dropdowndw properties not working on .net web forms 11.5

Hi.

I am using a datawindow that has many dropdownDW, where i would like the
dropdown portion show more data then when something is selected.  I
would use the width percentage in of the dropdown to set this in a
application.

But when i set this property or any other size properties, on the web it
dosn't listen and just defaults and will only show the dropdown data the
width of the dropdown.  Stuff like size dosn't work either.

I could under stand that since it is on the web it cannot do these
things.  But we also have datawindow.net and have a .net application
using the same datawindow (coppied the pbl over) and when it is
displayed on the web with the dropdown datawindow, it does listen to
these properties.

Is their a way of getting these properties to work in web form
application under PB 11.5?
0
Donovan

Donovan Baldwin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am using a datawindow that has many dropdownDW, where i would like the
> dropdown portion show more data then when something is selected.  I
> would use the width percentage in of the dropdown to set this in a
> application.
>
> But when i set this property or any other size properties, on the web it
> dosn't listen and just defaults and will only show the dropdown data the
> width of the dropdown.  Stuff like size dosn't work either.
>
> I could under stand that since it is on the web it cannot do these
> things.  But we also have datawindow.net and have a .net application
> using the same datawindow (coppied the pbl over) and when it is
> displayed on the web with the dropdown datawindow, it does listen to
> these properties.
>
> Is their a way of getting these properties to work in web form
> application under PB 11.5?

I found the answer to my own question.

In the deploy settings on the configuration TAB, their is a key called
PBDataWindowEnableDDDW set it to True.

Still getting use to 11.5 webforms.

Thanks,

Donovan
0
Donovan

How to call AJAX function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application?
Dear All, I would like to know if it is possible (if yes then how) to call AJAX function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application. Any pointer or information is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Jessica The first thing you need to do is install the AJAX Extensions for ASP.Net. They can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca9d90fa-e8c9-42e3-aa19-08e2c027f5d6&displaylang=en You write a client-side JavaScript event handler - say myScriptFile.js. Then, in the PowerBuilder ...

How to secure powerbuilder 11.5 net web service
?Hi all, How do I enable security on a web service built with pb11.5. I've been reading this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w67h0dw7.aspx but I'm not sure how to acomplish it, on the web service and the client side. Any help? thanks ...

AJAX Extension in asp.net 2.0 when i choose asp.net web site and run ajax control it will not work but if i choose asp.net ajax enabled web site ajax extensions are working file
 AJAX Extension in asp.net 2.0 when i choose new  asp.net web site and run ajax control it will not work but if i choose asp.net ajax enabled web site ajax extensions are working file.Because of this i will not able to use ajax extension in my previous website which are created in asp.net 2.0. Please help me how i will do it ..or i will convert all previous code in to ajax enabled web site but it is time consuming i think .. please give me proper solution i am new in asp.net development Sandeep, Nothing can help u better than this video RegardsKINJAL"Mark the post as an...

powerbuilder 11.5 properties
When I have done all the setting for a text field (Color, transparency, Gradien mode etc) I would like to save them and reload them for the next text field. This to be sure that all settings for all columns are the same for most datawindows. Any ideas? Thanks Eric ...

Shell not working in web form but working with windows forms.
Hi! I want to run some exe files (Exa: Internet explorer) using shell command in asp.net. Its not working if its a web form. But working fine with a windows form. Pls. extend ur help. Thanx. What are you expecting to happen? How are you trying to run the exe files? Where do you expect it to run? Anything run through server side code will run on the server, and in an invisible window, at that. The program will run under the security context of the ASPNET user by default, and so likely will not have the proper authority to do much of what you want, unless you midify its rights...

Regular ASP.net forms vs mobile web forms on Windows Mobile 5.0
I am writing an application that will be used on a Windows Mobile 5.0 device (only).  I have been using Windows Mobile forms and I am able to do what I need to do; however I find that there are many limitations of the mobile forms and controls.  For example, you can't have a SelectionList that posts back automatically.  Another good example is you cannot have a multi-line textbox without writing a custom control.  I have played around with writing some regular ASP.net forms and viewed them in the browser in the emulator.  They look fine, however some of the behav...

web.net window form to asp.net form
is there a way to convert a form written in vb.net in a window form to an asp.net form ?Computer Engineer, CIW , MCP , MCSAhttp://www.elmajdal.net...

autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5
IE7 autocomplete not working after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5. OS: Windows XP. Autocomplete worked fine on IE6 and IE7 before migration.  Is there anything thats needs to be configured on the server for IE7 autocomplete to work with the new migrated 3.5 application?  Appreciate the feedback         How are you impleneting Autocomplete? Can you show us problem causing code..My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." there is no autocomplete implementation. This is purely using...

Web Form Deployment 11.5
I get the following error when I deploy my webForm application... Script pb57F.tmp.vbs Line: 14 Char: 1 Error: Input past end of file Code: 800A003E Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error What do I need to do to deploy my application? did you install the new 3050 build? Mel Subbarao wrote: > did you install the new 3050 build? Yes. ...

Smoke [5.11.5] v5.11.5-25-g1369b85 FAIL(F) MSWin32 WinXP/.Net SP3 (x86/2 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.11.5 patch 1369b85fd244c3fb26c30101219e97eb0ea= 12f24 v5.11.5-25-g1369b85 maldoror.bath.planit.group: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz(~2660 MHz= ) (x86/2 cpu) on MSWin32 - WinXP/.Net SP3 using cl version 12.00.8804 smoketime 5 hours 56 minutes (average 44 minutes 33 seconds) Summary: FAIL(F) O =3D OK F =3D Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X =3D Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? =3D still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - =3D unknown or N/A c =3D Configure, m ...

Smoke [5.11.5] v5.11.5-91-g0fa4a26 FAIL(F) MSWin32 WinXP/.Net SP3 (x86/2 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.11.5 patch 0fa4a26596a4646f9aae1dcd199a2f30933= e6f01 v5.11.5-91-g0fa4a26 maldoror.bath.planit.group: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz(~2659 MHz= ) (x86/2 cpu) on MSWin32 - WinXP/.Net SP3 using cl version 13.10.3077 smoketime 7 hours 27 minutes (average 44 minutes 44 seconds) Summary: FAIL(F) O =3D OK F =3D Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X =3D Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? =3D still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - =3D unknown or N/A c =3D Configure, m ...

Smoke [5.11.5] v5.11.5-89-gab8e66c FAIL(F) MSWin32 WinXP/.Net SP3 (x86/2 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.11.5 patch ab8e66c141d8d7d892995deba69405e7472= 04cf0 v5.11.5-89-gab8e66c maldoror.bath.planit.group: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz(~2659 MHz= ) (x86/2 cpu) on MSWin32 - WinXP/.Net SP3 using cl version 12.00.8804 smoketime 5 hours 54 minutes (average 44 minutes 15 seconds) Summary: FAIL(F) O =3D OK F =3D Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X =3D Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? =3D still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - =3D unknown or N/A c =3D Configure, m ...

Smoke [5.11.5] v5.11.5-59-g801ed99 FAIL(F) MSWin32 WinXP/.Net SP3 (x86/2 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.11.5 patch 801ed997c7a7937af6eb7d7e84217db7917= 9b4f4 v5.11.5-59-g801ed99 maldoror.bath.planit.group: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz(~2659 MHz= ) (x86/2 cpu) on MSWin32 - WinXP/.Net SP3 using cl version 13.10.3077 smoketime 7 hours 29 minutes (average 44 minutes 57 seconds) Summary: FAIL(F) O =3D OK F =3D Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X =3D Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? =3D still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - =3D unknown or N/A c =3D Configure, m ...

Web resources about - dropdowndw properties not working on .net web forms 11.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.general