:
>
>I don't have any clue where to start here on this part.  This is my problem:
>
>I need to get a functionality provided in a legacy access 2000 app into my
>PB development.  What is does is this:
>
>Our users have a website where on one their pages is a project status page.
>It lists the studies and what their current status is.  What's being used
>now is this:
>
>An access form called projects has an sql which generates the resultset.
>When the user clicks on the internet option from the reports form, projects'
>output is generated into an HTML table which in turn is taken to a html
>template called status.htm that has the following tag:
><!--AccessTemplate_Body-->
>
>This tells Access where to place that table.  That page then becomes
>projtrack.html and our users post that page to the web.
>
>If someone could throw me a bone here on how to marry the two I'd appreciate
>it.  I figure a datawindow to get the equivalent data and I saw I have a
>saveas option of HTML table, so I got that much.
>
>The template was created in FrontPage..Don't know I'll be using that or a
>new template
>
>Thanks

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
5/8/2003 4:56:21 AM
Hi Terry,

Thanks for the response.  Sorry if I wasn't clear - I need to replace that
acess functionality with something similar in PB.

I don't think it has to match presentation-wise like my tabular
datawindow..As long as the column headers and rows are there that's all I
need so just saving the data is what I'll still do.

I read some more but still don't get how I'd do that last part in the access
function - taking the HTML table , getting the HTML template, merge it and
then save the page with another name.

Evita R. Chapa
Senior Systems Analyst II
Command Technologies, Inc.

"Terry Voth" <sequel@techno-kitten.com> wrote in message
> Which is your objective: to call the Access functionality or to
> replace it?
>
> As far as the HTML from the datawindow goes, you need to decide
> whether you want to save the data set or the presentation layer. If
> the former, you've got the right approach. If the latter, have a look
> at the code I'm pulling out quite regularly this week <g>:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=kle7
st0k8id2p40p3495s1m52j4e9l93s1%404ax.com

> Let us know,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On Wed, 7 May 2003 14:09:45 -0500, "E Chapa" <echapa@commtechinc.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hey Y'all:
> >
> >I don't have any clue where to start here on this part.  This is my
problem:

> >I need to get a functionality provided in a legacy access 2000 app into
my
> >PB development.  What is does is this:
> >
> >Our users have a website where on one their pages is a project status
page.
> >It lists the studies and what their current status is.  What's being used
> >now is this:
> >
> >An access form called projects has an sql which generates the resultset.
> >When the user clicks on the internet option from the reports form,
projects'
> >output is generated into an HTML table which in turn is taken to a html
> >template called status.htm that has the following tag:
> ><!--AccessTemplate_Body-->
> >
> >This tells Access where to place that table.  That page then becomes
> >projtrack.html and our users post that page to the web.
> >
> >If someone could throw me a bone here on how to marry the two I'd
appreciate
> >it.  I figure a datawindow to get the equivalent data and I saw I have a
> >saveas option of HTML table, so I got that much.
> >
> >The template was created in FrontPage..Don't know I'll be using that or a
> >new template
> >
> >Thanks
>

> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 2.2.05 now available at the Sandbox
> See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*=

--------------B04FE7563D5C3F7FFA251C63

I'm going to guess right off the bat that PB can't do this natively.  You
probably need
to generate the HTML yourself from the data in the rows of the datastore.  Not
that
hard to wrap each row with a <TR><TD>data</TD></TR> sequence and append
it to the end of a copy of the template.  If it's Frontpage, you may also have
insert some DIV and ID names and so forth so the CSS for the fonts and colors
still works.

That is, pretend you have only NOTEPAD (the most advanced HTML editor
on the planet ;-(  ) and string concatenation around to do your work.  You can
in fact probably put computed columns in the datastore which add the table tags
to the data and the TR tags and yields you the whole table (at least the part
under the <TABLE> tag.  Might even be able to import the template into one
Datastore as an external datastore with columns that are string(255) or
something
sufficiently large.  Then rowscopy the HTML you generated, and export the
whole salami to a file named foo.HTM.

E Chapa wrote:

> [...]
> > >output is generated into an HTML table which in turn is taken to a html
> > >template called status.htm that has the following tag:
> > ><!--AccessTemplate_Body-->
> > >
> > >This tells Access where to place that table.  That page then becomes
> > >projtrack.html and our users post that page to the web.
> > >
> > >If someone could throw me a bone here on how to marry the two I'd
> appreciate
> > >it.  I figure a datawindow to get the equivalent data and I saw I have a
> > >saveas option of HTML table, so I got that much.
> > >
> > >The template was created in FrontPage..Don't know I'll be using that or a
> > >new template
> > >
> > >Thanks
> >

> > Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> > Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> > Version 2.2.05 now available at the Sandbox
> > See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox

I'm going to guess right off the bat that PB can't do this natively.&nbsp;
You probably need
Not that
and append
may also have to
and colors
work.&nbsp; You can
table tags
the part
into one
or something
export the
that
all I
access
it and
If
look
is my
into
being used
a html
becomes
saw I have a
that or a

--------------B04FE7563D5C3F7FFA251C63--

0
woz

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C31547.D4934B30

Hey Woz,

Like I told Terry, generating the table itself isn't a problem..I can =
just do a dw_1.saveas  with HTMLTable! (I tried it on one of my =
datawindows) and it works ok.  Also found if any fields (computed, data) =
are not visible, they don't come across.  That works for me since some =
of the fields I'd bring over are only so I can filter the data before I =
save it.

Since that HTML Template has a tag of where to insert the table..just =
guessing, read that html file (haven't lookup the file functions in PB =
yet), find that tag and insert my table, then maybe read the rest of the =
file (all the while saving it to another HTML name?)

I'm just getting my gameplan right now..had to temporarily stop working =
on it...Client needs to get some things finalized before I can keep =
going.

--=20
Evita R. Chapa
Senior Systems Analyst II
Command Technologies, Inc.

  "woz" <abuse@msn.com> wrote in message =
  I'm going to guess right off the bat that PB can't do this natively.  =
You probably need=20
  to generate the HTML yourself from the data in the rows of the =
datastore.  Not that=20
  hard to wrap each row with a <TR><TD>data</TD></TR> sequence and =
append=20
  it to the end of a copy of the template.  If it's Frontpage, you may =
also have to=20
  insert some DIV and ID names and so forth so the CSS for the fonts and =
colors=20
  still works.=20
  That is, pretend you have only NOTEPAD (the most advanced HTML editor=20
  on the planet ;-(  ) and string concatenation around to do your work.  =
You can=20
  in fact probably put computed columns in the datastore which add the =
table tags=20
  to the data and the TR tags and yields you the whole table (at least =
the part=20
  under the <TABLE> tag.  Might even be able to import the template into =
one=20
  Datastore as an external datastore with columns that are string(255) =
or something=20
  sufficiently large.  Then rowscopy the HTML you generated, and export =
the=20
  whole salami to a file named foo.HTM.=20

  E Chapa wrote:=20

    Hi Terry,=20
    Thanks for the response.  Sorry if I wasn't clear - I need to =
replace that=20
    acess functionality with something similar in PB.=20

    I don't think it has to match presentation-wise like my tabular=20
    datawindow..As long as the column headers and rows are there that's =
all I=20
    need so just saving the data is what I'll still do.=20

    I read some more but still don't get how I'd do that last part in =
the access=20
    function - taking the HTML table , getting the HTML template, merge =
it and=20
    then save the page with another name.=20

    Thanks=20

    --=20
    Evita R. Chapa=20
    Senior Systems Analyst II=20
    Command Technologies, Inc.=20

    "Terry Voth" <sequel@techno-kitten.com> wrote in message=20
    > Which is your objective: to call the Access functionality or to=20
    > replace it?=20
    >=20
    > As far as the HTML from the datawindow goes, you need to decide=20
    > whether you want to save the data set or the presentation layer. =
If=20
    > the former, you've got the right approach. If the latter, have a =
look=20
    > at the code I'm pulling out quite regularly this week <g>:=20
    >=20
    >=20
    =
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=3Den&lr=3Dlang_en&ie=3DUTF-8&oe=3DUTF-=
8&selm=3Dkle7=20
    st0k8id2p40p3495s1m52j4e9l93s1%404ax.com=20
<echapa@commtechinc.com>=20
    > wrote:=20
    >=20
    > >Hey Y'all:=20
    > >=20
    > >I don't have any clue where to start here on this part.  This is =
my=20
    problem:=20
    > >=20
    > >I need to get a functionality provided in a legacy access 2000 =
app into=20
    my=20
    > >PB development.  What is does is this:=20
    > >=20
    > >Our users have a website where on one their pages is a project =
status=20
    page.=20
    > >It lists the studies and what their current status is.  What's =
being used=20
    > >now is this:=20
    > >=20
    > >An access form called projects has an sql which generates the =
resultset.=20
    > >When the user clicks on the internet option from the reports =
form,=20
    projects'=20
    > >output is generated into an HTML table which in turn is taken to =
a html=20
    > >template called status.htm that has the following tag:=20
    > ><!--AccessTemplate_Body-->=20
    > >=20
    > >This tells Access where to place that table.  That page then =
becomes=20
    > >projtrack.html and our users post that page to the web.=20
    > >=20
    > >If someone could throw me a bone here on how to marry the two I'd =

    appreciate=20
    > >it.  I figure a datawindow to get the equivalent data and I saw I =
have a=20
    > >saveas option of HTML table, so I got that much.=20
    > >=20
    > >The template was created in FrontPage..Don't know I'll be using =
that or a=20
    > >new template=20
    > >=20
    > >Thanks=20
    >=20
    >=20
    > Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com=20
    > Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.=20
    > Version 2.2.05 now available at the Sandbox=20
    > See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox=20
    > ^ ^=20
    > o o=20
    > =3D*=3D

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C31547.D4934B30

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hey Woz,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Like I told Terry, generating the table =
itself=20
isn't a problem..I can just do a dw_1.saveas&nbsp; with HTMLTable! (I =
tried it=20
on one of my datawindows) and it works ok.&nbsp; Also found if any =
fields=20
(computed, data) are not visible, they don't come across.&nbsp; That =
works for=20
me since some of the fields I'd bring over are only so I can filter the =
data=20
before I save it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Since that HTML Template has a tag of =
where to=20
insert the table..just guessing, read that html file (haven't lookup the =
file=20
functions in PB yet), find that tag and insert my table, then maybe read =
the=20
rest of the file (all the while saving it to another HTML =
name?)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm just getting my gameplan right =
now..had to=20
temporarily stop working on it...Client needs to get some things =
finalized=20
before I can keep going.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>-- <BR>Evita R. Chapa<BR>Senior =
Systems Analyst=20
II<BR>Command Technologies, Inc.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"woz" &lt;<A href=3D"mailto:abuse@msn.com">abuse@msn.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:3EBA6BD2.5DD40BDB@msn.com">news:3EBA6BD2.5DD40BDB@msn.com</A=
>...</DIV>I'm=20
  going to guess right off the bat that PB can't do this natively.&nbsp; =
You=20
  probably need <BR>to generate the HTML yourself from the data in the =
rows of=20
  the datastore.&nbsp; Not that <BR>hard to wrap each row with a=20
  &lt;TR&gt;&lt;TD&gt;data&lt;/TD&gt;&lt;/TR&gt; sequence and append =
<BR>it to=20
  the end of a copy of the template.&nbsp; If it's Frontpage, you may =
also have=20
  to <BR>insert some DIV and ID names and so forth so the CSS for the =
fonts and=20
  colors <BR>still works.=20
  <P>That is, pretend you have only NOTEPAD (the most advanced HTML =
editor=20
  <BR>on the planet ;-(&nbsp; ) and string concatenation around to do =
your=20
  work.&nbsp; You can <BR>in fact probably put computed columns in the =
datastore=20
  which add the table tags <BR>to the data and the TR tags and yields =
you the=20
  whole table (at least the part <BR>under the &lt;TABLE&gt; tag.&nbsp; =
Might=20
  even be able to import the template into one <BR>Datastore as an =
external=20
  datastore with columns that are string(255) or something =
<BR>sufficiently=20
  large.&nbsp; Then rowscopy the HTML you generated, and export the =
<BR>whole=20
  salami to a file named foo.HTM.=20
  <P>E Chapa wrote:=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3D"CITE">Hi Terry,=20
    <P>Thanks for the response.&nbsp; Sorry if I wasn't clear - I need =
to=20
    replace that <BR>acess functionality with something similar in PB.=20
    <P>I don't think it has to match presentation-wise like my tabular=20
    <BR>datawindow..As long as the column headers and rows are there =
that's all=20
    I <BR>need so just saving the data is what I'll still do.=20
    <P>I read some more but still don't get how I'd do that last part in =
the=20
    access <BR>function - taking the HTML table , getting the HTML =
template,=20
    merge it and <BR>then save the page with another name.=20
    <P>Thanks=20
    <P>-- <BR>Evita R. Chapa <BR>Senior Systems Analyst II <BR>Command=20
    Technologies, Inc.=20
    <P>"Terry Voth" &lt;sequel@techno-kitten.com&gt; wrote in message =
<BR><A=20
    =
href=3D"news:5eojbvcpg1g6ui7cf36vktkqkecki9f0ns@4ax.com">news:5eojbvcpg1g=
6ui7cf36vktkqkecki9f0ns@4ax.com</A>...=20
    <BR>&gt; Which is your objective: to call the Access functionality =
or to=20
    <BR>&gt; replace it? <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; As far as the HTML from the=20
    datawindow goes, you need to decide <BR>&gt; whether you want to =
save the=20
    data set or the presentation layer. If <BR>&gt; the former, you've =
got the=20
    right approach. If the latter, have a look <BR>&gt; at the code I'm =
pulling=20
    out quite regularly this week &lt;g&gt;: <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR><A=20
    =
href=3D"http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=3Den&amp;lr=3Dlang_en&amp;ie=3D=
UTF-8&amp;oe=3DUTF-8&amp;selm=3Dkle7">http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=3D=
en&amp;lr=3Dlang_en&amp;ie=3DUTF-8&amp;oe=3DUTF-8&amp;selm=3Dkle7</A>=20
    <BR>st0k8id2p40p3495s1m52j4e9l93s1%404ax.com <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Let =
us know,=20
    <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten =
<BR>&gt;=20
    <BR>&gt; On Wed, 7 May 2003 14:09:45 -0500, "E Chapa"=20
    &lt;echapa@commtechinc.com&gt; <BR>&gt; wrote: <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
&gt;Hey=20
    Y'all: <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;I don't have any clue where to =
start here=20
    on this part.&nbsp; This is my <BR>problem: <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; =
&gt;I=20
    need to get a functionality provided in a legacy access 2000 app =
into <BR>my=20
    <BR>&gt; &gt;PB development.&nbsp; What is does is this: <BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
    <BR>&gt; &gt;Our users have a website where on one their pages is a =
project=20
    status <BR>page. <BR>&gt; &gt;It lists the studies and what their =
current=20
    status is.&nbsp; What's being used <BR>&gt; &gt;now is this: =
<BR>&gt; &gt;=20
    <BR>&gt; &gt;An access form called projects has an sql which =
generates the=20
    resultset. <BR>&gt; &gt;When the user clicks on the internet option =
from the=20
    reports form, <BR>projects' <BR>&gt; &gt;output is generated into an =
HTML=20
    table which in turn is taken to a html <BR>&gt; &gt;template called=20
    status.htm that has the following tag: <BR>&gt;=20
    &gt;&lt;!--AccessTemplate_Body--&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;This =
tells=20
    Access where to place that table.&nbsp; That page then becomes =
<BR>&gt;=20
    &gt;projtrack.html and our users post that page to the web. <BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
    <BR>&gt; &gt;If someone could throw me a bone here on how to marry =
the two=20
    I'd <BR>appreciate <BR>&gt; &gt;it.&nbsp; I figure a datawindow to =
get the=20
    equivalent data and I saw I have a <BR>&gt; &gt;saveas option of =
HTML table,=20
    so I got that much. <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;The template was =
created in=20
    FrontPage..Don't know I'll be using that or a <BR>&gt; &gt;new =
template=20
    <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;Thanks <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
Sequel's=20
    Sandbox: <A=20
    =
href=3D"http://www.techno-kitten.com">http://www.techno-kitten.com</A>=20
    <BR>&gt; Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit. =
<BR>&gt;=20
    Version 2.2.05 now available at the Sandbox <BR>&gt; See the new PB=20
    Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox <BR>&gt; ^ ^ <BR>&gt; o o =
<BR>&gt;=20
    =3D*=3D</P></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C31547.D4934B30--

--------------F2B8D75EA0CADAC9866252BA

Yeh, you got the general idea.  I work with ColdFusion sometimes, where
one
creates templates that refer to inner HTML like tables all the time.
Funny, I never
missed the datawindow in that product, cuz once you get inside a browser
your
GUI options for updating are pretty limited and basic.  Wasn't hard to
generate
my own HTML and make it look exactly like I wanted, wrapped around the
data.

You can probably take a blank template page, stick a comment in there
that
defines the point where the DW HTML should be inserted, and program to
put the data where the X mark is.  You should be able to create a dummy
test
page to make sure all the formatting is nice beforehand, and view that
in a browser.

Then one way or another modify the file to contain the table(s).

E Chapa wrote:

> [...]
>     > > >
>     > > >If someone could throw me a bone here on how to marry
>     > the two I'd
>     > appreciate
>     > > >it.  I figure a datawindow to get the equivalent data
>     > and I saw I have a
>     > > >saveas option of HTML table, so I got that much.
>     > > >
>     > > >The template was created in FrontPage..Don't know I'll
>     > be using that or a
>     > > >new template
>     > > >
>     > > >Thanks
>     > >
>     > >
>     > > Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
>     > > Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
>     > > Version 2.2.05 now available at the Sandbox
>     > > See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox

Yeh, you got the general idea.&nbsp; I work with ColdFusion sometimes,
where one
Funny, I never
your
hard to generate
the data.
that
a dummy test
in a browser.
generating the table itself isn't a problem..I can just do a dw_1.saveas&nbsp;
with HTMLTable! (I tried it on one of my datawindows) and it works ok.&nbsp;
Also found if any fields (computed, data) are not visible, they don't come
across.&nbsp; That works for me since some of the fields I'd bring over
that HTML Template has a tag of where to insert the table..just guessing,
read that html file (haven't lookup the file functions in PB yet), find
that tag and insert my table, then maybe read the rest of the file (all
just getting my gameplan right now..had to temporarily stop working on
it...Client needs to get some things finalized before I can keep going.</font></font>&nbsp;&nbsp;
style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">"woz"
&lt;<a href="mailto:abuse@msn.com">abuse@msn.com</a>> wrote in message
[...]

HTML Generator generates different code in PB 11
We are in process of migration an web application (Jaguar 5.2 + Powerbuilder 9 to Jaguar 5.5 + PowerBuilder 11.5.1). I have run a simple test by generation HTML for a datawindow and noticed following problem: Example: PB9: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="test_0" SIZE=9 VALUE="test" CLASS=htmldw9D TABINDEX=1 STYLE="position:absolute; left:0.105in; top:0.010in; width:0.624in" onFocus= PB11.5.1 <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="test_0" SIZE=9 VALUE="test" CLASS=htmldw27 TABINDEX=1 STYLE="position:absolute; left:0....

Templates and HTML Generation?
Now that we have this great MVC framework I can see a way to generating all the HTML which then can post to controllers - does anyone know of anything close to this? Skinning/Theming doesn't really cut it in terms of changing the entire site layout and a good runtime generator with some kind of templates would be good.ta-c  MasterPages? I'm not sure I fully understood what your problem is. __________________________________________Sergio Pereirahttp://devlicio.us/blogs/sergio_pereira/  Perhaps you could use CodeSmith to write code generation templates them put them...

Generating HTML table
I'm having a problem generating an HTML table for a DataWindow. The dataWindow contains a Group, the Group columns do not show up on the table that is generated. If you have any solutions, please reply. Thank you in advance, George Which version of PB? I have no problems doing a savaseas(html) in 6.5 and 5.0.04. It includes the group and its columns. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Frank Chen wrote in message ... >I'm having a problem generating an HTML table for a DataWindow. The >dataWindow contains a Group, the Group columns do not ...

how to generate custom scripts when generate option is unchecked
how to generate custom scripts when generate option is unchecked I have a design where foreign key are controlled in triggers. However, I want the index for it created that will get created otherwise in the child table automatically if the foreign key was generated. I want to add a VBScript or other means to accomplish this. Any starter to start with will be great. thanks vsv You can manage this without VBSCript. Yikes! Sorry for the delay on responding to this. In the Generation Options, you can enable or disable "FK Indexes". If you are using constraints, th...

Can a CheckBoxList generate a html row instead of a complete html table ?
Can a CheckBoxList generate only the html code for a row in a table rather than generating a complete html table ?I want to use more than one CheckBoxList, since I have a couple of such items which logically relates to each other. Thus it would be natural to treat them as checkbox lists rather than individual ASP.NET checkbox objects.Visually, I would like all checkboxes to be presented in a table form.The first table row should contain the items in the first CheckBoxList, the second row in the table should contain the items in the second CheckBoxList, and so on.My problem is that each ASP.N...

Custom HTML DataWindow Generator
Help! We took the PowerBuilder source code, customized it, then deployed it. We now have two components in the DataWindow package: HTMLGenerator OrderEntryDWGenerator We compiled the generated and compiled the java stubs then called our new generator from a web page and ... it worked! We didn't get any data which is what we expected. So we made some changes to the HTML and tried it again and got: ERROR: Creating Jaguar component 'DataWindow/OrderEntryDWGenerator', 'Unable to narrow the component to the required interface: "DataWindow/HTMLGeneratorHe...

Customer Auto-Template Generation
How does the FormView control's automatic template generating process get the metadata it needs to generate the labels and textboxes, etc based on what the datasouce control is currently being bound to?  I am extending an ObjectDataSource control and need to adjust how the FormView gets metadata from the ObjectDataSource control.  Is there a property or method in the ObjectDataSource that I can override which exposes metadata about the specific class it is working with? Billy   It uses reflection to inspect its data objects:http://www.codersource.net/published/view/2...

Easy HTML Tables Generator?
I'm looking for a program -or- a website that will generate tables within tables (html) easily. Thanks in advance. You might be interested in this. Very much like HomeSite really and though it's not exactly what you asked for tables are much nicer in a decent editor. There is a table wizard... http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage/ -- Trouble opening Outlook Express attachments? http://www.tames.net/oe6.htm Charlie "Frodo" <Frodo@gourd-of-the-patch----the-fellowship-of-the-vegetables.org> wrote in message news:amualv$2gl0$1@news.grc.com... > I'm looki...

How to generate Powerbuilder code from table
I am trying to figure out how to generate an NVO (nonvisual object) with standard getter/setter methods from a table. The ObjectArchitect module does a reasonable job of allowing the creation of an NVO with private instance variables whose access is controlled via get/set methods. However, I can't see a way in ObjectArchitect to pull a table from a datasource and then build a new class from it. Basically, I just trying to do a standard Java-style value object (pseudo-container managed persistance). Thanks, Jason You reverse engineer the table into the Physical model, t...

generating PDF from (simple) HTML generated page content
 Hi all, I would like to allow the option for user to PDF print HTML printer friendly pages using any available dot net library (commercial or OS).The printer friendly pages are generated using asp.net. At least one of the packages I tried out required you to use very proprietary PDF styles and Font not taking any advantage of content from pages already produced and the styles they contain. I would like to avoid the extra coding and just produce straight PDF from Html.I would like also to use pure .NET libraries.Does anyone have any suggestions ?TIA,Tuka   Try this...

Another HTML-table-generator
Hi, I work on a little HTML-table-generator. There are plenty of them availib= le,=20 but I still decided to try my own. And I would like to here, what you thi= nk=20 of it. It is a fully object-oriented implementation. My intention is, that it is= =20 really easy to use. It makes no sense, if it is easier to write HTML=20 yourself. Here is a example-script: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use HTML::OOTable; my $t =3D new HTML::OOTable(['wert1', 'wert2'], ['wert3', 'wert4']); $t->cell(0, 0)->attr(bgcolor =3D> 'red', font...

Why there is a custom GetLibraryList() in HTML Generator ?
Hi, After 2 days struggling with the deploy to Jaguar on Solaris, I found that the pbdwrmt.pbl, that comes with Powerbuilder, has this line of code in the Local External Functions declaration: function string GetLibraryList() system Library "pbvm70.DLL" alias for "fnGetLibraryList" This caused Jaguar to abend on Solaris when instantiating the custom HTML Generator. Commenting that line and re-deploying made everything fine. Why does it exist ? What is the problem of the original GetLibraryList() ? When deploying to Solaris, is it needed to change pbvm70.dl...

Generating HTML with custom CSS
Hi ! I was looking in www.Sybase.com for tips/pointers for generating HTML with "Common Web Site" CSS using the HTML DataWindow... And I found people had exactly the same problematic ! Did anyone come to a solution ? I would really appreciate if you could help me on this matter. TIA Rodney KEMPLER Rodney, Exactly what kind of problems are you facing? Rodney KEMPLER wrote: > Hi ! > > I was looking in www.Sybase.com for tips/pointers for generating HTML with > "Common Web Site" CSS using the HTML DataWindow... ...

Text from a Dynamically generated TextBox in a Dynamically generated Table and Ajax
Hi I have made an Ajax enabled asp page. I get a table when i click on a button. I dynamically create this table and show it using ajax. The Cells of the table contains TextBoxes. Now I have another button (Button2) which takes the text from the first textbox (id="text0") and displays it. The problem is this second button (Button2), it doesnt work correctly. That is, if I type something on the first textbox (text1) and click on the button2, it does not show me the change in the textbox. This is the code for the button2 onClick event. protected void Button2_Click(object sen...

Web resources about - generating a custom webpage in PB from a generated table and html template - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Formulas for generating Pythagorean triples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following method is a direct algebraic manipulation of the Euclid equations. Start with any even integer , and use the relation from the ...

Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System - Spring 2013 - a set on Flickr
... Commons Getty Collection Galleries World Map App Garden Camera Finder The Weekly Flickr FlickrBlog Upload Sign In Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating ...

Generating Electricity More Efficiently with Multiphase Thermoelectric Converter
The Multiphase Thermoelectric Converter is a direct thermal-to-electrical energy conversion system designed in order to harvest most of the waste ...

Generating media attention was the aim of New York Times attack: Akamai
Cyber attacks, such as the recent one on the New York Times, are more about gaining attention than causing damage, according to Akamai.

FourPlay review: Generating momentum with improvisation and surprise
From string quartet into a rock band 19 years ago and FourPlay is presenting `interesting compositions, with finely detailed arrangements', John ...

Brazilian inmates shorten sentences by generating power
An innovative program in Brazil's southeastern Minas Gerais state allows inmates at a prison in to reduce their sentences in exchange for generating ...

Live blog of MagNet2013 Conference: Generating Publicity—The Right Way
Live blog of MagNet2013 Conference: Generating Publicity—The Right Way

Generating interest in homegrown power
Generating interest in homegrown power People's Daily Online ... are dealing with the preliminary paperwork. "The method was absolutely new ...

IHG generating over $20 million a month in revenue from mobile bookings
InterContinental Hotels' emphasis is on developing booking apps and mobile features to engage with guests in every step of their journey.

TIMELINE: Shutdowns at San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station over 13 years
This timeline of events looks at shutdowns at the San Onofre Nuclear Generating plant over the past 13 years.