Field size when creating new field

I am using SQLAW 5.4.  Don't know if this problem is unique to SQLAW, but
probably not.

When using PB to create a new table I may have a field 30 characters wide.
After creating the table, when I go to put data in the field (say in in data
manipulation grid) the field always seems to be smaller than what I would
like.  It necessitates going into properties and putting in a number for the
width that is greater than what is already there (1.364 is there, for
example, by default).

I am probably missing something fundamental but I do not see a way to have
PB always create the field wide enough for the maximum characters.  Putting
in numbers is cumbersome because I am guessing at the size.  Perhaps there
is a way to stretch it graphically.

Does someone have a better way?

0
Woody

Adding a new field to a table with image field
Hi, I have a concern about adding a new field to a table with image field - which is huge. Will there be a problem with some databases, where they have a hard time locating data correctly after such a large field? Previously this happened to me, and what was advised to put all the big fields at the end of the table. Thanks.   I have not heard of such impact caused by the order of columns. When SQL search table to locate a row, it either uses table scan (when no index exists on the table) from the IAM page, or utilize indexes (clusetered/nonclustered)...

Adding new tables and fields to ASPNETDB and create new user wizard
I'm trying to add a new table and some fields like FirstName and LastName the the aspnetdb.mdb, so when my users register I can collect that information also. I have managed to create a 2nd table with UserID, firstname and lastname. I can get the unique userid to work in my new table but the firstname and lastname fields give me the error message below. I have modified the stored procedure aspnet_Membership_CreateUser to add in firstname and lastname. I have also created a view as with the other tables in the database. What am I missing? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Than...

Required field/fields
hello , I am having four upload file controls , next to them 4 textbox's , and 1 checkbox , if the checkbox is checked , only 1 of the textbox's become available ...I want to check if each upload file if it has a file and the textbox's next to it isnt empty , or the only available one isnt empty , the idea that i am uploading 4 files or less , each uploaded file must have a title for it in the textbox , or one title for all the files , If someone can help me in the idea of the code for that in the upload button....I tried putting XOR code between each upload and textbox but inter...

Create Appointment
Hi all, I am creating an appoijntment using WebDAV. Previously I was using CDO but now iI am converting it to WebDAV. I am not able to add "importance" and "contact" fields to the appointment.  Dim strXMLNSInfo As String = "xmlns:g=""DAV:"" " & _               "xmlns:e=""http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/"" " & _               "xmlns:mapi=""...

Tab from field to field
I am writing a data entry application for a mobile device we will probably be using pocket pc 2002 but may decide to go with pocket pc 2003, is it possible to tab between fields? The user does not want to have to use the stylus to go from field to field. Any sample code would be helpful ThanksMaria...

Creating a ListView Total field and Inserting all fields at once in DB.
Hi guys and gals,Got 2 questions for you. I currently have a list view that enables the user to enter invoice items (fields: Description, Quantity, UnitPrice).I also have a field in each row that auto-calculates the total price for each record.Question 1. How can I create an extra row at the bottom of the ListView that shows the Grand Total of all the rows?  At the moment each record is being inserted into the DB as soon as its created in the ListView.Question 2. How can I change this, so that all the records of the ListView are inserted at the click of a button on the web form?Hop...

adding new field to "Field Definition File"
We have a whole web app that's been given to us to "make work", and unfortunately the reporting side never did in the first place. The original version of the reports are using a .ttx file, and the recordset is built dynamically.  I'm trying to add new field to the .ttx file, and while opening it in Dreamweaver, the new memo field is there.  If I do a "Verify Database" in Crystal XI, then the new memo field never shows up. Do I have to recreate this new .ttx file from scratch just to add one more field?  Hope not....... Thanks!...

Add new field in datagrid and make its value depeand to other field.
hi. i add a datagrid to my page and connect it to my database. my problem is : If i have a field (in sql database) with this value 1,2,3,4,5,... and i want to show <ONE> instead of <1> and <TWO> instead of <2> and .... and <ETC> insted of  number bigger than <5> .    what code i must write for this DATAGRID. this replace value must not effected in DATABASE. thanks. I trust you are using stored procedures in preference to embedded SQL as the SQL is easiest to understnad if , I will write you some SQL that will do the job.Don't f...

How can I create computed fields from one big text field
Following is a HL7 Error Message stored as a err_long with Text format. {Ipat_trans=UPDT^Imedical_rec_num=2936235H^Ipat_lname=APPS^Ipat_fname=TEST^Ipat_ dob=19311109^Ipat_gender=M^Ipat_race=2^Istreet_addr=61 HARWICH ST^Icity_addr=New York^Istate_addr=NY^Izip_addr=11004^Iphone=123-548-1234^Ipat_fin_id=000063332211 H^Ipat_id=000063344556H^Isoc_sec_num=123456789^Inok_name=APPS,TEST^Ipat_pat_type =I^Ipat_area=005^Iroom=^Ipat_prev_area=^Ipat_prev_room=^Iattend_doc_id=3176^Iatt end_doc=OHKI, STEPHEN K HHADT ^Ipat_service=MED^Iadmit_doc_id=3176^Ipat_admit_doc=OHKI, STEPHEN K HHADT^...

Can a field in Gridview be a Hyperlink field as well as Template field?
I have to add Template field  to Gridview and use data binding statement such as "<%# GetData(Eval("DType").ToString())%>" in the ItemTemplate. so that column retrieve/shows GetData("DType") values. When user clicks on this column it should redirect the user to another page, showing selected/clikced datarow . I think it is to do with Dynamic Hyperlink Field. I like to know can a column be a Hyperlink field as well as Template field so that i can use data binidng statement as above and do hyperlink task as well. your quick suggestion ...

create a new drop down field in product
hi , I need to create a new drop down field in product form . so please let me know the steps to add new fields to product form . Thanks, santhosh Guten Tag msksanthu@gmail.com, am Donnerstag, 27. November 2014 um 06:38 schrieben Sie: > I need to create a new drop down field in product form . so please > let me know the steps to add new fields to product form . That depends on what the "product form" is for you and what the purpose of the dropdown field should be, if it's value should be saved in the database and such. You can always customize your templa...

From field empty when creating new mail
GW6.5 sp1 client: A certain user has had a problem where she goes to create a new email but the TO field is blank. You click on the FROM button to select her name but it won't allow you to select it. Seen it three times with her and each time an uninstall and reinstall of GW fixes it (would rather find the cause of the problem). The problem does not follow her to a different machine so I suspect it's a client issue not a db. Has anyone else seen this? That IS weird. i would try exporting the HKCU\software\novell\groupwise branch and then if it happens again reimportin...

How to disable the FROM field when create the new email?
Hi, Can anyone help that when create a new email, the FROM field can be lock or hidden or disable so that the user cannot be change or modify? thanks for your help! regards, TK "TK" <tkchui@hotmail.com> wrote in news:LaVld.1731$T85.1456@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com: > Can anyone help that when create a new email, the FROM field can be > lock or hidden or disable so that the user cannot be change or modify? User cannot really change it, whatever he puts there will appear as kind of additional text on the recipient's side. Try it. Uwe --...

Adding fields to datasets for SQLite databases creates all fields as TWideMemoField (QC117073)
In case anyone else has come across this problem in Delphi XE4: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=117073 Most annoying. -- Dave Nottage [TeamB] Dave Nottage wrote: > http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=117073 > > Most annoying. Further info: If the database has records in it, and a TSQLTable, or TSQLDataset or TSimpleDataset is used with CommandType set to ctTable, fields are added as the correct type. It is all for naught however, because it fails at runtime (works fine at design time). -- Dave Nottage [TeamB] This is due to the S...

Web resources about - Field size when creating new field - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Wikipedia:Creating a bot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is often far simpler to request a bot job from an existing bot. If you have only periodic requests or are uncomfortable with programming languages, ...

Sandi Krakowski’s Tips for Creating Great Content
Quick tips to help you create great content for your business.

Bug - Creating a Video.Watches Action stopped working - Facebook-Entwickler
Since today executing a POST on a me/video.wacthes endpoints no longer works, it was working around 10 hours ago since then the call always returns ...

Facebook simplifies process for creating repeat events
Facebook introduced a new feature for events this week that allows users to quickly create a similar event as one they previously hosted or attended. ...

The Obama campaign won by creating their own Facebook, with unique features for political campaigns.
... seen as too dangerous to nominate someone who is so thoroughly narcissistic, arrogant and dishonest. The Obama campaign won basically by creating ...

Creating A Road Map To Market Your Startup
Spreading the word can be challenging when you’re new to an industry, don’t have a big budget, and have little helpbut it’s possible.You’ll need ...

Dance Machine - The Fun Video Editor for Creating Music Videos to share on Instagram, Facebook, Vine ...
Get Dance Machine - The Fun Video Editor for Creating Music Videos to share on Instagram, Facebook, Vine, and Twitter on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Creating Economic Dynamism: Joseph E. Stiglitz
DAVOS/SWITZERLAND, 25JAN13 - Joseph E. Stiglitz, Professor, Columbia University, USA talks during the session 'Creating Economic Dynamism' at ...

YouTube - Super Human Abilities: Tila Tequila Creating Energy Balls & Electricity Out of Thin Air!
Veröffentlicht am 24.04.2013 Hey Guys! For a long time now I have been able to do some pretty supernatural things that most would consider "SUPER ...