Find an external program

I am trying to find a way to determine if an external non PB program
(I.E. ExamDiff.exe) is running from a PB app. I have tried using
GetModuleHandleA, but it always returns 0. I'm sorry I have looked all
through the groups, but nothing seems to help.

We are using PB10.2 on a Windows XP front end.

Thank you in advance for your help.
0
lnduncan

http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0162.html

--
Report Bugs: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

<lnduncan@bemis.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to find a way to determine if an external non PB program
> (I.E. ExamDiff.exe) is running from a PB app. I have tried using
> GetModuleHandleA, but it always returns 0. I'm sorry I have looked all
> through the groups, but nothing seems to help.
>
> We are using PB10.2 on a Windows XP front end.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

0
Jerry
4/23/2009 7:05:57 PM
Thank you Jerry, that worked.

On Apr 23, 3:05=A0pm, "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]"
<jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com> wrote:
> http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0162.html
>
> --
> Report Bugs:http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
> Product Enhancement Requests:http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhanc=
ement

> <lndun...@bemis.com> wrote in message

> >I am trying to find a way to determine if an external non PB program
> > (I.E. ExamDiff.exe) is running from a PB app. I have tried using
> > GetModuleHandleA, but it always returns 0. I'm sorry I have looked all
> > through the groups, but nothing seems to help.
>
> > We are using PB10.2 on a Windows XP front end.
>
> > Thank you in advance for your help.- Hide quoted text -

lnduncan

How to integrate an external program(schedul application) to Powerbuilder screen?
Does anyone know how to integrate an external program(schedule application) to Powerbuilder screen? Thank you very much. Does the application you are trying to interface to support OLE? On Mon, 3 May 1999 10:34:10 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex Sheng <sheng_ng@exe.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how to integrate an external program(schedule application) >to Powerbuilder screen? Thank you very much. > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com | mailto:jobs@s...

What generals generally do

powerbuilder program in citrix environment
We have a program written in powerbuilder deployed using citrix. Users connect to our program through citrix log on. The program runs in citrix server and user sees the seamless screen. From this program we need to execute a client program such as excel, acrobat reader or Internet explorer . 1) Used run command in powerbuilder but excel or iexplore runs in server side and screen transmit to user. 2) Tried using ole and show the files but same thing. can anyone help with this? Thank you in advance If not "seamless" does it work? (ie - log into a Citrix deskto...

Powerbuilder Can't find Powerbuilder NVO on Server
I have been trying to get through the PB and Jaguar document, and specifically I have been working with a Powerbuilder NVO and trying to load it onto the server, and then access it from Powerbuilder. I have constructed the Powerbuilder NVO from the oleobject. I placed one function, with a return type of (NONE) as instructed, with a string passed by reference. I use the OLE automation tool to compile the .tlb, ..reg files. I have tried this with both .PBD and .DLL with identical results. Before I load the component on the server, I can see all the packages and methods normally. A...

I can to execute one external (android/ios) program from one delphi program
For example I want to have one button, that execute or open one .apk file in android. I can to do this? how i can to do this? I can to do the same as iOS external program or .ipa file? ...

Announcing the PowerBuilder 10 Public Beta Program!Join the PowerBuilder 10.0 Beta Team!
Join the PowerBuilder 10.0 Beta Team! PowerBuilder is getting ready for the 10.0 release and would like to invite you to join the Beta Team! The exciting new developments you will have early access to as a member of the Beta Team include: Unicode support DataWindow.NET Object Oriented Modeling with PowerDesigner plug-in UDDI search ADO.NET support NETXML Web Datawindow Your participation in the beta test cycle is an opportunity to provide valuable feedback to engineering regarding the quality and capabilities of this release. As a member of the team, you will learn from the e...

Programming ArcObjects from Powerbuilder
Has anyone worked with ESRI's ArcObjects ESRICore library 8.1? We're trying to access the tools from Powerbuilder, but are not having any success. We are currently on PB version 7.0.3 build 10009. We would like any suggestions. T. Floor I've looked at the problem a little. The primary problem seems to be that there are multiple interfaces defined for each COM object (unlike the simple single-interface-per-object scheme used by MapObjects.) I'm not sure, but from my experience using PB's COM interface, I don't believe PB has the intelligence to work with...

External Functions in PowerBuilder !!!!!
Hi: I`m working with PowerBuilder 6.5. I want to make an external function and access it from an application. That�s i want to make an external component that PowerBuilder developers can use it, but not see its source code. For example, a dll or another file. I don`t want to use the object functions that provides PB, cause if i do it, its code can be copied. How can i do it ??? And one more thing, i want that that function can be called from any PBuilder script and it returns any PB datatypes, such as datawindow with information !!!!! Is that possible ??? If you have the solution ...

open external program
how would i start an external program such as excel? i dont' need to start a dde server or anything like that. just want to start an instance of excel and bring it to focus for my users. thanks, nick Run() Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 20 Apr 2005 05:43:27 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general <nick> wrote: >how would i start an external program such as excel? i >dont' need to start a dde server or anything like that. >just want to start an instance of excel and bring it to >focus for my users. ...

Powerbuilder Service Program
Is it possible to write a powerbuilder program as a service program? For example, the master program will work as a 'add' service program. I write another program and send parameter 1 & 2 to the master program and it will return 3 (1 + 2). I know that it is possible to write a web service but I don't want to implement IIS on the client site. Thanks John Smith http://www.topwizprogramming.com/pbniserv.html Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product Enhancement Requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement ...

Calling External Program
Hi All, How can I call external program with parameteres which is on a network path from PB. Thanks in Advance Bala. You mean to run other programs with PB>? If so you can use the Run() command You just add the params in here as so Run('c:\windows\programs\worpad.exe c:\windows\desktop\tester.txt' //'c:\windows\desktop\tester.txt' being the param. Krish, Bala wrote: > Hi All, > > How can I call external program with parameteres which is on a network path > from PB. > > Thanks in Advance > > Bala. -- Hope th...

filenet programming in Powerbuilder
Hi Friends I want to be corrected if I am wrong about my theory. I am guessing that filenet programming in PB environment is possible using OLE scripting. I create Filenet objects in using OLE object, create statement and then access all the properties and methods of the Filenet objects. In fact in our present application for printing the various forms, we are using OLE scripting, to create the word application and then using the word application methods and properties. Can I do same thing with Filenet also. Anyideas or suggestions are highly appreciated. TIA RAO ...

Run external program
Hi, everybody delphi xe3 win7 x64 i use this code for execute and wait an external program: {code} ZeroMemory(@sei, SizeOf(sei)); sei.cbSize := SizeOf(TShellExecuteInfo); sei.Wnd := Application.Handle; sei.fMask := SEE_MASK_NOCLOSEPROCESS; sei.lpVerb := PChar('open'); sei.lpFile := PChar('calc.exe'); sei.nShow := SW_NORMAL; if ShellExecuteEx(@sei) then begin repeat Application.ProcessMessages; GetExitCodeProcess(sei.hProcess, ExitCode); until (ExitCode <> STILL_ACTIVE) or Application.Terminated; ...

Launching an external program
I am writing an ASP.NET 1.1 application that uploads files to the server and saves them as BLOBs to a database. Before I do that I want to run a virus scanner on them. How do I launch the scanner, wait for it to finish, and get its result code? The scanner is already installed on the server, and I have a working directory I can save the uploaded files to, so that they can be scanned. Thanks Hi, System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(@"C:\test.exe"); For more details, please refer MSDN library and following link: http://blogs.msdn.com/csharpfaq/archive/2004/06/01/146375.a...

Web resources about - Find an external program - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Externals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All of the Externals were originally portrayed as immortal and important, playing an extremely major role in the future and Apocalypse 's rise ...

Russian plane crash: 'External' factors to blame for downing of jet over Sinai, airline Kogalymavia says ...
Russian airline Kogalymavia says external factors are to blame in the downing of one of its aircraft over Egypt.

Apple doubles external TestFlight testers to 2,000 users, beta periods to 60 days
... betas and new Tech Talks today, Apple has more developer news to share today. Starting today, TestFlight will now support up to 2,000 external ...

Marvell Plunges after PwC Resigns as External Auditor; Are Management Changes Ahead?
Marvell Technology (MRVL) is getting slammed today after revealing that its external accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers has resigned. The ...

Sinai plane crash: 'External influence' caused crash
The Russian airline Kogalymavia blames "external influence" for Saturday's deadly Sinai plane crash which killed 224 people.

These are the 5 best selling external hard drives on Amazon
... some people, but do you really want Google or Amazon to get their hands on all of your photos and other personal files? You need your own external ...

Xbox One update brings external storage support, real names in Xbox Live
The update for Microsoft's console also adds SmartGlass improvements, as well as access to Netflix and Hulu without an Xbox Live Gold membership. ...

‘External Impact’: Investigation Into Russian Plane Crash Just Got More Mysterious
‘External Impact’: Investigation Into Russian Plane Crash Just Got More Mysterious

Metrojet Official Claims 'External Impact' Crashed Airbus In Sinai Peninsula
Experts say it's too soon to tell what caused the crash that killed all 224 people aboard.

Third External Review Excuses Police in "Tragic" but "Reasonable" Tamir Rice Shooting
On Thursday, Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy McGinty made public another criminal justice expert’s report , commissioned by the prosecutor’s ...