Distributed PowerBuilder #5

Hi all.
I am trying to figure out the steps, when you build dpb.

Can and shall I use PFC both on client and server? If yes, do
I have to have one set of pbl:s for the client and one for the server?

Can I run the client pbl:s in one instance of powerbuilder, and
the server pbl:s in another?

Can I share objects on client and server, under development?

Does anyone know any document, describing the steps?
PowerSofts "Building Distributed Applications" is ok, but
it don't cover everything.

Regards
Stefan Uhlin/ConNova

0
Stefan

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997 12:53:14 +0100, Stefan Uhlin <stuh@connova.se>
wrote:

>Hi all.
>I am trying to figure out the steps, when you build dpb.
>
>Can and shall I use PFC both on client and server? If yes, do
>I have to have one set of pbl:s for the client and one for the server?

Yes, you can use PFC on both ends and you can use one set of PBL's
with 2 application objects, each creating it's own exe/pbd's.

>Can I run the client pbl:s in one instance of powerbuilder, and
>the server pbl:s in another?

If by instance you mean PB version, No, I don't believe you can do
that.  Only PB 5 has the connection object that the client needs to
connect to the server.

>Can I share objects on client and server, under development?

What do you mean by sharing?

>Does anyone know any document, describing the steps?
>PowerSofts "Building Distributed Applications" is ok, but
>it don't cover everything.

There is a PB/Internet book written by Nick Evans that may be helpful

>Regards
>Stefan Uhlin/ConNova

Andy Turiansky [TeamPS]
Team Powersoft
Andrew_Turiansky@compuserve.com
0
Andrew_Turiansky
11/11/1997 3:30:15 AM
I wrote an article for PBDJ a while back that may help
You can download it from www.mosystems.com
This may clear some things up

Keep in mind you are developing two separate applications.
You can share objects between them just like any other two PB applications,
just store the objects in a pbl and include it in both applicaiton library
paths.
Same for the PFC or any other class lib.

Note that at run-time you will have two distinct applications running (most
likely on two different machines) so any shared objects will be in memory
twice.
--
Mike B, CPD
momjb@erols.com

Andy Turiansky [TeamPS] <Andrew_Turiansky@compuserve.com> wrote in article
<3467c910.2667089@forums.powersoft.com>...
> On Mon, 10 Nov 1997 12:53:14 +0100, Stefan Uhlin <stuh@connova.se>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi all.
> >I am trying to figure out the steps, when you build dpb.
> >
> >Can and shall I use PFC both on client and server? If yes, do
> >I have to have one set of pbl:s for the client and one for the server?
>
> Yes, you can use PFC on both ends and you can use one set of PBL's
> with 2 application objects, each creating it's own exe/pbd's.
>

> >Can I run the client pbl:s in one instance of powerbuilder, and
> >the server pbl:s in another?
>
> If by instance you mean PB version, No, I don't believe you can do
> that.  Only PB 5 has the connection object that the client needs to
> connect to the server.
>

> >Can I share objects on client and server, under development?
>
> What do you mean by sharing?
>

> >Does anyone know any document, describing the steps?
> >PowerSofts "Building Distributed Applications" is ok, but
> >it don't cover everything.
>
> There is a PB/Internet book written by Nick Evans that may be helpful
>

> >Regards
> >Stefan Uhlin/ConNova
> >

> Andy Turiansky [TeamPS]
> Team Powersoft
> Andrew_Turiansky@compuserve.com

0
Mike

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

Migrating from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 8.0
We are doing a feasibility study of migrating a PFC based PowerBuilder Application from v6.5 to v8.0. This application is heavily PFC depended and also includes many custom based core layers. If anybody has done (PFC based) powerbuilder migration prior kindly suggest the best approach on the following. 1) How to successfully migrate from PowerBuilder 6.5/PFC - PowerBuilder 8.0/PFC. 2) How to fix/resolve post migration errors etc... . Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards Vamsi ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide....

Migration to PowerBuilder 6.5 from Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi all, I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soon. I would like to know if I have to migrate previously to Powerbuilder 5.0, or if it is possible to migrate directly from Powerbuilder 4.0 to 6.5. In the last case I would like to know if I can have any problems during the upgrade process. Thanks in advance... On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:46:07 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jorge Salamanca" <jsalamanca@fintec.es> wrote: >Hi all, > >I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soo...

PowerBuilder 6.5 to Powerbuilder 9.0.1
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

Dropping Distributed PowerBuilder Support in PowerBuilder 8.0
I heard a long time ago that distributed PowerBuilder support was going to be dropped in PowerBuilder 8.0 in lieu of using EAServer. Is that true? When is PowerBuilder 8.0 coming out. Target for PB8 is Q1 2001. DPB is not being enhanced but the capabilities will still be there. On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:40:03 -0400, Chuck_Kiefriter wrote: >I heard a long time ago that distributed PowerBuilder support was going to >be dropped in PowerBuilder 8.0 in lieu of using EAServer. Is that true? >When is PowerBuilder 8.0 coming out. Chuck, I apologize, but I gave you inac...

The Complexity and Effort to Upgrade from PowerBuilder 5.0 to PowerBuilder 9.0
All, I am looking for any information you would have on the Complexity and Effort to Upgrade from PowerBuilder 5.0 to PowerBuilder 9.0. We are scoping out initial effort estimate documents and workplans. thanks- Brian I would start by searching this ng. Many folks have replied to questions regarding migrations from 8 to 9, 7 to 9, 6 to 9 etc. The notes may not answer all your questions but still should give you some valuable insight HTH Greg <Brian Hauss> wrote in message news:40c09b93.4a25.1681692777@sybase.com... > All, > I am looking for any information y...

Converting current code (Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to newest version of Powerbuilder?
Hi, can anyone tell me what you have to do in order to convert existing code (applications) (created under Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to the newest version of Powerbuilder (at least PB 8) and what it would take to use that code (applications) on the web, I do understand that the newer versions of PB have a web datawindow, is that all we would need to use to move our applications to the web? Thanks Look in this newsgroup aroung 01/08/02 for "Applications on the Web" (started by "John") for a good stream of information. JKerstens <John.Kerstens@gnb.ca> wrot...

Remote Debugging in EAS 5.5 and Powerbuilder 10.5.1
I just wanted the thank the user group for its help and input on remote debugging. The comments were helpful and ogt me finally going on debugging remote objects on EAS. i might add that I still had deployment problems in Powerbuilder 10.5.1. The properties for the deployed compent would be selectable in the but the debug property in the property file would be false. Strangely enough, it would show up in the component to debug list as selectable. I had event delete the component, made sure the remote debugging checkbox was not selected, and the component would still deploy as thou...

Groupwise 5.5 and 16 bit Powerbuilder 5.0.04
An application developed in 16 bit Powerbuilder 5.0.04 with functionality to send email through Groupwise 4 is not able to send email through Groupwise 5.5 ( message box stating "Can not log on to email program"). Is this a 16 bit vs 32 bit problem? Are there any fixes? Thanks Hi Ron, If Groupwise 5.5 is a 32 bit application then this will not work with a PB 5.0.4 16 bit application. This is not a PB issue but an operating system limitation. Pat Steinhardt Sybase Powerbuilder Product Support Ron Connors wrote: > An application developed in 16 bit P...

PowerBuilder 6.5 & Groupwise 5.5 on Windows 95
> I am having problems with my powerbuilder 6.5 email > application. All I want > to do is send emails out from my app to groupwise > 5.5 to email our list > server. The code I used worked perfectly with > Mircosoft Outlook but the > clients were developing the software for, use > Groupwise 5.5. The program I > developed doesnt come up with any errors when it > tries to communicate with > groupwise. I test for everything the log on to the > mail session and to check > to see if it has been sent and the return codes are > all ...

Distributed PowerBuilder
I am in the process of moving an existing PB5 PFC application Distributed PB 5. I have several concerns in regards to the capabilities of this option. We are considering moving the database access along with the business NVOs/Rules from the client machine to an application server. These are some of the concerns we have... 1.In terms of using datastores on the server machine and datawindows on the client machine, how will the communication be facilitated? - should the datawindows on the client app be external? 2. In regards to the datawindow to server communication for r...

Web resources about - Distributed PowerBuilder #5 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles