Detect if application running from PB IDE...

Is there a way to programmatically determine if an application is running
from within PB as opposed to the application's executable?

--
Thanks,

Daryl L. Avery
Development Technologies Consultant
Software Spectrum, Inc.
Phone: 972.864.5114
Fax: 972.864.7811
Email: Daryl.Avery@SoftwareSpectrum.com
Web Site: SoftwareSpectrum.com

0
Daryl

Take a look at the Handle() function and also
the Mutex.

---
PowerObject!
PowerBuilder / PFC Developers' Group
0
PowerObject
6/11/2003 11:25:19 PM
IF Handle (GetApplication()) = 0 THEN Running from IDE

Good luck,

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:46:54 -0500, "Daryl Avery"
<Daryl.Avery@SoftwareSpectrum.com> wrote:

>Is there a way to programmatically determine if an application is running
>from within PB as opposed to the application's executable?

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry

SQLCA works when application runs in PB not when application is run with Powerbuilder WDK.
Hi, My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't. When I run the application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts. When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a login box. No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the following SQLSTATE = 08001 error. How can I stop this from occurring? The SQLCA code and ini file are below. code: startupfile = "pds.ini" /* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */ sqlca.DBMS...

clearcase, run application in PB IDE, the connection to SCC is lost.
clearcase, run application in PB IDE, the connection to SCC is lost. I heard it is a known issue. Correct? VSV What version/build of PB? Paul Horan[TeamSybase] "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:3fac1d49$1@forums-1-dub... > clearcase, run application in PB IDE, the connection to SCC is lost. > > I heard it is a known issue. > Correct? > VSV > > ...

Run PB application from any another application
is it possible to execute and pass a value to a Powerbuilder application from any other application ? any input is greatly appreciated. If the other application has the ability to start applications. To pass a value, you can add command line arguments to your run script, look at commandparm() function in PB for getting those values. You can also use the windows SendMessage API call to trigger events on windows/application. <Julie> wrote in message news:4048e90b.6e7e.846930886@sybase.com... > is it possible to execute and pass a value to a Powerbuilder > applicatio...

Powerbuilder 8.0.3 crashes when starting degug or run application from IDE
We are migrating several apps from 6.5 to 8.0.3. Powerbuilder 8.0.3 crashes when starting debug or run particular application from IDE on all developers' boxes. This application compiled to p-code runs OK everywhere. All other our apps run OK from both IDE and p-code. Does anybody meet with this or similar problem ? I will be very appreciative for any advice or help .... Sergey. Is the compiled app that runs compiled from the 6.5 or the 8? If it won't run from the 8 IDE, I would not expect it to compile. I would check to be sure you included all the libraries when...

can we run another application from a PB application
Can anybody tell me if its possible to run a second PB application from an already running PB application? If yes, then is there any way to terminate the first application and continue with the second? Thanks, Menka Gupta Corsair Communications, Inc. Run("secondapp.exe") Halt Close S Rivankar Menka Gupta wrote in message <3846D57A.FE3778BB@corsair.com>... >Can anybody tell me if its possible to run a second PB application from >an already running PB application? > >If yes, then is there any way to terminate the first application and >con...

PB Application to PB Application communication
I need to have 2 powerbuilder application be able to communicate with one another. A string is all I need to pass between the two applications. I tried creating a com object that I could connect to from both applications. This com object would basically store the information I want to pass between the two applications in an instance variable. One application would populate that instance variable, then notify the other application(through the send command) to go read the information in the com object. I created the com object fine and can call a function on the com object ...

PowerBuilder application run once
Hi everybody! I need to validate a powerbuilder exe is running once.. Thanks eSistemex Sistemas y Consultores de M=E9xico S.C. www.esistemex.com What�s your environment ? PB and DB version, error message, etc... <Lucio_Sanchez> escreveu na mensagem news:B06B33753CA971DA0058B9BB85256ABC.0058B9CB85256ABC@webforums... Hi everybody! I need to validate a powerbuilder exe is running once.. Thanks eSistemex Sistemas y Consultores de M�xico S.C. www.esistemex.com This shouls help. http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0064.html /ck <Lucio_Sanchez&...

Frontend PB application for a mainframe General Ledger application using Platinum Infosession
Hi, I am trying to get a project to write a frontend PB GUI application for a mainframe General Ledger. I have succeeded to make an example for a login and CEMT list + update of CICS programs. The customer requires me to do an example based on a very small part of the General Ledger so that he can demonstrate to his colleagues this is viable and this will remove the necessity of training for the users to pass through natural and cumbersome mainframe screens to reach general ledger. They intend to have the whole of general ledger to get a GUI interface... My question is: Th...

Detecting a running application
This code not only detects if a process of your application is running, but it also brings the existing process to the front and makes it the active process. Even if it is iconic on the task bar. There idea of an 'instance' id no longer applicable under win32 and Handle function will not work. Using DDE is to me a less than practical solution. This is a much better way to do it and it recommended by Microsoft. // Declare the following external Win32 API functions. FUNCTION INT GetClassNameA (ULONG hWnd, REF STRING lpClassName, int nMaxCount ) & LIBRARY "US...

What PB DLL need in PB 9.0 application running in refresh PC
Beside executable and pbd files, which PB DLL need in PB 9.0 application running in refresh PC Thx Jason That's covered in the Help http://manuals.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-pb/pbg0900e/apptech/@Generic__BookVi ew See Chapt 39 Deploying Applications and Components subsection: Powerbuilder Runtime files "JJ" <jasonyklau@sinaman.com> wrote in message news:40061830@forums-1-dub... > Beside executable and pbd files, which PB DLL need in PB 9.0 application > running in refresh PC > > Thx > Jason > > Sorry about the me...

Application running slow after Migrating from PB 6.5 -> PB 9.0.2
Hi, We have migrated our application from PB 6.5 TO pb9.0.2. We have around 80 pbls. In PB 6.5 , application used to be fast. I mean EXE. In PB 9.0.2 , exe is running slow. We are not using PFC DATABASE is : Oracle 8.1.7.4.0 Any suggestion/help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Kavitha.M That's really not enough information to be helpful. You probably need to do some profiling of your application to determine what operations are taking too much time. Once you've narrowed it down somewhat we may be able to help. On 28 Feb 2005 22:54:22 -0800, Kavitha wro...

pb application deployment of application
ver 10.5 is there an easy way of finding which pb runtime files i need to deploy with my application to create an installation for a customer First of all, check out the PB runtime packager, and documentation in HTML books under application techniques, chapter 40. You can also use tools like process explorer (www.sysinternals.com - now Microsoft) that lists the active DLL's used by an application. Including tools like Dependency Walker (www.dependencywalker.com). (That even integrates with Process Explorer.) Regards Andr� P� Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:04:10 +0100, sk...

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications
A very common but weird error we get when trying to open asp.net applications using visual studio.net is "Visual Studio has detected that the specified Web Server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services." This Article would help you in resolving the issue. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

detection of application already running
I am trying to make a pocket builder application that during the application open event, it detects whether another instance of the application is already running, and closes the already running instance of the application. I was looking through the p/invoke libraries such as coredll, but didn't find anything that would allow me to find the process. Anyone have a better way or know of a way how to accomplish this? Ryan; You can use the following: String sMainWindowTitle = "Your Window Title" IF FocusToPreviousInstance( sMainWindowTitle ) THEN SetPointer(Ar...

Web resources about - Detect if application running from PB IDE... - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

NTU research team discovers optoelectronic application for molybdenum disulfide
A research team under the National Taiwan University (NTU) has discovered an optoelectronic application for molybdenum disulfide (MoS2), a 2-dimensional ...