Date being forced to 01/01/2000

On a date/time field, when a back space (or when a zero is keyed in)  is
used to correct either the day and/or month part of the field,  PB
forces the date to 01/01/2000.  I would like it to be set to zeros
instead.
The datatype is datetime,  format  - [shortdate][time] with an editmask
mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm
I have several of these fields and so what is the best way to do this?

 ( PB Ver 7.0.2  Build 8011)

thanks,
madhu

0
madhu

Strange empty mail dated 1970-01-01 01:00
Hello In my Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 sometimes appears empty mails dated 1970-01-01. I can only delete them by rebuilding folder index. I created new profile but problem stayed. Could someone help. Best regards Slawek Poland __________ Informacja programu ESET NOD32 Antivirus, wersja bazy sygnatur wirusow 4465 (20090928) __________ Wiadomosc zostala sprawdzona przez program ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.pl lub http://www.eset.com Slawek wrote: > Hello > In my Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 sometimes appears empty mails dated 1970-01-01. I > can only del...

date is 01/01/1900
I'm updating a row in sql2k and its updating my date field to 01/01/1900 no matter what I specify. Am I doing this correctly: UPDATE Purchase SET DOP = 25/03/2003 WHERE Code = 'code02' I'm using query analyzer also, same thing, although row updated successfully is 1. > UPDATE Purchase SET DOP = 25/03/2003 WHERE Code = 'code02' try : UPDATE Purchase SET DOP = '25/03/2003' WHERE Code = 'code02' or in access UPDATE Purchase SET DOP = #25/03/2003# WHERE Code = 'code02' though I usually try to use non-ambiguos date formats e.g. UPDATE Purchase SET DOP = '25 Mar...

date is 01/01/1900
I am using PB12.1 and MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Express , and I am connect through SNC I have code like::- ls_date = "28/12/2010" format is dd/mm/yyyy date ldt_date ldt_date = date(ls_date) but it gives date=01/01/1900 it means null date and in control panel\reginal setting I change date format to dd/mm/yyyy but problem still, could any one help me thanks That says the input was not recognized as a valid format - null input would return null. It's a better practice to use PB's date literal format "yyyy-mm-dd" to avoid problems, as the control panel se...

date is 01/01/1900
I am using PB12.1 and MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Express , and I am connect through SNC I have code like::- ls_date = "28/12/2010" format is dd/mm/yyyy date ldt_date ldt_date = date(ls_date) but it gives date=01/01/1900 it means null date and in control panel\reginal setting I change date format to dd/mm/yyyy but problem still, could any one help me thanks I just answered this question in the general section. Please don't crosspost - answers are more useful if the discussion is all in one place. Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do ...

Default Date 01/01/1900 ro current date
Is there a way to change the PB default date of 01/10/1900? Is it a built-in setup or is there a setting I can change to make it use the current date instead of 10/10/1900? Thanks for your help! No. I believe PB uses an "epoch" integer for internal date storage, and 01-jan-1900 is what 0 translates to. You're just going to have to initialize ate variables as needed. <Anna> wrote in message news:4238932b.391a.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is there a way to change the PB default date of 01/10/1900? > Is it a built-in setup or is there a setting I can change t...

1900/01/01 date issue
Hi, I have two date fields(date1 and date2) on a dw, both with editmasks in yyyy/mm/dd format. When the user enters 0000/00/00 in the first date field (date1), debugger shows date1's value as 1900/01/01 - the default value for invalid dates as I understand. The application has processing in the itemchanged event of this dw to SetNull date2 if date1 = 1900/01/01 and if not, do some processing and display a new date in date2. Is there a standard work around to allow the user to enter 1900/01/01 in date1, check for invalid dates, and still allow normal processing (perform the ca...

Updating database date field results in date value of "01/01/1900"
Brand new to this, so please bear with me.I'm using the following code fragment to update a datetime field on a SQL Server 2005 database table:cmd.CommandText = "Update Projects Set EntryDate = " & Convert.ToDateTime(txtEntryDate.Text)cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()The result of the update operation is the the database field contains the value "1900-01-01 00:00:00:000".  This probably means that I passed nulls to SQL; however, I see a valid date in the txtEntryDate field on my web form (i.e., "06/18/2007").  I also did a "Response.write" t...

Date function return 1900/01/01
I have a datetime column. I want to get it value and compare to another datetime column. Here is my script in itemchanged datetime ldt_source, ldt_target string ls_date ls_date = gettext() ====> return 2002/10/16 00:00:00 ldt_source = date(ls_date) ====> return 1900/01/01 How do I convert a string to date, ref to help. It is using date(). But it return 1900/01/01 It's strange that you don't get a compile error. ldt_source is datetime In that case you should do something like: ldt_source = Datetime(Date(ls_date)) What you can always do is strip of the t...

Hide 1900-01-01 date in GridView
I use a Calendar in a GridView. I found the Calendar does not like the NULL from the database so I replaced NULL by SqlDateTime.Null which is actually the date 1900-01-01. So now I see 1900-01-01 in the GridView. How could I replace 1900-01-01 by nothing in the GridView ? Hi Guy,  I have done something similar with the following code using the pre render event for the grid view:   Protected Sub GridView1_PreRender(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles GridView1.PreRender For Each r As GridViewRow In GridView1.Rows If r.Cells(<da...

Date/Time defaulting to 01/01/00
I am running an application using Powerbuilder 4.0. The user has to enter a birth date. There is an edit mask on the field(00/00/00 00:00). The field is a DATETIME field in the database. If there is not a birth date and the user types in 00/00/00 00:00, the birth date defaults to 01/01/00. How can I get the birth date field to be EITHER 00/00/00 00:00 OR NULL and stop it from defaulting to 01/01/00. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thank You, P.J. Borandi pborandi@nb.net ...

Name: kebe Email: alydotndiayeatrocketmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 01 01 1985 Comments: i'm so happy Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Convert 01-01-1900 Date string value to NULL
Hi   I have a number of Textboxs on a Formview.   The Textboxs contains Date values.   When I update these dates are saved to SQL Default 1/1/1900.   I know I have to Convert Date string value to NULL before UPDATE query is executed Or write a trigger to replace 1/1/1900 values to null   I cannot find a way of converting Date back to NULL.   Also, I have only written very simple triggers.   Could anyone help me on to how to achieve the above?   Thanks in advance.   Using VB 2005/SQL 2005 Have default datetime value i...

Find a week of from a given date (for ex: 01/01/2009)
Hello there,                    I tried to come up with a way to find a week of from a given date and bind the result to a dropdownlist control in C#. A user goes to this website where he enters the data for the week of whatever date he selects from the dropdown. So, this dropdown has to be populated for all the week of dates for whatever year they are in. I don't know how difficult would this be or if there is any other way to do this. I was thinking of storing all the week of in a sql database but th...

NULL DATE IS NOT NULL BUT 01/01/00 00:00
The following works if I'm in design mode, but it doesn't in the release version. I got a column field with a mask as mm/dd/yy hh:mm, when the value is null, it shows 00/00/00 00:00 which is what I want, but when user wants to delete an existing date, let's say 06/05/02 12:00, instead of going back to 00/00/00 00:00 it goes to 01/01/00 00:00. I am using PB 8 Ent and W2K operating system, database is in SQL2000. If I look at the value in the database it got 01/01/00 instad of <NULL>. try check 'blank is null' @ datawindow field setting... & allow ed...

Web resources about - Date being forced to 01/01/2000 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Forced disappearance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... which came into force on 1 July 2002, when committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed at any civilian population, a "forced ...

Forced migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Forced migration (also called deracination - originally a French word meaning uprooting) refers to the coerced movement of a person or persons ...

Will Facebook Be Forced To Charge European Users?
Yes, we know: Facebook is free and always will be . But Eduardo Ustaran, head of the privacy and information law group at European law firm Field ...

Whopper Sacrifice Forced to Disable Behavior by Facebook (Updated)
... application made waves for its creative (and aggressive) use of Facebook friend removals as a way to spread the application, Facebook has forced ...

YouTube - Alex Jones Tv (Sunday Edition) 2/10:Obama's Mad Science Advisor Calls For Forced Eugenics Program ...
... Science Advisor Called For Planetary Regime To Enforce Totalitarian Population Control Measures In 1977 book, John Holdren advocated forced ...

UN aid ship forced to turn back from Aden after shelling by Houthis
... the control fighters loyal to president Abdrabu Mansur Hadi. Aden // A UN-chartered ship carrying desperately needed food supplies was forced ...

Screaming girl forced into van on Central Coast, police told
Police are investigating reports of a screaming&nbsp;girl who was allegedly forced&nbsp;into a van on the Central Coast on Saturday.

Children forced to drive for help after parents fall 30m down a well
After their mother was injured trying to rescue their father, the children had to take desperate action.

Landlord: Media Forced Their Way Into San Bernardino Terrorists’ Apartment
UPDATE : Reporters on the scene would not tell Breitbart News if they had permission to dig through the apartment. During a press briefing, the ...

Multiple McDonald’s Locations Forced To Close After Prank Callers Convince Workers To Test Fire System ...
When I think of prank calls, I conjure up images of teenage girls huddled around their clear plastic phones, calling boys in their class and ...