Error in Saving Datawindow into PDF file Using Ghostscript - Powerbuilder ( Windows 7 OS )

We are getting  error while saving Powerbuilder Datawindow
into PDF using ghostscript in WIndows 7 OS . Same is working
fine in Windows Xp and windows 2000 .

Does Windows 7 support  the same . If yes Pls give some
solution
0
ARUN

It would help if you told us what version of PowerBuilder you are using.

<ARUN> wrote in message news:4ab30cdd.59aa.1681692777@sybase.com...

> We are getting  error while saving Powerbuilder Datawindow
> into PDF using ghostscript in WIndows 7 OS . Same is working
> fine in Windows Xp and windows 2000 .
>
> Does Windows 7 support  the same . If yes Pls give some
> solution

0
Roland
9/18/2009 12:46:42 PM
And what kind of error message?

Since Win7 has not been officially released [October 22], PB has not been
officially tested with it - Sybase has always waited for the donut to stop
rolling. My *guess* is that Win7 support will be in MRa to 11.5 and 11.2,
and certainly to 12 when it comes out next year.

As a wild guess, Win7 may not play well with the version of GhostScript you
have or maybe the PS printer driver. IIRC there is an XP compatibility
mode - did you try that?
--
Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

"Roland Smith [TeamSybase]" <rsmith_at_trusthss_dot_com> wrote in message
> It would help if you told us what version of PowerBuilder you are using.
>
> <ARUN> wrote in message news:4ab30cdd.59aa.1681692777@sybase.com...
>>
>> We are getting  error while saving Powerbuilder Datawindow
>> into PDF using ghostscript in WIndows 7 OS . Same is working
>> fine in Windows Xp and windows 2000 .
>>
>> Does Windows 7 support  the same . If yes Pls give some
>> solution

0
Jerry
9/18/2009 2:24:30 PM
We are Using PB 10. When i give
dw_report.SaveAs(SourceFileName, PDF!, true)

It returns -1 .

And what kind of error message?

> Since Win7 has not been officially released [October 22],
> PB has not been  officially tested with it - Sybase has
> always waited for the donut to stop  rolling. My *guess*
> is that Win7 support will be in MRa to 11.5 and 11.2,  and
> certainly to 12 when it comes out next year.
>
> As a wild guess, Win7 may not play well with the version
> of GhostScript you  have or maybe the PS printer driver.
> IIRC there is an XP compatibility  mode - did you try
> that? --
> Report Bugs to Sybase:
> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
> Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>

> "Roland Smith [TeamSybase]" <rsmith_at_trusthss_dot_com>
> wrote in message  news:4ab38132@forums-1-dub...
> > It would help if you told us what version of
> PowerBuilder you are using. >
> > <ARUN> wrote in message
> news:4ab30cdd.59aa.1681692777@sybase.com... >>
> >> We are getting  error while saving Powerbuilder
> Datawindow >> into PDF using ghostscript in WIndows 7 OS .
> Same is working >> fine in Windows Xp and windows 2000 .
> >>
> >> Does Windows 7 support  the same . If yes Pls give some
> >> solution

0
ARUN
9/25/2009 6:55:48 AM
The usual suspects - have you got GhostScript installed and did the Sybase
PS printer driver get installed properly?
I would suggest searching the newsgroups, as several people have reported
better results with other PS printer drivers. But I have not seen any posts
about Win7, especially with an EOL version of PB that wasn't even supported
for Vista.

--

<ARUN> wrote in message news:4abc6974.612.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We are Using PB 10. When i give
> dw_report.SaveAs(SourceFileName, PDF!, true)
>
> It returns -1 .
>

> And what kind of error message?
>>
>> Since Win7 has not been officially released [October 22],
>> PB has not been  officially tested with it - Sybase has
>> always waited for the donut to stop  rolling. My *guess*
>> is that Win7 support will be in MRa to 11.5 and 11.2,  and
>> certainly to 12 when it comes out next year.
>>
>> As a wild guess, Win7 may not play well with the version
>> of GhostScript you  have or maybe the PS printer driver.
>> IIRC there is an XP compatibility  mode - did you try
>> that? --
>> Report Bugs to Sybase:
>> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
>> Enhancement Requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>

>> "Roland Smith [TeamSybase]" <rsmith_at_trusthss_dot_com>
>> wrote in message  news:4ab38132@forums-1-dub...
>> > It would help if you told us what version of
>> PowerBuilder you are using. >
>> > <ARUN> wrote in message
>> news:4ab30cdd.59aa.1681692777@sybase.com... >>
>> Datawindow >> into PDF using ghostscript in WIndows 7 OS .
>> Same is working >> fine in Windows Xp and windows 2000 .

0
Jerry
9/25/2009 6:53:12 PM
Using Win 7 RTM 64 bit save as PDF seems OK using PB 11.5.1.4011

We use HP CLJ 4500 PS driver.

We have several of our QA and Support people using the RTM version
internally (both 32 and 64 bit) since Aug 6  with no reported problems.  We
have several customers running the Win 7 RC version. So far nothing but
praises for Win 7

"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com> wrote in message
> The usual suspects - have you got GhostScript installed and did the Sybase
> PS printer driver get installed properly?
> I would suggest searching the newsgroups, as several people have reported
> better results with other PS printer drivers. But I have not seen any
> posts about Win7, especially with an EOL version of PB that wasn't even
> supported for Vista.
>
> --
> Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
> Product Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>

> <ARUN> wrote in message news:4abc6974.612.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> We are Using PB 10. When i give
>> dw_report.SaveAs(SourceFileName, PDF!, true)
>>
>> It returns -1 .
>>

>> And what kind of error message?
>>>
>>> Since Win7 has not been officially released [October 22],
>>> PB has not been  officially tested with it - Sybase has
>>> always waited for the donut to stop  rolling. My *guess*
>>> is that Win7 support will be in MRa to 11.5 and 11.2,  and
>>> certainly to 12 when it comes out next year.
>>>
>>> As a wild guess, Win7 may not play well with the version
>>> of GhostScript you  have or maybe the PS printer driver.
>>> IIRC there is an XP compatibility  mode - did you try
>>> that? --
>>> Report Bugs to Sybase:
>>> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
>>> Enhancement Requests:
>>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement

>>> PowerBuilder you are using. >
>>> news:4ab30cdd.59aa.1681692777@sybase.com... >>
>>> Datawindow >> into PDF using ghostscript in WIndows 7 OS .
>>> Same is working >> fine in Windows Xp and windows 2000 .

0
Tyler
9/28/2009 2:47:51 AM
Could you post a link for that driver in case someone else wants to try it?

That's good to hear - Vista created problems for some people, especially
with older PB versions. My expectation based on history is that Sybase will
test current releases (11.2 and 11.5) on Win7 and put out MR if needed. And
of course PB12 (where most of the developer effort is being applied right
now) will have to be compatible.
The official release of Win7 is still October 22, but I would not be
surprised if Sybase already has the RTM edition.

--

"Tyler Cruse" <tcruse@trlx.com> wrote in message
> Using Win 7 RTM 64 bit save as PDF seems OK using PB 11.5.1.4011
>
> We use HP CLJ 4500 PS driver.
>
> We have several of our QA and Support people using the RTM version
> internally (both 32 and 64 bit) since Aug 6  with no reported problems.
> We have several customers running the Win 7 RC version. So far nothing but
> praises for Win 7
>

> "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com> wrote in message
>> The usual suspects - have you got GhostScript installed and did the
>> Sybase PS printer driver get installed properly?
>> I would suggest searching the newsgroups, as several people have reported
>> better results with other PS printer drivers. But I have not seen any
>> posts about Win7, especially with an EOL version of PB that wasn't even
>> supported for Vista.
>>
>> --
>> Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
>> Product Enhancement Requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>

>> <ARUN> wrote in message news:4abc6974.612.1681692777@sybase.com...
>>> We are Using PB 10. When i give
>>> dw_report.SaveAs(SourceFileName, PDF!, true)
>>>
>>> It returns -1 .
>>>

>>> And what kind of error message?

0
Jerry
9/29/2009 9:25:03 PM
I just used the driver supplied with either Vista or Windows 7.  Both work
just fine.

Windows 7 RTM was made available to public (small) developers on Aug 6.  MS
Partners like Sybase received the code much earlier.  The Beta and RC
versions are not very different from RTM.  Also, there have been and
continue to be Windows Update entries for Win 7/Server 2008 R2.   Drivers
have not been an issue for our in-house support/development
desktops/laptops.  We have a few users starting using the RC when that
became available, mostly without even telling us.  We log application usage
and notice the AD changes.

I have not had any issues using PB 11.5.1.xxxx with Win7 32 or 64.
PB 12 beta is another story

0
Tyler

Windows 7 Error Saving MS Word Files
Hi, I am using NW 5.1. I just added 2 Windows 7 WSs with Client 2 for Windows 7 clients. We use an old version of MS Word (2000), never had a problem before under XP. We cannot write to the server with our Word files. We get this error: "The save failed due to out of memory or disk space". Anyone have the fix for this? Thanks for your usual help Alan -- ostrowlaw ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ostrowlaw, > Anyone have the fix for this? > Try the latesr client and patches. If this does not help,...

Error in Downloading saved file in SQL server DB using Vista + IE 7.0
Dear All, i wish any one helo me in finiding a solution for my problem i make a web page that upload any file ( image - MS word ....) and  save it in SQL Database , and when i try to download it using Windows XP +  IE 6.0 it work perfeclty and file saved and I can show its contents,  BUT when i try to download the same saved file using IE 7.0 ( in Windows Vista) it saved an empty file without any content in it .... after my trials to find the problem i discover that when i use windows defult dowloader it save the file as i said b4 but whne i use for example < DAP> it...

PB provide very good 'Save As' function to save to all kind of file type. How do I save a very complex (contain many nest datawindows) by using Save As function?
PB provide very good 'Save As' function to save datawindow to all kind of file format. How do I save a very complex datawindow (which contains many nest datawindows) by using Save As function? Angel Thanks The only way to save complex (nested, composite) datawindows and retain *all* the data is to save as PSReport!. This creates a .PSR file and you will need a .PSR viewer (which you can write yourself in about a day). If you're able to use 3rd party products, you can "print" the datawindow to a .PDF file. One of the more popular 3rd-party products for ...

I am using Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 (Tiger), Firefox Version 3.0.3; Firefox crashes half the time: File > Print > Save as PDF
Name: mike Email: m_salantatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am using Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 (Tiger), Firefox Version 3.0.3; Firefox crashes half the time: File > Print > Save as PDF Comments: And the resulting PDF is a mess, it cannot be opened, and it gives no indication of damage until you try to open it. In other words, after crashing and restarting firefox several times, one can be left with a number of PDFs that are absolutely CRAP (one for each crash). There is a crash reporter which analyses this, but I am not a techie; parsing complaints seem to be ...

SAVE AS PDF file with Ghostscript
Which PowerBuilder deployment kit DLLS (files) are used when saving a datawindow off to a PDF? On our client systems, we typically only install a handful of PB files....not the entire installation. Thanks. Have you looked at the "Application Techniques" manual? It generally lists the PB deployment DLLs are what they're for. Of course, you're going to have to install GhostScript on the target machine as well. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:10:41 -0400, malvord@infoaccess.net wrote: >Which PowerBuilder ...

Save Datawindow as PDF file
Hello, I'm using PB 6.5 and need to save the datawindow to a PDF file? Is there a way to do this? Inititally, I used the SaveAs function and saved it to the .PSR file and created a Viewer application to view the PSR reports, but the users would like to get PDF files instead. I appreciate your help. TN A search at http://groups.google.com would have told you that you need a 3rd party tool, such as Amyuni (www.amyuni.com). You can find a lot more at www.planetpdf.com. -- Jason 'Bug' Fenter Best Dern Programmer Out There fenterbug_at_hotmail_dot_com ...

Saving datawindow to pdf file
I am using ghostscript to save datawindow to pdf. It is okay but I need to install ghostscript in over 1000 workstations. Instead of using ghostscript, is there any other methods so that I can save datawindow to pdf ? Please advise. PB : 11.5 Ghostscript : 7.05 We have ghostscript installed on a network drive. All we add on PCs is a registry entry that points to the ghostscript folder. -- -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement &q...

save off to pdf in windows 7
How Do you setup the ghost scripts process to save off to PDF in windows 7? I installed ghost scripts. However i cannot setup a PDF printer. Every time i try to setup the printer it blows up? So how do i set it up? Hi Bob; For Windows 7 machines that I have running GhostScript on perfectly ... 1) Install the latest release of GS as you can. I am running 8.71. http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghostscript/ 2) Make sure you set the GS_DLL environment variable properly 3) Ensure that the GS library is in the System Path (ie: D:\Program Files\gs\gs8.71\bin) 4) Install the &q...

saving datawindow as PDF file

errors? warnings? when installing file-slurp from ActiveState repository using ppm (using ActivePerl_5.8.7.815)
------_=_NextPart_001_01C64208.14B13903 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi; =20 Could someone explain what functionality I don't have or issues that I might experience as a result of these warning(s) and/or error(s) that I receive when installing file-slurp from the ActiveState repository via ppm (using ActiveState Perl version 5.8.7.815)? What can I or should I do to fix this -- or is it ok? =20 The full path has been sanitized to ../site/... =20 ppm> search file-slurp Searching in Active Repositor...

How disable save file popup error message: file "could not be saved, because the source file could not be read." ; jor
When I save web pages (complete, not merely html, in order to save images) to my disk, while offline, I get about 10 pop up messages saying it can't load .js & .php files. I have to close each one of those 10 windows individually - a big waste of human time. Firefox 3.6.10 on Ubuntu Linux 10.4 Is there a way to 1) disable those info messages so they don't pop up, or 2) have ff put all the messages into merely one window, so I only have to close one window per web page. Thanks. :) = Popup window error message: {filename path to folder on disk} "could not...

PDF File I/O Error while trying to load pdf file
Name: Dale Product: Shiretoko Summary: PDF File I/O Error while trying to load pdf file Comments: I was loading this site's pdf file: http://www.mead-usa.com/reference/instructions/Air_Presses.pdf and I received a window saying that there was a File I/O Error, but the page was trying to load anyway. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one...

Users using File>Save as> to save form as .html file no longer saving form data any reason??
I have been building an asp.net 1.1 webpage for some time now and my users have been able to go in pull up a record from the database which is loaded into lable / textbox fields. My users have been able to pick File --> Save As --> HTML and it would save the whole page with the data saved in the forms.  The users could then open the as standalone and while the form was no longer interactive they were still able to view the data in the fields at the time of the save.  Now when they save it only saves the form, and none of the lables or data. My users use Internet Explorer ...

Saving DW as a PDF using GhostScript
Does saving a DataWindow as a PDF using GhostScript require that Adobe professional be installed or can it be done without (ie just the adobe reader)? I downloaded and installed GhostScript on my development machine - no problem. Installed on all client machines. Deployed the new app (to create PDF's) When the clients try they get an error (return of -1) from the SaveAs App runs just fine on my box. Any help / insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bob Our users just have the reader installed and it works fine. Bob Gardner wrote: > Does saving a Dat...

Error Saving Datawindow as WMF file
I have been having difficulty in saving the datawindow as WMF file. Whenever I give command dw_1.saveas("trial.wmf",wmf!,true) Powerbuilder comes out giving the pagefault error either in PB70.EXE or GDI.EXE Can anybody solve the problem. Thanks in advance, Regards, Dewang In article <CiKWC6LFAHA.317@forums.sybase.com>, dewangb@hotmail.com says... > I have been having difficulty in saving the datawindow as WMF file. > > Whenever I give command > > dw_1.saveas("trial.wmf",wmf!,true) > > Powerbuilder comes out ...

Web resources about - Error in Saving Datawindow into PDF file Using Ghostscript - Powerbuilder ( Windows 7 OS ) - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles