deployment pb dll's

I made a simple proto type of my app. I want to show it. I copied
pbvm60.dll and my exe, but when I run it, I get an illegal operation
error. If I point the shortcut back to my development dlls it works
fine.  All it does is read from file and poplate a treeview. There is no
database connection yet. What am I missing?

0
Steve

Is your prototype using datawindows? If so, include PBDWE60.DLL as well.

pbm_hopethishelps,
Roy

Steve Strong <ucadm.steve@utah.ut.us> wrote in message
>I made a simple proto type of my app. I want to show it. I copied
>pbvm60.dll and my exe, but when I run it, I get an illegal operation
>error. If I point the shortcut back to my development dlls it works
>fine.  All it does is read from file and poplate a treeview. There is no
>database connection yet. What am I missing?

0
Roy
12/30/1998 8:04:57 PM
If you are using a datawindow anywhere, probably PBDWE60.DLL.

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 11:40:25 -0700,
Steve Strong <ucadm.steve@utah.ut.us> wrote:
>I made a simple proto type of my app. I want to show it. I copied
>pbvm60.dll and my exe, but when I run it, I get an illegal operation
>error. If I point the shortcut back to my development dlls it works
>fine.  All it does is read from file and poplate a treeview. There is no
>database connection yet. What am I missing?

Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]                | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html
0
Bruce

DLL's obfuscated using DotFuscator when deployed don't work and the DLL's are easily decompiled. What to do?
I used DotFuscator Community edition that ships with VS2005 to obfuscate some of the DLL's from my PreCompiled website. When I deploy these obfuscated DLL's on the webserver, my site doesn't work. If I revert back to my old DLL's fo my precompiled website, it works fine. Secondly, the DLL's obfuscated with DotFuscator Community Edition are easily decompiled to the original source code using a decompiler like Salamander .NET decompiler (http://www.remotesoft.com/salamander/). Then, whats the use of this DotFuscator if it can't obfuscate the DLL's. Ple...

Which .dll's can cause errors in PB .dll's
I would like to find out which .dll's (not PB .dll's) can cause errors in PB ..dll's - for example in pbvm60.dll. I know that drivers to some HP printers can cause errors in PB programs. Have a nice day! Joanna Any DLL that PB interacts with can result in errors... /ck "Joanna Owczarzak" <windows@poznan.varico.com> wrote in message news:P1Ms22iLCHA.654@forums.sybase.com... > I would like to find out which .dll's (not PB .dll's) can cause errors in PB > .dll's - for example in pbvm60.dll. > I know that drivers to some H...

Upgrading to PB 7.03 DLL's --> Rebuild project generated DLL's???
We have several apps that are all built using windows machine code DLLs and were last compiled / rebuilt when first migrated to pb7. If I upgrade to pb7.03 and then install the latest build 10077 or whatever it is do I need to rebuild all the DLL's? I'm assuming yes and feel more comfortable doing it anyway but it is time consuming and always a risk putting out new DLL's on the network. I did think I read somewhere that one of the fixes or enhancements in 7.03 was faster network execution of DLL's. Is this true? thanks jack Jack, Although it sometimes...

GPF's In PB DLL's
Hello, I have posted already regarding a gpf we encounter in pbrte050.dll. We are currently in the midst of researching several gpf's that are occuring in different PowerBuilder dlls when running our application. We are using PB 5.0.03 (32 Bit) with SQL Anywhere 5.0.03 (build 884). The following are the regularly reported gpfs we are seeing: APP CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE PBRTF050.DLL @ 0137:10d01c9e APP CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE PBDWE050.DLL @ 0137:115e6d2a APP CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE PBDWE050.DLL @ 014F:115e6d2a APP CAUSED AN INVA...

PB 11 deployment DLL's
Hi -- can someone point me to a list of DLL's I need to deploy with my PB 11 app? Can't find anything on SYBASE.COM. Thanks. There's a section in the Application Techniques HTML book in your Help: Deployment Techniques "Rick" <rickxyz--nospam.zyxcharnes@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MPG.21ffed6a914e2cb898978b@forums.powersoft.com... > Hi -- can someone point me to a list of DLL's I need to deploy with my > PB 11 app? Can't find anything on SYBASE.COM. Thanks. Thanks much. The two files that I don't see explained there ar...

Deployment dll's for PB 8
I'm trying to find a list of deployment dll's for a PB 8 application. My app uses a native database driver for Sybase ASE. I know I have to install the Sybase open client libraries, but which PB dll's do I need. I found some info on the sybase site, but I'm not sure it includes everything. So far, my list includes: pbvm80.dll libjcc.dll pbdwe80.dll Am I missing anything? TIA - Dave See the application techniques guide for a full list of deployment dlls: Name Required for PBVM80.DLL All LIBJCC.DLL All ...

Powerbuilder 8 deployment DLL's
Where can I find the list of deployment DLL's for PB8? Thanks! - Jason I just found it in Chapter 36 of Application Techniques online. Thanks anyway. Maybe this will help someone else :) Name Required for ------------------ ----------------------------------------------------- PBVM80.DLL All LIBJCC.DLL All PBDWE80.DLL DataWindows and DataStores PBRTC80.DLL Rich Text PBFNT80.INI Mapping unavailable fonts PBLAB80.INI Label DataWindow presentation style predefined formats PBTRA8...

PowerBuilder 8 Deployment DLL's #2
I am looking for the list of the DLL files which needs to be shipped to the user (Windows XP) machine during the Application deployment. Thanks in advance: vutkin@exchange.ml.com Look in the HTML books, Application Techniques. There is a section on deploying the application. <Larry Utkin> wrote in message news:40699ca8.2fbb.846930886@sybase.com... > I am looking for the list of the DLL files > which needs to be shipped to the user (Windows XP) > machine during the Application deployment. > Thanks in advance: vutkin@exchange.ml.com ...

Location of PB dll's for application deployment?
Hi, When deploying a PB 7 app, I would like to put them in <system drive>:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder But how can I make my .exe know where to find them? Regards, Eelco Hi Eelco, You could add an entry in the registry under the 'App Paths' key. Do a search in the registry for pb70.exe. You'll see a path string value for this key as well. You can do the same for your application. HTH -- Gegroet - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://www.knoware.nl/users/cypr1...

What Runtime Dll's needed for PB 10 deployment?
Does anyone know what Runtime DLL's are needed to deploy PowerBuilder 10 app that connects to SyBase 12.5 on the backend? Thanks This exact topic was covered yesterday. Please search for that post "Dlls for deployment with PB10.0.1". <Sm> wrote in message news:4224b4c1.14f5.1681692777@sybase.com... > Does anyone know what Runtime DLL's are needed to deploy > PowerBuilder 10 app that connects to SyBase 12.5 on the > backend? > > Thanks ...

deploy PB NVO's to PB
Hi, I heard different things on PB10 1) Will I be possible to deploy PB NVO's to J2EE application server like JBOSS, so we can have a HTML DataWindow in a JSP from JBOSS. 2) will it be in PB10 or PB11 ? we need it currently !!! (and not in PB11) 3) when PBVM for Linux will be 2004, so it should be possible to use PB11 and deploy NVO's to JBOSS. Is it correct that at this time, we didn't need EAS and Microsoft for displaying a DataWindow inside a JSP ? TIA Heino Hellmers S&F Datentechnik Hi, wrong title should be deploy PB NVO's to J2EE T...

How to shall DLL's and neen't copy DLL's to BIN in serval Asp.net projects?
SOS. How to shall DLL's and neen't copy DLL's to BIN in serval Asp.net projects?Thanks...

API's and dll's
Could anyone please shortly explain to me how API's and Dll's are used in ASP.NET I need to be able to access Windows API's to list all SQL servers on our network. If I want to use a dll to call and return this, do I have to write it in .NET, or will my old VB6 dll be good enough if I add it from the COM tab ? Can ASP.NEt talk to the Windows API's? If so, is is called from the client machine or the server - or can it call it from both ? Thanks. Graham I think, accessing Windows API directly is not possible. But there is a great solution: Write a COM-object in VB6 that...

PBD's OR DLL's
I have written an application and currently deploy this with an .exe and several pbd's. What is the difference between checking PBD in the application painter? -- Regards, John If you don't check the "PBD" option in the painter, then all referenced objects in that PBL get compiled into the .EXE file. This causes problems for dynamically referenced objects (many datawindows) unless you're very careful about your .PSR files. If you compile to PBD, then all of the objects in the PBL are there. Other than that, AFAIK, it's just a preference on...

Web resources about - deployment pb dll's - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Deployment diagram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To describe a web site, for example, a deployment diagram would show what hardware components ("nodes") exist (e.g., a web server, an application ...

Second Facebook Building In Luleå, Sweden, To Test New Rapid Deployment Data Center Concept
... at Facebook’s data center in Luleå, Sweden , will be the first of the social network’s data centers to be built using its new rapid deployment ...

The Current State of SMTP STARTTLS Deployment
A lot of sensitive data is sent over email, so we encrypt emails in transit via STARTTLS when available. STARTTLS has been around for 15 years, ...

Deployment Manager (@redgateDeploy) on Twitter

Children welcome Georgia National Guardsmen home from deployment to Afghanistan - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
In this photo taken on March 9, 2010 photo, Blake Cochran, left, 7, Brooke Cochran, center, 6, and Bailee Cochran, 3, welcome home Georgia's ...

Motive Security Guardian (formerly Kindsight Security) now supporting virtualized deployments - YouTube ...
Patrick Tan, General Manager of Network Intelligence at Alcatel-Lucent, discusses enhancements to the Motive Security Guardian – a cloud based, ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop: Military deployments and peacekeeping to count as foreign aid
Australia will begin to count the costs of its military and police deployments in humanitarian disasters and UN peacekeeping operations as part ...

Iraq deployment decision in days: Bishop
The national security committee and federal cabinet will meet this week to decide on Australia's deployment to Iraq.

Full fibre NBN deployment costs artificially inflated: NBN Co critic
The cost of rolling out a fibre-to-the-premises NBN may not be as high as that posited by the Coalition government, according to University of ...