From DS to DW full data copying

Hi All,

I have a composite DW "dw_report". The retrieving process is performed with
datastore:

my_datastore ds
ds = create my_datastore
ds.DataObject = "dw_report"
ds.SetTransObject( SQLCA )
ds.Retrieve( args )

My question is How can I get retrieved data from the datastore in order to
display it in my DW with composite report?
I've tried to use GetFullState() and SetFullState() functions but it has not
helped.

Thanks for any advice

0
Koliazine

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:57:42 +0300, "Koliazine Dmitry"
<Kolyazine@yandex.ru> wrote:

You'll have to get a handle to the nested report with a call to
getChild(). Make sure you have named your nested report because that's
the name you'll have to pass to getChild().  And by 'name' I mean a
name you've supplied in the properties page, not the datawindow name.
After geting the handle, you can shareData with the datastore.

datawindowchild ldwc
dw_comp.getChild("report_name", ldwc)

ds_1.shareData(ldwc)

Beware that this will only work if the nested report has NO nested
report in it. You can;t get the handle of a report that has nested
reports.  HTH.

Larry Molter
Former Sybase Tools Instructor
>Hi All,
>
>I have a composite DW "dw_report". The retrieving process is performed with
>datastore:
>
>my_datastore ds
>ds = create my_datastore
>ds.DataObject = "dw_report"
>ds.SetTransObject( SQLCA )
>ds.Retrieve( args )
>
>My question is How can I get retrieved data from the datastore in order to
>display it in my DW with composite report?
>I've tried to use GetFullState() and SetFullState() functions but it has not
>helped.
>
>Thanks for any advice

0
lmolter1

Web resources about - From DS to DW full data copying - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Private copying levy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A private copying levy (also known as blank media tax or levy ) is a government -mandated scheme in which a special tax or levy (additional to ...

Zynga CEO Dispels Facebook Game Copying Accusations
... they are like the crew mechanic in our games. They give you a new way to interact with your friends. Zynga was also accused last week of copying ...

Showing Apple employee #8 some of my artifacts. He remembers manually copying the Star Wars cassettes ...
jurvetson posted a photo: He has a rig that fed eight recoding tape drives from one master, and he would manually copy eight tapes at a time ...

The Secret Pattern That Stops You Copying Bank Notes - YouTube
http://tomscott.com - @tomscott - There's a hidden pattern on banknotes, all around the world, that means photocopiers refuse to copy them.

CSAIL fixes software bugs automatically, in any language, by copying from safer applications
A new system can repair bugs in software using smart processing that imports functionality from other programs, all without access to source ...

Australia risks copying US 'ag-gag' laws to turn animal activists into terrorists
When Amy Meyer saw a sick cow being pushed by a bulldozer outside a slaughterhouse, she did what any of us would in this age of iPhones and Instagram ...

Hardware vendors sue Dutch government over copyright levies - regulation, legal, Dutch Home Copying Foundation ...
... on hard disks, smartphones, tablets and MP3 players that are meant to compensate the music and movie industries for losses caused by home copying. ...

Grace Jones slams Lady Gaga for copying her, describes her as soulless - The Courier-Mail Search Search ...
GRACE Jones has slammed Lady Gaga in a new interview, saying she didn’t “feel a soul” when she met the controversial pop star.

Iran claims to be copying US drone
CTV.ca Iran claims to be copying US drone Herald Sun AN IRANIAN military commander said the country is building a copy of a US spy drone captured ...

Ex-cop pleads guilty to copying sex video
A former officer has pleaded guilty to copying a private sex video he found on the mobile phone of a victim who came to police for help last ...