Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1

Dear everyone:
I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software
suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For
MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition.

In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to
the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in
ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the
english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond".

I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for MS SQL Server
7.0.

Thanks in advance

--
JiaJian
12-Jan-2000

0
JiaJian

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 7.0.1
Hi, I just found a solution for correcting the memory leak in 7.0.1, when connecting to MS SQL Server 6.5. May be this is already fixed in the latest releases. I just want to share this in case it's useful to any of you guys. When you connect to the MS SQL Server 6.5 database, be sure to have atleast something in your DBParm attribute of the DBProfile (or SQLCA transaction object at runtime). For example (SQLCA.DBParm = "AppName='IRIS',Host='ZNF9'"). In development time in the DBProfile dialog under "Network" tabpage Enter something i...

PB 6.5 to MS SQL server 7.0 connectivity
Greetings Seem to much discussion on this topic...I desperately need the answer at the end of the book. We are upgrading to SQL 7 and MUST be live with our PB 6.5 app in 3 weeks. PowerSoft/Sybase preferred or recommended configuration?? Please respond with any recommendations on: PB versions / builds PB drivers SQL Server client software Native drivers VS OLEDB VS ODBC etc... PB support of 7.0 new features: specifically the 8K varchar DataType thanks <pc> ...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 7.0 connectivity
I have a PB 6.5 application running with SQL-Anywhere. I have recently tried to re-establish the database on Microsoft SQL-SERVER 7.0. I have loaded the native client-side software to connect to MS 7.0 and was successful with the connection. However, when I tried to establish a connection via the PB 6.5 development environment (DB painter and etc.), I received a "S1003 - Program type out of range" message from within the PB 6.5 database painter. I didn't receive the error message when I connected to the database... but only when I tried to actually do something thru ...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 7.0 error 1038
After I upgrade my MS SQL Server from version 6.5 to 7.0, I find that all SQL statements with the symbol (") in PB scripts cannot be executed and display SQL error message 1038. han_wei@163.net ...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

Problems with PB 6.5.1 and MS SQL Server 7.0
I just started working with MSSS 7.0 and immediately ran into problems. I am not comfortable with the work-arounds, so if anyone can give me a better way to solve these problems, I am listening. 1) I get an ODBC 22008 error from my imbedded sql. The pbtrace.log shows datetime values with a 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mi:ss.ffffff' format. MS SQL Server can only handle three decimals. So, I changed the PBDateTime setting in the pbodb60.ini file to 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mi:ss.fff'. Problem circumvented. 2) I get an ODBC 37000 error from my imbedded sql. The pbtrace.log shows datatime bin...

Datetime problem w/ PB 6.5.1 and MS SQL Server 7.0
I am trying to convert a PB 6.5.1 Application to a MS SQL Server 7.0 DB using ODBC. I am getting an error message when trying to insert any datetime fields into the DB. The error is: Error Code: 241,0 Error Description SQLSTATE = 22008 "Syntax error converting datetime from character string" The value in the datetime field that appears to be passed from the DW is... {ts '2001-05-18 00:00:00.000000'} Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Derek Based on the value, it appears to be a timestamp rather than a datetime. Try running a trac...

PowerBuilder 6.5.1; MS SQL Server 7.0; ODBC; Text Column
PowerBuilder 6.5.1 ODBC MS SQL Server 7.0 Text Column I can't seem to insert a String with a length of 66,000 char to a Text Column. I get a to big (999) error I've change this in the pbodb60.ini PBMaxTextSize='2147483647' and I've added DBTextLimit='100000' to my SQLCA.DBParm Any Ideas? Best Regards, Adri�n Galv�n Adrian, Do you have this problem if you use the UpdateBlob statement as well, or just with Insert ? Sanjiv. "Adrian Galvan" <Nospam_agalvan@audisys.com> wrote in message news:40896004$1@forums-1-d...

ODBC Error: MS SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 +WINNT 4.0
Hi, I have installed SQL Server 7.0 Standard Ed. on Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4. Then I installed Power Builder 6.0 Enterprise Ed. on the same server machine NT 4.0 + SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 ( no patches for any thing installed) After defining an ODBC DSN and Profile in PB 6.0, when i try to connect from within Profile setup, it connects to the SQL Server 7.0 Database. But when i click on the Tables or Database icons on the toolbar to open the DB or tables, I get an error message like SQLSTATE =S1003 [MICROSOFT] [ODBC DRIVER MANAGER] Program Type Out of Range on the...

Crystal Reports
We had migrated from PB 6.0 to Power builder 6.5.1. On back-end side we had migrated from MS SQL Server 6.5 to 7 We found that datawindows are not working when we use ODBC connection between PB6.5.1 and SQL Server 7.Native driver connection solved this problem. But we are also using Crystal Report 4.6.1 for some of the reports. I am accessing the crystal report using OLE/OCX control. Previously Iam using the connect property of Crystal report to connect to database at runtime. The syntax is as below: Ole_1.Object.connect = "DSN=myconnect;UID=myuser;PWD=12345;DSQ=ABCDB;&qu...

Web resources about - Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...