Enter key with button

Hi everyone, I just noticed that the enter key in my application does not
trigger the button-clicked event when that button has focus, rather the space
bar key works, and was just wondering if this is something new in the latest
patch of PB 9 or has it always been that way.  I checked with an older PB 8
application I have, and the enter key seems to trigger the button-clicked.
Perhaps this is an XP issue?

I'm using PB 9.0.1.7066

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Phil
0
Phil

It always ws and is like this.
Enter key triggers the DEFAULT's button clicked event, Space
bar triggers the button with focus...

> Hi everyone, I just noticed that the enter key in my
> application does not  trigger the button-clicked event
> when that button has focus, rather the space  bar key
> works, and was just wondering if this is something new in
> the latest  patch of PB 9 or has it always been that way.
> I checked with an older PB 8  application I have, and the
> enter key seems to trigger the button-clicked.  Perhaps
> this is an XP issue?
>
> I'm using PB 9.0.1.7066
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Phil
0
Philip

How to make a button the default button when the enter key is pressed?
I have a form with a text box, and then a Back button and a Continue button.When users press the enter button the Back button is triggered instead of the Continue button.  Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening?  How about setting the HtmlForm.DefaultButton property or the Panel.DefaulButton property? http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.htmlcontrols.htmlform.defaultbutton.aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.panel.defaultbutton.aspxThanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET  Great, thanks Ed.  I had tried...

a text box and button.. I have to click the button, enter key doesnt work
a text box and button.. I have to click the button, enter key doesnt work.. the code below is from my asp page that is included on my .aspx page.. it does work but only if clicked...    <input type="text" name="my_query" size="12" /> <input type="button" value="Search" onClick="window.location='http://10.56.200.240/search/search.asp?my_query=' + this.form.my_query.value" >  Applciation Developer Hi,Try to replace the this.form.my_query.value in your code to document.forms(0).my_query.value o...

Setting enter key default button when login control and search button on same page!!!
I have a login control... The default behavior is that if a user enters in their user name and password and then hit enter (rather than clicking the button), it doesn't trigger the login button but triggers my search button on the top of the page instead.How can I remedy this problem?Justin Tothhttp://sportsalert.net Hi Justin, You could add a Panel control and set the DefaultButton property to the control you wish to receive a click when enter is pressed in one of the Panel's controls.  (In addition to Panels, the Form itself also supports a DefaultButton property.)  This...

Image button and Enter Key
Hi,I have an image button and many textboxes.  I would like for the form to submit when I hit the enter button on my keyboard.  Right now it does nothing.Please help,Dave My code here works with ImageButtons: http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=a3b93959-9b2e-428a-99d9-276f0620589d Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!...

Tieing enter key to button
I have a search textbox and image button. If the search textbox has focus and the enter key is pressed. I want to fire a server side click event for the image button. Could someone help me out with the javascript needed to accomplish this? Can I use an asp: button control? Oscar Hi,   In pageload you can add the attributes for textbox as Textbox1.attributes.add("onkeyup","ClickTheButton()"). In HTML Page create a javascript function, function ClickTheButton() {    if(window.event.keyCode==13)    {     var  b...

Binding the Enter Key to a button
Hi, On an aspx page, how do I ensure that a particular button gets pressed when I hit the enter key? I need to do this without using javascript to trap the keystroke, because I also have multiline textboxes that need the Enter key. Thanks http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=743395 BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). I am having this exact problem and the links you have supplied do not appear to work anym...

default Button Enter Key
I have done a bit of research and still have not been able to find the proper solution to the enter key default key. Is there a fix or a workaround to be able to handle the enter key from any module(text box) in any pane in the DNN environment? We have a tab that will have mulitiple modules with search capabilites for one mod and other requirements for other modules. I know how to code this and see it working in a non DNN environment When I move this to the DNN, I do not see the desired result. I tried to duplicate the login behavior. Like previous posts, you have to have the module in ...

Enter Key does not activate button
I have one button on a simple login form and when I hit the enter key to login it doesn't work. But when I click on the login button it works. Is there a way to tell it what button to fire when the enter key is pushed? Hi, This link should do the job for you. http://www.metabuilders.com/Tools/DefaultButtons.aspx. It also solves some creepy multiple buttons on a form problems. Succes with it! Greetz, ThaYoung1!Kind Regards,ThaYoung1! Check this out ... http://www.dotnetspider.com/Technology/KB/ShowSample.aspx?SampleId=212 and also an eye opener about buttons in general... (...

submit button and enter key
hi,  is there a way to use the enter key when i click on the submit button is ASp.net C#.  Right now, i'm using javascript to do it:this.TextBox.attributes.add("onkeypress", "if (window.event.keycode ==13) __doPostback('" + this.searchbutton.uniqueID + "', '');"; But i want to know if i can do client side instead of javascript.  ANy help would be appreciated since i'm just getting used to using .net  Thanks, Hi , Can u explain more? I didnt understand u clearly. ur C#.net page contains a textbox and a button. rig...

Enter key on Command Button
Hello. Could someone tell me how can I map the Enter key to the Click Event of an Command Button? (assuming already setfocus to the button) Thanks. Jimmy You don't need to. All you need to do is set the "DEFAULT" attribute of the command button. This makes the command button's clicked event trigger when the enter key is presses. You can only have one button set this way at a time though. I hope this helps. Jim Madderra PowrSite Software, Inc. Jimmy wrote in message <01bd5605$706a93e0$d43815a5@tpb.singnet.com.sg>... >Hello. >Could someo...

Enter Key for Default Button
Hi Everyone,Based on my research on the internet, I've found the following code added to the Page_Load event of my webform to allow users to hit ENTER as if he/she is clicking the submit button to submit the form. It's a data entry form. But when hit enter, a popup window saying "The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window. Would you like to close this window?" with  2 button (Yes/No). I am not sure why it happens this way. Anyone know why? Page.RegisterHiddenField("__EVENTTARGET", "cmdSubmit") I don't know what you're trying to do, but __EVENTTARGET is already pa...

Mouse button as enter key?
Is there a way of making one of my mouse buttons into an "enter" key? It would make some things a lot faster for me. -- -*HP dv6645, Nvidia 8400m-gs, KDE 4.*- ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Just to get you underway, try searching for imwheel.. I had this working at one point for back/forwards in programs other than firefox by binding the back/forwards buttons to alt+left-arrow / alt+right-arrow. Can't remember if it allowed single keys to be mapped to some mousebutton. -- 'Special effects' (http://...

Associating the enter key with a button
hi! I was wondering if anyone knows how to associate the Enter Key with a button. At the moment when I push Enter on the webpage with nothing in particular selected it posts back with an event I dont really know how to catch. Does anyone know how to catch this? thank you for reading this :-) This is such a common concern that MetaBuilders has already created a free solution: DefaultButtonsAlister Can this only be used with 1.1 as i have 1.0? It should indeed work with v1.0. Try it. If it doesn't work, then having the source-code means that we can compile it against versi...

Defalut button for Enter Key
Hi, I have simple web page with user name and password textboxes and two Image buttons for Login and Cancel. what I need is when I press Enter key any where in the form , I should be able to invoke the Click event on Login button . I need some generic javascript . I read about using default buttons ,but if you use these Defalut buttons you need to bind the function for each Textbox in a page which will be tedious for a page with 20 textboxex This is very urgent Thanks in Advance Anitha this question has been answered several times in these forums..you can either do a...

Web resources about - Enter key with button - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Button - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In modern clothing and fashion design , a button is a small fastener , now most commonly made of plastic , but also frequently of metal, wood ...

Nokia Asha 205 Features Facebook Button
A Facebook phone ? Not quite, but the new Nokia Asha 205 does feature a Facebook button, along the lines of the HTC ChaCha and HTC Salsa , which ...

Chrome 48 Beta brings custom buttons on notifications, casting from the web, more
With Chrome 47 currently rolling out to desktops and Android, Google has announced the Chrome 48 Beta and the new features that will come with ...

Facebook Testing ‘Buy Tickets’ Button for Concerts
... to rock out with their, um, devices out. The social network confirmed to BuzzFeed News that it is testing a “Buy Tickets” call-to-action button ...

Take a trip to the future in One Button Travel
One Button Travel Rules! Lifeline... Take a trip to the future in One Button Travel is a story by AppAdvice.com AppAdvice - iPhone, iPad, ...

Amazon deal: Accept calls with the touch of button with these in-ear headphones
You'll be able to hear both music and phone conversations perfectly with a set of in-ear headphones that have a control talk function with iOS ...

Domino's has launched a physical button you push to order pizza
Domino's is attempting to make the act of ordering pizza even simpler/lazier with the launch of its "The Easy Order" button. The pizza chain ...

The labor ruling that's now a hot-button political issue
NLRB's decision to hold companies accountable for staffing agency violations is enmeshed in the wide-ranging federal spending bill

Hot-Button Issues In The Climate Talks
... so far) have now submitted their nationally determined contributions to reducing emissions and keeping global temperatures [&hellip Hot-Button ...

How to bring back the Google Now Home button shortcut in Android 6.0
One of the marquee features in Android 6.0 is Google Now on Tap , a new system-wide contextual assistant that's wildly impressive some of the ...