Default Date 01/01/1900 ro current date

Is there a way to change the PB default date of 01/10/1900?
Is it a built-in setup or is there a setting I can change to
make it use the current date instead of 10/10/1900?

Thanks for your help!
0
Anna

No. I believe PB uses an "epoch" integer for internal date storage, and
01-jan-1900 is what 0 translates to. You're just going to have to initialize
ate variables as needed.

<Anna> wrote in message news:4238932b.391a.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Is there a way to change the PB default date of 01/10/1900?
> Is it a built-in setup or is there a setting I can change to
> make it use the current date instead of 10/10/1900?
>
> Thanks for your help!

0
Jerry

date is 01/01/1900
I am using PB12.1 and MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Express , and I am connect through SNC I have code like::- ls_date = "28/12/2010" format is dd/mm/yyyy date ldt_date ldt_date = date(ls_date) but it gives date=01/01/1900 it means null date and in control panel\reginal setting I change date format to dd/mm/yyyy but problem still, could any one help me thanks I just answered this question in the general section. Please don't crosspost - answers are more useful if the discussion is all in one place. Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do ...

date is 01/01/1900
I am using PB12.1 and MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Express , and I am connect through SNC I have code like::- ls_date = "28/12/2010" format is dd/mm/yyyy date ldt_date ldt_date = date(ls_date) but it gives date=01/01/1900 it means null date and in control panel\reginal setting I change date format to dd/mm/yyyy but problem still, could any one help me thanks That says the input was not recognized as a valid format - null input would return null. It's a better practice to use PB's date literal format "yyyy-mm-dd" to avoid problems, as the control panel se...

date is 01/01/1900
I'm updating a row in sql2k and its updating my date field to 01/01/1900 no matter what I specify. Am I doing this correctly: UPDATE Purchase SET DOP = 25/03/2003 WHERE Code = 'code02' I'm using query analyzer also, same thing, although row updated successfully is 1. > UPDATE Purchase SET DOP = 25/03/2003 WHERE Code = 'code02' try : UPDATE Purchase SET DOP = '25/03/2003' WHERE Code = 'code02' or in access UPDATE Purchase SET DOP = #25/03/2003# WHERE Code = 'code02' though I usually try to use non-ambiguos date formats e.g. UPDATE Purchase SET DOP = '25 Mar...

Updating database date field results in date value of "01/01/1900"
Brand new to this, so please bear with me.I'm using the following code fragment to update a datetime field on a SQL Server 2005 database table:cmd.CommandText = "Update Projects Set EntryDate = " & Convert.ToDateTime(txtEntryDate.Text)cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()The result of the update operation is the the database field contains the value "1900-01-01 00:00:00:000".  This probably means that I passed nulls to SQL; however, I see a valid date in the txtEntryDate field on my web form (i.e., "06/18/2007").  I also did a "Response.write" t...

1900/01/01 date issue
Hi, I have two date fields(date1 and date2) on a dw, both with editmasks in yyyy/mm/dd format. When the user enters 0000/00/00 in the first date field (date1), debugger shows date1's value as 1900/01/01 - the default value for invalid dates as I understand. The application has processing in the itemchanged event of this dw to SetNull date2 if date1 = 1900/01/01 and if not, do some processing and display a new date in date2. Is there a standard work around to allow the user to enter 1900/01/01 in date1, check for invalid dates, and still allow normal processing (perform the ca...

Date/Time defaulting to 01/01/00
I am running an application using Powerbuilder 4.0. The user has to enter a birth date. There is an edit mask on the field(00/00/00 00:00). The field is a DATETIME field in the database. If there is not a birth date and the user types in 00/00/00 00:00, the birth date defaults to 01/01/00. How can I get the birth date field to be EITHER 00/00/00 00:00 OR NULL and stop it from defaulting to 01/01/00. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thank You, P.J. Borandi pborandi@nb.net ...

Date function return 1900/01/01
I have a datetime column. I want to get it value and compare to another datetime column. Here is my script in itemchanged datetime ldt_source, ldt_target string ls_date ls_date = gettext() ====> return 2002/10/16 00:00:00 ldt_source = date(ls_date) ====> return 1900/01/01 How do I convert a string to date, ref to help. It is using date(). But it return 1900/01/01 It's strange that you don't get a compile error. ldt_source is datetime In that case you should do something like: ldt_source = Datetime(Date(ls_date)) What you can always do is strip of the t...

Hide 1900-01-01 date in GridView
I use a Calendar in a GridView. I found the Calendar does not like the NULL from the database so I replaced NULL by SqlDateTime.Null which is actually the date 1900-01-01. So now I see 1900-01-01 in the GridView. How could I replace 1900-01-01 by nothing in the GridView ? Hi Guy,  I have done something similar with the following code using the pre render event for the grid view:   Protected Sub GridView1_PreRender(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles GridView1.PreRender For Each r As GridViewRow In GridView1.Rows If r.Cells(<da...

Convert 01-01-1900 Date string value to NULL
Hi   I have a number of Textboxs on a Formview.   The Textboxs contains Date values.   When I update these dates are saved to SQL Default 1/1/1900.   I know I have to Convert Date string value to NULL before UPDATE query is executed Or write a trigger to replace 1/1/1900 values to null   I cannot find a way of converting Date back to NULL.   Also, I have only written very simple triggers.   Could anyone help me on to how to achieve the above?   Thanks in advance.   Using VB 2005/SQL 2005 Have default datetime value i...

Dates, Dates, Dates!
Hello all... I am in the process of building an appointment system, and I am trying to see if I can get some pointers on which way to go on this. The first version of this appointment system was very lo-tech, and it stored all of the possible dates/times in the database. Once a user booked an appointment, their information was logged to that date/time, and then that date/time would no longer show in the list of possible openings. This was great for a temporary fix, but with having to pre-populate all of the dates/times, the system would eventually have to be updated to continue on pa...

Null date textbox returns 01/01/1900 instead of null
VS 2005, SQL Server 2000 For the following textbox, if the textbox is blank when I do an update, it returns 01/01/00 (which is 01/01/1900).  Is there a way to prevent it from entering a value when it should be null, or do I need to do a check in the Updating event? <asp:TextBox ID="ResolvedDate" Text='<% #Bind("ResolvedDate","{0:MM/dd/yy}")%>'  runat="server" ></asp:TextBox>   I'm a little confused... Do you mean, when the page loads, the textbox has 01/01/1900... OR do you mean, when the page post...

EditMask Style on DateTime (Oracle) Field Yields 01/01/1900 Date
I am running PB7 over an Oracle 7.3 database. I have set the EditMask style on my datetime fields to 'MM/DD/YYYY', have set a Format (Display) of 'MM/DD/YYYY,' and have set the 'Use Format' property on the Edit property tab. Everything works beautifully until I erase an entered value from the field by highlighting and pressing the Delete key. When I tab off the field, the date '01/01/1900' populates the field. From the on-line help, I have found that 01/01/1900 displays when there is an error in a date function--when an incorrect format is used. Wh...

Strange empty mail dated 1970-01-01 01:00
Hello In my Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 sometimes appears empty mails dated 1970-01-01. I can only delete them by rebuilding folder index. I created new profile but problem stayed. Could someone help. Best regards Slawek Poland __________ Informacja programu ESET NOD32 Antivirus, wersja bazy sygnatur wirusow 4465 (20090928) __________ Wiadomosc zostala sprawdzona przez program ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.pl lub http://www.eset.com Slawek wrote: > Hello > In my Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 sometimes appears empty mails dated 1970-01-01. I > can only del...

Date being forced to 01/01/2000
On a date/time field, when a back space (or when a zero is keyed in) is used to correct either the day and/or month part of the field, PB forces the date to 01/01/2000. I would like it to be set to zeros instead. The datatype is datetime, format - [shortdate][time] with an editmask mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm I have several of these fields and so what is the best way to do this? ( PB Ver 7.0.2 Build 8011) thanks, madhu ...

Web resources about - Default Date 01/01/1900 ro current date - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Default logic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Default logic is a non-monotonic logic proposed by Raymond Reiter to formalize reasoning with default assumptions. Default logic can express ...

Privacy Setting For New Facebook Users Aged 13-17 Now Defaults To ‘Friends’
Facebook is changing the initial default privacy setting for users aged 13 through 17 to friends, from friends of friends, but those teen users ...

Secure browsing by default
We now use https by default for all Facebook users. This feature, which we first introduced as an option two years ago , means that your browser ...

北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 和讯博客
北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 芬芳FENFANG的博客 - 和讯博客

Facebook changes default privacy settings for new users to friends-only
Facebook announced today a shift in privacy settings for new users. Now, when someone signs up for a profile, their default posting status is ...

Google AdSense Ads Scrolling Now Default? - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More at www.seroundtable.com/archives/016753.html

Sen. Rand Paul on Debt Default - YouTube
Sen. Rand Paul on Debt Default - YouTube

Local bourse will suffer if US defaults
The picture is a worrying one for Australian investors if the impasse with the US debt ceiling is not resolved by the Thursday deadline.

Atlas Iron to halve debt with refinancing that ratings agencies say is a default
Atlas Iron will almost halve its debt under a refinancing plan, which will need shareholder approval.