External Datawindow in a Composite Datawindow

Hi All

I have a question. Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we
access its properties. The specific problem is that I want to combine two dws. One is generated
externally and the other is a simple tabular dw coming from a db. If I try to use getchild() then I
do not have columns for get child.

I am using PB 7.0.3 on Windows 2000 Server with MS SQL Server.

Thanks.

Sincerely

Saleem

0
Muhammad

> Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how
do we
> access its properties.
ldw_dw.object.r_pumpputyyppi.object.t_hinta.text =
string(ldec_pumppaushinta, '#,##0.00')

ldw_dw is the composite report.
r_pumpputyyppi is a nested dw of external type.
t_hinta is a static text inside it.

The line of code above is straight from my app. It works everywhere BUT pb
6.5.1 crashes during compilation! When I remove the composite report from
the library pb compiles my app suuccessfully.

Antti

0
Antti
9/9/2002 6:16:56 AM
> The line of code above is straight from my app. It works everywhere BUT pb
> 6.5.1 crashes during compilation! When I remove the composite report from
> the library pb compiles my app suuccessfully.
The composite dw was corrupted. Building it from scratch solved the problem.

Antti again

0
Antti

external datawindows, ole objects and a composite datawindow
I have 5 external datawindows that I will use for printing an enrollment form. Two are purely legal text that I am using an ole(word doc) for, one will be populated using embedded sql and setitem calls, and the other two are a combination of ole and external columns. Questions: 1. Does the normal process of dw_control.settransobject dw_control.retrieve work for ole based datawindows? 2. If this is the right approach, then do I "retrieve" the ole datawindows and populate my other datawindows first and then 3. retrieve the composite datawindow for preview and print ...

External Datawindow
Hi, I am currently loading a database table from an external datawindow and this is working fine when the rows are just inserted into the table. I am having a problem though on figuiring out how to tell Powerbuilder to update a row instead of inserting a new one. The following is how I do an insert. **** Get the colum Count li_column_total = Integer(lds_data.describe("Datawindow.column.count") ****Loop through and set the columns to updateable FOR ll_counter = 1 to li_column_total ls_column_name = lds_data.describe("#" + string(ll_counter) ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Properties of a datawindow on a composite datawindow
I have a composite report that has 2 nested datawindows. At run time, I want to modify the dataobject of one of the nested datawindows on the report. I am using the GetChild function to get a reference to the nested datawindow on the report. Here's the code I am using. dw_maintain_code is the nested datawindow on dw_composite. li_rtn = dw_composite.GetChild("dw_maintain_code",ldw_child1) //get reference ls_rtn = ldw_child1.Modify('dw_maintain_code.dataobject = d_code_sync') li_rtn = dw_code_type_list.ShareData(ldw_child1) The Modify returns an empty str...

ole datawindows and composite datawindow
I have 5 external datawindows that I will use for printing an enrollment form. Two are purely legal text that I am using an ole(word doc) for, one will be populated using embedded sql and setitem calls, and the other two are a combination of ole and external columns. Questions: 1. Does the normal process of dw_control.settransobject dw_control.retrieve work for ole based datawindows? 2. If this is the right approach, then do I "retrieve" the ole datawindows and populate my other datawindows first and then 3. retrieve the composite datawindow for preview and print ...

copying datawindows to a composite datawindow
hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have is that one of the windows can be modify by the user, therefore if I include the updatable dw in the composite it will not reflect the latest information. How can I make sure I that when the updatable dw is changed, the changes are reflected in the composite also. Do I have to copy the dw and if so how can I do that, or is there an easier way to do that. Thanks Jose In article <35B4BC1A.DCF5FD47@cs.fiu.edu>, joband02@cs.fiu.edu says... > hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have ...

accessing datawindow in composite datawindow
Hi All, I have a composite datawindow d_comp having two datawindow d_first and d_second. Using code, i want to save the content of the d_first and d_second datawindow content txt format. Is it possible to save the content using saveasascii or saveas function ?? i was trying to use dw_comp.object.d_first.saveasascii(ls_temptxfile,"~t","","~n") but getting error... Thanks . -Brijesh Hi, if that is really a composite datawindow you should be able to get a reference to d_first and d_second using getChild(). You get a DataWindowChild which impl...

Datawindow Syntax (Composit Datawindow)
Would you help me to create datawindow layout for the report of composite datawindow from DWsyntax at runtime? ...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Problems with External Datawindows in Datawindow .Net
Has anyone used an external datawindow within a datastore in a .Net application? We are converting a piece of functionality from PowerBuilder to C# .Net and the routine uses an external datawindow. Since it is an external I didnt do SetTransObject before doing the InsertRow. I simply tried inserting a row into the datastore and a DatawindowNotCreatedException was thrown. Has anyone run into something similar? We are widely using external datawindow. Your error is not concerned with external datawindow. It is concerned with DataWindowControl bad behaviour (it is documented,...

do not show nested datawindow on composite datawindow !!
I have developed using EAS 3.6.1 and PB 7.0.3 build 10047. i made composite datawindow within 3 nested datawindows and all dw have 2 retrieval arguments. and i retrieve result data using getfullstate. in Client webbrowser, main dw is displayed but nested datawindows is not displayed in main dw. why not display???.. How can I do? Thanks in advance. Kwang-gyu Nested DW's do not work. You will need to have multiple web datawindows or use a PDF writer like Adobe to print to a file and display this in the browser. "�̱���" wrote: > I have developed usi...

Treeview datawindow as part of composite datawindow
Hi I have a question about a Treeview datawindow in a composite datawindow. I created a treeview datawindow with 2 levels, but I have set my default expand level = 1. Running this datawindow on it's own, the user can expand the treeview to level 2. However, as soon as this datawindow becomes part of a composite datawindow, I cannot interact with it at all to expand my levels. Is this normal behaviour in a composite datawindow, or is there a way to expand the levels. I am developing in Powerbuilder 12.Net Thank you in advance, Annelize Composite datawindows are ...

Web resources about - External Datawindow in a Composite Datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo